username
username
Goon
username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:32 am

Post by username »

In post 1323, chkflip wrote:I'm not sure we've had the pleasure. I like to make mountains out of molehill sometimes when I'm having a hard time sussing out a slot.
Yah, for some reason I thought we had played together before, but if we have, I couldn't find it. Though I know I've seen you around on the discussion forums. The reason I created this alt is because on my main, I have a habit of being extremely hostile and toxic, dragging the game into page after page of unhinged screaming. So to my mind, there's a really really high bar on what quantifies freaking out by me. :lol:
In post 1323, chkflip wrote:It's D1 so, honestly, I'm willing to give it the benefit out of the doubt today. Given what comes out of his mouth moving forward will obviously change that. Trust and believe everything that comes from the slot will be scrutinized, especially if they come out of the side of their face with what they got targetted with or cry roleblocked.
tbh that's a lot better than considering it "self-resolving."

Frankly this game has way too much dead weight, and the Lurkmass Rule suggests at least one timid scum among it. Pine's slot is probably going to end up replaced at this point, so there's no point in pressuring it right now. I do want more out of gobbledegook if he intends to play, I like what I've seen of Alchemist since I asked him to post reads, Pooky's gimmick irritates me but I can't do a hell of a lot about the fact that he chose the gimmick before getting his role PM, and even though I've gotten Lavender to interact, those interactions are not giving me the warm fuzzies. Four slots are right now dead weight (Pooky less so, but not by much) and while I don't expect the entire game to be posting non-stop, I can't get reads on what won't speak to me.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 400 character limit.
username
username
Goon
username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:34 am

Post by username »

In post 1325, username wrote:Four slots are right now dead weight (Pooky less so, but not by much)
by that I mean Pine, gobble, Lavender, Pooky, since Alchemist is presently taking my suggestion to prove his worth
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 400 character limit.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:27 am

Post by Iecerint »

In post 1243, Almost50 wrote:I mean, this is really
unfair
. You TR says she's worried about a 3P voting, so said 3P complies and revokes his vote. Now you accuse him of not wanting to scum hunt because he isn't voting? It looks like the definition of "damned if you do damned if you don't" to me.
If DGB tells you not to scumhunt, it's reasonable to find it weird when someone complies. Saying "but I'm 3p anyway" is only valid if you're actually an anti-town 3p.

I think you are smart enough to know this, so I think the main purpose of this post is to ingratiate Alch to you by appealing to your fantasy of his hurt feelings.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:22 am

Post by Iecerint »

I had a long post that got eaten, so I will do a shorter version.

Alch's reads make sense to me. Salient absences I notice are me and A50. I think he would still be a reasonable elimination today if need be in the same boring way that this is true of any 3p player. That said:

Unvote

Vote: A50

His posts either did not engage with the game (first half) or they focused on solving puzzles
other than
the alignment of players (second half). His meta suggests he is capable of working to solve the game as town, which means that this can't be explained away as playstyle. (He IS still obsessional about mechanics in other games, but it's germane to simplifying the game and narrowing alignment possibilities in those games -- here, the same behavior does not serve the same function.) Therefore, I think that scum alignment best accounts for his posting.

Examples of the above:
1. Refer to my previous iso for a summary of his first half of the game (i.e., period of superficial engagement).
2. Engagement around username->Alch around "fairness" is irrelevant to username's alignment and ignores that Alch is not town. (Or, if he had a belief that the behavior WAS related to username's alignment, he did not say as much)
3. Engagement around DD scumreading A50 similarly seems designed mainly to build alliance with DD, rather than to interrogate how DD scumreading A50 is related to DD's alignment.

Re: Lavender: Their behavior certainly seems affected and one-dimensional. I understand thinking it could be an alt as a result. They are less one-dimensional in the other Baker game, I think, where they were town. So I think they could be scum (cf., similar logic as for A50 above, with this accounting for the contrast). I think it was DD and A50 who said that they didn't notice a difference between this game and the other Baker game re: Lavender, so I kinda gave Lavender the benefit of the doubt. The emotional reaction to engaging with them also makes me (irrationally) stop pushing them (e.g., emphasizing that they are being persecuted [without stipulating directly that you are persecuting them, so as to preserve alliance], that they are trying their best, etc). I think that Lavender would be my 2nd choice.

Gobble could be scum but A50 voting them makes me want to lynch someone else tbf.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:08 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1328, Iecerint wrote:they focused on solving puzzles other than the alignment of players (second half).
Gee! I thought YOU accused me if "Town hunting" on that first half. I guess that didn't work and you are changing the narrative now?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:10 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1328, Iecerint wrote:His meta suggests he is capable of working to solve the game as town
When? On the first half of D1?? Does my meta NOT point you to the FACT I ALWAYS enter the game with fluffy posting and memes? You should be glad I'm not posting more GIFs and Music Videos.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:15 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1328, Iecerint wrote:2. Engagement around username->Alch around "fairness" is irrelevant to username's alignment and ignores that Alch is not town. (Or, if he had a belief that the behavior WAS related to username's alignment, he did not say as much)
3. Engagement around DD scumreading A50 similarly seems designed mainly to build alliance with DD, rather than to interrogate how DD scumreading A50 is related to DD's alignment.
OK, how do you read these two and why? I don't eliminate players I know could be strong Town assets on D1. I won't vote either of username/DD today is all I'm going to say. Make of this what you wish.

Lavender
Lavender
Goon
Lavender
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:21 am

Post by Lavender »

In post 1324, chkflip wrote:
In post 1295, Lavender wrote:DGB because of Pooky.
Ummm...I’m having trouble remembering anyone who spoke like town to me.
You have
zero
self-made townreads?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I didn't say that, I just couldn't remember player names at that time.
I looked through and I feel like A50 is townie to be honest.

Also, you didn't need to vote me for me to do things, just ask me questions by golly...
I've said it before this game and do I need to say it again?

Call me dead-weight go for it, at least I'm participating the best I can.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:51 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1331, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1328, Iecerint wrote:2. Engagement around username->Alch around "fairness" is irrelevant to username's alignment and ignores that Alch is not town. (Or, if he had a belief that the behavior WAS related to username's alignment, he did not say as much)
OK, how do you read these two and why? I don't eliminate players I know could be strong Town assets on D1. I won't vote either of username/DD today is all I'm going to say. Make of this what you wish.
You figured out we are both jesters? Way to ruin it my man.

Also, didn't expect to be around tonight but I am pretty sure I just got stood up.

So.......might be back later.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:59 am

Post by Iecerint »

In post 1331, Almost50 wrote:OK, how do you read these two [Alch/DD] and why? I don't eliminate players I know could be strong Town assets on D1. I won't vote either of username/DD today is all I'm going to say. Make of this what you wish.
I have stated clear opinions on both of these players in the thread itself. I have said that I think that Alchemist is 3rd party or scum and should be eliminated. This belief was reflected in my saying as much and voting for Alchemist. I think that DD's play is scummy, but multiple people have said that he has a scummy playstyle. I think I remember DD having some kind of acknowledging/gleeful post after I said as much. I have not independently read his play in other games to vet this idea, but am OK trusting the POV for now based on how pervasive the idea is.

Saying that you will not lynch someone
claimed not-town
due to their being a possible "strong Town asset" does not make sense. He will not be a Town asset this game because he is not Town.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by Iecerint »

In post 1329, Almost50 wrote:Gee! I thought YOU accused me if "Town hunting" on that first half. I guess that didn't work and you are changing the narrative now?
I have already discussed this with you. You and I both know that this statement from you is rhetorical and disingenuous.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:06 pm

Post by Iecerint »

In post 1330, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1328, Iecerint wrote:His meta suggests he is capable of working to solve the game as town
When? On the first half of D1?? Does my meta NOT point you to the FACT I ALWAYS enter the game with fluffy posting and memes? You should be glad I'm not posting more GIFs and Music Videos.
1. I read your posts in your previous game with Lavender. I noticed that you were in the thread when I read her iso when I thought she was scum early this game. We discussed this.
So...uh, to be honest, I didn't read the meta game I thought I did. I thought I remembered reading a game that had you and DD and Lavender in it, and that you seemed really obvTown in that game. Then I remember you making some comment in this thread about having been 3p in that game, and my double checking that you were town in the game I read (you were, so I reasoned you were talking about a 3rd game). But whatever game I read clearly wasn't the other Baker game with Lavender as I had thought. But, I read the game in question around the same time that I posted about your iso in this game.

2. It's perfectly possible to post GIFs in the service of solving the game. I am criticizing the function of your behavior rather than its form. I make this explicitly clear in parts of my post that you did not quote.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:08 pm

Post by Iecerint »

In post 1328, Iecerint wrote:Re: Lavender: Their behavior certainly seems affected and one-dimensional [...such as...] emphasizing that they are being persecuted [without stipulating directly that you are persecuting them, so as to preserve alliance], that they are trying their best, etc)
In post 1332, Lavender wrote:Call me dead-weight go for it, at least I'm participating the best I can.
E.G.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:29 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1334, Iecerint wrote:
In post 1331, Almost50 wrote:OK, how do you read these two [Alch/DD] and why? I don't eliminate players I know could be strong Town assets on D1. I won't vote either of username/DD today is all I'm going to say. Make of this what you wish.
I have stated clear opinions on both of these players in the thread itself. I have said that I think that Alchemist is 3rd party or scum and should be eliminated. This belief was reflected in my saying as much and voting for Alchemist. I think that DD's play is scummy, but multiple people have said that he has a scummy playstyle. I think I remember DD having some kind of acknowledging/gleeful post after I said as much. I have not independently read his play in other games to vet this idea, but am OK trusting the POV for now based on how pervasive the idea is.

Saying that you will not lynch someone
claimed not-town
due to their being a possible "strong Town asset" does not make sense. He will not be a Town asset this game because he is not Town.
Where the hell did you get I was asking you about the CLAIMED 3P?? I was asking about USERNAME.. the slot you said my engagement had nothing to do with their alignment.

And your read on DD is "I dunno, but I will make it look like a convoluted big I DON'T KNOW with as many words as possible"??

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:35 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1336, Iecerint wrote:2. It's perfectly possible to post GIFs in the service of solving the game. I am criticizing the function of your behavior rather than its form. I make this explicitly clear in parts of my post that you did not quote.
My GIFs and music videos almost never have anything to do with the game itself. They're just instantaneous direct responses to phrases I deliberately take out of context to make fun. In short, they're like little farts that actually disrupt the flow of the game, but I don't care as they're just "little" farts.

Like this:

Spoiler:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:41 pm

Post by Almost50 »

I think you need to wake up and smell the real world we live in. Or maybe I should fight fire with fire?

But I am too busy rn trying to discern if the Turkey is doing this on purpose or if he needs to get.. erm.. "something that I'm not supposed to talk about according to the rules, but it means switching something/someone with something/someone else"

Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:49 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Look, I think A50 may be scum, but most of what I have seen from him is part for the course A50.

Many people need to learn a player's 'vibe' before they scum read things about that player that are solidly NAI.
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Logicalicaltist
Logicalicaltist
Goon
Logicalicaltist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:26 pm

Post by Logicalicaltist »

In post 1341, Doctor Drew wrote:Look, I think A50 may be scum, but most of what I have seen from him is part for the course A50.

Many people need to learn a player's 'vibe' before they scum read things about that player that are solidly NAI.
I agree with this post.
Some Playstyle’s are scummy but it doesn’t mean they are scum.
Some Playstyle’s are towny but it doesn’t mean they are Town.
It’s all non alignment indicative.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:40 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1342, Logicalicaltist wrote:
In post 1341, Doctor Drew wrote:Look, I think A50 may be scum, but most of what I have seen from him is part for the course A50.

I agree with this post.
Some Playstyle’s are scummy but it doesn’t mean they are scum.
Some Playstyle’s are towny but it doesn’t mean they are Town.
It’s all non alignment indicative.
How very...

*Ahem*

Logical of you.
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:45 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

yeah I think A50 is town this game, he definitely has the town vibe

my vote's on gobble due to the extreme lurkiness
time will end
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:27 pm

Post by pisskop »

checking in
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:07 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

I'll be honest I just filed my taxes, paid all my bills, and shopped today so I'm tired. No real content today besides my vote I think and this message. Will do more tommorow.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:08 pm

Post by pisskop »

Ill be honest i just paid a violation.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:41 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1346, Elsa Jay wrote:I'll be honest I just filed my taxes, paid all my bills, and shopped today so I'm tired. No real content today besides my vote I think and this message. Will do more tommorow.
In post 1347, pisskop wrote:Ill be honest i just paid a violation.
I'll be honest I didn't receive money from either of you (cash or otherwise), nor did I issue any receipts in your names.

Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:23 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

In other news I'm on the other wagon because I'm not wasting my vote on Alch. Also rather exe Almost day 2 after he atleast makes something interesting happen.

I wanna see how he lies about what he did as scum since I haven't seen his scumplay yet. He keeps getting town with me.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”