they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:11 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 948, Lapsa wrote:
In post 915, JacksonVirgo wrote: Terrible response to that
If you got attention span of a gold fish.
??
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:17 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

virgo y aren't you voting Glitch?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
SJReaver
SJReaver
Goon
SJReaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:18 pm

Post by SJReaver »

Someone was supposed to ask 'but Reaver, why did you vote for 72?'

Thank you for asking, I shall tell you!

From my perspective, they had a single disagreement with superbowl over something NAI, voted them, and then picked up on things superbowl said afterwards to paint them as suspicious. This looks a lot like someone slipping onto a wagon after an actual townie and trying to blend in.
In post 220, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 152, superbowl9 wrote:Do you have anything else on Bell besides that he's lamisting? Convince me i'm wrong :)
This comes from scum more often than it comes from town.
If anyone wants to wagon superbowl, I'm on it.
In post 221, 72offsuit wrote:Meh, if you want something done well, do it yourself.

UNVOTE: Bell
VOTE: Superbowl
^ said this after Stanley already voted for superbowl. In a later post added 'beat me to the punch' as though he didn't see the vote.
In post 640, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 452, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 440, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 346, superbowl9 wrote:I don't see scum in this top 5/6 teir of the activity list btw
Risk/reward of being that active this early in the game is not very favorable
There are 5 scum. You seriously think all 5 are going to be low/medium posters and just allow town to form a town-block. Yeah nah
Yes that's what I said. You think there's a town block in the top 5 LMAO??? We've been at each other's throats
There's no way someone with a town mindest would misinterpret what I meant.
Let me break it down.

1. You say "I don't see scum in this top 5/6 teir of the activity list btw"
2. I disagree. I say it's highly unlikely that all the top volume posters are town, on the premise alone that scum would not allow town to dictate the game's trajectory by mostly just lurking. If there are active town posters, scum will usually interject and derail unless there is TvT aggro.
3. You say "You think there's a town block in the top 5 LMAO?"
4. That is clearly not what I said.

More votes on superbowl required

Choo Choo Choo!
"There is no way someone with a town mindset..." gives me pings. One of the things I learned in my first game was that townies have vastly different mindsets and ways of looking at things. I've read through 72's previous games and he's typically the person with the unusual mindset.

While I'm at it, I think it's clear what superbowl meant. Superbowl sees the most active posters as 'at each others throats.' As he assumes they're townie, the idea that they'd form a town block and need to be derailed strikes him as funny.

Could he have worded that better? Yes. But it's not hard to suss out his meaning with a second of reflection. This suggests 72 either had already decided to find superbowl's post 'scummy' or that he's too cognitively occupied to parse the comment. I consider this a possible scum trait--as a townie, we try to get into the heads of others. Scum already know who is townie and who is a baddie, so they're attempting to fake it.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:23 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 952, Nero Cain wrote:virgo y aren't you voting Glitch?
Should I be? :O

What do I get if I do ;)

wiki // GTKAS
SJReaver
SJReaver
Goon
SJReaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:24 pm

Post by SJReaver »

In post 949, Hiraki wrote:
In post 947, Bell wrote:Well, try again.
I don't (feel well about JV's alignment) but I definitely do not (fell well about Bell's alignment)

Happy?
Bell is my strongest town read right now. In our previous game we were masons together and he acted just like this.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:25 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 955, SJReaver wrote:
In post 949, Hiraki wrote:
In post 947, Bell wrote:Well, try again.
I don't (feel well about JV's alignment) but I definitely do not (fell well about Bell's alignment)

Happy?
Bell is my strongest town read right now. In our previous game we were masons together and he acted just like this.
How is "like this"

wiki // GTKAS
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:26 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

not really scumreading SJR but I was a bit fisapointed that she didn't repond to this
In post 468, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 459, SJReaver wrote:Oh right, my possible scum pool is fuzzy alien, penis dude, MM, and David Bowie.
maybe? I've played with Stan and I think he's lynch bait. The reason why he could be scum is a decent reason but then part of me is like "eh....if I tilt my head slightly I could maybe understand him..." Like, alot of times when there are arguments in this game ppl do one or more of the following. A.( call it TvT B.( Call it pointless C.( write it off as trolling and part of me thinks he was just doing B and used a really really bad word choice. But even if he's scum he's caught and there are 4 others.

don't really think so.

I'll reread him and get back to you.

maybe but prob not. His posting really really blows and its not hard to see why he could be scum but I expect him to have the same low impact hollow posting regardless of alignment. Was also town reading him previously so yeah...

Glitch is prob scum though. Firstly, everything he said about my vote on Norway is absolute bullshit. There's a decent amount of scum motivation to chainsaw defend and buddy up to Norway but the kicker for me is that he said he's consider lynching Norway today. This coming from a guy that supposedly thinks I'm scum makes no sense at all.
In post 470, Nero Cain wrote:Eh.....

I guess you could argue that Lapsa is flying under the radar but I'm not gung ho about him being scum. I don't think I'd fight the wagon though.
nothing much has really changed but I'd back to being fully onboard a stan lynch.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:27 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 954, JacksonVirgo wrote:What do I get if I do
my undying gratitude and a scum lynch

Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:28 pm

Post by Lapsa »

In post 25, ManateeDude wrote:
Bell: (3)
Glitch, Cat Scratch Fever, NorwegianBoyEE
@ManateeDude this one's wrong
abcedminded
SJReaver
SJReaver
Goon
SJReaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:29 pm

Post by SJReaver »

Very short posts, comes off as pretty confident/arrogant, and makes little snipes at people. He'll be a bit more talkative and open after D1 and D2.

If it makes you feel better, it's possible he doesn't think you're mafia but is simply seeing how you or others respond to his vote.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 826, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 815, Nero Cain wrote:Also I had kinda felt like Glitch's hesitation @ joining the MM wagon made MM somewhat likely to be town. What do you think about that?
Sorry but can you link me to this post? I don't remember this
In post 383, Glitch wrote:I wish I could have been here when your wagon was alive and strong so I could bolster it with my vote as well
it was also ??? b/c the wagon was a fairly strong 4 votes so IDK why he's acting like it was gone and dead. And even if it was dead (or thought it was dead) he could have tried to restart it

So he didn't vote MM b/c ????

FMPOV, a vote on a growing wagon just moves the game along and intentionally not moving the game foreward is scummy to me.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:31 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 960, SJReaver wrote:Very short posts, comes off as pretty confident/arrogant, and makes little snipes at people. He'll be a bit more talkative and open after D1 and D2.

If it makes you feel better, it's possible he doesn't think you're mafia but is simply seeing how you or others respond to his vote.
Who is that about?

I Keep Siteflaking
I Keep Siteflaking
Goon
I Keep Siteflaking
Goon
Goon

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:32 pm

Post by I Keep Siteflaking »

In post 881, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 878, Glitch wrote:When asked, "Where does Glitch advocate for lynching y'all," and Nero says, "Right here. Where he wants to wagon us."
Then yes. That's a misrep. I want to wagon. Wagon =/= lynch. It can lead to a lynch. Or it can lead to disbanding the wagon. Why is this controversial?
I mean this is just nitpicking at small semantic differences

The difference between wagoning and lynching isn’t even relevant given the nature of siteflaking’s question
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:36 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 958, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 954, JacksonVirgo wrote:What do I get if I do
my undying gratitude and a scum lynch
Tempting

wiki // GTKAS
I Keep Siteflaking
I Keep Siteflaking
Goon
I Keep Siteflaking
Goon
Goon

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:37 pm

In post 882, SJReaver wrote: I find the most annoying or stupid person in the game is always on my side, so I'll assume you're townie.
The word dowel was used in Middle English; it appears in Wycliffe's Bible translation (circa 1382-1395) in a list of the parts of a wheel: "...and the spokis, and dowlis of tho wheelis..." Cognates with other Germanic languages suggest that the word is much older (deuvel in Dutch, Dübel in German).

Wooden dowels have been used in manufacturing and woodworking for many centuries. One of the earliest documented uses of wooden dowels was in Japanese shrines in AD 690, which were constructed using only wood, wooden dowels and pegs, and interlocking joints. Around AD 1000, Leif Erikson sailed across the North Atlantic in a ship that was largely constructed of overlapping planks held together by wooden dowels and iron nails. The wooden dowels did not rust and thus were more reliable than iron for long expeditions.
SJReaver
SJReaver
Goon
SJReaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:45 pm

Post by SJReaver »

In post 962, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 960, SJReaver wrote:Very short posts, comes off as pretty confident/arrogant, and makes little snipes at people. He'll be a bit more talkative and open after D1 and D2.

Who is that about?
Bell. I was responding to Virgo's question.

I did read your post and mulled over it. I'm leaning more townie on Stanley and will likely hop on the Glitch wagon before it leaves the station.

In post 965, I Keep Siteflaking wrote:
In post 882, SJReaver wrote: I find the most annoying or stupid person in the game is always on my side, so I'll assume you're townie.
The word dowel was used in Middle English; it appears in Wycliffe's Bible translation (circa 1382-1395) in a list of the parts of a wheel: "...and the spokis, and dowlis of tho wheelis..." Cognates with other Germanic languages suggest that the word is much older (deuvel in Dutch, Dübel in German).

Wooden dowels have been used in manufacturing and woodworking for many centuries. One of the earliest documented uses of wooden dowels was in Japanese shrines in AD 690, which were constructed using only wood, wooden dowels and pegs, and interlocking joints. Around AD 1000, Leif Erikson sailed across the North Atlantic in a ship that was largely constructed of overlapping planks held together by wooden dowels and iron nails. The wooden dowels did not rust and thus were more reliable than iron for long expeditions.
SJReaver
SJReaver
Goon
SJReaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:46 pm

Post by SJReaver »

I keep on reading this post. I hope there's no code or anything in it because if there is, I don't get it.
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:48 pm

Post by Marshmallow Marshall »

In post 638, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 636, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:Why is your list made of zero posters AND of active posters (looking at Norwee here) AND of medium-low activity people (like Glitch)?
:?

I don't really understand this. Am I supposed to hunt from only one activity group or something? Also, Norway feels kinda active lurkish compared to early game but I do have town reads of various degrees on most active players.
No, but you asked "how many scum in there", and I don't get why you put the players you put in the list there. Usually, people make that kind of list to "sort by activity", like "how many lurkers are scum", which is why I asked. Guess I misunderstood it. What was the intent behind your post, then?
In post 639, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 637, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:as Norwee isn't really being pushed that much
norway is @ 2 votes.

all of Nero, Glitch, Bell would vote him...prob. If we all voted him we could make him the top wagon. There are maybe others that have expressed suspicion of him and would vote him. I don't think its that far fetched to think the guy could get lynched. But even if its not today its not like there is some statue of limitations on Glitch's accusations so
In post 637, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:And since your case is weak, I think the first quote up there could very well be a deflection from an annoying wagon.
Maybe, maybe not, I don't know
... but I have doubts on Nero now.
Well I have doubts you know what you are talking about. :lol: If you think my reasoning on Glitch is weak fine but I'm doing my job and pushing my top scum read and trying to get town to go in the direction I think it should go. The only 2 other wagons are you and superbowl so you are kinda floating the idea that I am pushing Glitch to deflect from you or SB wagon but are being really really wishy-washy about it? (see bold) So I kinda don't get whats making you have doubts and it feels more like this was intended to litly defend Glitch than actully confront me with something that bothered you.
"Norwee has two votes, but more people could vote him" isn't exactly what I would call a compelling argument. It's far from enough for scummates to think "Hey, we gotta prepare ourselves for the bussing towncred!". As for you "doing your job", well, sure, but I'm doing my job by pointing out that your reasoning is bad lol. Also, I do not exclude a Nero-Superbowl scum team (although I have not specifically looked into it, I think it makes sense both as a team and as individual scums).
As for "wishy-washy", I'm not 100 % sold on what I'm saying because you know, that's what happens when you're a part of the
uninformed
majority ;). You're convincing me that I'm right, though.

VOTE: Nero Cain

Note that I still am pro-Superbowl lynch, but this looks like a good train to start.

~~

Why did the guy with a dark Nepalese flag avatar just post an explaination about the origins of
dowel
?
Norweegian:
I'm changing your name to Marshal Zhukov after watching that video.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:49 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Aight

wiki // GTKAS
I Keep Siteflaking
I Keep Siteflaking
Goon
I Keep Siteflaking
Goon
Goon

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:51 pm

In post 968, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:Why did the guy with a dark Nepalese flag avatar just post an explaination about the origins of dowel?
Because it is annoying.
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:51 pm

Post by Marshmallow Marshall »

In post 961, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 826, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 815, Nero Cain wrote:Also I had kinda felt like Glitch's hesitation @ joining the MM wagon made MM somewhat likely to be town. What do you think about that?
Sorry but can you link me to this post? I don't remember this
In post 383, Glitch wrote:I wish I could have been here when your wagon was alive and strong so I could bolster it with my vote as well
it was also ??? b/c the wagon was a fairly strong 4 votes so IDK why he's acting like it was gone and dead. And even if it was dead (or thought it was dead) he could have tried to restart it

So he didn't vote MM b/c ????

FMPOV, a vote on a growing wagon just moves the game along and intentionally not moving the game foreward is scummy to me.
And how does that make me more likely to be town? If anything, according to your reasoning, it should make me more likely to be scum: if you're right in assuming scum!Glitch, he'd have either defended scum!me indirectly by steering the lynch away from me or deemed that pushing town!me would be a bad idea for reasons unknown. Now obviously, I'm not saying I'm scum, and I don't really see why Glitch would be, either, but I don't get your reasoning.
Norweegian:
I'm changing your name to Marshal Zhukov after watching that video.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:55 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

ok if you aren't scum then why are you up in my grill for corectly reading you?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:56 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I don't really understand why you ae voting me though.

SJReaver
SJReaver
Goon
SJReaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:56 pm

Post by SJReaver »

In post 965, I Keep Siteflaking wrote:
The wo
r
d dow
e
l was used in Middle English; it appears in Wycliffe's Bible translation (circa 1382-1395) in a list of the parts of a wheel: "...and the spokis, and dowlis of tho wheelis..." Cognates with other Germanic languages suggest that the word is much older (deu
ve
l in Dutch, Dübel in Ge
r
man).

Wooden dowels have been used
i
n manufacturing and woodworking for many centurie
s
. One of the e
a
rliest documented uses of
w
ood
e
n dowel
s
was in Japanese shrines in AD 690, which were c
o
nstructed using only wood, wooden dowels and pegs, and interlocking joints. Around AD 1000, Leif Erikson sailed across the North Atlantic in a ship that was largely constructed of overlapping planks held together by wooden dowels and iron nails. The wooden dowels did not rust and thus were
m
ore r
e
liable than iron for long expeditions.
Found it. Ten out of ten breadcrumbing.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”