Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2175 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:34 am

Post by VP Baltar »

So given your knowledge of that, feel like you have gained any insights by watching the kills flip?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2176 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:41 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

no? because they've all been selected by vi

the fact that ABR and Porkens died makes me think the kills aren't random, because they look like the kills scum should have made all along. if vi is making kills on her own so that she can keep the game balanced, her first kills would have looked like scum kills IMO. but it's possible scum really tried to kill VPB or starbuck instead. ABR -> Porkens is too perfect to have been done by dice rolls IMO (this is when I decided my breadcrumb was wrong). IIAU looks like a pure Vi kill, I don't think scum targets someone in the POE, but FMPOV it doesn't matter since i know all the kills are Vi's selection

like, just so we're all clear, no one counterclaims a revelation with the second mechanic, right? everybody saw Vi confess that actions can target her, right?
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2177 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:46 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

it's odd that ABR would be the NK on night 1 and Porkens would be the NK on night 2 if the kills weren't dictated by the mafia

:thinking:

I'm really not sure what to think of this revelation. CLAP insisted that our trackers out themselves and all of their info first which all seems a little too convenient given that the revelation is hardly a slam dunk to be true. also, did CLAP ever claim a role?

PEdit: lol
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2178 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:50 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 2176, CantHateAPuppy wrote:everybody saw Vi confess that actions can target her, right?
I saw that, but:

In post 0, Vi wrote:
Everyone dies. That's not the worst part. Everyone grows old. In fact, things that aren't people grow old too. Legacies, for instance, disappear into history with little trace. But that usually happens while the person involved is still alive... which is why sometimes people fight back against time, and seek to achieve again.

Most of us are products of a time that has bleached beyond recovery - yet we have returned for another round, seeking what once was. The usual experience of people who try to do this is failure, frankly - because time has moved on and innovations have been made in the meanwhile. We, too, have changed.

The feats that etched us in history will not sustain us in this time, but will be excellent starting points. We must adapt to the world as it is now, where the rules are different, and redefine our legacies anew. So many years after our last victories and ready for more in a new environment, it is time for a Mafia game of Revelations.

For the first time in six years - cue mood music.

Tonight, We Are Young:

1) AGar
4) Blair
5) CantLynchAPuppy
7) Green Crayons
8) Hoopla
10) Kmd4390
11) Gammagooey
(replacing Llamarble N1)

14) Starbuck
15) Untrod Tripod
16) VP Baltar
17) xRECKONERx

SHOT THROUGH THE HEART! and you're to blame:

3) Auro ---
Mafia Tracker
--- Sacrificed to Nollij Day 1!!!
2) Albert B. Rampage ---
Vanilla Townie
--- Rested in Rage Night 1.
6) farside22 ---
Mafia Goon
--- Sequentially Devoured by Snake Day 2!
13) Porkens ---
Vanilla Townie
--- Gave a Last Squeal Night 2.
12) chkflip
(replacing Morning Tweet D3)
---
Vanilla Townie
--- Given the Rotisserie Treatment Day 3.
9) iamausername ---
Vanilla Townie
--- theywerekilledhorribly Night 3.

Important Links:

Vi is not named in the player list.

I can only target players.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2179 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:51 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

this is why i wanted agar to claim his N2 track: If TARGET VISITS X, and Agar says "X wasn't the kill," Agar would assume that TARGET was not scum making the kill. but if u know what i know TARGET could still be scum. so i compromised and asked just for who the visit was directed at, if it was starbuck or VPB i'd consider that highly sus

more broadly, trackers should claim before i did because my claim changes the meaning of all track claims. if you had been in my position, you'de have seen the same thing
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2180 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:57 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1, Vi wrote:1) A Revelation. Some players begin the game with additional information about the game setup. All but one of these players are Town-aligned.
we know scum gets a revelation. Vi sometimes changing their target seems like a revelation scum would get.
CantLynchAPuppy wrote:more broadly, trackers should claim before i did because my claim changes the meaning of all track claims. if you had been in my position, you'de have seen the same thing
how does it change the meaning of their claims?

the only instance I can think of where I'd insist on all the town power roles outing themselves is if I was scum. if I knew Vi is the one making the kill, then I would say "I have a revelation that sometimes the scum kill is blocked and the mod slot makes a semi-random kill". no need to out all the town power for that.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2181 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:59 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I could also, from a design standpoint, see there being an x-shot mafia role in a game based around having trackers that fakes a shot for tracker purposes and then has the mafia assign the mod slot to make a kill. just spitballing.

I guess what I'm saying is that CLAP's actions around the revelation are highly sus and it's not like they were a shining beacon of towniness otherwise.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2182 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:03 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2179, CantHateAPuppy wrote:more broadly, trackers should claim before i did because my claim changes the meaning of all track claims.
Wouldn't you claiming first and keeping trackers under wraps equally inform them that their information might be suspect or unreliable?

I get what you're saying about trying to catch someone out targeting an early game NK choice, but seems like an imbalance in the information trade
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2183 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:04 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

what town power? tracker results are screwed up because scum making the kill are blocked, and would therefore look to trackers as innocent results. the game is effectively vanilla

i didn't force all those trackers to claim either, so don't suggest that i pulled all these strings here only to reveal that it was all for nothing

pedit: the great puppy scum plan in 4 steps:

1) tracker claims puppy has never gone anywhere and hasn't made any kills
2) "woah, woah, woah, guys, we need all claims now because i have INFORMATION"
3) *nobody claims any guilty tracker results* Phew! got really lucky!
4) "actually your results clearing me are TOTALLY WORTHLESS, hehheheheheheh"

i guess Vi put 5 trackers in the game because this is a totally normal game with nothing unusual going on at all
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2184 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:05 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 2182, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2179, CantHateAPuppy wrote:more broadly, trackers should claim before i did because my claim changes the meaning of all track claims.
Wouldn't you claiming first and keeping trackers under wraps equally inform them that their information might be suspect or unreliable?

I get what you're saying about trying to catch someone out targeting an early game NK choice, but seems like an imbalance in the information trade
it's almost as if the goal wasn't to provide information to the town to help us win the game :o
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2185 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:07 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 2182, VP Baltar wrote:

yes. my information is more important, so i claim after everyone else. if i had claimed first, if scum was faking a tracker claim right now, they could change their claim easily to not give anything away. (this would have been clearer if anyone had claimed to have seen any visits, but it looks like we've just got trackers)
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2186 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:13 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

like, you're just being silly. if i was scum i wouldn't share this revelation at all, i'd just let you track me to someone who wasn't the actual nightkill and claim some role that "proves" i couldn't be scum. the whole point of the setup is that there are too many trackers but a lot of their results are secretly useless, why would i out that to the town in exchange for track results i would know to be useless?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2187 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:14 am

Post by Blair »

Hypothesis: Scum's revelation is that the town only has trackers.

Might explain why scum kept claiming VT. (Fake claiming any night actions in a game with a boat load of trackers is risky, and Auro was a real Tracker but didn't want to claim his role Day 1 because we didn't know about all the trackers yet and the first person to counterclaim him would have hammered him).
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2188 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:15 am

Post by AGar »

This information was not worth literally any of your behavior since the kmd claim.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2189 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:15 am

Post by Gammagooey »

VP Baltar wrote: Gamma, why did you claim before kmd? Seems like making kmd go first would have been the right choice today. I assume you were trying to get ahead of an IAAU kill.
I saw IAAU had died and if I had tracked one of the other trackers to a kill (except maybe AGar but then I wouldn't have tracked him anyway) and they dicked around instead of claiming that they tracked the person who was killed I would want them very dead - I guess it gives Kmd a free claim but he already had multiple VT targets he could have faked too, maybe I should have claimed it and asked Kmd to claim before at least one of the other trackers but I suspected he tracked even if he was mafia - with Puppy's info I guess that's not as likely now.

Also friends

If there's wacky mod bullshit happening, this seems at least worth a try:
VOTE: Vi
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2190 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:18 am

Post by Starbuck »

At least see if she shows herself on the vote count.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2191 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:21 am

Post by Blair »

VOTE: Vi

If this is the one game where we get to cancel the mod, there is a 0% I'm catching myself off that wagon.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2192 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:26 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 2186, CantHateAPuppy wrote:like, you're just being silly. if i was scum i wouldn't share this revelation at all, i'd just let you track me to someone who wasn't the actual nightkill and claim some role that "proves" i couldn't be scum. the whole point of the setup is that there are too many trackers but a lot of their results are secretly useless, why would i out that to the town in exchange for track results i would know to be useless?
I believe the revelation itself, but is there a reason you weren't worried that you'd just die last night? Like it'd be frankly mean of the mod to do it but if Vi thought you had hinted enough of the mechanic that we'd at least know to not 100% trust the tracker results and that mod bullshit might be involved I don't see a strong reason why Vi would rule out killing you, especially if that's who the mafia wanted dead.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2193 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:31 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

i wasn't worried about it because i decided Vi wasn't making random kills and would want me to make my full claim
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2194 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:31 am

Post by Blair »

Something else we could all apply our collective brain power to: At the end of each Day Phase, there is a six-hour gap between when Vi locks the thread and when Vi posts the mod scene.

Day one I assumed Vi was just busy at the time of hammer or something but it's almost like clockwork. Could there be some sort of Twilight role that has to submit an action before the mod scene is posted?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2195 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:39 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

If we VOTE: Vi then I think the randomness stops which is kind of bad for us maybe? But also good for us.

Also those tracker results are all highly suspect.
green shirt thursdays
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2196 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:42 am

Post by Blair »

@Puppy
- Does your revelation say that
Vi
blocks the Mafia's submitted kill or that it just
is
blocked (passively)? In other words, based on the wording of your revelation, do you believe the submitted kills would still be blocked if we eliminated Vi? :lol:
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2197 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:44 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 2194, Blair wrote:Something else we could all apply our collective brain power to: At the end of each Day Phase, there is a six-hour gap between when Vi locks the thread and when Vi posts the mod scene.

Day one I assumed Vi was just busy at the time of hammer or something but it's almost like clockwork. Could there be some sort of Twilight role that has to submit an action before the mod scene is posted?
Vi would be lying to us:
In post 1, Vi wrote:
Twilight:

There is nothing special about Twilight in this game. MLP is over and the puns about it should go with.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2198 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:44 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I might be reading too much into "nothing special," but a PR that activates only during twilight seems abnormal enough to be special.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2199 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:46 am

Post by Blair »

Could be a reporter or something? (What is "Mod picture box set to:" and why does it only appear at the end of day phases but not at the end of night phases?)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”