SJReaver
Goon
SJReaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:40 am

Post by SJReaver »

That's why I called it opportunistic.

If Norway had been calm, there'd be no reason to expect an emotional reaction from a second vote.
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:43 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

The fact is that scum are more likely to be emotional about small wagons than town. Town are able to shift focus and still scumhunt elsewhere. As of now, it seems that Norway's only ambition is to get the focus off of him.
Mafia Record: Town 4-3 Mafia 0-1 Third Party 1-0 Total 5-4
"NPOM you can do apparently whatever the fuck you want this game." - Alduskkel

Wiki: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... owerOverMe
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:53 am

Post by superbowl9 »

CSF because he said it was staged why would SvT stage an argument
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:11 am

Post by Town looter »

I am mostly caught up, but skimmed a lot...
Spoiler: Fluff
In post 204, Nero Cain wrote:here's my conclusion. Anime avatars are horrible.
+1
In post 171, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 169, Lapsa wrote:I like jokes. Jokes are very funny.
you know what I like? lynching LQ on d1.
Oooh, yes, LQ schooled me good in the game I played with them.
In post 167, superbowl9 wrote: Ah yes, the scum distancing on pg 5 of a large game strat.
In post 170, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 147, stan1ey wrote:Ya this Marshall wagon sucks
use your words. It sucks b/c ?????
In post 165, stan1ey wrote:This argument between you two feels forced af
Is this scum playing both ends in the middle? He's basically accusing norway and super of scum theatre but was careful not to outright say that. Am I the only one that got this impression?
I agree with these trains of thought.
In post 239, NoPowerOverMe wrote:town looter is a good wagon.
Why do you say that?
In post 284, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Anyway let's stop talking about that. It will just waste time.
I'm reconsidering Stan based on NPOM's statement on them so i'll go back here for now. VOTE: Bell
In addition to aforementioned discussion on Norwegian's reactions, he also put a vote on someone who has gone VLA. That doesn't seem very productive in a large game.
VOTE: Norwegian
signature
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:27 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

It's less good now that you are voting Norway.
Mafia Record: Town 4-3 Mafia 0-1 Third Party 1-0 Total 5-4
"NPOM you can do apparently whatever the fuck you want this game." - Alduskkel

Wiki: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... owerOverMe
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:18 pm

Post by Bell »

I’m in a sort of vla limbo. I’m still here. I’m just doing it cause I might suddenly not be able to keep up with the game and am limited to phone posting. I’m not sure if this really qualifies as a vla.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:19 pm

Post by Bell »

At the very least, i’ll Post at night at my hotel.
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:19 pm

Post by Glitch »

In post 52, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 39, Pickaxe Pete wrote:VOTE: RozyRoz

One balloon for you.
In post 42, Pickaxe Pete wrote:I see people.
Light townread on Pickaxe Pete because he actually tries to generate AI discussion and ignores the NAI stuff
This is some major bullshit. I wish I could have been here when your wagon was alive and strong so I could bolster it with my vote as well. When confronted on this by CSF and Bell, let's take a look at this:
In post 110, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:Voting with a line meant to be replied to, and not taking part to the discussion about theory that took over the thread for some posts. Not saying his posts are legendary, but they are still better than Superbowl's, for example.
This line of thinking does not make sense whatsoever. I know that you have not been active since post 115 but when you return please answer the question posed to you by CSF here in response to your 110:
In post 120, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I don't follow. Which line by Pickaxe Pete warranted a response...? Like aside from you who quoted his posts to give him a townlean, no one even bothered to respond to Pete's posts.

This feels like a contrived read. More votes on Marshmallow plz n ty.
---
In post 144, Town looter wrote:For me it's because I threw a tiny amount of shade at superbowl as a bit of a reaction test and got two small nibbles.
Is this what you're talking about when you said you threw a tiny bit of shade at superbowl? How is this throwing a tiny bit of shade? This is the only time you've addressed SB in the game:
In post 47, Town looter wrote:
In post 45, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 43, Town looter wrote:Unless there is good evidence of lurking, no. Mis-elimming an active slot will generally tell us more than a mis-elim on an inactive slot. This obviously only applies to early game, activity will be a useful source of information later in the game because of how easy it is to fly below the radar.
Disagree low activity players are better for scum to have around.
Elimming a high activity slot just for info is not a good idea
That's really not what I said though, was it...
Can you please clarify: where did you throw a tiny bit of shade on SB, and where was MM's response to that which made you decide to vote for him? Who was the other person who took your "bait?" This seems like a really weak argument worthy of voting for because I don't see anything indicating that you actually threw shade at SB and especially don't see anywhere where MM gave a reaction to that. And yet somehow MM gave enough reaction to vote for him?

---
In post 165, stan1ey wrote:This argument between you two feels forced af
Stan, can you please define, in as much detail as you possibly can,
exactly
what you meant and exactly what you were trying to communicate by using the term, "forced af?"

---

Did we just completely ignore the fact that 72 came in and voted 4 different times on page 9? What the hell was that, 72?

---
In post 278, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 277, SJReaver wrote:Can we go back to Norwegian though? I'm interested in if you're scum-reading him.
I'm not really understanding why a naked vote is getting everybody up in arms. I'm not really hard scumreading him or anything but I had a little niggle and I didn't really want to leave my vote empty after I got off Stan. Its been a while but I vaguely recall norway proclaiming himself as town ad nasuem when he was scum.
In post 16, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Good thing i'm green☆
In post 118, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I’M TOWN!
assuming that I remembered correctly then that seems p similar to his scum game.
Why are you unable to see that your naked vote on Norway was sketchy at best? This whole page 10-11 interaction where you're defending your naked vote is really poor. When pushed to explain, the best you've got is to quote two posts from Norway that are super clearly sarcastic and not to be taken as AI? Additionally, your case that Norway is scummy because he wants to know why you're voting him is bad. Everyone would want to know why you cast a vote for them if you just did so out of the blue with no explanation whatsoever. It feels like you set up a trap for him: you know Norway is talkative and expressive and posts a lot. Are you scum taking advantage of that who set up Norway with a naked vote to inquire why you voted him, and then you smeared his playstyle calling him hyper defensive when he simply wanted you to explain why you voted for him? You tried to make him look bad for wanting to understand and wanting you to clarify your vote. Why is it bad that Norway wants you to give information on your vote? I thought you were an advocate of not keeping information to yourself but sharing it with the rest of the world, according to this:
In post 182, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 180, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 176, superbowl9 wrote:Do you just not understand the concept of keeping information to yourself so you can greater benefit lol?
oh, you are one of those players :/
Nah not necessarily. Transparency is powerful but it's also a game of information. If you just put everything out there 100% of the time you will lose your advantage.
In post 187, Nero Cain wrote:I strongly disagree but its game theory so no point in arguing about it and cluttering up the thread. Lets lynch stan or at least talk about him. What is even that fuzzy alien avatar?
VOTE: Nero Cain

---

If something doesn't change we're PL'ing Lapsa before long.
Fwesnid
Fwesnid
Townie
Fwesnid
Townie
Townie

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:53 pm

Post by Fwesnid »

In post 62, SJReaver wrote:
In post 60, Fwesnid wrote: Yes there are exactly 16 town, and exactly 5 mafia of one faction.

Full and odd-night vigilantes should almost always be shooting night 1. X-shot is pretty situational.

superbowl's two recent posts ping.
Actually answering my question. Thanks!

Why do the posts 'ping?' That's pretty ambiguous.
They seemed unnatural to me.

In post 85, Town looter wrote:
In post 60, Fwesnid wrote:
@Mod It should be 11 to lynch, I'm voting for Bell while Glitch is not, and superbowl is voting for Glitch.

In post 11, SJReaver wrote: This is my first game out of the newbie forum. Question: "The townvmafia numbers are confirmed to be 16v5," so this is definitely two factions? No worrying about more than one mafia or a serial killer?
Yes there are exactly 16 town, and exactly 5 mafia of one faction.

Full and odd-night vigilantes should almost always be shooting night 1. X-shot is pretty situational.

superbowl's two recent posts ping.
I might be chasing at shadows, but how do you know there is only one faction? The information that I can see specifies 5 mafia. Does that specifically exclude a group of 2 and a group of 3?
This is a weird question if you've read the op.
It states a 16v5 not a 16v3v2.

In post 144, Town looter wrote:For me it's because I threw a tiny amount of shade at superbowl as a bit of a reaction test and got two small nibbles.
And it's inherently scummy to agree with you because...?
Maybe I'm missing something but that's how I interpret it.

In post 354, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I'm currently town on both Nero and Norway, since their play reminds me of their towngames. NPOM is prob town too, but shouldn't be listened to
My top townread is catscratch since this is voicing what I was thinking while reading though wasn't very confident on.
I'm also just liking their posting in general, specifically the questions she chooses to ask.

@Glitch I was the other person who took the 'bait' by saying
In post 60, Fwesnid wrote: superbowl's two recent posts ping.
ManateeDude
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:11 pm

Post by ManateeDude »

VC1.05

With 21 alive it takes 11 to eliminate

Bell: (2)
Fwesnid, Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall (4):
SJReaver, Cat Scratch Fever, Bell, Lapsa
superbowl9 (2):
stan1ey, 72offsuit
stan1ey (2):
superbowl9, NorwegianBoyEE
NorwegianBoyEE (3):
Nero Cain, NoPowerOverMe, Town looter
Nero Cain (1):
Glitch

Not Voting:
LicketyQuickety, Littlefinger, Rozyroz, popopopopopopo, ralph217, Ganelon, Pickaxe Pete

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-08-24 16:00:00)

Mod Notes:
  1. ralph217, Rozyroz and Littlefinger have yet to confirm their role PMs. Searching for replacements.
  2. I'm counting votes without a bot so please let me know if I've made any mistakes
  3. Bell V/LA till monday
Last edited by ManateeDude on Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
manatee not-a-dude (manateegal or just manatee works!!)
purgatory is in hell phase 2
Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:08 pm

Post by Lapsa »

In post 385, ManateeDude wrote:
Town looter (1):
NoPowerOverMe
@ManateeDude this one's wrong
abcedminded
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:30 pm

Post by Bell »

I like my Marshall vote.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:32 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 377, NoPowerOverMe wrote:The fact is that scum are more likely to be emotional about small wagons than town.
I agree with you in theory that scum would be more worried about a wagon on them than town but there's something (chemtrails lawl) these days that's making people overly emotional. I don't really fault Norway for asking why I voted him but I dislike his ad hom attack afterward. Some of the things he's saying like "I don't care about playing like town" make my head scratch.

As of now, it seems that Norway's only ambition is to get the focus off of him.
it is a bit confusing how he was like "lets talk about someone else!" but when pressed on it his responce was "any1 but me." but he's voting bell, wouldn't he want the focus on the guy that he's voting?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:34 pm

Post by Bell »

It could be a paranoia vote.
I used to stick my vote on players I felt were good at manipulating me early game.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:35 pm

Post by Bell »

Until I got actual reads anyway.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:39 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

OMGUS and all but Glitch is scum.
In post 383, Glitch wrote:This is some major bullshit. I wish I could have been here when your wagon was alive and strong so I could bolster it with my vote as well.
instead of voting the guy that that's the leading wagon that you CLAIM you are ok with you plop down a vanity vote?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:40 pm

Post by Bell »

You do feel very townie nero.
Do you like town blocks? Do you like gambling?
Wanna join my town block? (Town only).
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:48 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 392, Bell wrote:Do you like town blocks?
eh

I'm mostly indiffrent.

Do you like gambling?
fuck yes!

Wanna join my town block? (Town only).
eh.....

have you talked about norway yet? if not can you gimmie some words? Stan?

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:50 pm

Post by Bell »

I have no feelings on Stan whatsoever.
I’m in watch mode on Norwe, they seem kinda burdened by a scum role pm, but maybe it’s just that the game is big
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:53 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Why, in your opinion, does he seem burded by a scum pm?

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:54 pm

Post by Bell »

He seems a bit negative.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:55 pm

Post by Bell »

Also, he didn’t use the color green when he said he was town.
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:24 pm

Post by Glitch »

The difference in a 4 vote wagon and a 5 vote wagon in this game is literally so miniscule that it makes no difference, especially when one of those votes is Lapsa. The MM wagon will continue to die down until MM comes back on and responds to the investigation kicked off by CSF and reminded by me in my post above. If his response is shitty then I'm all for building a serious wagon then. But let's not pretend that 3 votes + Lapsa is a remarkable wagon opportunity to pass up. It's not.

I love a good, strong wagon. The MM wagon is not one as it stands and my vote remains more useful on you.

So far today I'll be cool with serious wagons forming on Nero, MM depending on response, or Norway. I won't be voting Superbowl or NPOM as they are my highest TRs, CSF is almost up to that same peak tier.

Bell why does Nero feel townie to you?
Nero, why are you hesitant to accept the town block invitation?
Popopo, have you not shown up yet because of the vote tag rule? :lol:
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:27 pm

Post by Bell »

You’re right, it isn’t a remarkable opportunity to pass up.
It’s a remarkable opportunity to take.

~Nero~Upfront, communicative, active, trying to push out of rvs.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”