Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:42 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1355, NorwegianboyEE wrote:FOS on Fenraiser wagon. There was no reason to have that slot lynched so early, it was also hammered without even letting them speak for themselves or claim.
Nice catchup by A50, i feel a lot better about that slot now.
In post 1356, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1334, gobbledygook wrote:
Fenraiser
(6) - fwogcarf,
Titus
, SirCakez,
Black Ranger
, LuckyLuciano, Dr Easy Bake [L-0]
It was probably easier for scum to jump on when Titus gave a tacit seal of approval with their vote.
My main guesses for scum on this wagon right now will be between Cakez, LL and DEB.
Another point in Norwee's favour. He is shading DEB (along with 2 others) here. Why do that to someone who is likely to just slip under everyone's radar for long bc that's how he generally plays all the time?

Btw, DEB is a sheep when he is Scum. (Here's a good defence point for you LL, since DEB was sheeping me on D3) :P

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:45 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1630, Dr Easy Bake wrote:Eh, I’m not liking Luciano’s attitude. Salty because they can’t get their win as easily since everyone is falling off. 100% with Daddy on this one.
VOTE: Luciano
Although this doesn't look like something DEB would do to a partner. I need to check at how likely was a Luciano wagon to take off at the time, but AFAIR I think manatee was looking like it was finalized and DEB just hammered.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:47 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1358, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1346, Almost50 wrote:Nor is playing care-free, which I think is town indicative of him. I'd take this with a frain of salt though as he is good as scum too.
What are you basing this read on?
In post 1364, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1359, Almost50 wrote:I don't remember where exactly I go this,
Yeah, you’ve never played against scum!me. So idk either.
Why does scum!Nor go down this route at all?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:55 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1446, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1445, fwogcarf wrote:Nahdia's slot is still scum, adding onto the lack of content dr easy bake has provided
Scum-scum or SK-scum?
Weird question from a buddy who know DEB is his p AND wants to vote off the SK as a priority.

More to it: I would imagine Norwee would have gone something like "DEB could be scum, but if he is then it's likely MAfia and not SK, and I want to eliminate the SK". Problem solved.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:59 am

Post by Almost50 »

OK.. enough of that. Now you -Titus- try to convince me Norwee is the last mafia (or that LL can't be it). One of the two will suffice, but both would be even better (although I know you probably don't have the time/energy)

LuckyLuciano
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:16 am

Post by LuckyLuciano »

In post 1882, Titus wrote:I still want confirmation from him, not a vague implication. We can all think a slot is one alignment but it turns out to be another.
I was the original CantLynchAPuppy slot. I replaced out when I got sick and replaced back in when I got better.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:24 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1905, LuckyLuciano wrote:
In post 1882, Titus wrote:I still want confirmation from him, not a vague implication. We can all think a slot is one alignment but it turns out to be another.
I was the original CantLynchAPuppy slot. I replaced out when I got sick and replaced back in when I got better.
So why did you try to paint it as a: "why would i replace into a slot if my supposed scum buddy got eliminated D1" situation if your reason for replacing out and back in was unrelated to the game?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:24 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1906, NorwegianboyEE wrote:"why would i replace into a scum slot"
EBWOP
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
LuckyLuciano
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:48 am

Post by LuckyLuciano »

Because I still
chose
to replace back in.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:50 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

If that's your strongest argument for town!you then wow.

So the fact that you haven't replaced out again when Jackson shot DEB is proof you can't be mafia too?

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:52 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Are you actually going to address the points A50 are bringing up on you?

- Bunno
LuckyLuciano
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:53 am

Post by LuckyLuciano »

It's not, but I'm sick atm and it's all I can be assed to give at the moment.

Why does scum!me hard stall the Wake wagon, drawing attention to myself, when it's the IC that is fast pushing the elimination? Wouldn't it be better to take the time during the night for build stronger fake reads and get a better feel for the gamestate?

Pedit: I haven't even read A50's points. Again, sick.
LuckyLuciano
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:54 am

Post by LuckyLuciano »

Are you upset with the fact that it's pretty obvious I'm town b/c I wouldn't replace back into a slot I know is mafia knowing that a mafia member died D1 and that we were facing either a vig or an SK in addition to having to avoid day eliminations? You sound upset with that.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:55 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

No, i think it's a laughable argument so i'm ridiculing it.

- Bunno
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:45 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1908, LuckyLuciano wrote:Because I still
chose
to replace back in.
Let's talk this out with sense: I personally do NOT replace out even if it looks like my team is going down. That is called RESPECT. Respect to the mod, to your fellow players (all of them) and to yourself. After all it's only a game.

Now you established that you replaced out for IRL reasons, which is very much acceptable. That -also- means you would NOT have replaced out if you didn't get sick. Correct? You wanted to PLAY the game (whether you win or lose is irrelevant because alignments are randomized and there's always one side that wins and one that loses). You saw the slot was available again and you were getting better IRL so you wanted back into the game you had originally intended to play.

That's NOT AI. That is RESPECTABLE.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:49 am

Post by Almost50 »

@LL: By your logic, neither I nor Norwee could be scum either. We both replaced into slots that were occupied by known lurkers, and thus were at a disadvantage regardless of alignments.

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:41 pm

Post by Titus »

This argument is why the new rule about taking over your old slot exists. I am treating it as NAI.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:43 pm

Post by Titus »

On a moral level, I do find your actions respectful as well.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:47 pm

Post by Titus »

I don't have a constructive opinion and won't until tomorrow. Sorry guys.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:07 pm

Post by Titus »

Hopefully in night phase I can get enough data to reset.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

LuckyLuciano
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:30 pm

Post by LuckyLuciano »

Do I have to prodge during twilight?

Anyway, I'm feeling mostly better now. If the thread isn't locked in the next few hours I'll retrace my Wake!Doctor logic and my hinting at it from throughout the game for people.
LuckyLuciano
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:23 am

Post by LuckyLuciano »

Wake Being Doc

D2

Spoiler:
- Here I decided that Wake might be doc. That's the strong case for his play that I was talking about. I felt that it makes a lot of sense for doc in a setup that has a D1 IC to avoid playing the game and just prodge. I assumed that if Wake legitimately didn't have time to play he would have allowed himself to be replaced out instead of just throwing in timely prodges. The way it worked out in my head was that he avoids the mafia NK / RB / JK etc and gets to continue protecting Titus. As long as he is a low-value target for mafia, Titus lives. If he ever gets wagoned he gets out of it by claiming. He would die that night, but at least Titus' stay would had been extended. I further believed this to be the case because of there not being a doc CC D1 when people thought Bob was crumbing Doc. I figured that series of events makes sense if Wake is doc because he wouldn't have been paying enough attention to CC.

I admit that power role hunting is one of the weakest parts of my game, that's why I hedged my read with "I'm pretty against lynching Wake
today
" and "If people still pursue a Wake lynch, I'd rather take the wagon to a full claim before explaining my angle, as explaining it beforehand gives him an out." I was always down to take Wake's wagon to a full claim D3. I figured that scenario was the best middle ground between prolonging the doc's life, and therefore Titus', if I was correct about Wake, and allowing Wake to be revisited before its too late if I'm wrong.

- I indicated that I believed Wake had a power role, "I still much prefer letting Wake live for one more night."

- I realize that on this site "I'm not being lynched today" is interpreted as a power role soft, so I figured I could indicate that I thought Wake was a power role with "we're not lynching Wake today".

- Still hard defending Wake, explicitly stating pushing him is bad for the town, because fmpov if he's outed as Doc, Titus dies.

- "The reasoning on Wake can come tomorrow." Still committed to the idea that we get a claim from Wake D3 in case I'm wrong, because admittedly I've never been good at spotting power roles. Still, even in retrospect I think that it makes sense that if there was a doc, it'd have been Wake, and cost-benefit analysis makes me feel like it wasn't that bad of a play to defend him. I know that with more information now it looks like a misplay, but w/e.

- "- I believe that Titus is supposed to live far longer than she thinks she is, and that a large part of town power in this setup is placed into having a confirmed townie as a semi-invincible town leader." The logic here is that with a doc + a nurse Titus reliably survives at least until D3/D4.

D3

Spoiler:
- "You, sir, have a doctorate in scumhunting." This was directed at A50, implying that I thought he was doc.

- I had already hinted many times why I was defending the Wake slot. It's pretty obvious once I dig up all the hints that if I'm mafia I'd have killed Wake already, so that's why I say that if A50 is town, I must be town, because if he's doc and I'm not town he's already dead.

- The PoE was a PoE of who could possibly be doc based on the lack of a CC D1 cross-referenced with who (A) was still alive and (B) was active after people said Bob was doc. "PhD level analysis" is another soft that I thought Wake was doc.

- Being massively wrong about the Wake slot means being wrong about him being doc.

- "Other reasons" being that I thought he was doc.

- We're deep enough into D3 at this point and I'm not convinced enough behaviorally by A50 that I'm considering my fallback plan of having the Wake slot claim D3 to mitigate damage if I'm wrong.

- I was asking Titus if she picked up on my hints that I thought Wake was doc, particularly and , which I thought were particularly obvious.

- Because doc gets RB'd, and Titus dies.

- See: This entire post.

- Still going with the plan of explaining my read D3 so that we can properly resolve the Wake slot. If I'm correct, we pretty much win by PoE. If I'm incorrect, we fix things before the damage is too bad.

- Because I didn't want mafia to be able to CC the real doc if I was wrong.

- Because he claimed VT, meaning I was wrong to give his slot a free pass on the basis of him being doc.
LuckyLuciano
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:52 am

Post by LuckyLuciano »

Probably worth noting since the Fwog slot was SK, we're back to either mafia double bussed Drew super hard (Norwegian), or the final mafia was off-wagon (Wake/A50).
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:56 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1922, LuckyLuciano wrote:Probably worth noting since the Fwog slot was SK, we're back to either mafia double bussed Drew super hard (Norwegian), or the final mafia was off-wagon (Wake/A50).
So what’s your view there?

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:57 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I think if scum!A50 he’d probably kill Titus tonight. But if scum!LL then A50 dies tonight.

- Bunno

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”