Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2400 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:40 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

i think you could make an argument for him thinking immediately proposing to her would get him town read

it is difficult to follow that through to "tell all the other ladies to shove off" even when lady 6 says she needs more from him?
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
definitely, absolutely, 100% without question
not a vampire, warlock or werewolf.
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2401 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:42 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 2376, Gentleman 8 wrote:
In post 2374, Lady 6 wrote:I thought they were fake reads and pushes on town players that G9 either didn't want getting to town read or just pushed to look like he was doing something

his arguments literally seemed made up to me
hmm

to be clear, no issues with his play apart from the pushes he made in this phase of the game?

and out of interest, is the idea that scum are more likely to come up with insane backwards theories that make no sense based on your experience with scum doing this? when i say what was the scum motivation, i mean why does scum do that over, i dunno, literally anything else when it comes to pushing someone
Uh no I took issue with the way he questioned G5 and G3 back in the pre-dance as well. I also never quite reconciled his ask of Misty with the rest of his actions.

When I say they seemed made it up, it's not that I'm saying he was spouting insane backwards theories. It's that I thought his logic was fundamentally off in a way I saw coming from scum reaching for reasons to scum read. Like flawed arguments != scum, but his inconsistencies didn't make it seem like something he actually believed in to me
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2402 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:45 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 2378, Gentleman 8 wrote:i think the point i'm trying to get at is that regardless of gentleman 9's alignment, it should have been obvious that he
thought
what he was saying made sense, even if it didn't actually

it was never a question to me of "does what he's saying actually make sense?" but a question of "does his line of thinking come from a town place?"

so i guess i'm trying to understand why you thought it didn't beyond "it didn't make sense"
to be very very clear here, because apparently I have not been

I'm not saying he was nonsensical and therefore seemed scummy. I'm saying his arguments seemed more to me like scum needing to deliberately search for / find reasons to support scum reads rather than just naturally finding scum reads as town.
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2403 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:48 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

also it probably doesn't mean much coming from me

but I don't think the way G7 went about and talked about "trolling" me is an S/S interaction very often, but alas, bias
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2404 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:48 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 2399, Lady 4 wrote:I don't understand the case for G9!town
which part
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2405 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:49 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 670, Gentleman 7 wrote:You have the freedom to choose, idk? Come with me if you want to dance lol
up to this point, i would say, "ok, makes sense that he could have just thought it would work even if it didn't"

after this point, we get:
In post 819, Gentleman 7 wrote:
In post 709, Lady 6 wrote:Gentleman 7, you should ask someone else to dance, I don't plan on accepting your invitation
No thanks. I'd rather die than invite anyone else but you.
In post 895, Gentleman 7 wrote:Lady 1. Strongly held opinions with flimsy reason to be convinced. Overcompensating for rolling scum or bad at mafia.
In post 526, Lady 1 wrote:The fact I can't tell if Lady 7 is joking or now terrifies me
This post pings me negatively.

Not going to be my dance partner!
In post 900, Gentleman 7 wrote:Lady 3 would have been my only other consideration for an invitation but luckily she is taken already so that I have no distraction for the belle of the ball, my sweet lady, the lovely, radiant, and sassy lady 6.
and uh... even if he thought his entrance was going to look town and that lady 6 (who is town in this scenario) would think this, he decided "yeah, you know what, i'll just keep doing this even though she said no and it'll eventually work?"

eh... still more willing to believe he grew up in a colony of seals and cannot stand to be separated from them for even a moment
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2406 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:52 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

G8, why does G7 keep going after me if I am obviously shutting him down in thread and presumably in the scum PT

like it doesn't seem to be sound strategy either way
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2407 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:53 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 2403, Lady 6 wrote:also it probably doesn't mean much coming from me

but I don't think the way G7 went about and talked about "trolling" me is an S/S interaction very often, but alas, bias
oh yeah, that happened too

i guess this was also another moment of brilliance from gentleman 7 where he thought, "if i say i'm trolling her, she'll be swooning over me for sure. absolutely. flawless plan, if i do say so myself."

the more i think about it, seal love theory is literally the only explanation for his play
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2408 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:06 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 2406, Lady 6 wrote:G8, why does G7 keep going after me if I am obviously shutting him down in thread and presumably in the scum PT

we can agree it was not the smartest of plays, regardless of your alignment

if you're town, then he was thinking if he yelled "BE WITH ME, SEAL LADY!" enough times, it would eventually melt your icy heart

if you're scum, you obviously disagreed with his plan but he continued doing it anyway

i'm obviously missing something here since i'm not 100% convinced that he's the type of person who spends his leisure time watching documentaries on seals and marveling at the beauty of them. i'm not sure what i'm missing, but i haven't seen much reason to consider the scenario in which you're town is more likely than the scenario in which you're scum. "scum wouldn't do that" is not convincing. "he thought it would look town" doesn't fully explain it

this is why, if we go back to how we originally came upon this topic, i asked if people could point me to posts outside of this that they thought seemed like town thought processes from you
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2409 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:07 pm

Post by Lady 4 »

In post 2404, Lady 6 wrote:
which part
The "towntell"
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2410 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:10 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

basically, if you're town, i fully expect to find that after intermission, i will open the dead thread and see pages and pages of seal pictures and that worries me
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2411 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:14 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

her heart is watery her iciness doesn't define her
The enemy's low! Get 'em Starmie!
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2412 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:14 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

you know, that is a valid fear
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2413 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:15 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 2409, Lady 4 wrote:
In post 2404, Lady 6 wrote:
which part
The "towntell"
I guess it mostly hinges on whether you believe G9 would've been corrected on his misunderstanding of the setup by his teammates. Or if he would've read the setup closer as scum.

For me, I think it probably does a lot more than other people might because it helps me understand where he's coming from a lot better.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2414 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

i just... i just want to know why gentleman 7 sees lady 6 (town) say "what you're doing isn't doing much for me, ask someone else" and interprets that as "KEEP DOING WHAT YOU'RE DOING, GENTLEMAN 7! NO MATTER WHAT THE MOD SAYS ABOUT GENTLEMAN 8, YOU'LL ALWAYS BE MY PRINCE CHARMING!"

it just... it just doesn't make sense

maybe what you were saying meant the opposite in the language of seals and he thought you weren't speaking human?

i just don't know
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2415 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

Why would scum bother to correct that mistake?
Why would that even come up in the scum thread in the first place?

As a strong advocate of town slips this one doesn't hold up.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2416 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:28 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

maybe I got over excited
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2417 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:37 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 2402, Lady 6 wrote:I'm saying his arguments seemed more to me like scum needing to deliberately search for / find reasons to support scum reads rather than just naturally finding scum reads as town.
could you give me one or two examples of posts that made you think this prior to the revelation?

and uh, to clarify... your original reversal in your thoughts about gentleman 9 was because you thought scum would have corrected his thinking? or because you thought that his thinking made his arguments seem town? or some combination of those and other factors?
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2418 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:41 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

Idk if scum!dewgong tries to sell a townslip on a scum!g9 at this point in the game, it's a bus and play solo gamestate for her atm I think
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2419 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:46 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 2408, Gentleman 8 wrote:
In post 2406, Lady 6 wrote:G8, why does G7 keep going after me if I am obviously shutting him down in thread and presumably in the scum PT

we can agree it was not the smartest of plays, regardless of your alignment

if you're town, then he was thinking if he yelled "BE WITH ME, SEAL LADY!" enough times, it would eventually melt your icy heart

if you're scum, you obviously disagreed with his plan but he continued doing it anyway

i'm obviously missing something here since i'm not 100% convinced that he's the type of person who spends his leisure time watching documentaries on seals and marveling at the beauty of them. i'm not sure what i'm missing, but i haven't seen much reason to consider the scenario in which you're town is more likely than the scenario in which you're scum. "scum wouldn't do that" is not convincing. "he thought it would look town" doesn't fully explain it

this is why, if we go back to how we originally came upon this topic, i asked if people could point me to posts outside of this that they thought seemed like town thought processes from you
Ghost 8's argument is that Gent 7 entering the thread and proposing to his scum partner would be a poor move because it's not a pairing they want to Gent 7 would have to look bad on purpose in order for Lady 6 to decline it. Gent 7 didn't have any reasoning when proposing
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2420 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:46 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

you ever say a word in your head so many times that it starts to lose meaning?

because i'm at that point now

seal

seal

seal

thank you, gentleman 7. in death you have cursed me
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2421 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:49 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2422 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

@gentleman 5, is that an argument against them being scum together? or just an argument for why, if they are scum together, they never actually wanted to be partnered?
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2423 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:11 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

An argument against them being scum, in that Gent 7's actions would have been bad play and would necessitate that he looks bad so that Gent 6 can decline him, because they don't want to pair together, so they're be sacrificing Gent 7 for not much reason
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2424 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:11 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 2286, Gentleman 4 wrote:Hm that is true that I was interested in L2 early on too. I think this was the same reason for you that I was getting gut town vibes. I would say I was preferring both of you equally until you went with G3.
Why did you ask that question? Do you think there's a reason scum me chooses L2 over you?
This doesn't make sense, which happened first, why does it sound like both could hae been first the way you say this

I know people have been suspecting G4, I think I might see why
It’s amazing! These amazing fireworks surely befit the beginning of the end!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”