Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:28 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Why do people think I'm behind or disengaged? Agar, why do you think my points on Iamausername, Cantlynchapuppy, or UT or weak or too old to even apply? I'm here. If anyone has questions for me I'm all ears. Yes, Day 2 happened during my V/LA. But I was here and felt I was active for Day 1. And I'm here keeping up just fine for Day 3.

Agar, talk to me about Starbuck. Do you honestly believe scum after having a buddy lynched day 1 sets up a scenario that lynches farside to put Starbuck in a better spot? I personally don't see it. If farside and porkens had both been town, I'd understand Starbuck going down in style and taking out two widely town read slots. But with farside being scum I just don't see it. Do you disagree?
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:45 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 1750, Kmd4390 wrote:I'm here. If anyone has questions for me I'm all ears
what is your star sign?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:37 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1749, Gammagooey wrote:@Blair & Green Crayons - Have any strong or at least medium townreads on anyone who's being considered for wagoning atm?
Yes.

username and UT
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:40 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In fact

1) AGar - prob town
4) Blair - maybe scum
5) CantLynchAPuppy - maybe scum
7) Green Crayons - town
8) Hoopla - town
9) iamausername - town
10) Kmd4390 - maybe scum
11) Gammagooey (replacing Llamarble N1) - town
12) Morning Tweet - i guess maybe scum
14) Starbuck - town
15) Untrod Tripod - prob town
16) VP Baltar - town
17) xRECKONERx - town

If we just lynched Blair, CLAP, Kmd, and MT--in, maybe Kmd, MT, Blair, CLAP order--then we'd probably win.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:41 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1753, Green Crayons wrote:10) Kmd4390 -
maybe
scum
Fixed.

I'm still waking up.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:46 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1750, Kmd4390 wrote:Why do people think I'm behind or disengaged? Agar,
why do you think my points on Iamausername, Cantlynchapuppy, or UT or weak or too old to even apply?
I'm here. If anyone has questions for me I'm all ears. Yes, Day 2 happened during my V/LA. But I was here and felt I was active for Day 1. And I'm here keeping up just fine for Day 3.

Agar, talk to me about Starbuck. Do you honestly believe scum after having a buddy lynched day 1 sets up a scenario that lynches farside to put Starbuck in a better spot? I personally don't see it. If farside and porkens had both been town, I'd understand Starbuck going down in style and taking out two widely town read slots. But with farside being scum I just don't see it. Do you disagree?
I mean, this very post answers the bold.

D3 you have put forward some fairly milquetoast suspicions on username and CLAP. You haven't really pushed for either's lynch--you basically abandoned CLAP after a truly minimalist showing and then just glomped onto username's wagon because ??? (hint: it was more popular and you could easily go with the flow). And *now* you want to revisit whether Starbuck is scum--something that I'm sure everyone has gotten past.

Meanwhile, D1 you were on the sidelines as well. Apart from a handful of early D1 votes, you didn't venture a vote out anywhere once we got to the true meat of D1 (VP v. Auro wagons, etc.).

You're hiding. But your scum is showing.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:56 am

Post by iamausername »

GC i’m in love

talk to me about Hoopla. that’s the only one of your townreads i’m not on board with.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:02 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 972, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 968, Albert B. Rampage wrote:What is your read on Hoopla guys?
obviously smart and players are familiar with her enough that she's dangerous that she might pocket them

nothing I've seen is particular alignment related.
I suppose her research point is a town lean event, as talk about a waste to pull that out for the first time when scum.
The more I've thought about this, the more I think it's town for her to pull it out.

She hasn't really pushed it more than mentioning it, so I should probably temper the town points I award.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:57 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

alright, post momentum and drive have stalled so im just going to push a wagon

VOTE: kmd
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:09 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1753, Green Crayons wrote:In fact

1) AGar - prob town
4) Blair - maybe scum
5) CantLynchAPuppy - maybe scum
7) Green Crayons - town
8) Hoopla - town
9) iamausername - town
10) Kmd4390 - maybe scum
11) Gammagooey (replacing Llamarble N1) - town
12) Morning Tweet - i guess maybe scum
14) Starbuck - town
15) Untrod Tripod - prob town
16) VP Baltar - town
17) xRECKONERx - town

If we just lynched Blair, CLAP, Kmd, and MT--in, maybe Kmd, MT, Blair, CLAP order--then we'd probably win.
this feels like a very lazy solve. it's like "oh if we just lynch the top four people who have had suspicion on them the most in the game we will win"
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:09 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

@Gamma read me please & ty
green shirt thursdays
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:23 am

Post by iamausername »

yeah, i’m really wary of the fact that Hoopla presumably had a bunch of this kind of research done before receiving her role pm for this game, and, upon receiving a scum role, could very easily pick and choose moments to reveal it when it would implicate town players and not scum players.

like, we know that farside and Auro weren’t among the lowest post counts. Hoopla herself wasn’t among the lowest post counts. if she has the research available, and it justifies votes on town players, why wouldn’t she post it as scum?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:23 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1759, xRECKONERx wrote:this feels like a very lazy solve. it's like "oh if we just lynch the top four people who have had suspicion on them the most in the game we will win"
Okay.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:34 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1761, iamausername wrote:yeah, i’m really wary of the fact that Hoopla presumably had a bunch of this kind of research done before receiving her role pm for this game, and, upon receiving a scum role, could very easily pick and choose moments to reveal it when it would implicate town players and not scum players.

like, we know that farside and Auro weren’t among the lowest post counts. Hoopla herself wasn’t among the lowest post counts. if she has the research available, and it justifies votes on town players, why wouldn’t she post it as scum?
I thought she was accumulating this research from before this game was even thought up. Maybe I'm wrong about that.

Presumably the research is intended to actually be helpful for more than a single game. Otherwise all her work was pretty pointless. It isn't helpful for more than a single game than if she just brings it up as scum and doesn't show how it actually helps to catch scum.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:01 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 1751, Hoopla wrote:
In post 1750, Kmd4390 wrote:I'm here. If anyone has questions for me I'm all ears
what is your star sign?
Aries.
In post 1755, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 1750, Kmd4390 wrote:Why do people think I'm behind or disengaged? Agar,
why do you think my points on Iamausername, Cantlynchapuppy, or UT or weak or too old to even apply?
I'm here. If anyone has questions for me I'm all ears. Yes, Day 2 happened during my V/LA. But I was here and felt I was active for Day 1. And I'm here keeping up just fine for Day 3.

I mean, this very post answers the bold.

D3 you have put forward some fairly milquetoast suspicions on username and CLAP. You haven't really pushed for either's lynch--you basically abandoned CLAP after a truly minimalist showing and then just glomped onto username's wagon because ??? (hint: it was more popular and you could easily go with the flow). And *now* you want to revisit whether Starbuck is scum--something that I'm sure everyone has gotten past.

Meanwhile, D1 you were on the sidelines as well. Apart from a handful of early D1 votes, you didn't venture a vote out anywhere once we got to the true meat of D1 (VP v. Auro wagons, etc.).

You're hiding. But your scum is showing.
Things you have wrong here:
-I haven't abandoned Cantlynchapuppy. I just feel more confident in iamausername.
- iamausername wasn't the more popular wagon when I switched . He and Cantlynchapuppy had the same number of votes.
- I don't want to revisit Starbuck as scum. I want to make people understand why she most likely isn't . You say everyone has gotten past it, yet I'm being attacked for treating her as near confirmed town.
-Day 1, I suspected Starbuck and wanted to go there. I was wrong on Auro, sure, but I wasn't on the sidelines. It was clear what I wanted. I went back and forth with ABR on it.

I also don't agree with your suspicions on morning tweet and Blair by the way.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:15 am

Post by iamausername »

Kmd, why don’t you think Blair is scum?
what made you decide that i was a better choice than Puppy?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:41 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Blair's Day 1 looked town to me. The whole Starbuck suspicion and then the way she handled it when Starbuck clarified seemed like town thinking it out logically. I haven't seen any reason to suspect Blair since that.

The biggest thing I have on Cantlynchapuppy is positioning on the farside wagon which applies to you too. When I factor in your VP vote and reaction to Auro's VT claim I just feel like we have a stronger chance of hitting scum with you.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:22 am

Post by iamausername »

OK, so why did you originally suspect Puppy more? what prompted you to switch to me?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:54 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 1764, Kmd4390 wrote:Aries.
some things are bound to get lost and be left behind as you move along. it is important to stay confident and in tune with your successes, no matter what once happened, or you thought should happen but never did. there is truly no point in crying over spilled milk.

show how thankful you are to people who stood by your side in difficult times and when you lost your energy or your way. still, make sure that such contacts allow new ones to blossom in your life as you move along.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: KMD
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:18 am

Post by Blair »

In post 1749, Gammagooey wrote:@Blair & Green Crayons - Have any strong or at least medium townreads on anyone who's being considered for wagoning atm?
Nope. I don't really understand the kmd wagon, but I'm not townreading them.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:30 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 1760, xRECKONERx wrote:@Gamma read me please & ty
weak town read that with the power of your revelation claim and backing up Starbuck with it feeling natural goes up to like a medium town read
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:34 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

if kmd is the yeet of the day I'd like it if MT's replacement could get a chance to comment on it beforehand btw

ideally before kmd has to claim but that might depend on how much time we have before deadline by the time the replacement's joined and read up
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:08 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1745, AGar wrote:
In post 1744, xRECKONERx wrote:is being disengaged a scumtell?
Is that all you took from my post?
This does seem to be the bulk of the kmd case...which I'm not finding super persuasive. I definitely don't think kmd has done very much this game, but he also missed like all of day 2 and seemed to have been gone for the holiday or something.

If we are going to policy yeet anyone, let's just do MT. A replacement is going to kill momentum here further.

quoting my previous case for ease of reference:
In post 1279, VP Baltar wrote:GAMMMAAAAAAA. We get a chance to win one together this time! Thanks for replacing in.

Ok, so I actually did do some reading over the night phase and there are SO MANY reasons to vote Morning Tweet.

VOTE: Morning Tweet

Going to run down them quick because I don't have long left on the computer here, so this is a very "notes dump" post.

The biggest reason I saw to think MT-Auro buddies is MT's incessant defense of Auro throughout D1 despite saying he is on the null to scummy side. (posts 144, 175,473, 546, 624, 642, 844, 853, 854, 1006, 1011, 1089). Alot of this is like a meta defense "auro wouldn't play like this" kind of stuff. Which, for the person who claims they know him the best here, that surely missed the target if MT is actually town.

There was also the weird Porkens "obvtown" stuff ... which feels like a scum conclusion based on very little evidence. Calls him a top town read as early as page 19. Wasn't really much substantive content from Porkens at that point yet, so not really sure how she was reaching that conclusion.

Here is another bit pulled straight from my notes:
VP's notes wrote:No serious vote on anyone in the game until she votes me and my wagon is looking like it's going to happen for sure. (post 853) Also just realized this vote of me included a defense of Auro hahahahahaha.

Post 632...lists Auro as a middle of the pack null read, on the fringe of scum, and yet the defenses of Auro and efforts to nudge away from the wagon persist for most of the rest of the day.

Post 705... MT says "I don't actively scumread him but i dont exactly actively scumread, period D1" But I went to find a town game from her because this sounds kind of silly. Needless to say, I randomly picked Micro 943: Treestump and MT is voting people regularly and looking for scum on D1. So not sure where this "I don't scumhunt D1 thing started." Open to hearing more from MT to explain that.

Later in the day, seems to be inching toward my wagon by saying "I like the wagon composition" (post 848) ... which makes no fucking sense when you literally have zero scum reads and have not made a serious vote yet in the game.
The only thing that is throwing me a little bit is MT's interaction with Auro in twilight. The reactions feel slightly genuine to me, but on the other hand Auro was hamming it up and trying to make a bunch of WIFOM it seems like.

Ask yourself this, would I as a town member defend someone else 13 times on D1 if I had them on the scum side of a null read? If the answer is no, you should be voting for MT.

Lastly, I'll add that I am suspicious of the replace out as a disappointed scum who wasn't engaged replacing out to help a partner in a game they are losing. It's equivalent to a free pass for that slot for the day because no one is going to want to yeet someone who just had the decency to replace into a 70 page game.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:26 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1653, iamausername wrote:672 is the first post that pings extremely scummy to me. just... Blair felt like she wasn't pushing Starbuck hard enough, and was going to be scumread for that, but it turned out people starting scumreading her for the opposite! like, the "i thought i would be scumread for not pushing hard enough" seems like a weird thing to think to start with, and smacks of a guilty conscience. and then the fact that she just... stops pushing Starbuck here just absolutely stinks. there's no "you guys are wrong, Starbuck is scummy" or "yeah, i guess i was wrong about Starbuck", just "oh, i'm being scumread for this, better stop doing it!"

678 - if Auro is so confusing, why no effort to figure him out? like, this post came after she asked ABR who to vote and he said "VP/Auro/UT all need pushing", so she declares VP town, Auro 'confusing' and then votes UT? there's no indication that she thinks UT is scummy, just that's another player ABR named, so i guess that's good enough?

1022 - 'hates' both the main wagons, does nothing to push anything else. this is the tl;dr version of my case right here

1032 & 1080 - that is an awfully quick turnaround from "I'm not really convinced Porkens' reaction to ABR was genuine townie outrage" to "Porkens is the hero we need right now".

1340 - find it extremely suspect that Blair sees Starbuck's revelation and just immediately jumps to 'Porkens is scum' without appearing to give any thought to the other half of that equation. like, most people, given that info, either said "well, i have a townread on farside/Porkens, so i guess it must be the other one" or "not sure, guess i'll reread them both", but Blair just jumps straight to "Starbuck is voting Porkens so i will too." like, this doesn't feel like the moment Blair learns that one of farside/Porkens is scum, this feels like the moment Blair learns that she has an excellent excuse to vote for Porkens.
This Blair case isn't entirely terrible, actually. hmm, I may have been wrong on IAAU.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:40 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1764, Kmd4390 wrote: Things you have wrong here:
-I haven't abandoned Cantlynchapuppy. I just feel more confident in iamausername.
- iamausername wasn't the more popular wagon when I switched . He and Cantlynchapuppy had the same number of votes.
- I don't want to revisit Starbuck as scum. I want to make people understand why she most likely isn't . You say everyone has gotten past it, yet I'm being attacked for treating her as near confirmed town.
-Day 1, I suspected Starbuck and wanted to go there. I was wrong on Auro, sure, but I wasn't on the sidelines. It was clear what I wanted. I went back and forth with ABR on it.

I also don't agree with your suspicions on morning tweet and Blair by the way.
- Curious to hear your response to username’s Q about your CLAP suspicions

- username had been in the spotlight from the beginning of today as a likely lynch. I think he’s had 5/6 people vote for him, not including you. CLAP has had three people vote him, including you, and never more than two at once. And one of them (Reck) had already disclaimed their suspicions by the time you got around to voting CLAP (and later username). Comparing username to CLAP as neck-and-neck wagons based on a single vote tally without context is duplicitous. That’s AI because you’re trying to show your actions as being a contributor to moving the game state when that’s incorrect.

- I don’t read AGar as saying you’re suspicious for finding Starbuck town, in itself, but that your position makes it look like you have additional knowledge. You getting bogged down in “well no she’s actually town” avoids that point he’s making and shifts the conversation much more comfortable for you to defend (that SB is town). Do you see the difference?

- you clearly didn’t want to wade into Auro/VP. You chimes in occasionally about how a thought or two about Auro, but a few sentences without a vote is sideline material.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”