Gentleman 5 - Lady 8 [0] -
Gentleman 1 - Lady 7 [0] -
Gentleman 8 - Lady 5 [1] - Gentleman 8
Gentleman 3 - Lady 6 [2] - Lady 1, Gentleman 9
Gentleman 6 - Lady 1 [1] - Lady 7
Gentleman 4 - Lady 2 [3] - Lady 4, Gentleman 2, Lady 6
Gentleman 2 - Lady 4 [1] - Lady 3

Not Voting [7]
- Gentleman 1, Gentleman 3, Gentleman 4, Gentleman 6, Lady 2, Lady 8, Gentleman 5

With 16 alive it takes 9 votes to execute

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2020-08-11 14:34:47)
Last edited by FakeGod on Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2276 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:57 am

Post by Lady 7 »

@Lady 6

I am having trouble figuring out if G9 is someone I fundamentally disagree with as a player rather then him actually being scum.

But he is pushing this pairing thing which feels to some level inconsistent but he is explaining it in a way where I wouldn't be that suprised if he believed what he was saying even if I think it's wrong.

But he was also the fastest pair in the game while making this argument. Idk I feel a level of inconsistency throughout his posts that I just don't like. He was also playing rather tactically around the 1 flipped scum although that could have been a mistake I guess.

But he is also playing in such a way that makes me think he could just be a really weird player.

My internet stopped working and I wanted to post this 10 minutes ago. But G9 is a pretty important read for me right now.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2277 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:00 am

Post by Lady 7 »

I guess I feel as though I have enough information to solve G9 but for some reason I am not actually certain he is scum?
And I certainly don't town read anything.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2278 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:00 am

Post by Gentleman 9 »

^ i will respond to this, but " But G9 is a pretty important read for me right now." why is this true - does your read on me correlate to your read on others/state of the game?
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2279 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:02 am

Post by Lady 7 »

I feel like if I have enough info to solve someone. Then I should use my time and energy in order to do so.

It has more to do with me as a player then anything to do with the game.

Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2280 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:04 am

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 2276, Lady 7 wrote:I am having trouble figuring out if G9 is someone I fundamentally disagree with as a player rather then him actually being scum.
Yeah I'm sort of arriving at the conclusion this might be the case

however, I don't know why G9 thought L3 was someone he would be able to sort well given that's his motivation behind pairings
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2281 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:05 am

Post by Lady 6 »

like I'm half between "G9 is just throwing shit around to see what sticks" this game and "he's just an inconsistent town player that I happen to fundamentally disagree with"
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2282 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:51 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 2272, Lady 6 wrote:VOTE: Lady 2/Gentleman 4
You shouldn't vote me just because you seem to have trouble reading me. Your progression on me has been relatively static from somewhat townie to just null, and I'm not sure it's a good idea to keep it that way.
Catching up for real now.
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2283 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:01 am

Post by Lady 6 »

what do you believe are some good reasons for town reading you?
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2284 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:10 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 2283, Lady 6 wrote:what do you believe are some good reasons for town reading you?
Idk. I don't think I would have played this way as scum though. I probably try to pocket people more to try to secure endgame position. I also think I would have pushed to be your partner more aggressively because you were/are townread more than L2(idk if that's the case now). You can also look at my interactions with G7. I feel like I was more in the middle with him because I was thinking his behavior was somewhat townie, but I also was trying to not rush the pairing between G7/L4. As wolf, I probably either hard bus or hard push him to be paired(and then use the logic that wolf wouldn't defend that hard).
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2285 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:27 am

Post by Lady 6 »

What made you choose L2 over me?

I know I ended up expressing interest in someone else, but you'd started expressing interest in L2 before then.
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2286 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:36 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

Hm that is true that I was interested in L2 early on too. I think this was the same reason for you that I was getting gut town vibes. I would say I was preferring both of you equally until you went with G3.
Why did you ask that question? Do you think there's a reason scum me chooses L2 over you?
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2287 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:45 am

Post by Lady 3 »

In post 2240, Lady 7 wrote:I feel the same way about plans like this, by simply disregarding scum reads and going after pairs we think "just aren't going to end game" and being complacent with the flips
It's not pairs that just aren't going to end game, it's pairs most likely to produce a redflip to work with because they have two halves that feel like they can flip scum instead of one. Human reads are bad and human reads that feel really better than other reads are actually only slightly better so two scumreads ideally or a scumread and a nullread have a quantity that outweighs the quality of an intense scumread. And "ignoring the intensity" of a scumread doesn't impact associative play that much, you'll be looking at the votes and what was actually caused to flip. If anything forcing players to discuss both halves is really good because bussing a scumpartner with a bunch of truth telling probably looks more authentic than shade on the town half
The enemy's low! Get 'em Starmie!
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2288 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:52 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 1674, Gentleman 6 wrote:Lady 3 I have a specific concern I am choosing not to elaborate on right now.
when would be an appropriate time for you to elaborate on this?
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
definitely, absolutely, 100% without question
not a vampire, warlock or werewolf.
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2289 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:53 am

Post by Lady 3 »

They need to make a version of this dance where you can just pair with the people you like and somehow aren't advantaged by pairing with townread people.

It'd be more fun.

I don't know how you make it like that.
But also I guess all of you did that anyway.
Except maybe like, G3.sherlock?
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2290 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:54 am

Post by Lady 3 »

Would it be wrong to wield leave-blackmail and become a doublevoter
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2291 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:56 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 2097, Gentleman 5 wrote:I think this is suspicious, because Lady 2 does not want to end up with Gent 7 (because they will both end up dead, very likely), yet still potentially wants Gent 7 to pair with somebody else, so she needs to pair up at that moment, while trying not to look too hasty by "giving people time to object".
I don't really see where you got the idea that she was angling for a G7 save. I don't even get why you think L2 is scummy based on interactions with G7. They seemed clean to me.

I'm agreeing that the action of L4 leaving behind G7 is NAI, but I do believe the approach in which she did it could be significant. However, I looked back at her iso and thoughts about G7 and it doesn't point be in either direction.
In post 2131, Lady 8 wrote:I like her rationale towards trusting Gent 4, as town that's something that would probably be at the top of her mind.
As scum, you are looking to set up you and your partner for endgame and I would expect you to be vocal about townreading your parnter(or setting yourself up with a townie partner), so this is NAI to me.
In post 2141, Gentleman 5 wrote:Null, I'm going to need to see more
I can see the null town side because G1 seems to have a curious mindset of trying to understand the game. Agree that we need to see more though.
In post 2155, Gentleman 2 wrote:VOTE: G4-L2
:yawn:
In post 2162, Lady 1 wrote:He'd be really stupid to do something like that and I just scumread other people more than him.
Stupid to do what? Push you? If you're town, your pairing is probably a juicy target for wolves(assuming G6 town), so this isn't true. He wasn't even tunneling you either...
In post 2169, Lady 7 wrote:G2.Chad never chooses to not defend himself, because framing someone serves no function.
So by giving up when he flipped scum it basically confirms G7 as mafia.
I don't get this.

I still see G2 as a null slot, and it will continue as long as he plays like this. Maybe the play is because of his fear of mainslipping, but I still don't really like it. I do like L6's read on G2 because it seems to be the narrative read that I sometimes like to use. I'm not sure the effectiveness of it though. I think my read on G3 is that I want him to be scum, but he's probably town. This makes me like the G3/L6 pairing, but we have to proceed with caution. I'm feeling L4 town right now too.
I'm willing to reconsider my townread on G9, and will be taking a look at his posts soonish.
In post 2198, Lady 6 wrote:and his arguments aren't actually all that towny outside of just being aggressive
This might be a good point.
In post 2208, Gentleman 5 wrote:I think the two slots I want to see flip the most right now are Gentleman 4 and Gentleman 9
Is it just because you are having trouble reading me?
In post 2219, Gentleman 5 wrote:Both Lady 1 and Gent 6 have expressed that they are probably not making it to the end of the dance
This isn't townie though.
In post 2229, Gentleman 9 wrote:I mean for all your saying you are excited to sort ghosty 8, isn't 1 day of PT access that you reached the conclusion she is town premature?
Why is this not just excited town conf biasing their partner as town? I don't see this as scummy yet.
In post 2240, Lady 7 wrote:I feel the same way about plans like this, by simply disregarding scum reads and going after pairs we think "just aren't going to end game" and being complacent with the flips.
Yes, I agree. Especially about the accountability part because I feel like having a scumread flip town makes you more inclined to reconsider rather than having nullreads flip town.
In post 2240, Lady 7 wrote:The incredibly casual disregard of the offer makes me think she is likely to be town and was being brought into something.
Good point for L6 town.
In post 2247, Gentleman 9 wrote:wanting a partner that you can work well with is much more important for scum players than town players, that's why I thought you insistence on it is scum indicative
Then what's important for town players??
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2292 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:59 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 2252, Gentleman 9 wrote:That's why this pair is doomed to fail cause as soon as she even turns to mildly townreading me I'll start to get sus.
to be clear, is this a serious thought?
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
definitely, absolutely, 100% without question
not a vampire, warlock or werewolf.
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2293 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:04 am

Post by Lady 4 »

In post 2145, Gentleman 5 wrote:You think Lady 2 + Gent 4 is still our best vote?
Yes
In post 2146, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 2144, Lady 4 wrote:I have a pretty decent townbin and scumbin this is nice
Can you make a visual representation of this using tiers?
I can make you another shitty read pyramid if you'd like but it would mostly be unchanged and honestly after sending it to Nagito my response to my own list was. "holy shit this is bad"
Yeah in a bit
In post 2175, Gentleman 2 wrote:It's possible Lady 4 is scum and I don't mind getting to leave this game so I can return to my original account. I just kind of feel bad because she said she didn't want to leave so soon when she noted she would have to pair with G7 or me.
Can you not yet
In post 2186, Lady 1 wrote:I'm just gonna sit on the only pair I feel some amount of confidence in even if no one will join me
VOTE: Gent 3/Lady 6
pedit: Okay
I actually would vote on this but I feel stronger elsewhere
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2294 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:04 am

Post by Lady 4 »

If a G9/L3 wagon revs up I'll be all over that too
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2295 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:08 am

Post by Lady 7 »

VOTE: Gent 9

I actually feel half as good about this as I used to.
But he isn't being inconsistent with what he thinks is optimal play.
He is being inconsistent with what he believes scum would want to do :\

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2296 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:09 am

Post by Lady 7 »

I think you can be a hypocrite in regards of what you think you should do and what you actually do.
Because sometimes what you believe is a wrong action can "feel right" at the moment.

I just don't see how this logic can also apply to something you believe is a scum tell.

Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2297 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:10 am

Post by Lady 3 »

But I wanna plaaaaay
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2298 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:10 am

Post by Lady 4 »

In post 2220, Gentleman 4 wrote:
In post 2136, Lady 4 wrote:
In post 1929, Gentleman 4 wrote:So why is my pair being voted? I'm pretty sure you can look at me telling you guys to let G2 talk as a positive for not being scum with G7.
I missed this post, found it while ISOing G4
This sucks
In post 2137, Lady 4 wrote:Like bussing scum trying to reap the towncred from their bus
I can see how you think of it like that. I was just pointing out something I did that makes it unlikely for me to be scum with G7. Tbh, I don’t think I would ever post something like that as scum because it is just obviously scummy. If I was scum, I’d at least wait a little longer to see if more votes piled on or if our wagon died to say such a thing.
Will check up on everything else later. is a good post!
This just leads to WIFOM though
In post 2239, Lady 5 wrote:Because I’m more uneasy with one than the other in each of your pairs — I think you’re kinda of towny, but I don’t really feel that G4 is

I think G2 is sort of townie, but not L4

I’d be fine getting rid of G4/L4 currently but I’m not fine with ditching you or G2
This is a stupid approach to the game
If you SR one person in a pair then push it. If there's scum there we have to kill it eventually.
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2299 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:11 am

Post by Lady 4 »

I think I might know who G4 is and they might just be really awkward town

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”