superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:36 am

Post by superbowl9 »

Had a feeling the MM omgus was coming if I waited long enough :)
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Land Down Under... Where women glow and men thunder

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:03 am

Post by 72offsuit »

Nine, ten, eleven o'clock, twelve o'clock, rock

We're gonna rock around the clock tonight…
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:16 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 440, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 346, superbowl9 wrote:I don't see scum in this top 5/6 teir of the activity list btw
Risk/reward of being that active this early in the game is not very favorable
There are 5 scum. You seriously think all 5 are going to be low/medium posters and just allow town to form a town-block. Yeah nah
Yes that's what I said. You think there's a town block in the top 5 LMAO??? We've been at each other's throats
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:18 am

Post by superbowl9 »

I think MM's spew is kinda IIoAy
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:19 am

Post by superbowl9 »

Not in the traditional way but more in the just put out a bunch of basic level argumentation thats really low hanging fruit type of way if you get me - not saying it's AI yet
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:28 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 438, Town looter wrote:Bleh, just as I was starting to get a gut scum feeling about Superbowl (SB), MM throws a proper case together and is going to make it look like I am sheeping (for the 2nd or 3rd time in this game :neutral:).

My read started after re-reading the Stanley interaction. I think Scum!SB genuinely thinks it's a good case that he can latch onto and look like he is scumhunting. And it kind of is, except for the fact that there absolutely could be a SvT interaction that "feels" forced (I take Stanley's response as a throw-away gut feeling after reading - I have made similar statements): Scum could be doing the forcing, which gives the conversation a forced feel overall. Given I have a mild town read on Stan, I am willing to trust his gut in this.

Then there is the reluctance to respond openly, which could be scum motivated as the information may not exist.

And then the response to mis-quoting in ; later you say you were going to respond, but your initial response doesn't really add up. I think a more natural town response would be to respond to , probably in a slightly flustered way given you mis-posted.

All very minor things, but they all add up.

I also am getting town vibes from Nero (and NoPowerOverMe, which will matter in a second). Trusting these vibes puts a question mark over Glitch. And where are you in Glitch's reads? Right where a scum partner would be. I know it is absurd looking for associations prior to a single flip. But like I say, the little things are adding up.
Spoiler:
In post 398, Glitch wrote:The difference in a 4 vote wagon and a 5 vote wagon in this game is literally so miniscule that it makes no difference, especially when one of those votes is Lapsa. The MM wagon will continue to die down until MM comes back on and responds to the investigation kicked off by CSF and reminded by me in my post above. If his response is shitty then I'm all for building a serious wagon then. But let's not pretend that 3 votes + Lapsa is a remarkable wagon opportunity to pass up. It's not.

I love a good, strong wagon. The MM wagon is not one as it stands and my vote remains more useful on you.

So far today I'll be cool with serious wagons forming on Nero, MM depending on response, or Norway. I won't be voting Superbowl or NPOM as they are my highest TRs, CSF is almost up to that same peak tier.

Bell why does Nero feel townie to you?
Nero, why are you hesitant to accept the town block invitation?
Popopo, have you not shown up yet because of the vote tag rule? :lol:

VOTE: Superbowl
Why do you think stanley is good for scum me to latch onto over town me? What has stanley done to give you a townread?

It sounds to me like your case is "well scum superbowl
could
have done all of these things!" I hope I don't have to tell you that's a bad case.

For the misquote thing I was on mobile and hit the quote button to respond, then changed my mind because I assessed it as not too big of a deal to respond to, you're saying I should have been flustered by it and responded immediately? Maybe I just don't get flustered because I'm built different :cool:
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:30 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 446, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:There are two possibilities: either Offsuit is a pretty OMGUSsy townie, or they're scum throwing shade at me.
Oh the irony
SJReaver
SJReaver
Goon
SJReaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:39 am

Post by SJReaver »

In post 335, NoPowerOverMe wrote:Norway is scum. I'm not moving my vote for the rest of the day.
I gave you the benefit of the doubt but this is bullshit.

You didn't test Norway for reactivity, you targeted a poster you already knew tended to react to things and are now spinning that reaction into proof of being mafia. I mentioned at the beginning of the game that Norway was a good scum player, and I think you're trying to capitalize on townie paranoia of being tricked by good scum players.

Even if you did think Norway might be scum, there's no way you'd be 100% sure this early and planting your vote here means less pressure on real mafia. It's a safe way to look like you're scumhunting while contributing little.

VOTE: NoPowerOverMe
SJReaver
SJReaver
Goon
SJReaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:51 am

Post by SJReaver »

I read Nero and Bell as strong town.

I want to town read Glitch, but I'm lazy and for some reason when I read his posts, my eyes start to glaze over. I'll give him light town points and hope someone else points out if he's scummy.

72, Townlooter, Cat Scratch, and superbowl are all light town reads as well.

I expect more people to read 72 as scum the more he posts, but I went through a newbie game where he was miseliminated, and tends to be all over the place.
SJReaver
SJReaver
Goon
SJReaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:57 am

Post by SJReaver »

Oh right, my possible scum pool is fuzzy alien, penis dude, MM, and David Bowie.

Who else is in this game? Lickity and Balloon Pete. They're null.
Pickaxe Pete
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:47 am

Post by Pickaxe Pete »

Stuff to comment on, but I'm super lazy today. And yesterday. Actually, been trying to catch up on work.

@ManateeDude can you fix please?
Pickaxe Pete
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:54 am

Post by Pickaxe Pete »

In post 389, Bell wrote:It could be a paranoia vote.
I used to stick my vote on players I felt were good at manipulating me early game.
Are you talking about your Marshmallow vote or the NoPowerOverMe vote referenced in the post above yours?

And why did you feel the need in to state that you like your Marshmallow vote?
Pickaxe Pete
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:58 am

Post by Pickaxe Pete »

In post 346, superbowl9 wrote:I don't see scum in this top 5/6 teir of the activity list btw
There are 5 scum. You seriously think all 5 are going to be low/medium posters and just allow town to form a town-block. Yeah nah
I agree.

On first read through of last 15 pages, superbowl isn't looking too good to me.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:01 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 459, SJReaver wrote:Oh right, my possible scum pool is fuzzy alien, penis dude, MM, and David Bowie.
Can you use regular names or something recognizable from their name? I can’t keep up with a lot of personalized pet nicknames in a 20+ game.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:03 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

You can call me Norwee though. Since i’ve been the center of attention just now it shouldn’t be an issue.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Pickaxe Pete
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:46 am

Post by Pickaxe Pete »

In post 452, superbowl9 wrote:
Yes that's what I said. You think there's a town block in the top 5 LMAO??? We've been at each other's throats
I don't think that's what you said.
SJReaver
SJReaver
Goon
SJReaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:26 am

Post by SJReaver »

In post 463, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 459, SJReaver wrote:Oh right, my possible scum pool is fuzzy alien, penis dude, MM, and David Bowie.
Can you use regular names or something recognizable from their name? I can’t keep up with a lot of personalized pet nicknames in a 20+ game.
I can't keep up with all the real names in a 20+ game.

Stanley, Marshmellow, Lapid, NoPowerOverMe
SJReaver
SJReaver
Goon
SJReaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:38 am

Post by SJReaver »

In post 461, Pickaxe Pete wrote:
And why did you feel the need in to state that you like your Marshmallow vote?
More phrase echoing.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:55 am

Post by Nero Cain »

maybe? I've played with Stan and I think he's lynch bait. The reason why he could be scum is a decent reason but then part of me is like "eh....if I tilt my head slightly I could maybe understand him..." Like, alot of times when there are arguments in this game ppl do one or more of the following. A.( call it TvT B.( Call it pointless C.( write it off as trolling and part of me thinks he was just doing B and used a really really bad word choice. But even if he's scum he's caught and there are 4 others.

don't really think so.

I'll reread him and get back to you.

maybe but prob not. His posting really really blows and its not hard to see why he could be scum but I expect him to have the same low impact hollow posting regardless of alignment. Was also town reading him previously so yeah...

Glitch is prob scum though. Firstly, everything he said about my vote on Norway is absolute bullshit. There's a decent amount of scum motivation to chainsaw defend and buddy up to Norway but the kicker for me is that he said he's consider lynching Norway today. This coming from a guy that supposedly thinks I'm scum makes no sense at all.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:58 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 468, Nero Cain wrote:Glitch is prob scum though. Firstly, everything he said about my vote on Norway is absolute bullshit. There's a decent amount of scum motivation to chainsaw defend and buddy up to Norway but the kicker for me is that he said he's consider lynching Norway today. This coming from a guy that supposedly thinks I'm scum makes no sense at all.
Between the two, i'd probably scumread NPOM before Nero. So i agree Glitch's read on you seems a bit exaggerated.

- Bunno
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:01 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Eh.....

I guess you could argue that Lapsa is flying under the radar but I'm not gung ho about him being scum. I don't think I'd fight the wagon though.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:02 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 469, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Between the two, i'd probably scumread NPOM before Nero.
Why would you scumread me at all? Is this just delayed OMGUS?

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:03 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 471, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 469, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Between the two, i'd probably scumread NPOM before Nero.
Why would you scumread me at all? Is this just delayed OMGUS?
No, not at all.
I guess a better way of saying it would be i think your town, while NPOM is lesser town/nullish

- Bunno
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:04 am

Post by Nero Cain »

this is like the second time you've town read someone and then called them scum after they called you scum or critisized you or something.

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:07 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

When was the first time? :?

- Bunno

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”