Mini Theme 2164: Betrayal Mafia I (Game over!)

lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:41 am

Post by lilith2013 »

V
OTECOUNT
P
LAYER
N
AME
C
URRENT
V
OTES
S
TRENGTH
S
PEED
K
NOWLEDGE
P
LAYER
N
AME
Gamma Emerald
None
EL-7
Gamma Emerald
SirCakez
CreativeMod1, Fun and Games, Bingle
EL-4
SirCakez
GeorgeBailey
None
EL-7
GeorgeBailey
CreativeMod1
None
EL-7
CreativeMod1
Albert B. Rampage
None
EL-7
Albert B. Rampage
Pine
None
EL-7
Pine
Bingle
PenguinPower
EL-6
Bingle
Nosferatu
SirCakez
EL-6
Nosferatu
DoctorPepper
Ydrasse
EL-6
DoctorPepper
PenguinPower
Pine, Nosferatu
EL-5
PenguinPower
Fun and Games
DoctorPepper, Albert B. Rampage
EL-5
Fun and Games
Ydrasse
None
EL-7
Ydrasse
beeboy
Gamma Emerald
EL-6
beeboy
Not Voting
GeorgeBailey, beeboy
With 13 alive, it takes 7 to eliminate.
Deadline: (expired on 2020-09-27 23:16:10)
Notes:

beeboy is V/LA until Sept 21
finally, a pagetop!!!
Last edited by lilith2013 on Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:42 am

Post by Ydrasse »

"DOCTORS have a factional operation ability. Each night, they can select one player to operate on and increase or decrease that player's Knowledge by 1."
also, uh, if nosferatu is town i think that we should very much get some knowledge his way. i would gently recommend that he goes to the library to get some book smarts tonight
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:42 am

Post by Ydrasse »

that was supposed to be mine.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:44 am

Post by Ydrasse »

alllllso i would prefer to go to the gym tonight.

two actions is better than one.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by SirCakez »

I'm fine with setup spec but I can't get into it myself
just fyi
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:11 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i am not the best at it admittedly
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Fun and Games
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:36 pm

Post by Fun and Games »

In post 124, Ydrasse wrote:however, i don't know how to feel about stacking a single player? like, say that the doctors decide to attack the stacked person one night; they use the factional attack, and then (presuming all are alive here) all attack the same person. if they're worried that they can't kill that night, they can just use their one-shot to make themselves anonymous and do the same thing tomorrow to kill them off, since at that point i think the odds would lean much more towards the doctors being able to kill whoever was stacked? also, whoever we try to stack up will most likely end up the target of the -1 knowledge loss each night.
This is a great point and I love the way you think about this from a risk-perspective. I will discuss with my better half about whether to town-slot you as she is much better at this game than I am.

The way I thought about the risk is - the mafia do not really have the freedom to use all their attacks on someone as long as there is a public room with stat modification and speed is low.

What I mean by this is - if say all players only had one action and we decided to have 11 players go to the library to study and 1 super knowledge item stacked player go disarm a lab. The mafia cannot deviate and attack the stacked player instead of going to study because then their stats will not increase the next day. Also the stack played would presumably have some kind of item that boosts his defense so that it would be riskier for the mafia to risk unveiling themselves just to attack them.

As far as I understand the rules - even if we were to stack a player - the items would not be "lost" per se if the player were to die - we can loot their corpse and stack another player so the risk is not that great.

The primary reason I like stacking is because it's much more effective to have 1 player with knowledge 5 or 6 attacking a lab rather than 5 players with knowledge 3 - the odds are just much much better. Also having multiple players attacking a lab gives mafia room to do bad things and lie about it as the probability of failure is reasonably high. Whereas if a stacked player with knowledge 5 failed to blow up a lab - it is much less likely.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:14 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i feel a little better about stacking someone because... i was acting as if the items just vanished on death. but can't the doctors just try to steal them anyways? it might be obvious for some, but surely not all of them offer stat perks and won't be obvious who has them.

however, what happens when everyone uses the rooms we have right now? like, we have two rooms that people can use and we can feasibly track who went to them based on stats, and who might've been targetted by attacked — but that's because everyone (abilities left out of this) only has one action. the doctors will be enabled by their second action should they get the speed to do what they want, whether it's activate a lab, steal, etc etc. and we're not guaranteed to find a room like the ones we have so far that will give us a "surefire" way to check someone. we can 'log' what everyone does but it's easy to lie about rooms that don't give you a +1 to something.

also, the doctors can surely fake going to some of the rooms, right? they already have the ability to do that for one.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:27 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

Okay all this set up spec is just confusing to me
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
Fun and Games
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:23 am

Post by Fun and Games »

In post 132, Ydrasse wrote:i feel a little better about stacking someone because... i was acting as if the items just vanished on death. but can't the doctors just try to steal them anyways? it might be obvious for some, but surely not all of them offer stat perks and won't be obvious who has them.
well I thought stacking items would make sense for the stat enhancing ones that we can see as we can enforce some kind of accountability for the action taken.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:57 am

Post by Bingle »

The organizing of items that may or may not exist is a remarkably useless way to spend day one.

FWIW, stacking them all on one person is a potentially viable plan, but not one we should even consider before we know more about the setup.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:05 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 122, Fun and Games wrote:Also @Nosferatu - what happened to your knowledge? Did the scum use their factional ability to reduce it? This would put you very close to dying if I am reading the rules correctly and you should go to the library to fix this.
Ew.
In post 126, Ydrasse wrote:
"DOCTORS have a factional operation ability. Each night, they can select one player to operate on and increase or decrease that player's Knowledge by 1."
also, uh, if nosferatu is town i think that we should very much get some knowledge his way. i would gently recommend that he goes to the library to get some book smarts tonight
Ew^2.
In post 129, SirCakez wrote:I'm fine with setup spec but I can't get into it myself
just fyi
Okay. How do you feel about things like the wagon on you that aren't setup spec?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:08 am

Post by Bingle »

PenguinPower
Gamma Emerald

Fun and Games

Nosferatu
GeorgeBailey
Pine

beeboy - Null line.
CreativeMod1
Albert B. Rampage

DoctorPepper

Ydrasse
SirCakez
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:51 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 122, Fun and Games wrote:Also @Nosferatu - what happened to your knowledge?
u calling me stupid?
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:54 am

Post by Bingle »

Akshually...

VOTE: Ydrasse

I think I'm slightly more confident in this. Follow me and we can eliminate all the Doctors!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:09 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Are the posts on this page written in another language
Bingle don't think I missed that you ignored me
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:10 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 136, Bingle wrote:Okay. How do you feel about things like the wagon on you that aren't setup spec?
Nobody has given any reasoning for it other than F/G being I didn't want night action massclaim? So not much to say there.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Fun and Games
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:51 pm

Post by Fun and Games »

In post 138, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 122, Fun and Games wrote:Also @Nosferatu - what happened to your knowledge?
u calling me stupid?
I'm trying to figure out if the scum-team used their -1 knowledge ability on you or if you had some kind of game event involving knowledge reduction from the moderator.

Since you know what happened to you last night, I was hoping you would clear things up.

~Fun
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

In post 140, SirCakez wrote:Are the posts on this page written in another language
Bingle don't think I missed that you ignored me
I don't know why you're the wagon rn tbh
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:45 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

bingle has successfully identified me and one of my fellow doctors, godspeed to my faction

anyways, how does everyone else feel about the prospects of a super-stacked person that we choose?
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:51 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

In post 144, Ydrasse wrote:bingle has successfully identified me and one of my fellow doctors, godspeed to my faction

anyways, how does everyone else feel about the prospects of a super-stacked person that we choose?
Wait are you actually scum or are you being facetious
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:54 pm

Post by Bingle »

Spoiler:
In post 35, SirCakez wrote:
In post 32, Fun and Games wrote:I see I have somehow completely missed the existence of the dawn phase - I am quite bad at reading rules.

Should we mass-claim what we did last night and our motivations behind our actions?
Why would we do this?
In post 76, SirCakez wrote:My thing is like what if scum can mess with the people trying to destroy the labs?
In post 82, SirCakez wrote:
In post 78, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 76, SirCakez wrote:My thing is like what if scum can mess with the people trying to destroy the labs?
Like, how?
I don't know, their roles/Careers or items I'd assume
We also don't know if stuff is multitasking or not
In post 129, SirCakez wrote:I'm fine with setup spec but I can't get into it myself
just fyi

Reason for voting SirCakez. He jumps into game focusing on setup spec, and then immediately proves he didn't know possibly the most interesting parts of the setup: Scum can't kill. Also, there's like 5 references to multiple actions. In the rules section:

Spoiler:
In post 5, lilith2013 wrote:All players are able to perform as many of the following actions as they would like:
In post 5, lilith2013 wrote:3) Each Night phase, perform up to [half your speed rounded down, with a minimum of 1] of the following actions:
In post 6, lilith2013 wrote:You are not allowed to send me conditional actions (i.e. "if I discover an Item room, then attempt to Activate X LAB").
In post 7, lilith2013 wrote:Players can choose to use as few as zero of their actions during each Night phase.
If a player does not submit actions during the Night phase, I will by default assume they use one action to explore Rooms and do not perform any other actions.
In post 7, lilith2013 wrote:DOCTORS do not have a factional nightkill. Instead, DOCTORS have an additional factional attack they can use once per Night (in addition to their personal actions) by nominating one of the DOCTORS to perform the attack. The attack counts as an additional action for that DOCTOR and the nominated DOCTOR can use any stat modifications, abilities, etc. in their possession on this attack in addition to any personal attacks made. However, this attack will never be shown as attributed to a specific DOCTOR, but instead will appear as if “a DOCTOR” attacked (i.e., identity will always be private for factional attack). This factional attack does not count towards the personal limit of actions taken.

And yet, SC was A) aware that labs needed to be destroyed, B) unaware of multitasking, and C)
hasn't actually done any scumhunting
. Very much press doubt to X.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:59 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 145, DoctorPepper wrote:
In post 144, Ydrasse wrote:bingle has successfully identified me and one of my fellow doctors, godspeed to my faction

Yes.

Ydrasse is scum because holy shit did you see how scummy 126 and 128 are?

126 is a gross LAMISTY pile on to a gross LAMISTY sentiment. Yes, Nosferatu should try not to die. That's obvious, and there's no point to pointing out to Nosferatu except to try to look town, and Ydrasse was the second one to do it. 128 is seeking permission from the thread to do the obviously correct play tonight, which comes across as not wanting to be held accountable for her actions.

Ydrasse wants to be seen as town, but nothing that she's doing has anything more than surface value.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:10 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 145, DoctorPepper wrote:

i'm hard scumclaiming

(it's page 6 and bingle is wrong about and i really don't care)
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:12 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

also yeah 128 is obvious but in a more mechanics-heavy game i prefer to make things clearer esp coming off the end of mech-speculation lol
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”