Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2000 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:54 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 1999, Gentleman 9 wrote:
In post 1995, Gentleman 3 wrote:Basically every single sentence in the post that you quoted is me giving my own opinion. I'm finding it difficult to match that with the idea that I was "describing what's going on".

Why should I like that pairing rather than dislike it? It was a pairing of someone who I townread and someone that I scumread. I would agree with you if they were both people that I scumread, but they aren't. What is it about my Lady 8 read that means that I should like that pairing?
hmm I didn't explain clearly I guess.

I quoted the post because I find it to be one of the few posts where you actively form an opinion.

Then I argue that your opinion doesn't match up with the facts.
Personally, when someone asks me to substantiate an accusation about their posts (a lack of content), I don't give as an example a post that specifically
doesn't
match up with the accusation. That's just me, though.
In particular, you weakly scumread L8. But G5 specifically said that he thinks he can sort L8. Therefore based on that context, there is no reason not to like that pairing.
I don't understand the logical connection between your first point and your second point. It's an utter non-sequitur to me. What is it about Gentleman 5 saying that he can sort Lady 8 that should mean that I would like that pairing?
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2001 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:59 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 1993, Gentleman 9 wrote:
In post 1990, Lady 3 wrote:Ankamius
RIP
o(╥﹏╥)o
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2002 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:59 am

Post by Gentleman 9 »

As town what's a reason you wouldn't like a pairing? That one is town and the other is scum, and that the town townreads the scumpair and doesn't leave in endgame. This is not such a scenario.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2003 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:00 am

Post by Lady 5 »

Let’s not talk about alyssa because honestly I’m still not okay
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2004 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:01 am

Post by Gentleman 9 »

In post 2000, Gentleman 3 wrote:Personally, when someone asks me to substantiate an accusation about their posts (a lack of content), I don't give as an example a post that specifically doesn't match up with the accusation. That's just me, though.
Personally, when someone asks me to substantiate an accusation about their posts (a lack of content), I give example of the only post that may be construed as containing content, and show that its largely invalid and matches up with the accusation. That's just me, though.
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2005 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:02 am

Post by Gentleman 9 »

In post 2003, Lady 5 wrote:Let’s not talk about alyssa because honestly I’m still not okay
hope u become ok
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2006 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:02 am

Post by Lady 1 »

Hey guy with the ugly long hair you wanna talk more about why I the most towny lady here am a wolf? If you would like to apologize I will show mercy before I judo flip you
Doesn't know how to dance
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2007 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:05 am

Post by Gentleman 9 »

In post 2006, Lady 1 wrote:Hey guy with the ugly long hair you wanna talk more about why I the most towny lady here am a wolf? If you would like to apologize I will show mercy before I judo flip you
i apologise you townie town lady
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2008 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:06 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 2002, Gentleman 9 wrote:As town what's a reason you wouldn't like a pairing? That one is town and the other is scum, and that the town townreads the scumpair and doesn't leave in endgame. This is not such a scenario.
Gentleman 5's claim that he believes he can sort Lady 8 has no bearing on me. Even knowing people's identities, I have no reason to trust his read over mine or to trust that he will eventually come to agree with me.

It seems quite reasonable to me to say that just in general someone you consider being town paired with someone you consider to be scum would be a reason to dislike a pairing, no? Regardless of their read on each other, it is an unfortunate situation where their death would result in the loss of one of your townreads.
In post 2004, Gentleman 9 wrote:
In post 2000, Gentleman 3 wrote:Personally, when someone asks me to substantiate an accusation about their posts (a lack of content), I don't give as an example a post that specifically doesn't match up with the accusation. That's just me, though.
Personally, when someone asks me to substantiate an accusation about their posts (a lack of content), I give example of the only post that may be construed as containing content, and show that its largely invalid and matches up with the accusation. That's just me, though.
It just seems somewhat strange to me to give a singular post that supposedly doesn't match up with what you're saying as opposed to giving the multitude of other posts that would apparently show a lack of content.

I think I'm mostly done talking about this, unless you'd like to continue.
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2009 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:06 am

Post by Lady 1 »

In post 2007, Gentleman 9 wrote:
In post 2006, Lady 1 wrote:Hey guy with the ugly long hair you wanna talk more about why I the most towny lady here am a wolf? If you would like to apologize I will show mercy before I judo flip you
i apologise you townie town lady
Carry on.
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2010 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:07 am

Post by Gentleman 9 »

In post 0, FakeGod wrote:Once you have reached a simple majority (half of all living players plus one) that person will be executed.
I wish the couple that is voted out is not executed and simply asked to leave.
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2011 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:07 am

Post by Lady 1 »

I want to know why people are townreading or scumreading my partner. I got him at a hard null myself right now.
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2012 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:08 am

Post by Gentleman 9 »

In post 2008, Gentleman 3 wrote:Gentleman 5's claim that he believes he can sort Lady 8 has no bearing on me. Even knowing people's identities, I have no reason to trust his read over mine or to trust that he will eventually come to agree with me.

It seems quite reasonable to me to say that just in general someone you consider being town paired with someone you consider to be scum would be a reason to dislike a pairing, no? Regardless of their read on each other, it is an unfortunate situation where their death would result in the loss of one of your townreads.
i disagree with this 100 percent.
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2013 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:10 am

Post by Lady 1 »

In post 2008, Gentleman 3 wrote:Gentleman 5's claim that he believes he can sort Lady 8 has no bearing on me. Even knowing people's identities, I have no reason to trust his read over mine or to trust that he will eventually come to agree with me.

Stuff like this is why I have a problem with Gent 3 because it's skipping/leaving out basic mafia theory/talk to make an excuse on your own reasoning and Gent 3 is obviously smart enough to not be this narrow minded
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2014 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:12 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 2012, Gentleman 9 wrote:

i disagree with this 100 percent.
Do you believe that I believe it? If so, it seems like your point that it is inconsistent for me to dislike the pairing of Gentleman 5 and Lady 8 is really just a philosophical disagreement rather than any sort of discrepancy.
In post 2013, Lady 1 wrote:

Stuff like this is why I have a problem with Gent 3 because it's
skipping/leaving out basic mafia theory/talk to make an excuse on your own reasoning
and Gent 3 is obviously smart enough to not be this narrow minded
Sorry, could you elaborate? I'm not sure I understand what you mean by the bolded.
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2015 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:13 am

Post by Gentleman 1 »

I did a read through of G7’s ISO and I think using some advanced levels of strategy, G7 probably has an ally in the ladies. The way G7 postured about pairing with L6, the level 1 play here, feels like a false indicator of there being no scum in the ladies, as the level 0 play imo would be positioning yourself to pair with an ally later in the dance phase. My guess would be the partner might be among the following people
In post 625, Gentleman 7 wrote:
I ask Lady 6 to the dance.

Definitely the cutest, most honorable and townie looking lady.
In post 627, Gentleman 7 wrote:I don't trust Lady 1.

2 and 4 aren't as good.
In post 629, Gentleman 7 wrote:5 is too masculine
With L1, L2, and L5 being the ones I’d want to look into most, followed by L4 and L6.
In post 1242, Gentleman 7 wrote:
In post 1113, Lady 8 wrote:Part of the early game is puffing up your reads somewhat. Arrogant or lying is a big overstatement. If everyone took this attitude, there wouldn't be any early game at all!
Sure there would be. We would still be asking ladies to dance.

Lady 4, may I have this dance?

It seems to be what our companions here wish. I am ready to find out why.
This is why I feel like it’s posturing btw, he comes back into the thread with 0 acknowledgement of his previous attempt at courtship.
It’s amazing! These amazing fireworks surely befit the beginning of the end!
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2016 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:14 am

Post by Gentleman 1 »

Oh shoot I forgot I don’t have to remove the pre-video ID segment for a url

F to my attempt to be creative
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2017 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:15 am

Post by Lady 4 »

In post 1869, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 1868, Lady 4 wrote:
In post 1864, Lady 7 wrote:I mean L3.Misty lost a lot of credit for that flip.
In hindsight I really hate the post she made where she said G7.Vampire should be kept alive because he is a higher ceiling for "looking town".

Felt like a way to try and win me over to saving him all while not committing to a town read on the slot.
I think L3 is more likely town then not but I don't feel half as good about it as before I saw the flip.
Why still say she's town if you're so shaken by that post earlier?
It's a singular point and I have to think it through.
I also scum read G9 still and they can't both be scum, that just isn't possible.

I think it's more likely L3 made a mistake and G9 is just a wolf then the other way around.

Like 1 post against someone and multiple points in favour of them I am still going to lean town but I also can't lock them as town anymore.
so I'll just ask again: why does it matter if you SR one or the other? let's just kill the pair and be done with it

I do like the reasoning for scum in L1/G6 in . It's the kind of associative I was going to look for.
I am willing to vote any of L2/G4, L1/G6, and L3/G9.
still reading
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2018 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:17 am

Post by Lady 1 »

In post 2014, Gentleman 3 wrote:Sorry, could you elaborate? I'm not sure I understand what you mean by the bolded.
It's okay not many can understand my genius allow me to enlighten you.

The way you're talking is in an extremely selfish and coincided viewpoint and I don't think given what you've shown that's how you really think or act. Saying things like 'I have no reason to trust his read over mine' when this entire format of a game is figuring out partners and working together in a basic game of mafia is...just odd. Are you telling me you've never been convinced on a read before? No, because that's silly. So you trying to come in here and say that's why you're gonna vote a pair is...bad
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2019 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:18 am

Post by Lady 1 »

Unrelated: I think I should look better for G7s flip not worse but now that I said that it doesn't matter.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2020 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:25 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 2018, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 2014, Gentleman 3 wrote:Sorry, could you elaborate? I'm not sure I understand what you mean by the bolded.
It's okay not many can understand my genius allow me to enlighten you.

The way you're talking is in an extremely selfish and coincided viewpoint and I don't think given what you've shown that's how you really think or act. Saying things like 'I have no reason to trust his read over mine' when this entire format of a game is figuring out partners and working together in a basic game of mafia is...just odd. Are you telling me you've never been convinced on a read before? No, because that's silly. So you trying to come in here and say that's why you're gonna vote a pair is...bad
I think there's a disconnect here, although I will concede that what I said there does sound selfish and conceited. That was a mistake.

Gentleman 5's point—as near as I can tell—is that I should be fine with one of my scumreads pairing with one of my townreads, because Gentleman 5 believes he can read Lady 8, and there exists the possibility that he will eventually come to scumread her and leave the dance.
My
point is that this fact has no bearing on my opinion of whether or not a pairing is good or not. To me, any pairing of one of my townreads and scumreads is a suboptimal one, because getting rid of the scumread necessarily also kills the townread.

It's as simple as that. I'm not trying to claim that I'm better than Gentleman 5 or anything of the sort. I'm also not using this as the justification for voting that pair, as you seem to claim in the last sentence—the only pair that I've indicated any intention I might vote today so far is yours, with Gentleman 6.
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2021 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:26 am

Post by Lady 4 »

I was never crazy about G6 too he never gave me town vibes.
In post 1898, Lady 7 wrote:I'll be honest I am starting to just think L2 is scum, I am not actually sure what they've been doing this game.
Sorry G4.Tennis if I end up doing you dirty down the line.
I called this out ages ago
In post 1901, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 1635, Lady 2 wrote:
In post 1588, Gentleman 2 wrote:If I am going down this phase, G7/L4 should be our winning pair.
what
In post 1641, Lady 2 wrote:
In post 1639, Gentleman 5 wrote:Also this is a hot take
It's a garbage take.

Garbage takes are generally towny unless they serve a transparently scum agenda, which this doesn't.
What do you guys think of this sequence in particular?
irrelevant
In post 1965, Lady 3 wrote:I've not heard of that, but I have located scum pocketers who were unable to compellingly explain a townread on me.
It sounds like a fundamentally bad thesis since you'll be less curious about why you are being townread, since you know exactly what kind of artificial sweeteners you put into your posts to prompt the response. It only seems like a scumtell if lots of scum do it to put towncases into the thread and fuel the development of an UTR on the slot, but that's so far from how I play scum.
I know we're not outing mains, but I think you can imagine how certain players would play scum on a cold read, sometimes.
from what I remember it was a scumtell because it's a sort of LAMIST thing.
In post 1969, Lady 3 wrote:I strongly think the best way to play dance1 is to vote out pairs where both halves of the pairing seem more likely than null to flip scum. I think this is much more effective than voting pairs where one player seems very, very scummy, and the other partner is nullish or townish. Two guess are just much stronger than one and read confidence is this weird emotional thing that doesn't correlate well to the actual percentages, when it is 3:7 someone who is 34% likely to be scum due to your reads feels twice as exciting as someone who is 33% likely to be scum, and stuff. Which works fine for setting up a PoE order in Normal queue but is bad in this setup and closely interlinked with leave-your-partner-gamethrows that have happened when this setup was run in the past.

It might sound convenient for me to say since some people townread my slot, but I think it's not that convenient since no one hard scumreads my partner except l7.blue (and maybe me lol).
I SR L3 but this is a decent strat that I agree with
esp since we already offed one scum I'd rather actively try to get more rather than go for the find the town pairs strat

Lady 1's reactions to recent SRs on her over the last few pages are bothering me
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2022 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:27 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 2020, Gentleman 3 wrote:Gentleman 5's point
Gentleman 9's point, that is.
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2023 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:59 am

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 81, Lady 1 wrote:The part that makes Lady 7 townie to me isn't the fact that she faked a townslip it's that everyone was buying into it. Maybe a TMI that lady is town. The rest of the stuff is pretty basic that you could look up by seeing the other dance games.

I got left in pre dance last game so I'm sorry if I'm a little emotional today.
Is there a lot of this? I'd assume statements regarding who you were in the last game to be against the rules.
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2024 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:09 am

Post by Lady 3 »

G1.Nagito I made you a pokedex to summarize the game
Spoiler:
The enemy's low! Get 'em Starmie!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”