Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:17 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 1765, maxwell wrote:expresses alarm that the counterwagons of the day all jumped to voting gera in 1549 but then walks it back in 1558.
I feel like this is more than enough reason to just vote HK 50
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:18 pm

Why do we think Porkens was bussing his partner Dunn as opposed to finding a lynchbaity town player that had the best chance of being mislynched?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:07 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1828, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Why do we think Porkens was bussing his partner Dunn as opposed to finding a lynchbaity town player that had the best chance of being mislynched?
Directly in response to that hypo:
In post 1663, Green Crayons wrote:
Spoiler: Porkens enters the ring
In post 998, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
All the players shall ever hear are the whispers of insanity, as insomnia takes hold...

Vote Count 1.14

Porkens (5):
Not_Mafia, Green Crayons, [Malakittens], bob3141, votato
Dunnstral (2):
DoctorPepper, HK 50
Green Crayons (2):
Porkens, farside22
HK 50(2):
Dunnstral, stungun0404
notscience (1):
geraintm
Not voting (1):
notscience

Mod Notes:

Majority is 7 players.

Day 1 has begun and will end in (expired on 2020-06-24 21:18:29).
HK 50 has been prodded and has (expired on 2020-06-24 05:39:29) to respond before I look for a replacement.

Malakittens is V/LA for (expired on 2020-06-24 00:00:00) and has given their vote to notscience.[/area]
[quote="In post 1021, Porkens"]
In post 1020, votato wrote:Bob, i still scumread bm/clidd/pork. Just couldn't do much while the slot was vacant
Tato be a gem and explain why this slot is so universally scumread pls?
In post 1156, Porkens wrote:HOKAY!
I skimmed the shit out of the last 17 pages or so, as it’s getting late.

Here’s the deal:

The scumteam lies within geraintm, stungun, dunnstral, bob, and tato.

The push on GC that tato hopped on was literally pure garbage. Reads progression somehow becomes machinations. And despite the fact that GC fairly fought off the push, it keeps recurring. Stun and gerain both defend dunnstral. Bob has a TR on Dunn for some reason (also bob almost never expresses any reads, never commits). Gerain started playing and came in at a key moment, around

That being said, I have a real tinfoil hat read on an alternate universe team of DP, GC, and Malkittens.

Other stuff:
Farside, Crayons (ignoring my hat), notsci, and HK all read very town to me. I don’t see a universe where hk is scum.

Notmaf is being very notmaf.

So there you have it, you are welcome, I’m going to bed!

VOTE: dunnstrall
[/spoiler]
looks like Porkens saw that he was on the chopping block, and made a case for a scum buddy to throw off the scent

tbf, I ran across my old posts talking about how Porkens' vote on Dunn looked made up

at the time I thought it was made up because he wanted the town to vote elsewhere to save himself from a town execution

now I'm thinking he was accepting his fate and was trying to throw the scent off from his buddy if Porkens flipped

HRM Hard to know which of those is correct

Spoiler: GC ego posting
In post 1254, Green Crayons wrote:

Here’s the deal:

The push on GC that tato hopped on was literally pure garbage. Reads progression somehow becomes machinations. And despite the fact that GC fairly fought off the push, it keeps recurring. Stun and gerain both defend dunnstral. Bob has a TR on Dunn for some reason (also bob almost never expresses any reads, never commits). Gerain started playing and came in at a key moment, around

That being said, I have a real tinfoil hat read on an alternate universe team of DP, GC, and Malkittens.

Other stuff:
Farside, Crayons (ignoring my hat), notsci, and HK all read very town to me. I don’t see a universe where hk is scum.

Here’s the deal:

Other stuff:

In post 1182, Porkens wrote:
In post 1172, stungun0404 wrote:And Mala's kinda right. It's time we start settling on a lynch, with 13 hours left in the day, and I don't think this day phase will go anywhere than Porkens, unfortunately.

Thus, VOTE: Porkens

Unless anyone has any reason to think this day phase could possibly lead to another lynch,

There is a 1 ONE vote difference between me and your biggest scumread but “unfortunately” that’s just insurmountable? Also, he says
nothing
about the substance.
In post 1176, notscience wrote:VOTE: porkens

Consolidating at this point
Consolidate elsewhere, the idea that there can’t be any other lynch is false. Again, Dunn has 1 less vote than I do.

Lynching Dunn will tell us a lot. There are clear associativas. BM tarnishes this slot so badly what do you learn about anything? Keep me around you won’t regret it.
Did you actually say why Dunn is worth your vote here? I don’t think so.

Also tell me more about these “clear associatives” that would come with a Dunn flip.
In post 1339, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 1320, Porkens wrote:Finally home from work and post office.

Thank you for the extra time all. In response to this:
In post 1254, Green Crayons wrote:<snip...>

Did you actually say why Dunn is worth your vote here? I don’t think so.

Also tell me more about these “clear associatives” that would come with a Dunn flip.

Dunn’s got a
very
good chance of flipping scum, and everyone has shared reads of him one way or the other, including a small group of defenders. That will tell us a lot.

I have a solid townread on HK and Dunn’s vote there is a safe non-starter, which I think he knows. His vote’s there, but he isn’t doing anything to make it happen, I’m guessing because he doesn’t really want to present an alternative to my mislynch, which seemed pretty certain after clidd ghosted.

Dunn’s commentary in also rubs me the wrong way. He’s casting shade on GC (and tato) without actually challenging him. (I also TR GC. I can understand the scum read on BM, and even though it's wrong I read GC as scum hunting and the votes there really don't make much sense to me.)

Finally, he’s been active lurking and trolling all day.

-----

I'd be ok lynching votato, but it really won't tell us as much as Dunn.
Okay. I think you're scum.

I commend the pivot to hard reading me as town. I instinctively don't want to lynch someone who does that.

But I don't think this Dunn suspicion is natural. Dunn was tied for the second bw (with me, who also had 2 votes), and I think you decided to try to push and focus on Dunn because he already had some votes and he hasn't nearly been a pain in the ass like I have. I say that because I don't think your suspicions are legitimate.

For starters, you didn't give suspicions originally for your Dunn vote.

And now it comes down:

- to pushing a non-starter wagon on HK--but it's no more of a nonstarter than farside trying to vote GC, as stun is happy with both a HK and GC vote but nobody else is
- picking one post (that conveniently defends me) with an okay theory, but would need some plenty more work to be a banner case
- uses buzzwords "active lurking and trolling," neither of which I think are accurate; he hasn't beetlejuiced and he isn't a troll player

I'm also not convinced that Dunn gives us great associative tells any more than other players who have been the thread's topic of conversation. You're pretty nonspecific on that point, which I admit is generally NAI, but I would think that if this was legitimate point you would have *some* specific examples in mind.

VOTE: Porkens
[/quote]

But also:
In post 1661, Green Crayons wrote:
Spoiler: BM and Dunn
[quote="In post 189, Battle Mage"]
In post 176, Green Crayons wrote:VOTE: Dunnstral
This looks serious...what's the story here?
In post 192, Battle Mage wrote:In other news, I've decided HK 50 is actually town, and figured out the most likely reason why Green Crayons voted Dunnstral. So that's something! :cop:
In post 344, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 236, farside22 wrote:
In post 228, Green Crayons wrote:^^^ I don't see how that makes farside town. It does strengthen Dunn being scum.
I felt the way I felt. I can't help my pings on players.

There should be more votes on Dunn too with your follow up spoilers post.

@NS: Who else are you suspicious of? I see a lot of filler coming from you but nothing stating a scum read. Or even following of anyone.
BM: Hey BM, how are you? Taking some lumps I see......would you mind voting Dunn and we can chat later about if you are scum or town and about play style later?
Thanks!!
Yep yep, usual fare! :lol:

I'm not so keen on Dunn
Maybe he's just not scum
Annie did tell me so
and scum is votato

:wink:

I'm worried about this "play style" chat...are you gonna bash me too? :cry:
In post 345, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 94, Dunnstral wrote:I don't want you to apologize, I want you to die
This is the only Dunnstral post that really townpings me, although his general tone is definitely one of not giving a crap and being abrasive which is more common in town than scum I think. Should be easy to meta later when I have more time.
In post 353, votato wrote:
In post 344, Battle Mage wrote: I'm not so keen on Dunn
Maybe he's just not scum
Annie did tell me so
and scum is votato

In post 345, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 94, Dunnstral wrote:I don't want you to apologize, I want you to die
This is the only Dunnstral post that really townpings me, although his general tone is definitely one of not giving a crap and being abrasive which is more common in town than scum I think. Should be easy to meta later when I have more time.
does anyone else see a contradiction here?
In post 355, Battle Mage wrote:re: 353 - you're definitely clutching at straws now dude.... there are some good reasons for lazyscum to vote me out there, but that? :facepalm:
In post 360, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 357, votato wrote:
In post 355, Battle Mage wrote:re: 353 - you're definitely clutching at straws now dude.... there are some good reasons for lazyscum to vote me out there, but that? :facepalm:
you say "im not keen on the dunn wagon, so im not gonna vote there"
and then "i have no real reason to think dunn is town"
yep, I can help you here:

1. I have 1 reason to think Dunn is town, and 0 reason to think Dunn is scum, therefore I townlean Dunn.
2. There is no 2. :yawn:
In post 367, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 361, farside22 wrote:
In post 344, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 236, farside22 wrote:
In post 228, Green Crayons wrote:^^^ I don't see how that makes farside town. It does strengthen Dunn being scum.
I felt the way I felt. I can't help my pings on players.

There should be more votes on Dunn too with your follow up spoilers post.

@NS: Who else are you suspicious of? I see a lot of filler coming from you but nothing stating a scum read. Or even following of anyone.
BM: Hey BM, how are you? Taking some lumps I see......would you mind voting Dunn and we can chat later about if you are scum or town and about play style later?
Thanks!!
Yep yep, usual fare! :lol:

I'm not so keen on Dunn
Maybe he's just not scum
Annie did tell me so
and scum is votato

Not a fun that 1 comment = town compared to his now lurking while votato takes pressure.

Your making me a sad puppy right now bm.
I'm sorry :(

I'll tell you what, if you join me in a righteous Green Crayons lynch today, we can lynch Dunnstral tomorrow. Pinky promise! :D
[/spoiler]

So I thought that BM's first point where he asks me what my Dunn vote is all about suggested Dunn is town--BM-scum is looking for real reasons to vote Dunn.

But then he changes Dunn to being town.

And then votes votato over the tied bandwagon on Dunn.

And then has this weird way of explaining why Dunn is town.

And then promises farside a Dunn lynch in the future if they could just do a GC lynch.

Not looking good for Dunn.

ALL OF THAT SAID:
In post 403, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 402, Dunnstral wrote:I saw battle mage playing similar to this as town.
And I saw Dunnstral playing completely different to this as scum. :cop:
Would scum meta each other to defend?

my goodness, maybe. i'm cringing just thinking of that possibility.[/quote]
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by maxwell »

In post 1824, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1760, maxwell wrote:can you tell me what about his recent handful of posts you liked better relative to everything else in the game?
Mostly the follow up to his HK 50 push revealed there was more to it than just "not posting during certain times of day"
All right.
In post 1827, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1765, maxwell wrote:expresses alarm that the counterwagons of the day all jumped to voting gera in 1549 but then walks it back in 1558.
I feel like this is more than enough reason to just vote HK 50
I'm totally fine with him as a potential elimination now I think. DoctorPepper's self-defense made no sense and pissed me off but if anything made me feel he's more likely to be town
In post 1828, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Why do we think Porkens was bussing his partner Dunn as opposed to finding a lynchbaity town player that had the best chance of being mislynched?
Pure guess-ery, porkens looked likely to go down day 1 and under that assumption he'd be trying to create non-associatives to help his partners. Of course, this is all just a big bag of WIFOM so do with it what you will. Dunnstral also hard defended that slot, the associatives for him aren't really any better. The one point in his favor is that he was the wagon opposing the wagon that put clidd to L-1 & it's somewhat hard to pick out a potential final partner for him from there.
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:17 pm

Post by maxwell »

Do I actually have to go over Dunnstral's interactions with the BM slot like I did for DoctorPepper and HK 50? I skipped out on it because I was pissed off, he isn't playing the game, and it looked like a foregone conclusion but now people are backing down and I feel like if I don't do the work, no one is.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:48 pm

Post by Malakittens »

I’m ok with voting Hk50
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:20 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1799, Green Crayons wrote:Your also at E-1 so govern yourself accordingly.
And for my next trick, I'll make these votes disappear
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:23 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1792, maxwell wrote:Give me reason to think you can't be. Or don't, that's fine too.

(doctorpepper, irritatingly, is probably more likely town after our recent exchange)
The only reason to think I'm scum is wifom from the guy who looked like he was going down
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:06 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1834, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1792, maxwell wrote:Give me reason to think you can't be. Or don't, that's fine too.

(doctorpepper, irritatingly, is probably more likely town after our recent exchange)
The only reason to think I'm scum is wifom from the guy who looked like he was going down
Well at least you're no longer completely wrong:
In post 1705, Dunnstral wrote:Now they're back on me again because my read was wrong, or something to that effect
But you're still halfway wrong. My main suspicion is how BM treated you, not Porkens.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:07 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1833, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1799, Green Crayons wrote:Your also at E-1 so govern yourself accordingly.
*meaningful stare*

*tear*
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:40 am

In post 1829, Green Crayons wrote:So I thought that BM's first point where he asks me what my Dunn vote is all about suggested Dunn is town--BM-scum is looking for real reasons to vote Dunn.

But then he changes Dunn to being town.

And then votes votato over the tied bandwagon on Dunn.

And then has this weird way of explaining why Dunn is town.

And then promises farside a Dunn lynch in the future if they could just do a GC lynch.
Maybe his buddies were already on dunn? or he was pocketing dunn?

I tend to think scum would have more coherent stances on their partners

tbh rereading this bit of BM's ISO, I'm not able to draw any confident conclusions from it
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:43 am

In post 1833, Dunnstral wrote:
Can this happen sooner rather than later
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:44 am

yo guys we have 18 hours

@mod can we get a deadline pause as we wait for HK 50 to be replaced?
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:23 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

Currently searching for a replacement of HK 50.
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:28 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

likelyhood of a rage quit?
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:45 am

Post by maxwell »

We're not supposed to talk about it and it's likely irrelevant to alignment anyway (I hate having to say this). I don't want a hammer without a claim, I wish the day weren't completely stalled otherwise.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:52 am

DoctorPepper has been prodded and has (expired on 2020-07-08 14:52:02) to respond before I look for a replacement.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:24 am

In post 1840, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
what about the deadline pause
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:34 am

Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1840, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
what about the deadline pause
One replacement here has not added 24 hours to the deadline thus far.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:42 am

Vote Count 2.5

Dunnstral (3):
Green Crayons, DoctorPepper, maxwell
HK 50 (3):
Cat Scratch Fever, bob3141, NoPowerOverMe
votato (2):
Malakittens, Dunnstral
bob3141 (1):
Not_Mafia
Not voting (1):
HK 50

Mod Notes:

Majority is 6 players.

Day 2 has begun and will end in (expired on 2020-07-08 08:05:34)

DoctorPepper has been prodded and has (expired on 2020-07-08 14:52:02) before I search for a replacement.[/area]
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:55 am

Post by maxwell »

God, didn't realize it was that little time left. Malakittens, Dunnstral and Not_Mafia need to move, those votes are not happening. Either of the two lead wagons needs to be the vote for today.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:02 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: Dunn
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:55 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

Why Dunn and not HK?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”