Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:08 am

Post by Datisi »

oh right lol
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:21 am

Post by Nero Cain »

What if he's just scum thats intentionly trying to act dumb?

Also there are only 2 scum but thats besides the point. Not really a fan of Gamma's language here...as a 2016 join date he should know that 4 scum s virtually impossible.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:24 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 251, Nero Cain wrote:What if he's just scum thats intentionly trying to act dumb?

Also there are only 2 scum but thats besides the point. Not really a fan of Gamma's language here...as a 2016 join date
he should know that 4 scum s virtually impossible
Does the bolded refer to me or EV?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:25 am

Post by Nero Cain »

you but EV is apparently a 2016 join date too. Yeah you're both pretty scummy.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:28 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Well, in my case I was arguing against it being 4 scum, so you’re straight up misinterpreting me. As for EV, I had a game where I stubbornly thought miller was a role scum could have in a normal. So maybe EV just never thought about how he numbers would work for that?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:38 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Am I really though?
In post 251, Nero Cain wrote:Not really a fan of Gamma's language here
In post 246, Gamma Emerald wrote:I think it’s
extremely unlikely
we have 4 scum
the above isn't exactly strong criticism of EV. Its not "extremely unlikely" its impossible. Me having a diffrent interpretation of what you said or meant to say isn't a misrep but nice use of buzzword placement. :giggle:

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:41 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I am not sure what this means for EV. He's intentionly being scummy. Maybe he's just town and wants to avoid a nk, maybe he's scum doing the "2scum2bscum!" thing.

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:52 am

Post by Datisi »

i didn't say i agreed with it making him town, quite the opposite
In post 251, Nero Cain wrote:Also there are only 2 scum but thats besides the point.
?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:54 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 245, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 229, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 205, Iconeum wrote:ofcourse that doesn't really cover your point of being silent until pressed on
shouldn't this be like a huge red flag for Gamma?
How tbh
Well, I mean you hitched your horse to the Ico wagon by claiming that you were in a scum game
In post 159, Gamma Emerald wrote:where he was rather quiet until pressed on it
but thats aparently not entirely true
In post 205, Iconeum wrote:but i quickly glanced at that game and I saw that I had the second most posts in that game,
now ofc Ico could lie and its also possible that he could have gotten ran up and posted it up but when he says he was the 2nd highest poster in the game that seemingly contridicts that he was "ather quiet until pressed on it", no?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:58 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 257, Datisi wrote:i didn't say i agreed with it making him town, quite the opposite
In post 251, Nero Cain wrote:Also there are only 2 scum but thats besides the point.
?
I'm clearly scum that slipped. I coulda swore I saw something that said there were only 2 scum here but I can't find it. Maybe I'm just subconciously projecting 2 scum since its a 12 player instead of a 13 player and in a 13 players its gonna be 10/3 so I may have been thinking it would just be 10/2 but I guess it could just be a 9/3.

Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:59 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

Sorry I've not been around, spent last few days ill and brain achey, got plans this evening but should be able to get an hour or two in in four hours
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:04 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

After an insomnia dream where I couldn't tell the difference between this game, the tv show I was watching and an Among Us stream... yeah
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:07 am

Post by Nero Cain »

bye have a good nap!

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:08 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 255, Nero Cain wrote:Am I really though?
In post 251, Nero Cain wrote:Not really a fan of Gamma's language here
In post 246, Gamma Emerald wrote:I think it’s
extremely unlikely
we have 4 scum
the above isn't exactly strong criticism of EV. Its not "extremely unlikely" its impossible. Me having a diffrent interpretation of what you said or meant to say isn't a misrep but nice use of buzzword placement. :giggle:
I did not call it a misrep, I said you misinterpreted me. There are setups with 12 players that have 4 scum, or at least one to my knowledge, but it’s an open setup with specific mechanics that supposedly balance it. As such a 12p with 4 scum would likely need to be absolutely loaded with town power, to the point it’s hard to envision that being the case in a normal. I don’t see it as impossible, just an extremely infinitesimal possibility.
And to talk on how “misinterpret” is different from “misrep”. I view misinterpreting as taking what is said an RC getting the wrong idea from it. A misrep meanwhile is full on pushing an idea or narrative that is built off of faulty perceptions or scum motivation. I believe most, if not all, town misreps come from misinterpretation, however that chain of action isn’t guaranteed.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:11 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 258, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 245, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 229, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 205, Iconeum wrote:ofcourse that doesn't really cover your point of being silent until pressed on
shouldn't this be like a huge red flag for Gamma?
How tbh
Well, I mean you hitched your horse to the Ico wagon by claiming that you were in a scum game
In post 159, Gamma Emerald wrote:where he was rather quiet until pressed on it
but thats aparently not entirely true
In post 205, Iconeum wrote:but i quickly glanced at that game and I saw that I had the second most posts in that game,
now ofc Ico could lie and its also possible that he could have gotten ran up and posted it up but when he says he was the 2nd highest poster in the game that seemingly contridicts that he was "ather quiet until pressed on it", no?
Except I’ve been open about not being 100% confident about it? Like I straight up invited him to call me out. Seems a bit outside of how you’re viewing the situation.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:13 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VOTE: Iconeum
I just realized I unvoted after having voted someone that wasn’t EV, so I’m putting that back
<Embrace The Void>

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:14 am

Post by Nero Cain »

you did use the word misinterpret and not misrep. My bad but if your evidence of a 12 player with 4 scum in it is an open and this is a normal....I mean does that really make that much sense to you?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:15 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 265, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: Iconeum
I just realized I unvoted after having voted someone that wasn’t EV, so I’m putting that back
So are you 1v1 him now or?

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:26 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 266, Nero Cain wrote:you did use the word misinterpret and not misrep. My bad but if your evidence of a 12 player with 4 scum in it is an open and this is a normal....I mean does that really make that much sense to you?
Well, what I am doing is extrapolating the means used to balance that setup, as a way to think about how to balance a closed 12p with normal mechanics and roles. My conclusion is while there’s no proof it’s impossible as of right now, it is severely improbable. So I think it does make sense in the way I’m using it.
And I’m not 1v1 on Iconeum, I’m just putting my vote back after I took it off by mistake.
<Embrace The Void>

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:27 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 233, Datisi wrote:
In post 224, Nero Cain wrote:I'm actully town reading you for a pretty silly reason but eh.
can you share with the class?

nero, do you have a track record of reading alchemist?
In post 42, Datisi wrote:
In post 40, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 34, Datisi wrote:mizzy, do you not remember me? :(
Who the fuck are you?
i don't remember speaking to you...?
this kinda angsty angry post is sorta what I associate with newb town and remember of you. Hey I said it was silly.

I think I have a decent track record of reading Alch but my read on him isn't the law or anything. But he doesn't seem scummy to me.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:29 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 268, Gamma Emerald wrote:And I’m not 1v1 on Iconeum, I’m just putting my vote back after I took it off by mistake.
but why vote him?

like I'm just a bit confused after

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:32 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I don’t only vote if I’m highly confident about a read. That’s the common course on my homesite, but I’ve played so much here vs. over there that I’m more inclined to apply my vote in aims of sorting people.
<Embrace The Void>

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:41 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 269, Nero Cain wrote:this kinda angsty angry post is sorta what I associate with newb town and remember of you. Hey I said it was silly.
on site for almost a year and a half, getting called newbtown... have we played together before?
~M
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:18 am

Post by tris »

In post 207, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 192, tris wrote:why vote for me if you're just going to ignore me?
I'm not ignoring you?
At least I didn't intend to, sorry if it felt like that. :?

I just chose not to explain my vote on you in a very micro/macro level because I feel like it should've been clear what my reasoning was.
i was guessing at what your reasoning was at , but i was drawing a comparison to a similar post by mizzy to question you on what the difference is for you. i think it's probably about how i explicitly stated that i was going to vote in the morning because i didn't know what to do at the moment, but mizzy was basically doing the same thing, just not vocalizing the part about how they'll vote later. mizzy hadn't placed a serious vote, and was talking about how they need to go to bed. the same thing i was trying to communicate. is the fact that i explicitly stated that i was holding off my vote the problem?
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:26 am

Post by tris »

In post 211, Datisi wrote:re tris :
maybe criticizing is an indirect way of asking about it, but the tone of "i don't see it, maybe you're scum tmi'ing" didn't sound interrogatory to me but maybe i'm projecting
though it's funny since i don't think i *can* explain it further than " and are gut +town to me"
well, i guess i can't really get much more out of this line of discussion. i still have no idea what you're seeing, but i might unvote you and find somewhere else to go.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”