(Hoopla)

Morning Tweet (Y-5)
~ VP Baltar, Gammagooey
Blair (Y-6)
~ iamausername

Not Yeeting:
(CantLynchAPuppy,)
xRECKONERx, Morning Tweet, Starbuck

-I'm still searching for a replacement for Morning Tweet. Please hold...

--With 13 alive, it will take 7 votes to yeet a player.
--Deadline is at 21:00 on Monday, 13 July 2020.
(6 days left)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:17 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1750, Kmd4390 wrote:Agar, why do you think my points on Iamausername, Cantlynchapuppy, or UT or weak or too old to even apply?
The only thing I said was that they were weak and that tonally your post felt that you didn't even believe in them. Your initial point in 1670 is regarding a weak bussing buddy theory that doesn't line up with your insistence that Starbuck is town - if Starbuck is town, then scum knew farside was going to get lynched D2 or D3 no matter what. In 2010 I would've spammed the thread with "cognitive dissonance" about this. Your CLAP justification hinges on the presence of an active role to fuck with an investigative's results - nothing about an independent reasoning. Your IAAUN justification based on is just bad. Absent context, sure it's a frustrated scumbuddy. With the literal post he's replying to quoted, you can see it's within discussion of farside's claim - LITERALLY to get farside lynched. Your UT read is uh... bunk. You give the most credence to this one (albeit handwaving about bussing position and talking about posturing to hammer on a speedy D2 is still fairly weak), but it's your alternate?
In post 1750, Kmd4390 wrote:Agar, talk to me about Starbuck. Do you honestly believe scum after having a buddy lynched day 1 sets up a scenario that lynches farside to put Starbuck in a better spot? I personally don't see it. If farside and porkens had both been town, I'd understand Starbuck going down in style and taking out two widely town read slots. But with farside being scum I just don't see it. Do you disagree?
See, here you go again not actually reading and just pulling off the top what you want to find.

Here's what I *actually* said:
In post 1748, AGar wrote:... like [kmd] trying to shut down any spec on Starbuck that felt too deliberate and too informed
I've questioned someone else's own speculation about Starbuck gambitting and acknowledged in the question it seems pretty thin. But the way you wanted to shut it down read like you wanted to authoritatively take some credit for "steering" the town off something you knew to be less fruitful.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:50 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 1767, iamausername wrote:OK, so why did you originally suspect Puppy more? what prompted you to switch to me?
I thought the post about investigative roles was a bigger deal when I initially saw it but when someone pointed out that it didn't make sense if farside was lynched and it involves some very specific shenanigans in scum's roles, my confidence weakened a bit.
Green Crayons wrote: - username had been in the spotlight from the beginning of today as a likely lynch. I think he’s had 5/6 people vote for him, not including you. CLAP has had three people vote him, including you, and never more than two at once. And one of them (Reck) had already disclaimed their suspicions by the time you got around to voting CLAP (and later username). Comparing username to CLAP as neck-and-neck wagons based on a single vote tally without context is duplicitous. That’s AI because you’re trying to show your actions as being a contributor to moving the game state when that’s incorrect.
Meh. I'm a simple guy. I just try to vote scum. But when I switched, the wagons were even. Even if they weren't, I'd be willing to switch from a scum read to another scum read if I saw momentum shift.
Green Crayons wrote: - I don’t read AGar as saying you’re suspicious for finding Starbuck town, in itself, but that your position makes it look like you have additional knowledge. You getting bogged down in “well no she’s actually town” avoids that point he’s making and shifts the conversation much more comfortable for you to defend (that SB is town). Do you see the difference
No. I don't see it . I thought I explained pretty well why I can't see Starbuck effectively claiming a half guilty on her scum buddy after losing a buddy the previous day.
Green Crayons wrote: - you clearly didn’t want to wade into Auro/VP. You chimes in occasionally about how a thought or two about Auro, but a few sentences without a vote is sideline material
This is fair if you considered VP vs Auro the only options but I was against both eliminations.
Agar wrote: The only thing I said was that they were weak and that tonally your post felt that you didn't even believe in them. Your initial point in 1670 is regarding a weak bussing buddy theory that doesn't line up with your insistence that Starbuck is town - if Starbuck is town, then scum knew farside was going to get lynched D2 or D3 no matter what. In 2010 I would've spammed the thread with "cognitive dissonance" about this. Your CLAP justification hinges on the presence of an active role to fuck with an investigative's results - nothing about an independent reasoning. Your IAAUN justification based on 1490 is just bad. Absent context, sure it's a frustrated scumbuddy. With the literal post he's replying to quoted, you can see it's within discussion of farside's claim - LITERALLY to get farside lynched. Your UT read is uh... bunk. You give the most credence to this one (albeit handwaving about bussing position and talking about posturing to hammer on a speedy D2 is still fairly weak), but it's your alternate?
That's how I see the game right now. If you feel that's weak, that's one thing. But no, saying that I find my own reasoning weak is just plain wrong. When we have two flipped scum it makes sense to use associatives to find a buddy. Both Cantlynchapuppy and iamausername made farside votes that make sense as bussing a buddy who was going down. Iamausername also had a bad VP vote while Auro was in trouble. I think they and UT are the best place to look as a result of those events and looking at wagons.
Agar wrote: I've questioned someone else's own speculation about Starbuck gambitting and acknowledged in the question it seems pretty thin. But the way you wanted to shut it down read like you wanted to authoritatively take some credit for "steering" the town off something you knew to be less fruitful.
The speculation was dumb. We'd be idiots to eliminate Starbuck today and there was no reason to even discuss it.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:01 am

Post by Vi »

chkflip replaces Morning Tweet. Thank you so much!
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:05 am

Post by chkflip »

Where we landing, boys?
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:35 am

Post by Gammagooey »

chkflip wrote:Where we landing, boys?
helloooo

Your slot, Kmd, and iamausername are the people that are being seriously considered for an execution/yeeting today, so hearing your thoughts on those two relatively soon would be appreciated, especially since they're both on the low-end of posting amount.
Day 1 is pretty thick content-wise but it's worth reading pretty thoroughly since we're down to only 2 scum and day 2 was resolved largely because of role info - as someone who had to read through it all recently the only 'shortcut' I'd maybe recommend is skipping from page 15 or so to page 25 - there's a lot of Starbuck/Blair back and forth in there as well as the buildup of the VPB wagon which could be important so I'd definitely recommend reading it when you have time, but I'd lean towards it being the least revealing section of the game along with it being fairly difficult/time-consuming to read through it all and understand what's happening.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:38 am

Post by chkflip »

Oh, I'm sorry, maybe I wasn't clear.

I'm 100% not reading 70 pages.

Where we landing, boys?
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:03 am

Post by Blair »

Iamausername is scum.

Vote to yeet with extreme prejudice.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:07 am

Post by chkflip »

VOTE: iamausername

Am convinced.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:12 am

Post by Blair »

That's settled, then.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:31 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I endorse this product or service
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:24 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1775, Vi wrote:

:right:
Kmd4390 (Y-3)
~ Green Crayons, AGar, CantLynchAPuppy, Hoopla
iamausername (Y-4)
~ Blair, Untrod Tripod, Kmd4390,
(Hoopla)

Morning Tweet (Y-5)
~ VP Baltar, Gammagooey
Blair (Y-6)
~ iamausername

Not Yeeting:
(CantLynchAPuppy,)

(6 days left)
CLAP, Reck, and Starbuck, please place a vote.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:24 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1786, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 1775, Vi wrote:

:right:
Kmd4390 (Y-3)
~ Green Crayons, AGar, CantLynchAPuppy, Hoopla
iamausername (Y-4)
~ Blair, Untrod Tripod, Kmd4390,
(Hoopla)

Morning Tweet (Y-5)
~ VP Baltar, Gammagooey
Blair (Y-6)
~ iamausername

Not Yeeting:
(CantLynchAPuppy,)

(6 days left)
CLAP,
Reck, and Starbuck, please place a vote.
Fixed. I one hundro know how to read a VC.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:38 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1781, chkflip wrote:Oh, I'm sorry, maybe I wasn't clear.

I'm 100% not reading 70 pages.

Where we landing, boys?
Are you planning on doing any reading?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:50 am

Post by chkflip »

As the game continues, yes.

But right now, with <a week to go, I'm not having a single motherfucker go "yeah nah I'm gonna wait for chk to read 70 pages and lurk until he has an opinion." Fuck that noise. I'll develop reads as we go and look back as necessary.

For example, Blair gets points for just answering the question as does Gamma for prompting this query first. Kmd and you do not. I like where AGar's heads at at the top of the page, but Kmd's, uh, D isn't anything I wouldn't expect a townsperson to say per se.

That's more or less two marks against Kmd this page and I haven't even attempted at the ISO button.

See how easy this can be?

I'll also formulate hip-fire reads on RECK and Tripod from their first post back since my replacing in.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:53 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I mean

you could just read the thread

start at like page 25 though
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:55 am

Post by chkflip »

I'm really not gonna do that, though, so it'd be best to just keep the trains a'goin.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:56 am

Post by chkflip »

Tripod is scummy for beating a dead horse.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:57 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1789, chkflip wrote:I like where AGar's heads at at the top of the page
How could his case possibly make sense if you haven't read to verify yourself?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:00 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1789, chkflip wrote:For example, Blair gets points for just answering the question as does Gamma for prompting this query first. Kmd and you do not.
Also, please explain why town is more likely to respond to your question, "where we landing boys"?
YOUR AD HERE

chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:02 am

Post by chkflip »

I didn't say I understood his case, I said I like where his head's at.

They aren't. My points system here, much like the insistence that I 100% need to read even 50 pages, is absolutely arbitrary. Shit'll get better as the pages continue, no?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:07 am

Post by chkflip »

I will at best meet you in the middle and promise some VCA soon, but

and apparently I can't stress this enough

I'm not reading 3,750 posts.

I'm not reading 2,500 posts.

It's not going to happen, son.

You can yeet me on the grounds of not wanting to dredge through thousands of posts if you'd like to, town's doing pretty well and I'm okay with that, OR

OR

you can just let me do my thing and use this week proactively to suss out what I can with what I've got.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:11 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1795, chkflip wrote:I didn't say I understood his case, I said I like where his head's at.

They aren't. My points system here, much like the insistence that I 100% need to read even 50 pages, is absolutely arbitrary. Shit'll get better as the pages continue, no?
How can you like where his head is at when you don't understand what is being said?

I'm not giving you a free pass since your slot is most associated with flipped scum. I did not ask you to read any set number of pages, but you're definitely not walking on this day just sheeping onto a convenient wagon.

Pedit - get to work then and stop trying to strawman about how you're being harassed to read thousands of posts.
YOUR AD HERE

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:24 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Chk, a glace at the vote count could have told you how anyone would have answered that question except reck and Starbuck. I guess it gets you involved though so it works in that sense.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:28 am

Post by iamausername »

chkflip, it's actually Blair who is the scum, but for whatever reason, we're not doing that today. instead we're doing this

VOTE: Kmd

which, to be fair, is a very reasonable compromise. i have a hard time believing that his switch from Puppy to me today was motivated by the things he claims it to have been.

if, as he says, his confidence in his Puppy case was weakened by (the only one i can find that fits the description he gave in ), i am not seeing any sign of that in his initial response to that post in .
seems a lot more likely that it was actually motivated by Hoopla's , which has big flashy colours and looks like it's probably persuasive and therefore makes a username wagon look more viable.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”