Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2800 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:10 pm

Post by Nahdia »

we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2801 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:10 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I had a great time even though abusing the setup is never my strong point as scum! It's just not how I think.

I was super disappointed I got a scum PM because I was fresh off a tough scum loss. After farside got iced by the 50/50, I pretty much figured we were donezo. It didn't help the past 60 days has been hellish work.

It's actually too bad Auto got yeeted D1 instead of me. I think he would have done leveraging the setup.

Vi is the real star of the game. Super creative setup and the mass claim was a hilarious round of wtf. I enjoyed that part the most even though it seemed like a disaster for us!
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #2802 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:13 pm

Post by Hoopla »

WHAT?

starbuck didn't even have a true 50/50? did you misread your role PM? or were you gambiting? that could have ended badly if both farside/porkens were town.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #2803 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:14 pm

Post by Hoopla »

setup was unique and had some great moments of madness. i enjoyed it, despite not really expecting something so abstract.

well played to the scum, especially vpbaltar!

i suspect things would have gone down to the wire had gamma not caught you!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2804 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:17 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 548, Albert B. Rampage wrote:your previous vote for Auro was warranted too

Who do you guys prefer to lynch between Auro and VP?
I not only figured out 2 scum by page 22, I simultaneously got them both to L-1 competing against each other and blocked out town mislynch wagons like Starbuck.

I also jedi mind tricked scum to think I wasn't a threat and so they didn't choose to NK me.

I was so damn good that town were speculating that I had secret information.

I will go down as one of the greatest players to have ever played this game!
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2805 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:18 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2803, Hoopla wrote:i suspect things would have gone down to the wire had gamma not caught you!
Maybe. I figured my time was numbered though. So many of you were very obvtown. If the unpredictable kills didn't go my way, I was toast
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2806 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:19 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2804, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 548, Albert B. Rampage wrote:your previous vote for Auro was warranted too

Who do you guys prefer to lynch between Auro and VP?
I not only figured out 2 scum by page 22, I simultaneously got them both to L-1 competing against each other and blocked out town mislynch wagons like Starbuck.

I also jedi mind tricked scum to think I wasn't a threat and so they didn't choose to NK me.

I was so damn good that town were speculating that I had secret information.

I will go down as one of the greatest players to have ever played this game!
Lol was expecting this post.

Actually you running us both up was a huge benefit to me. Gave me the chance to hard bus and put on the cruise control the rest of the game.
YOUR AD HERE

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2807 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:20 pm

In post 607, Albert B. Rampage wrote:its ok reck ill hard carry
In post 609, xRECKONERx wrote:abr i dont think u have earned that ego tbh
Holy shit did you turn out to be DEAD WRONG.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2808 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:21 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 2798, Vi wrote:To those of you who enjoyed the game - at some point I may work myself up to another, and I'll let you know when it's coming.
Looking forward, Vi! Always a fan of unconventional mechanics, and I loved this game's setup :)

Goog game, all.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2809 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:22 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 2801, VP Baltar wrote:After farside got iced by the 50/50
This wasn't even really a 50/50 :P
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2810 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:23 pm

Post by Nahdia »

yeah the tl;dr of this game is that farside got done dirty.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2811 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:23 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2807, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
nah kid, you're still only 10% as good as you think you are :)
green shirt thursdays
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2812 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:23 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 2801, VP Baltar wrote: I was super disappointed I got a scum PM because I was fresh off a tough scum loss. After farside got iced by the 50/50, I pretty much figured we were donezo. It didn't help the past 60 days has been hellish work.

It's actually too bad Auto got yeeted D1 instead of me. I think he would have done leveraging the setup.

Vi is the real star of the game. Super creative setup and the mass claim was a hilarious round of wtf. I enjoyed that part the most even though it seemed like a disaster for us!
Yeah I really am genuinely sorry you got scum right after our last game :( PM me and I will actually send you a bottle shop gift basket or something, you played really well and I wish we could have actually been town together!

Sorry for being salty day 6 Vi, I just hated your new policy on this.
Vi wrote:Have I discovered a new and enticing predisposition for not answering any questions after the beginning of the game? Yes! Like, beyond what seems to be customary these days (i.e. "I will not answer any questions posed to me in public"), but just about any question short of "will this get me modkilled" after Day 1 begins.
I just wanted to hear that you weren't actively lying to me and possibly others in role PMs and the refusal to say literally anything (Something like "Roles/Mechanics/etc. may or may not interfere with your role or its results, but I didn't intend to lie to any player" would have been perfectly fine with me) really, really set me off.
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2813 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:24 pm

Post by DonCorleone »

In post 2804, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I will go down as one of the greatest players to have ever played this game!
In post 2798, Vi wrote:ABR sent me three pairs of potential scumpartners and all six of the people named were Town.
lol

Corleone out!

Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2814 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:24 pm

Post by Porkens »

I loved this game and I’ll always remember it <3
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2815 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:25 pm

In post 2806, VP Baltar wrote:Lol was expecting this post.

Actually you running us both up was a huge benefit to me. Gave me the chance to hard bus and put on the cruise control the rest of the game.
Dude, you guys got ROUTED. I pulled a no-mislynch scenario off for town Day 1 as a vanilla townie with no information at all. The odds of catching both scum by
page 22
on very precise, substantiated scum tells on you and auro that I explained and persuaded everyone to join me on, AND deciding to go for Auro first over you, was a stroke of genius.

My best play comes out during the day. I had solid townreads on half the player list, would've correctly went for farside day 2 even though I always try to give her rope early game, and.. what else can I say. Damn I'm that good I surprise even myself.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2816 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:27 pm

In post 2811, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 2807, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
nah kid, you're still only 10% as good as you think you are :)
I could not have played this game more perfectly than I did without fakeclaiming.

I was so good it looked to people like I either cheated, or I had mod confirmed information, which was debated about all the way until the last page of the game!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2817 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:29 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2815, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Dude, you guys got ROUTED. I pulled a no-mislynch scenario off for town Day 1 as a vanilla townie with no information at all. The odds of catching both scum by page 22 on very precise, substantiated scum tells on you and auro that I explained and persuaded everyone to join me on, AND deciding to go for Auro first over you, was a stroke of genius.
I mean or you benefited on town apathy. I made the Auro case for you.

You have good instincts though!
YOUR AD HERE

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2818 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:32 pm

The power of my playstyle is the fact that nobody here gives me credit for tunneling on not one, but TWO scum, from PAGE TWENTY TWO, in a large game, which is hard enough on its own, but to successfully get the entire player list on board with NOT ONE, BUT BOTH of the scum, means I am VASTLY, VASTLY underestimated by the scum (and delusional peeps like Reckoner) who continue to let me go on a massive rampage to win town games, almost without contest, is brilliant in and of itself.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2819 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:33 pm

Post by chkflip »

I hated this game but I'll still remember it.
<3
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #2820 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:35 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 2813, DonCorleone wrote:
In post 2804, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I will go down as one of the greatest players to have ever played this game!
In post 2798, Vi wrote:ABR sent me three pairs of potential scumpartners and all six of the people named were Town.
regression to the mean;)

i like abr's bombastic style - it's entertaining. but he can spare us the histrionics.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2821 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:37 pm

I caught VPB on page 12, I caught auro on page 14, and I had the town choose between one and the other by page 22. Hoopla, Llama and others helped me seal the deal in one of the fastest day 1s I've played in the last year.

The setup wasn't town-sided, we just outplayed by far. Reck did well at the end and the Gamma track was excellent.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2822 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:39 pm

In post 2820, Hoopla wrote:
In post 2813, DonCorleone wrote:
regression to the mean;)

i like abr's bombastic style - it's entertaining. but he can spare us the histrionics.
This was before I died, a flip would've certainly helped me figure the rest out. This is probably the best performance in mafia possible. The highest form of the art. VPB, Auro, Farside are no slouches, they're all good players.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2823 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by AGar »

I quite enjoyed the setup, Vi. Thanks for running. I enjoyed playing with most of the player list, was fun to spar with some old names.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2824 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

I thoroughly enjoyed this game. Very creative setup. It ultimately looks like a creative spin on nightless, to me, so I definitely think this is ultimately town-sided.

Starbuck might've misread her revelation on accidnet, but I can see town feeling the need to test it out even if she didn't misstate what it said.

Also, I was completely sold on VP being town. Nice work.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”