Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:08 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 823, DkKoba wrote:Nothing. Just is a bit annoying when ppl claim like that
shit i actually agree
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:47 am

Post by DkKoba »

thread got quiet all of a sudden huh
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:55 am

Post by Andresvmb »

I wish I could say I had strong feelings about Snow either way but I don’t. I agreed with VPB’s general statement that Snow did not seem to be pushing the game forward all that much, but Snow is not completely devoid of opinions either.
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:15 am

Post by Testarossa »

Tbh Snow feels kind of a bit more like defeatist town than scum that is more or less accepting her elimination. But that is more gut.

She has been switching between nulltown and nullscum so far through the whole game, I think I would have joined the wagon at the beginning just to see where it might lead to and Baltar's reasons were good enough, but after the wagon I am not so sure what to think of it. It kind of happened a bit too fast for my liking. But I am a bit at a loss because I am town or null on all on the wagon.

@Andres:
What do you think of Ico's turn onto Snow considering you are both (or were?) scumreading both?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:19 am

Post by Andresvmb »

Also I’ve seen some posts from Datisi and Ico asking me about which points I was saying were good ones when argued against Ico being Scum (like ). Well, the main point being argued for why Ico is Town is that a lot of the reactions we’re seeing here are from frustrated Town, and simply Ico’s personality (e.g. ). I can’t dismiss this entirely right. I think DkKoba and VPB are Town. I know I’m Town. So all those “retaliatory” votes I’ll call them (my interpretation) don’t vibe well with me. But if it’s driven by personality (and I do rely on meta for a lot of my reads typically, though obviously hard to do in a game where I don’t know anyone), then I would think your read is more likely to be accurate than mine. And why do I Town Read you Datisi? Well, you have been probing me pretty hard over my views, and I think it has a lot to do with the fact that you don’t agree with me obviously. But despite you know voting me, I can’t say you have written me off or tunneled me, and it feels genuine.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:25 am

Post by Andresvmb »

@Testarossa I don’t know what to make of Ico voting Snow. I’ll be honest - it’s entirely dependent on what Snow flips if they do. It’s a rarity that I get to call the Scum Team completely D1, so I’m not assuming that all of a sudden I got them both right and this is a bus. I doubt it. I haven’t gotten strong Scum vibes from Snow, but I can’t say I’m a huge fan of not taking any strong stances D1 at all. Snow is arguing that they are a cautious player. Sure. But you shouldn’t be surprised people SR that, since it’s a typical Scum position to take.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:45 am

Post by DkKoba »

VOTE: Testarossa im willing to compromise for this (:
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:46 am

Post by Andresvmb »

@NPOM, I can’t square your , , and with your , which explains your vote on me. You were basically in total agreement with VPB and my early push on Ico, and then you turned around and voted me arguing that disagreed with my push on Ico, and said that you couldn’t see “the Town purpose” in . The last few posts I’m quoting came around when the wagon against me seemed to be building some steam, and the earlier ones came when the momentum was decidedly against Ico. Care to explain?

Of course, now you’re back to SR’ing Ico for jumping on Snow, who they had claimed a TR earlier on. How has the last sequence of events influenced your read on me?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:47 am

Post by DkKoba »

im not hanging outside of Ico/Testa/NPOM today btw
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:48 am

Post by DkKoba »

also if u think in a game with 3 scum with so many v high energy players that at the very least snow!scum wouldnt be at the very least be coached in scum chat rn, then thats absurd.
retired
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:51 am

Post by Andresvmb »

@DkKoba you claimed to be playing 3D chess with your vote on Snow. Do you want to elaborate yet or no?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:53 am

Post by DkKoba »

yes, I wanted to get other's reaction to snow being a potential hanging.

i was starting to fos NPOM at that time and it only solidified that from their reaction
retired
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:55 am

Post by Datisi »

coaching actually happens much less than you'd expect in my experience

these last few posts from andres almost make me wanna vote npom, but not quite yet

i am still interested in why testa is scum but at this point i feel like i'm talking to a wall
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by DkKoba »

can u do me a favor dats and iso terra and look at how much fillery content they have wrt how they phrase their long posts + how much IioA they have?
retired
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:22 pm

Post by Datisi »

fun fact: someone calling me dats makes it about 10% more likely i'll get pocketed by them

VOTE: testarossa
~M
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:36 pm

Post by DkKoba »

lets do itttttttt
retired
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:30 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

At first I thought Andres was scum but I'm starting to think he's misguided town. I think scum would have backed off pushing Icon after facing so much resistance from multiple players.

This is textbook Icon townplay. It's an emotional player who tends to get into fights. I think in this game it's clear Icon is sorting people and the idea that scum-Icon just attacks anyone that attacks it is too rooted in some theory of how scum act rather than how they (and in particular, Icon) act in practice.
---
In post 793, hellbooks wrote:also thinking atm that NPOM has higher scum equity if snowblaze is town actually
Talk to me about this more.
---
Maybe I'm just projecting, but Snowblaze's play reminds me a lot of when I'm town and having trouble getting scumreads. I just don't see this slot as scum.

VOTE: Testarossa. I took up Koba's offer to iso Testa and there's a lot of hedging language in there. Try doing a find-in-page highlight of the word "but" and you'll see it's all over the place.

I want to give this wagon some momentum and see where it goes.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:50 pm

Post by DkKoba »

u know this is the first time in a while ive been able to sell a case like this o.o

my persuasiveness has never been a strong point and usually i just brute force pushes to the point of 1v1s that I just win
retired
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:06 pm

Post by Raya36 »

Official Vote Count 1.10

Cotyledon tomentosa "Bear's Paw"

EliminationWith 13 votes in play, it takes 7 to eliminate someone.

NoPowerOverMe
(1): Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
(1): Testarossa
Iconeum
(2): jankofan, Andresvmb
Snowblaze
(4): GeorgeBailey, VP Baltar, Iconeum, hellbooks
VP Baltar
(2): NoPowerOverMe, Snowblaze
Testarossa
(3): DkKoba, Datisi, Alduskkel
Not Voting
(0):

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-08-13 23:15:00).

Mod notes:
:][/area]
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:19 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 843, Raya36 wrote:
Official Vote Count 1.10

Not Voting
(0):[/area]
u love to see it!
retired
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:25 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

Alright I’ll jump on this wagon.

VOTE: Testarossa

I prefer it over Snowblaze so that’s why.
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:19 pm

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

I can get on board with Testarossa.

VOTE: Testarossa

L2 I think?
Snowblaze
Snowblaze
Goon
Snowblaze
Goon
Goon

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:38 pm

Post by Snowblaze »

Good news: I’m no longer the largest wagon. Bad news: I’m townleaning the replacement largest wagon.

(Should probably prioritise that ISO.)

I’m probably just irrationally tunnelling VPB but I do actually still think he’s been pretty scummy in trying to get me killed. And is anyone ever going to tell me why hellbooks is town?

Still fence-sitting, Andre? I thought you were scumreading me.

It can’t just be as easy as VPB/hellbooks/Andre, can it? (Probably not, but I can hope...)

Can someone explain why NPOM’s defence of town!me is scummy? I was agreeing with a lot of his points, but that might just be the emotional reaction to being wagoned rather than actual logical reads.
Snowblaze
Snowblaze
Goon
Snowblaze
Goon
Goon

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:30 pm

Post by Snowblaze »

Yup, not particularly scumreading Testarossa. Still a slight townlean. I think she’ll probably get easier to read as the game goes on.

I feel like I could very easily end up deathtunneling VPB, so I’m probably just going to ignore him and leave my vote there for a while until I feel like I can read him with less bias.

@Andre, why do you prefer Testarossa to me? You were townleaning her at the last mention before your switch in and prepared to vote for me in . Can you explain what changed between those posts and your vote for her?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:46 pm

Post by DkKoba »

IM ACTUALLY GONNA BE MAD IF TERRA FLIPS TOWN BC IT WOULD BE KINDA EPIC WITH THE SPEED THE COUNTERWAGON HAPPENED. THE SPEEEEEEEED
retired

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”