Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:55 pm

Post by Prism »

Disingenuous motive would be more of AtE to get me to stop pressuring you.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by catboi »

Well it's not like there's a lot else to talk about but it feels more like you're just trying to browbeat me here for being inarticulate
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:05 pm

Post by Prism »

I mean yes. Articulating yourself is important in the game. If you can't articulate a read well, it happens. If you articulate something that seems really ???, You might get questioned on it. I don't see why me being skeptical of this specific articulation is causing you so much extended grief.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:08 pm

Post by catboi »

Because the way you're going about it feels more like you're just trying to score points on me rather than figure out if I actually believe that read
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by beeboy »

Prism I don't think your Hectic vote is going anywhere.
Who else are you looking at right now?

Taylor is a good idea I think.
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:14 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 926, Prism wrote:If it's not clear, by the way, I'm planning to vote beeboy unless there's a change in the winds.
Not really that interested in Taylor. Their reads are underexplained and that gets them slotted 3rd through 5th.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:20 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 978, catboi wrote:Because the way you're going about it feels more like you're just trying to score points on me rather than figure out if I actually believe that read
???

dude can you really not understand why I found that read sketchy

you literally can explain with specific posts anytime you want to, you said it was tedious and I hate making people wallcase me for townreads as my game history will clearly show

I don't think it's rocket science that I was confused why the concrete things you listed had anything to do with my alignment, the bar for me that was initially high was suddenly on the floor or nonexistent

Going "but it's all I have!" is fine? But from my perspective this seems to be like predicting the weather based off a coin you flip. You might not know what does work, but it feels like you should know that those stated reasons don't

This isn't about the gut part, which is again prima facie valid
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:22 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 946, catboi wrote:look at the picture of how the day progressed and who seems unlikely to be paired with elements
If elements is chara this seems kind of pointless - the chara would do its best not to pair with any scum since it almost definitely flips unless it gets spared and the only way a chara gets spared is with a +3 hammer
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:23 pm

Post by Prism »

You also don't seem to understand that the reason this conversation is still going is because you continued to pout over my skepticism, even while acknowledging your prognostication might not be the best, and taking this WELL WHY EVEN EXPLAIN MYSELF AT ALL approach

Like I'm not trying to score points against you, just legitimately confused as to why you're taking such personal offense to this and continuing to be indignant about it
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:24 pm

Honestly if you want to have someone slotted as a TR - you really don't need to wallpost or analyze every post they made. Just pick the one you think is the strongest point and reason it out.

It's a good check from them on you so they know these are valid actual thoughts and you are not just positioning.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:27 pm

Post by Prism »

I'm going to head out for the night, I should be back midday tomorrow.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:49 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 965, beeboy wrote:
In post 869, Tayl0r Swift wrote:im down for a beeboy wagon
Then the instant swap here after being prodded about me lol.
you not being in the initial post was just an oversight. the second post was to clarify. nothing changed between the two posts.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:50 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 981, Prism wrote:
In post 978, catboi wrote:Because the way you're going about it feels more like you're just trying to score points on me rather than figure out if I actually believe that read
???

dude can you really not understand why I found that read sketchy

you literally can explain with specific posts anytime you want to, you said it was tedious and I hate making people wallcase me for townreads as my game history will clearly show

I don't think it's rocket science that I was confused why the concrete things you listed had anything to do with my alignment, the bar for me that was initially high was suddenly on the floor or nonexistent

Going "but it's all I have!" is fine? But from my perspective this seems to be like predicting the weather based off a coin you flip. You might not know what does work, but it feels like you should know that those stated reasons don't

This isn't about the gut part, which is again prima facie valid
It's not that the bar suddenly became lower but just that as the day went on I started to get a better feeling off you. It's just not a thing off a singular hard towntell but just persistently seeming to scumhunt.

and I guess skepticism is understandable but the way you're going about it doesn't feel like you want to communicate with me.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:53 pm

Post by catboi »

w/e now it just feels like you're setting me up
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:55 pm

when someone asks you for the reasoning behind a town-read it's because they want to check if your logic path makes sense if these are true-town thoughts or fake-scum thoughts. Nobody is trying to set you up for anything. We are trying to figure out your alignment.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:25 am

Post by catboi »

It does not feel like that is what he is doing
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:04 am

Post by catboi »

oh wait, last night i thought that taylor readslist said "beeboy hasn't done anything to make me
scum
read that slot", before she voted it, but she actually said the opposite, i thought that was being straight-up inconsistent but it's actually perfectly consistent

HURT: Prism

sticking my vote here for when we inevitably misfight
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:05 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

why prism?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:22 am

Post by Prism »

Today I was going to ask you if you still felt the same way as #988.

This is answered, so instead I'll ask why you feel that way.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:28 am

Post by Prism »

For me, I'm trying to strike a balance between interrogating your reads without being a nuisance asking to be towncased. The way you're describing this-setting you up/not actually interested in what you are-makes me think that you expect me to have fully interrogated you further if I really found it sketchy. I immediately stated exactly what my issue was, and instead of correcting it, being like "yeah w/e", or expounding on it you played the offended/indignant card. This bothered me - I think it's really clear that the concrete reasons you listed are ??? applied to me - and has made me question if the offense is genuine. This interests me a lot more than a quotewall of why the reads I've given are town.

There's a scum motivation early to AtE to drop a pressure from your bad reads, but the only reason I see why you would double down on this as scum is feeling that you have to for appearances (Vote on Tayl0r if I'm setting you up would be pretty ???)

Can you lay out more explicitly why my approach here is not town/how exactly my approach is not trying to figure out your alignment?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:42 am

Post by Prism »

Cat, I would really encourage you to reread your #929, then reworking over my posting sequence. Every time I refer to "concrete things" I'm referring to this initial reasoning.
In post 987, catboi wrote:It's not that the bar suddenly became lower but just that as the day went on I started to get a better feeling off you. It's just not a thing off a singular hard towntell but just persistently seeming to scumhunt.
This in particular also stuck out to me last night, because I have repeatedly-from the very beginning-acknowledged that gutreads are
prima facie
valid. I've always accepted the gut aspect as plausible. I don't know how else to make this clear.
In post 987, catboi wrote:and I guess skepticism is understandable but the way you're going about it doesn't feel like you want to communicate with me.
I didn't, part of it was because of my own preferences (not liking to interrogate townreads on me, despite always being curious), part of it was reacting to you. I really hate to like, flip this on you because I know it'll make things worse...but you openly said you didn't want to make a quote wall and again acted indignant when pressed. I know that I demonstrated the behaviors you ascribed to me anyway, so other than for proof of work I don't really need to see you make it. My issue was that those concrete things=Prism town.

Maybe I should have known questioning why you were so indignant about it was going to offend you more, but hindsight is 20/20.
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:55 am

Post by Tanner »

hello i'm here earlier than usual since the deadline is in ~24 hours and i'm feeling dead tired today and will soon disappear back into the void for another 12 hours

my room-temperature bad-VCA take is that beeboy is prob town for how "fast" the wagon was there but also that i'd be willing to vote there if really necessary

i actually *don't* feel that strong of an urge to vote taylor anymore? i dunno. would definitely still fight lavender.

chara, i think you asked me about catboi? this is me acknowledging that i read that, but just... N/A. my brain is fried. the closest thing i got is that his townread on me felt ~weird~.
your eyes on the city.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:56 am

Post by Prism »

It's also just bizarre that I've made my stance clear, asked no questions beyond a rhetorical one hoping you'd understand why I was/am skeptical and we could leave it at that, only for you to get more defensive+accusatory in a spiraling cycle. I'm not setting you up by doing this. Like maybe I'm intentionally baiting you into being defensive but I have repeatedly tried to disagree and call it a day.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:15 am

Post by Prism »

I guess the setting up accusation also makes sense if you [catboi] interpret #942 as "Oh boy I can't wait to push catboi a few days down the line"

but you seem to acknowledge why I was at least skeptical, and like I said in 951 and 974 these were really cursory

this is super slapfighty and I don't see the scum motivation behind it beyond irrational preemptive terror that I find really unlikely.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:49 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 996, Tanner wrote:hello i'm here earlier than usual since the deadline is in ~24 hours and i'm feeling dead tired today and will soon disappear back into the void for another 12 hours

my room-temperature bad-VCA take is that beeboy is prob town for how "fast" the wagon was there but also that i'd be willing to vote there if really necessary

i actually *don't* feel that strong of an urge to vote taylor anymore? i dunno. would definitely still fight lavender.

chara, i think you asked me about catboi? this is me acknowledging that i read that, but just... N/A. my brain is fried. the closest thing i got is that his townread on me felt ~weird~.
what exactly have i done to turn this around? if anything ive been doing less the last couple days, this seems like a strange townlean

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”