Post by Cabd »

Vote Count M-5

Assassin (4): Archer, Foreigner, Rider, Moon Cancer
Avenger (3): Avenger, Lancer, Beast
Caster (1): Saber
Foreigner (1): Caster
Berserker (1): Ruler

Phase Page Count: 19/60

With 14 servants alive, it takes 8 votes to lock in a master. Otherwise, a master will be selected by plurality rules in: (expired on 2020-09-07 21:23:37)
Last edited by Cabd on Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:46 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 448, Servant Berserker wrote:
In post 445, Servant Caster wrote:I'm more or less in for the inthread masonry, though I'd be more comfortable electing alter ego or foreigner atm. I don't think we're playing well by honoring foreigner's desire to not be elected when he is obvtown.
would you vote Avenger?
Eh. I'm not totally sure why everyone seems to want to.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:47 pm

Post by Servant Lancer »

In post 445, Servant Caster wrote:I'm more or less in for the inthread masonry, though I'd be more comfortable electing alter ego or foreigner atm. I don't think we're playing well by honoring foreigner's desire to not be elected when he is obvtown.
I could go for Alter Ego. Is there a reason you don't want the master vote?

Moon Cancer, the game's barely started and it sounds like you're already over it. If you scumread Assassin so hard how about you do literally anything besides vote him as master to flip him?
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:47 pm

Post by Servant Assassin »

In post 427, Servant Alter Ego wrote:@Assassin

It took me a little longer to feel strongly that I can work with you, too. My townsense came way before teamsense did. I feel like you may like to play super-independently from your play so far, and I'm not sure you like or trust townblocking.
townlblocs were never really a
thing
for me, and i have severe trust issues unless i know the other person well, and seeing as this is an anonymous game...
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:48 pm

Post by Servant Berserker »

In post 451, Servant Caster wrote:
would you vote Avenger?
Avenger is very obviously town to my eyes.

I think you are also town and would vote you.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:48 pm

Post by Servant Beast »

would you vote Avenger?
cause they are town and theres no reason to continue a day 0
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:49 pm

Post by Servant Lancer »

VOTE: Caster
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:11 pm

Post by Servant Moon Cancer »

In post 443, Servant Rider wrote:Let me get this straight. You have 11 pages of notes. That's more than half the size of this ENTIRE THREAD. You came in here posting everything in rhyme and meter because you felt like it. And yet it's too much effort to tell any of us why you think Assassin is scum? Do I have that right?
Yeah, basically.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:12 pm

In post 455, Servant Beast wrote:
would you vote Avenger?
cause they are town and theres no reason to continue a day 0
did the player on this account change in the last 2 days
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:13 pm

Post by Servant Lancer »

In post 280, Servant Caster wrote:Are you watching me when I'm sleeping? I don't know why this keeps happening to me.

Honestly, I just want to king Foreigner whether he likes it or not and call it a day. I don't feel confident enough about anything else. VOTE: Foreigner
In post 284, Servant Caster wrote:
In post 282, Servant Archer wrote:I am fine with this vote, but I don't think your sense of urgency reads natural.
I don't have any objections to that actually, I don't know why I phrased it like we have to decide now. Maybe something to do with seeing a VC.
I liked Caster's immediate response to Archer here. I think scum (I def do it) like to double-down on their positions when called out on sounding unnatural like this, but Caster just looked at the post and went "huh, you're right".
In post 438, Servant Caster wrote:
In post 421, Servant Avenger wrote:@caster, why does lancer’s defense, coming from himself, weaken the argument? It’s a rule of thumb that bias means an untrue result, but this is short hand for evaluating a statement and seeing whether it is true or not. It has nothing to do with who said it, merely what they said.
I mean, there's nothing really to his objection other than "nuh uh." If he wants to be more substantive about it that would help, but at present it just looks like omgus.
I started quoting to explain why I TRed you and then remembered this interaction, so. Great. Are you really going to do the thing Assassin is doing and just totally ignore the parts of my posts that don't fit? I said it was weird that Assassin is only focusing on that one read and hasn't engaged me or engaged about me with anything else. But no, you totally shut me down and call it OMGUS. I guess I can't see it from outside my own POV but Assassin's questioning didn't even try to follow what I was saying, and then concluded with "Lancer didn't know how to explain the read" when I clearly already had as much as it was
possible
to explain a read from that early.
In post 440, Servant Caster wrote:
In post 426, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:Well I say I'm lazy. My notes PT is currently 11 pages long and I actually probably could string together all the posts I've made about him there and paste it as a case. But I'm not going to.
So you just hate the town and want us to lose? Ok
In post 442, Servant Caster wrote:Brb gonna start deliberately being scummy to trick the town into optimal play
Anyways, I liked this series of posts too but idk. Avenger's response to the Assassin is the only one that feels like he's actually considering the situation properly.
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:13 pm

In post 457, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:
In post 443, Servant Rider wrote:Let me get this straight. You have 11 pages of notes. That's more than half the size of this ENTIRE THREAD. You came in here posting everything in rhyme and meter because you felt like it. And yet it's too much effort to tell any of us why you think Assassin is scum? Do I have that right?
Yeah, basically.
Actually, 12 pages now, sorry.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:16 pm

In post 433, Servant Archer wrote:
In post 397, Servant Assassin wrote:not really a fan of that post
Why though
big pile of quotestripes with too many empty lines, a lot of hedges, no real clarity of purpose
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:21 pm

In post 444, Servant Assassin wrote:
In post 426, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:Well I say I'm lazy. My notes PT is currently 11 pages long and I actually probably could string together all the posts I've made about him there and paste it as a case. But I'm not going to.
well don't copy-paste, you'll get yourself modkilled

but i can't wait to see those posts in postgame lmao
You know, I've never played with you before and I don't even know you, but you're still the first identity I guessed in this game. (Well, the first one I probably correctly guessed.)

I've been debating whether I should break the spirit of the game and do a meta-dive on you to figure out whether my issues have any substance to them. I don't know if I'll actually bother.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:22 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 452, Servant Lancer wrote:I could go for Alter Ego. Is there a reason you don't want the master vote?
There is not, I'd be fine with it, just assuming it won't happen. I'm not much of a town leader, but I think putting it on town is more important than such considerations.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:24 pm

Post by Servant Lancer »

I don't enjoy how you've apparently put in all of this effort but don't seem interested in playing with the rest of us, and are actively voting someone you think is scum so the game sorts it for you in a way that's really bad if he is scum.
I don't even think it's AI, i just... don't like it.

This is @Moon Cancer though that's probably clear
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:25 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 459, Servant Lancer wrote:Are you really going to do the thing Assassin is doing and just totally ignore the parts of my posts that don't fit?
I'll admit I didnt look back to substantiate this, I was only talking about the post interacting with me.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:31 pm

Post by Servant Lancer »

Could you do me a favour and take a look?
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:58 pm

In post 452, Servant Lancer wrote:Moon Cancer, the game's barely started and it sounds like you're already over it
No, I just don't really intend to hash out reads with people. If I think something needs to be asked, I'll ask, but I'm fine just trying to solve the game in my notes PT for a while.
In post 452, Servant Lancer wrote:If you scumread Assassin so hard how about you do literally anything besides vote him as master to flip him?
Because I don't need to? What would doing that achieve in this phase?

If this were a normal game, I'd probably try to get rid of Archer and Shielder before him anyway.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:00 pm

In post 437, Servant Assassin wrote:
In post 419, Servant Alter Ego wrote:Reading back through the thread AGAIN, I see that I attributed something to you that Avenger posted. I thought I was doing pretty well at hooking posts to names in my memory. It doesn't really impact my read, but it makes me even more wrong about you campaigning.

I guess I'm low enough sort priority that my error didn't catch your attention!

How are you feeling about Rider?
i saw what you said but just assumed you were interpreting me differently. truthfully though you were in the group of people i lazily filed to "look into later" in my notes

my last note on rider was several days ago and it was just saying i don't like seeing a no context early readslist. i have not updated it since
went and read read rider past when i made my notes entry and i would say they are
fine
. i didn't really get the early tr on caster (i am liking caster a lot more recently though). asked some decent questions of caster. made some decent points about archer. their post about berserker in was kind of where i was coming down, but more in the sense of "early game looks decent but i really need to see something more from her". i don't find rider overtly suspicious but would probably want to see something more solid before i'd comfortably call them town.
Servant Moon Cancer wrote:
In post 444, Servant Assassin wrote:
well don't copy-paste, you'll get yourself modkilled

but i can't wait to see those posts in postgame lmao
You know, I've never played with you before and I don't even know you, but you're still the first identity I guessed in this game. (Well, the first one I probably correctly guessed.)

I've been debating whether I should break the spirit of the game and do a meta-dive on you to figure out whether my issues have any substance to them. I don't know if I'll actually bother.
in the spirit of this game i can't say anything but lol i would love to see it
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:18 pm

Post by Servant Archer »

In post 462, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:I've been debating whether I should break the spirit of the game and do a meta-dive on you to figure out whether my issues have any substance to them. I don't know if I'll actually bother.
This sounds like something scum would say.
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:21 pm

Post by Servant Archer »

In post 461, Servant Assassin wrote:big pile of quotestripes with too many empty lines, a lot of hedges, no real clarity of purpose
What hedges?
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:25 pm

Post by Servant Alter Ego »

In post 433, Servant Archer wrote:Can you please explain your combined scumread on me and Alter Ego? Also, what makes me scummier than him?
Good luck with that.
In post 434, Servant Berserker wrote:Also, town blocking here before a flip is.... Bad. Very bad.
This is an opinion I've seen before. I feel similarly about things like pre-flip associations. And don't get me started on obsessive, blinkered VCA.

As far as townblocks go, if it's not a good one that becomes very obvious very quickly. I've thrown a spanner. It's generating some interesting data as well as serving my primary purpose.
In post 441, Servant Berserker wrote:Okay I'm good with Caster winning the vote too.
I wouldn't cry if that's where we end up.
In post 443, Servant Rider wrote:Alarms be damned. I'll be in thread masons with you.
Your avatar looks like a chess knight and it really fits your approach to this game in some ways. A little zig and zag here and there.
Rider wrote:Vote Assassin with me. Unless you have a really good reason not to. I'm kind of pissed off and am very prone to making bad decisions!

Pedit: Caster come be masons with us
It's where I'm leaning. I'm just not ready to throw down a vote yet.
Don't encourage the imp on my shoulder.
In post 446, Servant Caster wrote:What do we think are the odds of someone using the "I want to elect scum" take yo vote their buddy? Or should I be not posting this yet?
That's one of a handful of possibilities.

Which door to open? :?
In post 453, Servant Assassin wrote:
In post 427, Servant Alter Ego wrote:@Assassin

It took me a little longer to feel strongly that I can work with you, too. My townsense came way before teamsense did. I feel like you may like to play super-independently from your play so far, and I'm not sure you like or trust townblocking.
townlblocs were never really a
thing
for me, and i have severe trust issues unless i know the other person well, and seeing as this is an anonymous game...
I'm not at all surprised this is your answer based on my super-duper model of how you're playing this game. I may follow you around like a puppy anyway.
In post 461, Servant Assassin wrote:
In post 433, Servant Archer wrote:
In post 397, Servant Assassin wrote:not really a fan of that post
Why though
big pile of quotestripes with too many empty lines, a lot of hedges, no real clarity of purpose
:shifty:
In post 464, Servant Lancer wrote:I don't enjoy how you've apparently put in all of this effort but don't seem interested in playing with the rest of us, and are actively voting someone you think is scum so the game sorts it for you in a way that's really bad if he is scum.

I like this post a lot!
In post 468, Servant Assassin wrote:in the spirit of this game i can't say anything but lol i would love to see it
There's a player I'm using as a predictive model for your play. It's working quite well so far.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:05 pm

In post 469, Servant Archer wrote:
In post 462, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:I've been debating whether I should break the spirit of the game and do a meta-dive on you to figure out whether my issues have any substance to them. I don't know if I'll actually bother.
This sounds like something scum would say.
y, tho?

In post 470, Servant Archer wrote:
In post 461, Servant Assassin wrote:big pile of quotestripes with too many empty lines, a lot of hedges, no real clarity of purpose
What hedges?
In post 396, Servant Archer wrote:Thoughts on Avenger people? Overall, I feel like Avenger has been very upfront on wanting the vote, but I don't really remember anything townie he's done in particular. I still think he could be a good town leader though.
In post 396, Servant Archer wrote:No, I can easily see scum faking a townread on someone for reasons like that and then retracting it. First, it makes them look better. Second, it makes them not obligated to townread someone. Not calling AE scum, but I don't think this is great reason for townread.
In post 396, Servant Archer wrote:Overall, I like Assassin more than Lancer here, but that doesn't mean Lancer is scum. Hopefully, I'll be able to do more real time stuff soon.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:20 pm

In post 471, Servant Alter Ego wrote:
In post 464, Servant Lancer wrote:I don't enjoy how you've apparently put in all of this effort but don't seem interested in playing with the rest of us, and are actively voting someone you think is scum so the game sorts it for you in a way that's really bad if he is scum.

I like this post a lot!
shocker: i dont
In post 468, Servant Assassin wrote:in the spirit of this game i can't say anything but lol i would love to see it
There's a player I'm using as a predictive model for your play. It's working quite well so far.
well isnt that cute
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:35 pm

Post by Servant Alter Ego »

In post 473, Servant Assassin wrote:
In post 471, Servant Alter Ego wrote:

I like this post a lot!
shocker: i dont
What do you think of Moon Cancer's approach to the game right now. What do you make of their strategy for using the master-upgrade vote?
well isnt that cute
Puppy-dog cute?

Side-games and self-challenges, and the old-game-reading I've assigned myself are all that stand between between me and a broken F5 key. Or a 5 page ISO.

I'm doing y'all a favor crafting player models.

Maybe I should challenge the mods to come play some 3P ELLO in my PT.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”