Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3300 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

i don't really know how gentleman 7 would or wouldn't treat his scum partners

i think it's a bit silly to guess without one more flip

if there was a bit more depth to his interactions, it'd be a different matter, but there really is no depth to almost all his interactions. mentions here and there, but other than the fixation on lady 6 and the eventual 3-player group at the end, there's nothing there but weak mentions of other players

the only real conclusion i think we've all agreed upon with regards to gentleman 7 is that he's probably the kind of guy who could recite the wikipedia page for seals by heart. he's probably contributed to it a great many times himself. he's probably rather strict about removing any criticism of seals being less than perfect, too
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
definitely, absolutely, 100% without question
not a vampire, warlock or werewolf.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3301 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 3299, Gentleman 1 wrote:
In post 676, Lady 4 wrote:
In post 671, Lady 2 wrote:
In post 669, Lady 4 wrote:I would be very satisfied with a G2/Rosalina 2 pairing that dies first
I would be very satisfied with you engaging me about your read on me, but it seems like neither of us are going to get what we want.
I don't really feel like I have anything to add beyond what I've said. This game isn't that long.
In post 673, Lady 2 wrote:And L4, why G2? He's barely done anything.
Exactly. Other gentlemen have been better.
In post 706, Lady 4 wrote:
In post 677, Lady 2 wrote:Including G7?
No I put him in same basket as G2
In post 678, Lady 2 wrote:Why do my posts look scum motivated? Can you give an example of posts I made that were surface level?
I will do some quoting
In post 681, Lady 2 wrote:No, but I do get scumread a lot for my playstyle by people who don't know me very well.

I'm kinda surprised to hear my reads being called surface level, though. That's not something I get often given that I usually try to look one level deeper than most people (beyond "who does this appear to benefit" to "who does the player THINK this would appear to benefit").
I'm not calling your reads surface level I'm calling your general play
I don't see you really trying to dig into anything
this is VERY interesting with how the last pairing worked out

I'll see how thing shake out but I'm definitely leaning voting this pair rn
Which pair? You quoted the ladyhalves of both pairs.
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3302 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:57 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

I'm town reading you G4

I just realized something about L2 and it's changed my read of her
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3303 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:57 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 3300, Gentleman 8 wrote:i don't really know how gentleman 7 would or wouldn't treat his scum partners

i think it's a bit silly to guess without one more flip

if there was a bit more depth to his interactions, it'd be a different matter, but there really is no depth to almost all his interactions. mentions here and there, but other than the fixation on lady 6 and the eventual 3-player group at the end, there's nothing there but weak mentions of other players

the only real conclusion i think we've all agreed upon with regards to gentleman 7 is that he's probably the kind of guy who could recite the wikipedia page for seals by heart. he's probably contributed to it a great many times himself. he's probably rather strict about removing any criticism of seals being less than perfect, too
If this game was taking place in F62 and or the speakeasy and or zor and the others would tolerate it, I'd be posting sealsmut right now. Alas, none of these are true, sorry guy the 7th; find your fix elsewhere.
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3304 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:58 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

and sorry but I don't exactly trust that you have an accurate read of L2 because I think their playstyle makes them an extremely difficult read for most people
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3305 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:58 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 3302, Lady 6 wrote:I just realized something about L2 and it's changed my read of her
which is what?
Y'all be keeping things vague this game like I remember G6 also said "I have something about L3 that I will elaborate on later".
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3306 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:58 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

In post 3297, Gentleman 4 wrote:If you can't read me, just no hang and figure stuff out after intermission(no deadline). Saying "they never endgame" is lazy IMO and I'm sorta townreading both G2/L4, so things change.
this mafia game will probably go better if you pretend we're in the open queue and you have to counterwagon yourself

it's likely one of the dynamics L1cry is cognizant of
The enemy's low! Get 'em Starmie!
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3307 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:59 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 3305, Gentleman 4 wrote:
In post 3302, Lady 6 wrote:I just realized something about L2 and it's changed my read of her
which is what?
Y'all be keeping things vague this game like I remember G6 also said "I have something about L3 that I will elaborate on later".
Oh yeah that shit ended up being a non-issue so I dropped it like my parents did to my head as an infant.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3308 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:59 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 3297, Gentleman 4 wrote:If you can't read me, just no hang and figure stuff out after intermission(no deadline). Saying "they never endgame" is lazy IMO and I'm sorta townreading both G2/L4, so things change.
I still think getting rid of your pair is better? I don't think my read is going to change on you to the point where I'm comfortable enough with you to let you get to the end over other people I townread. Which is these pairs:

G5-L8
G1-L7
G6-L1
G9-L3
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3309 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:59 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 627, Gentleman 7 wrote:I don't trust Lady 1.

2 and 4 aren't as good.
Hmmm...
Doesn't trust L1, says L2 and L4 aren't as good. I want to focus on L2 a bit, since G7 asked L4 later.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3310 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:59 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

which is what?
their main
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3311 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:00 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 3310, Lady 6 wrote:their main
can't argue against this :roll:
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3312 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:00 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

which is what?
Tell me what you think of the gamestate.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3313 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:00 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

I kind of want fakegod to enforce a postgame period of threadlock where everyone can submit their guess for the identity of each slot.

Call it a bonus round.
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3314 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:00 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 3308, Gentleman 5 wrote:G6-L1G9-L3
yes these two are good
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3315 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:01 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 830, Lady 4 wrote:I'd rather not be stuck with G2 or G7 fyi
I'd like to actually play this game and I feel semi-confident those two will be taken out rapidly
I am 99% certain I won't finish before I go to bed tonight so I'll use this to anchor myself and as a point of reference for why I'm doing this:
VOTE: G2 - L4
It’s amazing! These amazing fireworks surely befit the beginning of the end!
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3316 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:02 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 3311, Gentleman 4 wrote:
In post 3310, Lady 6 wrote:their main
can't argue against this :roll:
yeah that's why I was vague

I would rather you be able to give a better reason to push elsewhere specifically instead of reasons to no push you
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3317 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:02 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 3312, Lady 7 wrote:Tell me what you think of the gamestate.
Well people are scumreading my V/LA partner which is quite
convenient
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3318 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:02 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

i don't have any certainty about gentleman 4 or lady 2's alignment, but i currently think there's more likely to be scum in the gentleman 2 / lady 4 couple

i'm warming up to gentleman 4, i guess

i don't really know what lady 2 really thinks about anything but i don't know if that means she's scum
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
definitely, absolutely, 100% without question
not a vampire, warlock or werewolf.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3319 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:03 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

Lady seal, there is an alternate universe where we danced together and our PT is nothing but paranoia-posting at each other. But I quite enjoy my lady this game so sorry for that which never was.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3320 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:03 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

VOTE: G4 and L2

No this is not backwards.

I wouldn't mind G5 but I'll punt on that since I am alone in that regard I believe.

Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3321 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:03 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

Developing a prominent guess for L2's main has decreased my bloodlust for L2 which means either L6dewgong has a different guest or we think differently.

The person I'm thinking of generally deals with false negatives not false positives so invalidating G4's reads on per-user accuracy grounds would be backwards
The enemy's low! Get 'em Starmie!
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3322 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:04 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

L2 better flip scum or you guys are straight up bad.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3323 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:05 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 3320, Lady 7 wrote:I wouldn't mind G5 but I'll punt on that since I am alone in that regard I believe.
The game in general ubertowns him, I was called "very spicy" for putting him below the line of townblocking in my megareads post.

I'm an ear that's willing to be lent if you intend to case.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3324 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:05 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

I strongly think G2 and L4 is TT but I think stronger that they should leave the dance in case I am wrong due to the popular consensus. I will hammer if needed, but I would rather they leave and we expel elsewhere.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”