Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:04 am

Post by Servant Alter Ego »

In post 996, Servant Avenger wrote:
In post 994, Servant Saber wrote:@Avenger: I don't think Caster is the towniest townie to ever town (if I did I'd be less interested in his flip) but I get more opinions and feel more hunting genuineness from their posts than from yours.

I commented on self-voting because I have a vote. I did mention it would be exceedingly unlikely that I would become a viable candidate, but if it happens, I'll self-vote.

Pedit: I have stuff to do tonight but I suppose I can at least try to give your Iso another look-over if I have the time.
@Saber,
1. That's pretty untrue. His opinions can be counted on one hand. I think part of his appeal is because he doesn't have enough in regards to opinion or reads, both Assassin and I have put down scum reads on stronger players than shielder,
which makes people invested in seeing both of us lose from either alignment
. That alone should be pretty obvious.
...what? That's like saying that a town player's overriding concern is not getting mis elimed? It's a factor, yeah, but the overriding factor is town winning.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:10 am

Post by Servant Avenger »

@Rider: Oh, I see. I thought there was a hint of omgus there and was wondering why it didn't apply to assassin who had a more neutral take on you.

@Foreigner: Spicy town reads are not spicy scum reads.

@AE: If you're being scum read and you're town why would you trust someone with master who isn't able to read you? What's to say the rest of their reads aren't just as bad? It applies whether they're scum or town imo.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:12 am

Post by Servant Assassin »

sup
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:13 am

Hi Assassin.

I am trying to rally last minute votes.
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:15 am

Post by Servant Foreigner »

In post 1001, Servant Avenger wrote:@Rider: Oh, I see. I thought there was a hint of omgus there and was wondering why it didn't apply to assassin who had a more neutral take on you.

@AE: If you're being scum read and you're town why would you trust someone with master who isn't able to read you? What's to say the rest of their reads aren't just as bad? It applies whether they're scum or town imo.
I mean I am not going to hold it against someone for not running around stating scum reads yet.
Especially given I am doing so myself.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:15 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

In post 599, Servant Saber wrote:Lancer seems to be getting needlessly agitated by things I wouldn't expect a townie to get agitated about (see the response to my desire for Master Caster as one example).
I don't remember this interaction, but I TR Caster so I don't know why I'd be upset by that. Can you quote it when you get the chance?
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:16 am

In post 999, Servant Lancer wrote:
In post 996, Servant Avenger wrote:@Saber,
1. That's pretty untrue. His opinions can be counted on one hand. I think part of his appeal is because he doesn't have enough in regards to opinion or reads, both Assassin and I have put down scum reads on stronger players than shielder, which makes people invested in seeing both of us lose from either alignment. That alone should be pretty obvious.
But you still townread Caster? Why?
He's been pretty consistent in his neutrality and hedginess.
Unlike in futurama, neutrality isn't the thing I thing I hate the most. His opinions are still ~good opinions~ But it is a weaker town read than Assassin by quite a margin.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:17 am

In post 968, Servant Alter Ego wrote:
In post 712, Servant Assassin wrote:so: i'm okay with voting avenger because i've liked some of the posts he made recently, i have a vague ~gamestate~ feeling off the wagon on him that he might be town, and
it would save me the trouble of having to actually read him

if people are still uneasy about voting avenger (and, like, i get it)
, i'll take it, or i'd be okay with berserker, because i am reasonably confident their attitude toward the master vote is more likely to come from town (want it -> don't care anymore -> actually maybe i should take it, i don't trust you people). plus, i have the feeling they're a player who likes to go deep as scum and wouldn't want to knock themself out so early.
Is this where your head is still currently at re Avenger? Later in the thread it looked like your read might have gone a little further townward with the PT Post Count Angleshoot Incident.

If Avenger is not a strong townread, what factors make them a good choice for the master upgrade despite that?
i think my discomfort was fading by that time, and i'm very much okay with revealing them now, i believe i voted around the time of that incident, but it doesn't seem to have swayed many people's minds. i am still okay with it going to someone else, as the selfish desire to be confirmed as town gave way to the selfish desire to have someone else confirmed so my mind has 1 fewer player to have to analyze. and avenger has said their ability is good, they claim to be confident in their ability to lead and scumhunt, i'd be willing to give it there
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:20 am

In post 988, Servant Rider wrote:
In post 970, Servant Alter Ego wrote:Still frantically researching. I will say that for the first time this whole phase, I'm seriously considering voting Avenger. I feel like voting Caster is somewhat like voting myself, except instead of knowing my alignment I'm strongly assuming Caster's. My master buff, beyond the selection phase stuff about buffing two other players, isn't a huge boost for town (I think...). From stuff Caster has said, the same applies to their buff. Avenger is claiming that their buff is potentially terrible for scum. (I guess, depending on how they use it?)

Anyway. Hoping to get far enough through another iso or two to make a decision soon.
I'd sooner see you vote Caster and Caster use his own discretion on whether or not to Master-ize Avenger. I trust Caster's judgment far more when it comes to handing out upgrades. Or just in general.

Also, did you get everything you needed from me about Moon Cancer? I would really hate for a rift to grow between us over a disagreement on one read.
Don't worry about a single disagreement. My greater concern is succumbing to free-floating paranoia about one or more of my reads and being cut adrift from from the moorings I've tried to establish.

I got enough about Moon Cancer for now. I hope I'm right about them. Their play would be incredibly cheeky, coming from scum. When they do show a tiny bit of their hand, it looks like a town mindset to me. Like sharing something from their read basis on you last night. Whether right or wrong, it was a chink in the featureless wall!

I'm trusting to a fault, all around. Until I'm not.

How disappointed would you be if I vote Avenger?
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:20 am

I put a question in the thread for you after you left.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:21 am

never mind...
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:23 am

In post 1007, Servant Assassin wrote:and avenger has said their ability is good, they claim to be confident in their ability to lead and scumhunt
This is where I'm at. Still, feels a little precarious.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:24 am

In post 1007, Servant Assassin wrote:
In post 968, Servant Alter Ego wrote:
In post 712, Servant Assassin wrote:so: i'm okay with voting avenger because i've liked some of the posts he made recently, i have a vague ~gamestate~ feeling off the wagon on him that he might be town, and
it would save me the trouble of having to actually read him

if people are still uneasy about voting avenger (and, like, i get it)
, i'll take it, or i'd be okay with berserker, because i am reasonably confident their attitude toward the master vote is more likely to come from town (want it -> don't care anymore -> actually maybe i should take it, i don't trust you people). plus, i have the feeling they're a player who likes to go deep as scum and wouldn't want to knock themself out so early.
Is this where your head is still currently at re Avenger? Later in the thread it looked like your read might have gone a little further townward with the PT Post Count Angleshoot Incident.

If Avenger is not a strong townread, what factors make them a good choice for the master upgrade despite that?
i think my discomfort was fading by that time, and i'm very much okay with revealing them now, i believe i voted around the time of that incident, but it doesn't seem to have swayed many people's minds. i am still okay with it going to someone else, as the selfish desire to be confirmed as town gave way to the selfish desire to have someone else confirmed so my mind has 1 fewer player to have to analyze. and avenger has said their ability is good, they claim to be confident in their ability to lead and scumhunt, i'd be willing to give it there
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:25 am

In post 1011, Servant Alter Ego wrote:
In post 1007, Servant Assassin wrote:and avenger has said their ability is good, they claim to be confident in their ability to lead and scumhunt
This is where I'm at. Still, feels a little precarious.
Eh, at the very least you'll be voting town, isn't that pretty good?
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:26 am

In post 969, Servant Foreigner wrote:AE who are you planning on voting, I don't think Assassin is happening anymore, this site isn't known for last minute wagon shifts that are actually good for town.
I could be persuaded to vote for Avenger if you want but I'd like to see you commit to one of those wagons.
curious as to why this is a strong preference for you? i am willing to revive my own wagon if people are -really- having doubts although i realize being afk probably hurt it but thats life

the caster wagon is like, shit, he has decent tone, the last minute swing
probably
isn't scum-indicative, but why they are a popular choice is...confusing? not sure what they bring to the table
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:26 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

Is it too late to get a bunch of votes swung onto Assassin? I'm not caught up but I think I like this more than Avenger and Caster. Like is not something I see scum deciding to make and I like them on the very recent pages I've been reading a lot too.
Thinking back on it with some distance scum doesn't need to try and trap me into defending an early read or do it in such an over the top way.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:27 am

not gonna lie though, i was psyched to make a last minute push for myself
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:27 am

I have to go do some house stuff.
I implore you to vote me plz and thank you.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:29 am

In post 1016, Servant Assassin wrote:not gonna lie though, i was psyched to make a last minute push for myself
TFW. Here I am.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:29 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

VOTE: Assassin
Forgot this vote is plurality.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:30 am

In post 1015, Servant Lancer wrote:Is it too late to get a bunch of votes swung onto Assassin? I'm not caught up but I think I like this more than Avenger and Caster. Like is not something I see scum deciding to make and I like them on the very recent pages I've been reading a lot too.
Thinking back on it with some distance scum doesn't need to try and trap me into defending an early read or do it in such an over the top way.
daww how sweet
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:30 am

In post 1018, Servant Avenger wrote:
In post 1016, Servant Assassin wrote:not gonna lie though, i was psyched to make a last minute push for myself
TFW. Here I am.
i know, i know, but the prize is so tempting

going to eat dinner and think about it
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:31 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

I just got to 637 and feel like a dumbass lol.
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:32 am

Post by Servant Moon Cancer »

I'll probably just end up voting Avenger today. Deadline falls close to midday for me, just getting stuff done this morning before I pay any real attention to recent happenings.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:33 am

In post 1001, Servant Avenger wrote:@Rider: Oh, I see. I thought there was a hint of omgus there and was wondering why it didn't apply to assassin who had a more neutral take on you.

Sometimes this is exactly how I feel whether the misread is on me, or is a presumed misread on someone I'm townreading. But often as not, the real difference in our grasp of the game comes down to another bad read or assumption that has warped one or both of our understandings of the game state. Some games are complicated as fuck. So, once again, it's not the overriding concern. If Assassin were scumreading me, for instance, I'd still want them to have the buff because based on what I've seen so far I feel like whatever they'd have wrong, they'd self correct with more data. Including their read if me.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”