Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:55 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 1429, Eevee wrote:i think Menalque arguing that both scum may even be bussing is very scum-indicative for him and feels like an agenda he needs to push as scum for a chance to win this game

~Eve
Amazing that this is scum!indicative for me when I said it actively knowing it was more likely to get me killed today and I think you should know that I’m intelligent enough to know that’s the case
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i'm actually curious of what you think the tell is now but i'll have to learn later

i dunno, i keep saying that i want more than a vca because it feels like a method that doesn't (or, in this game i guess hasn't?) taken into account anything beyond the when and where of vote placement. i get it's a vital thing to use but when people put their entire faith into it, it feels like there's not much that i can do to get them to look at everything else regarding the game.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:59 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

maybe that's more of a playstyle thing though at the end of the day. or i am just a baby still when it comes to those sort of methods of finding scum.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:14 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 1451, Ydrasse wrote:i'm actually curious of what you think the tell is now but i'll have to learn later
I mean if you flip scum I’m definitely not telling you :lol:

If you flip town then I’m seeing if it’s broadly reliable for you over a few more games or not, and if it keeps being inconsistent (instead of this being a false positive) then I’ll tell you
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:16 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

I feel like there's an argument to be made that this^ is against the rule about harming your performance in the current game to gain an advantage in future games... (there is such a rule, right?)

Though this is neither the time nor the place to discuss that. It just annoys me because it encourages a culture of secrecy and competitiveness, like, beyond the scope of the game itself.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:18 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 1451, Ydrasse wrote:but when people put their entire faith into it, it feels like there's not much that i can do to get them to look at everything else regarding the game.
That’s kind of the point, and it’s why I think your reaction is scum!indicative here

VCA is annoying as scum because if it’s not extrapolated on it just gives people a guilty on you and if they won’t explain you can’t argue with that, so you’re just screwed more or less. I think that town!yiu would be more focussed on trying to identify scum even with a bad VCA on you to help in the case of a mis-guillo on you base on it

Or would just be like “well okay but ur VCA is wrong doe titus” whereas you seem very concerned about that an with being scumread generally, despite i think having not been /that/ at risk of it today given that eevee is probably the biggest town leader atm and wants to stay on the snow wagon. I can’t be because of my defense of mae yesterday, and titus is absent so she’s not leading
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:20 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 1454, Something_Smart wrote:I feel like there's an argument to be made that this^ is against the rule about harming your performance in the current game to gain an advantage in future games... (there is such a rule, right?)

Though this is neither the time nor the place to discuss that. It just annoys me because it encourages a culture of secrecy and competitiveness, like, beyond the scope of the game itself.
I don’t think not outing a tell on another player to allow you to reliably discern their alignment in the future is like a trust tell at all really and I think the idea of “you should always out your tells” is flawed

At most I’m hurting myself very minutely here through not outing, but I doubt me outing it changed whether I get guillotined today or ydrasse does
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:25 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 1453, Menalque wrote:
In post 1451, Ydrasse wrote:i'm actually curious of what you think the tell is now but i'll have to learn later
I mean if you flip scum I’m definitely not telling you :lol:

If you flip town then I’m seeing if it’s broadly reliable for you over a few more games or not, and if it keeps being inconsistent (instead of this being a false positive) then I’ll tell you
i will simply never roll scum.

and regarding the vca stuff, honestly i'd be indignant as either alignment but it's worse this game because like... IF you are town and get mis-elimmed here, i am going to get rolled next for reasons that are objectively wrong and rigid. it just feels like there's nothing i can do either way except try to push where i think scum is and if i'm wrong, well, that effort is wasted despite my alignment because i voted at the wrong time or something.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:28 pm

Post by Menalque »

You might not if you kill titus and manage to keep pocketing eevee tbf
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:28 pm

In post 1456, Menalque wrote:I don’t think not outing a tell on another player to allow you to reliably discern their alignment in the future is like a trust tell at all really and I think the idea of “you should always out your tells” is flawed

At most I’m hurting myself very minutely here through not outing, but I doubt me outing it changed whether I get guillotined today or ydrasse does
Well yeah, you are only harming yourself if it actually benefits you to out it which would basically be if anyone wanted you to out it and thought they could evaluate either you or Ydrasse better as a result.

If it's a meta tell, I, having no meta with Ydrasse, have no interest in it, since I have no way to judge its validity. But I suppose others might.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:30 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i thought i was supposed to be pocketing you too. i only have so much room here to hold all of you

@s_s: what's your reads list looking like?
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:34 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 1459, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1456, Menalque wrote:I don’t think not outing a tell on another player to allow you to reliably discern their alignment in the future is like a trust tell at all really and I think the idea of “you should always out your tells” is flawed

Well yeah, you are only harming yourself if it actually benefits you to out it which would basically be if anyone wanted you to out it and thought they could evaluate either you or Ydrasse better as a result.

If it's a meta tell, I, having no meta with Ydrasse, have no interest in it, since I have no way to judge its validity. But I suppose others might.
Right only if I’m right then so long as people listen to me and titus’ VCA it doesn’t matter if I keep the advantage for the future by not telling her what it is, because she still gets flipped tomorrow and town wins

Or if it’s right and we do guillo ydrasse today, then I also don’t need to out it because that’s happened anyway
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:34 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 1460, Ydrasse wrote:i thought i was supposed to be pocketing you too. i only have so much room here to hold all of you
Let it be said, I really do like you regardless of your alignment:)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:35 pm

In post 1461, Menalque wrote:Right only if I’m right then so long as people listen to me and titus’ VCA it doesn’t matter if I keep the advantage for the future by not telling her what it is, because she still gets flipped tomorrow and town wins
Understood.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:45 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 1462, Menalque wrote:
In post 1460, Ydrasse wrote:i thought i was supposed to be pocketing you too. i only have so much room here to hold all of you
Let it be said, I really do like you regardless of your alignment:)
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:47 pm

Post by Menalque »

Okay but for real to everyone else, can we shuffle this game along so I can know if I still gotta care tomorrow or if I can just idly browse from dead thread and be vaguely annoyed with eve
Eevee
Eevee
Goon
Eevee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:54 pm

Post by Eevee »

~Eve
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:54 pm

Post by northsidegal »

Votecount 2.9
Menalque
(5):
Montosh (), RCEnigma (), Eevee (), Fredrick A Campbell (), Ydrasse ()
Ydrasse
(3):
Almost50 (), Titus (), Menalque ()
Something_Smart
(1):
Raya36 ()
Montosh
(1):
Umlaut ()

Not Voting
(2):
Something_Smart, Snowblaze

With 12 alive, it’s 7 to lynch. The Day 2 deadline is in (expired on 2020-07-30 18:57:59).
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by Menalque »

Yo, S_S, raya, umlaut, snow
Pick a goddamn wagon let’s get this show on the road
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:59 pm

Meh. I've got nothing on either one of you.

How confident are you in Ydrasse?
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by Umlaut »

I've
tried
and everyone hates every wagon I pick
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:02 pm

Post by Menalque »

I mean I know that if I’m wrong then Eve is probably gonna deathtunnel me tomorrow so fmpov it’s win the game now or watch town probably lose in gylo

So pretty confident but I’d be lying if I said like 100% would blow your mind

I considered trying to swing eevee with a “listen final offer: vote ydrasse and if I’m wrong I’ll self vote tomorrow and spend the whole day prodging” but my heart wasn’t really in it because I’m not that sold she’s scum, she’s just my best bet. If she’s not I think it’s you or raya honestly
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:03 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 1470, Umlaut wrote:I've
tried
and everyone hates every wagon I pick
Well the options are currently me or ydrasse unless you wanna start another hero scum wagon but I don’t fancy your chances as today eevee is tunnelling me and not teh scums
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:05 pm

VOTE: Ydrasse
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:05 pm

Post by Umlaut »

I'll reread you and Ydrasse tomorrow, I pinky promise.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs

Return to “Completed Open Games”