Mini Theme 2155: SIN: This Impurity must be Cleansed!

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:51 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1740, Dumb and Dumber wrote:
@mod: Was part of Something_Smart's role PM hidden on flip?
I don't find information on the corruption threshold for death.

-Dumbass
In post 1, Dunnstral wrote: If your role does not explicitly say how you interact with
Corruption
: You die when you reach 3
Corruption
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:33 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 1718, catboi wrote: A thing that's bothersome about porkens's claim that no one has brought up is how he has an ability that raises his corruption but apparently had no problem hammering on day 1, it doesn't really seem to hold that he'd be so cavalier about corruption when it potentially reduces the amount of times he could use his ability.
You saying it might be maf-indicative if all maf die at 0 corruption right? Was going to say something about this and how Porkens might've switched "gains/loses" in their claim (so originally, loses 1 corruption for using an ability), but Porkens mentioned a "beast" that takes a hit for them if they get to that point. So it doesn't make sense for them to be too worried either way.

Spoiler: Contained within is Norwe/Cleric speculation garbage
In post 1651, Jackel98 wrote:Are safe claims commonly given to scum? If so, and if all demons have Consume Sin (not sure of that's gluttony-only), cleric safeclaim could make sense.

I'm down for a Norwee elim
oh, there it is.
as a side note, in response to Norwe's post earlier, "a Cleric" would be the correct wording whether there are multiple town-aligned Clerics or town/maf(with Consume Sin)+safecl("Cleric"), since the point is to not have to face a CC situation.

I think catboi's point that, seeing how many selfharming abilities there are (confirmed+claimed) and with how much fruit Bell was able to give out, having 3 corruption-removing townies seems right.
Then again, the corruption-eating ability....
But then, if the only known way to lose corruption is Atonement, having only 2 people with that ability doesn't even seem like a threat to maf. Why bother with a corruption-eating ability in that case.

Idk, I think it works out that me and Norwe are Cleric buddies for now. I'm not down for Nowee elim and I'm not sure why you are Jackel. Not at this point.
Well, enough of that. Time to go through Bell and others.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:34 pm

Post by redtea »

forgot my other post
In post 1702, catboi wrote:This is a wacky thought but: it's possible the other demons share a similar condition to Bell of dying at 0 corruption. I think we might want to have both cleric claims double up on their target tonight.
This isn't a bad thought, but it would take us 2 nights to kill someone, and if maf have that same corruption eating-ability our attempts could be
fruitless

hehehe

Might be safe to double up on someone anyway, if corruption is what caused the second kill. 'nothing else it's a deterrent. Or if we wanna bank on no more corruption-eaters.
In post 1701, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I wanna see what Redtea has to say about all this before i place my vote again. He's like my clear minded soulmate.
UNVOTE:
I wonder what it says about both of us that I don't think anyone has called me anything close to "clear minded", ever.

Spoiler: @banana pro-tip
In post 1696, BananaCucho wrote:
In post 1694, catboi wrote:
In post 1691, BananaCucho wrote:Lamisty?
"Look At Me I'm So Townie"-y
Man your guy's lexicon is so awesome I want to steal all of these
if you search online "mafiascum" + term you'll usually find a link to a wiki page about it (or the commonly used abbreviations page, in which case ctrl-f)
almost always i'll find it. Earlier someone used a term i couldn't find anything about which is why i asked, but i find it's pretty rare i don't.
*Old account here
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:59 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1748, Porkens wrote:@ banana: their voting yes have been all over the place and seem much lorenonterestedbin just wagoning than using it to find scum. The Parkinson’s also pretty egreigious. The reaction to the bell flip was textbook scum and the vote record was baaaad. Also I think their tone and approach are pretty obviously scum.

I’m not afraid of hammering yesterday because I thought I was hammering scum.
What the fuck are you talking about?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:02 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Like, you genuinely sound like an insane rambling man right now Porkens. And i don't understand your read on me at all, nor how you came up with it naturally.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:06 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

It's either Jackel or Porkens today for me. Starbuck looks a bit better compared to those two since she's actually playing the game coherently.

- Bunno
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:13 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1752, redtea wrote:This isn't a bad thought, but it would take us 2 nights to kill someone, and if maf have that same corruption eating-ability our attempts could be
fruitless
hehehe

Might be safe to double up on someone anyway, if corruption is what caused the second kill. 'nothing else it's a deterrent. Or if we wanna bank on no more corruption-eaters.
If they have other roles with the ability to steal corruption they'll need to take it from people who already have it, which is a tradeoff I'm fine with
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:28 am

Post by catboi »

Have the weird feeling jackel might be town from the "i still have 0 corruption" post even though that thing isn't impossible to fake it feels more likely a thing they'd think of as town. but then I have no idea who else could be scum.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:31 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 1749, BananaCucho wrote:Can you elaborate on some bits there? How is the reaction textbook scum? What do you dislike about their vote record?
Their reaction seemed very contrived to me. Like they were hiding their real reaction and trying to have a “natural town like reaction”

Their votes have been all over the place with very little substantive justifications.

Catboi is actually scummier today, the posts he makes are fake-speculative and There are some real contradictions.

VOTE: catboi
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:34 am

Post by BananaCucho »

In post 1758, Porkens wrote:
In post 1749, BananaCucho wrote:Can you elaborate on some bits there? How is the reaction textbook scum? What do you dislike about their vote record?
Their reaction seemed very contrived to me. Like they were hiding their real reaction and trying to have a “natural town like reaction”

Their votes have been all over the place with very little substantive justifications.

Catboi is actually scummier today, the posts he makes are fake-speculative and There are some real contradictions.

VOTE: catboi
What contradictions?
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:39 am

Post by Dumb and Dumber »

VOTE: porkens

- dumber
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:39 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 1702, catboi wrote:This is a wacky thought but: it's possible the other demons share a similar condition to Bell of dying at 0 corruption. I think we might want to have both cleric claims double up on their target tonight.
In post 1718, catboi wrote:I re-read D+D's ISO and don't have anything concrete to come back with, I had been avoiding fully writing them off as town. Can't point to anything they've said that's bad, no real strong towntells, but there's some okayish attempts at evaluating and a little bit of flip-flopping on bell's claim I actually like because it feels like real evaluation. Gun to head I'd probably just guess they're town. Wouldn't vote them before porkens or jackel but would put them below the strong townreads.

A thing that's bothersome about porkens's claim that no one has brought up is how he has an ability that raises his corruption but apparently had no problem hammering on day 1, it doesn't really seem to hold that he'd be so cavalier about corruption when it potentially reduces the amount of times he could use his ability.
In post 1757, catboi wrote:Have the weird feeling jackel might be town from the "i still have 0 corruption" post even though that thing isn't impossible to fake it feels more likely a thing they'd think of as town. but then I have no idea who else could be scum.
Note the moral flexibility on corruption. Scum/townreads don’t flow logically or naturally from the predicate
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:39 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 1760, Dumb and Dumber wrote:VOTE: porkens

- dumber
Yep and the partner. Ok game solved everybody we can all go home now.
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:41 am

Uh huh
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:42 am

Post by BananaCucho »

Moral flexability? Expand on that, because I don't know what you mean. I don't see contradictions in those posts regarding corruption?
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:42 am

Post by BananaCucho »

In post 1762, Porkens wrote:
In post 1760, Dumb and Dumber wrote:VOTE: porkens

- dumber
Yep and the partner. Ok game solved everybody we can all go home now.
So Norwee is town now?

I also voted you, am I also their partner?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:46 am

Post by Porkens »

Is sarcasm not your native language or what?
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:47 am

Post by BananaCucho »

In post 1766, Porkens wrote:Is sarcasm not your native language or what?
You actually scumread DD though

How is it sarcastic if you actually believe it?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:49 am

Post by Porkens »

You are just not conversing in good faith.

Still, I don’t think banana is scum. No think banana is an immaculate radiant and benign force for good in the universe, for
sure[/].

I “110%” have called scum between norwee\dumb\catboi

I was dead right on bell and I’m right here again.
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:49 am

He's pushing two of the towniest players in the game (cat, nor), and his pushes are so far removed from the reality of the gamestate that i'm having a hard time seeing it come from a town perspective
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:49 am

Post by BananaCucho »

In post 1599, Dumb and Dumber wrote:
In post 1063, Bell wrote:VOTE: Starbuck

E-2 I think.
This loosely makes me think not-partners

Meh

VOTE: porkens for now until i can do a deeper dive

- dumber
In post 1602, Dumb and Dumber wrote:VOTE: star

Actually nm
@DD can you walk me through your thought process here? What made you change your mind?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:50 am

Post by Porkens »

Watch how he insinuates himself into your townreads.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:50 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 1769, Dumb and Dumber wrote:He's pushing two of the towniest players in the game (cat, nor), and his pushes are so far removed from the reality of the gamestate that i'm having a hard time seeing it come from a town perspective
I am not a slave to the gamestate!
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:52 am

Post by BananaCucho »

In post 1768, Porkens wrote:You are just not conversing in good faith.

Still, I don’t think banana is scum. No think banana is an immaculate radiant and benign force for good in the universe, for
sure[/].

I “110%” have called scum between norwee\dumb\catboi

I was dead right on bell and I’m right here again.
Not conversing in good faith? Really? I'm asking you to explain things, like expand on catbois "moral flexability" as I don't understand what you're trying to say, and you're just throwing in sarcastic and snarky remarks the whole way
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:54 am

This head is a she, btw

I took a quick skim at bell's iso and saw the star vote
My first thought was anti-partner-y, so voted for the second-best scumread

And then as i thought about it some more, I realized that given bell's positioning in the game (probable deepwolf), voting an E-2 vote on a badly positioned partner (i.e. star who's still done nothing townie this whole game) isnt clearing, and can p easily be a distancing vote

The time between the two posts ia like a handful of minutes, i was kinda thinking of all of that as i wrote those posts

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”