Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:59 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 907, SJReaver wrote:
In post 904, NoPowerOverMe wrote:I think the phrase is "lock up your daughters"
This does not spark joy.
In post 905, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: Could I interest you in glitch
I want to hear Town Looter's reasoning first.
I'm not really understanding what this has to do with Glitch?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
SJReaver
SJReaver
Goon
SJReaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:03 pm

Post by SJReaver »

Cat wants me to vote for Glitch
My vote is busy right now.
Once I finish with the superbowl wagon, I'll consider Glitch.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:05 pm

Post by Bell »

Reaver is awesome.
Cool post.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:05 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 908, NoPowerOverMe wrote:Okay. I lied about staying on Norway. We need a new wagon.
you could join the Glitch wagon or explain why you aren't.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

I Keep Siteflaking
I Keep Siteflaking
Goon
I Keep Siteflaking
Goon
Goon

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:06 pm

Post by I Keep Siteflaking »

In post 974, SJReaver wrote:
In post 965, I Keep Siteflaking wrote:
In post 882, SJReaver wrote: I find the most annoying or stupid person in the game is always on my side, so I'll assume you're townie.
The wo
r
d dow
e
l was used in Middle English; it appears in Wycliffe's Bible translation (circa 1382-1395) in a list of the parts of a wheel: "...and the spokis, and dowlis of tho wheelis..." Cognates with other Germanic languages suggest that the word is much older (deu
ve
l in Dutch, Dübel in Ge
r
man).

Wooden dowels have been used
i
n manufacturing and woodworking for many centurie
s
. O
n
e of
t
he e
a
rliest documented uses of
w
ood
e
n dowel
s
was in Japanese shrines in AD 690, which were c
o
nstructed using only wood, wooden dowels and pegs, and interlocking joints. Around AD 1000, Leif Erikson sailed across the North Atlantic in a ship that was largely constructed of overlapping planks held together by wooden dowels and iron nails. The wooden dowels did not rust and thus were
m
ore r
e
liable than iron for long expeditions.
Found it. Ten out of ten breadcrumbing.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:07 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

hi bell, im very confused as to why MM is voying me can you help explain.

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:07 pm

Post by Bell »

No, MM is incomprehensible as either alignment.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:09 pm

Post by Bell »

Mile wide gaps and logic and missing the point, not understanding or failing to comprehend nuance is pretty much par for the course.
Misunderstandings ahoy.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:09 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Like lets just say that MM is truth telling and he's town. Since I'm town and I believe Norway to be town he's been pushing nothing but town. Sure town can be that bad but there's alot of scum motivation in pushing only town.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:10 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

about Glitch

Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:14 pm

Post by Marshmallow Marshall »

Spoiler: Hiraki wallpost
In post 897, Hiraki wrote:
In post 612, Nero Cain wrote:he seems to be hinting that he thinks I was bussing norway. it's still weird mostly.
It's even weirder to say pre-flip. Why not flip you Norwee and then flip you and put the nail on the coffin there? Seems like an overall lie to me.

Agreed with MM on 629.
In post 640, 72offsuit wrote:There's no way someone with a town mindest would misinterpret what I meant.
Already stopped reading.

669 is bad.
In post 670, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 666, Glitch wrote:With no flips and 5498674596 players, I am not pushing associations and scum teams. I am pushing individuals.
this is literally scum logic. He's not worried about figuring out the dynamics-he just wants lynches. Unless he thinks Norway and I are scum together he can't think norway and I are both scum and he's like "naw, not worried about that."
This isn't true either.
In post 676, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 669, Glitch wrote:I don't like Norway's motivation this game. He was town in the last game I played with him and his morale was up the whole game. I don't like the whole idea of lowering the player pool being top priority right now even at the cost of town deaths. Seems haphazard and wreckless which isn't the Norway I played with last time.
Are some of you seriously still harping on the argument that: "Suggesting us to vig players is so scummy!!!!" stuff?
Bingo.

Took you guys waaaay too long to hop on Glitch.
In post 689, Bell wrote:Rigidly narrow like that blue arrow
?
In post 731, NoPowerOverMe wrote:
In post 648, Lapsa wrote:It has to be 2 vigilante setup. I see no other way around it.
Rolefishing much?

Fos lapsa
I agree with this. Not sure where it came from. Thought I missed something.

My town equity in Looter went down the more I read 730.
In post 734, Lapsa wrote:
In post 731, NoPowerOverMe wrote:
In post 648, Lapsa wrote:It has to be 2 vigilante setup. I see no other way around it.
Rolefishing much?

Fos lapsa
Even scum syntax theory is miles better than that.
Why even mention it though? That's the problem. It came out of the blue for no reason. You heard vig and decided to say "WELL WAIT GUYS, THERE'S PROBABLY
VIGS!" Why??
In post 831, NoPowerOverMe wrote:Glad to know Hiraki has it all figured out.
Thanks.
In post 835, Bell wrote:It’s one of those ambiguous posts where it could be scum telling hiraki he’s totally wrong, totally right, a put down for semi arrogant wording, Or just a denial that he’s scum and making fun of Hiraki for it.
Either way, not helpful and just weird in taste.
In post 843, NoPowerOverMe wrote:Town, however, should come from an uninformed perspective and his opening has me questioning that.
Do you want to elaborate or just speak progressively weirder? I'm fine with either.
In post 848, NoPowerOverMe wrote:The binary language seems like he came in with a certain idea of who he wanted to eliminate or not eliminate.
Lol.
In post 857, Town looter wrote:Hiraki, keen to hear where you finally land on Glitch once you have fully caught up. BoP coming your way buddy.
What is a BoP? I intend to vote him for reasons that have nothing to do with what is currently being said. Don't know if need to elaborate on them.
In post 862, Glitch wrote:
In post 830, Hiraki wrote:In post 314, superbowl9 wrote:
Also dude naked voting someone and saying aha you reacted is the worst possible reaction test of all time

Not what happened and also wrong.
How is this not what happened?
Pretty great answer here:
In post 316, Nero Cain wrote:i mean, it wasn't really a reaction test. Do you feel like the level of agression that he's sending my way is justified?
In post 888, superbowl9 wrote:Hiraki pls don't continue with your catchup you're not helping anyone in the thread by quoting and saying "bad"
Stay mad.
In post 890, Bell wrote:I still really want to eliminate Virgo tbh.
Need to read into this tbh.

This looks genuine to me, probably because I tend to make wallposts/a lot of small posts when I catch up too. Good feeling on Hiraki for now.
Norweegian:
I'm changing your name to Marshal Zhukov after watching that video.
I Keep Siteflaking
I Keep Siteflaking
Goon
I Keep Siteflaking
Goon
Goon

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:16 pm

Post by I Keep Siteflaking »

In post 882, SJReaver wrote:
I find the most annoying or stupid person in the game is always on my side, so I'll assume you're townie.
In post 972, Nero Cain wrote:ok if you aren't scum then why are you up in my grill for corectly reading you?
Flowey, I found another person you can townread.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:25 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 908, NoPowerOverMe wrote:Okay. I lied about staying on Norway. We need a new wagon.

Unvote
So when you say "lie", are you suggesting that you didn’t actually plan to vote me all day, or that you didn’t actually scumread me and did it for reaction test, or that you initially scumread me but changed your mind over time.
Do you not SR me or did you want to push someone else?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:26 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

MM are you voting me b/c I disagreed with you that norway had gotten pushed today?

Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:38 pm

In post 988, Nero Cain wrote:MM are you voting me b/c I disagreed with you that norway had gotten pushed today?
No, I'm voting you for a few reasons and this isn't one on them. You are using the "Norwee was pushed hard enough for scummates to want to save him" argument against Glitch and are pushing his lynch for it, which sucks. There's also my on the same topic. To make it short, my main reason for voting you is that your push on Glitch is bad and that you're clinging to it without being towny by doing other stuff (really, your latest and main activity has been pushing Glitch and more or less insulting Norwee over petty stuff). You also happen to have interesting interactions with Norwee and Stanley, and I believe your flip could help solve those slots.
Norweegian:
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:45 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 989, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:ou are using the "Norwee was pushed hard enough for scummates to want to save him" argument against Glitch
no I'm not?
In post 989, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:really, your latest and main activity has been pushing Glitch and more or less insulting Norwee over petty stuff
ummmm..i'm doing way more than just pushing Glitch. Meanwhile Glitch is the one that has done literally nothing beyond push me, norway and...kinda you. I even made that same point last night. So by your own logic Glitch is scum.
In post 989, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:You also happen to have interesting interactions with Norwee and Stanley, and I believe your flip could help solve those slots.
this is a bad reason to vote me.

Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:49 pm

In post 639, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 637, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
as Norwee isn't really being pushed that much

norway is @ 2 votes.

all of Nero, Glitch, Bell would vote him...prob. If we all voted him we could make him the top wagon. There are maybe others that have expressed suspicion of him and would vote him. I don't think its that far fetched to think the guy could get lynched. But even if its not today its not like there is some statue of limitations on Glitch's accusations so
Uh yes you are using that argument Nero lol. As for the info part being a bad reason to vote you, it'd be true if it were my only reason, which it is not.
Norweegian:
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:51 pm

Post by Bell »

Look Marsh, your vote on nero is like, 95% likely to be town. vote elsewhere.
I've literally never seen scum act like nero is rn.
He's super obv town. And you can quote me and make fun of me forever if I'm wrong.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:52 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 992, Bell wrote:Look Marsh, your vote on nero is like, 95% likely to be town. vote elsewhere.
I've literally never seen scum act like nero is rn.
He's super obv town. And you can quote me and make fun of me forever if I'm wrong.
^
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:53 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

We can paranoia scumread Nero if he’s alive after like 3-4 days. But i’m not for a D1 lynch on him.
Nero votes are wasted votes because i’ll never support it.

- Bunno
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:54 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

you said norway isn't being pushed that much. He's been one on the days main pushes besides you, Glitch and Superbowl.

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:56 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Don’t go to the dark side MM. I know it’s tempting. But the side of good is here, begging you to cast aside your sins and prove your towniness.

- Bunno
stan1ey
stan1ey
Goon
stan1ey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:02 pm

Post by stan1ey »

In post 768, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I’d like everyone to read the argument between Glitch/Nero and see if you notice anything. If not i’ll point it out myself.
What did you notice NB ?
stan1ey
stan1ey
Goon
stan1ey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:06 pm

Post by stan1ey »

Bell what makes you say Nero is acting like town??
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:06 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 963, I Keep Siteflaking wrote:
In post 881, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 878, Glitch wrote:When asked, "Where does Glitch advocate for lynching y'all," and Nero says, "Right here. Where he wants to wagon us."
Then yes. That's a misrep. I want to wagon. Wagon =/= lynch. It can lead to a lynch. Or it can lead to disbanding the wagon. Why is this controversial?
I mean this is just nitpicking at small semantic differences

The difference between wagoning and lynching isn’t even relevant given the nature of siteflaking’s question
Do you disagree

Or more topically do you think Nero was “misrepping” glitch

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”