Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:24 am

Post by Marashu »

Pete not wanting to interact with any slot other than shellyc is not a good look.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:35 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 424, Marashu wrote:
In post 414, Gypyx wrote:Hmmmm i think figet's reaction to titus's reaction test feels like paranoia, i'd say scum!paranoia but not sure about this one
What does that mean? Wouldn't scum paranoia be fake paranoia? So, does it feel like paranoia or does it feel fake?
Basically, paranoia generated by a scum mindset like, an "oh shit he's onto me" moment you see?
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (13/13) hopefully starting soon !

bottom text
Pickaxe Pete
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:02 am

Post by Pickaxe Pete »

In post 278, shellyc wrote:
@Mod V/LA until Sunday EST
so yeah hoping there won't be too much to catch up on
Yesterday I read pages 12 & 13 and today I read pages 10 & 11. You didn't post on 10 or 11. Were you v/la?
Pickaxe Pete
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:07 am

Post by Pickaxe Pete »

In post 277, shellyc wrote:I semi-forgot about this game.

I need to stop forgetting about stuff, can someone give me a tl;dr with the 6 new pages

also replacements don't just happen for inactivity, force-replacement is a way to solve a compromised slot but you're not supposed to discuss replacements anyways
How do you semi-forget? I can understand "kinda forgot" or something like that because that's a figure of speech, but "semi-forgot?" You need to up your scum game.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:17 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 365, Tayl0r Swift wrote:everyone's posting is really weird and im having a hard time. pickaxe makes no sense but i actually like the post about shelly. that said its incredibly surface level so maybe im giving it too much credit. maybe the post also pocketed me by defending me.
In post 366, Tayl0r Swift wrote:on reflection, VOTE: pickaxe pete
If Pickaxe Pete flips scum, I'm still pretty interested in Tayl0r tomorrow, although in a funny way she's so erratic and inconsistent it feels too conspicuously bad to be scum. Also, completely happy getting the heat if he flips town. I don't really get a vibe that he is happy and enthusiastic to be here.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Pickaxe Pete
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:20 am

Post by Pickaxe Pete »

In post 379, pob long wrote:.....What in the..... this game keeps on getting weirder. im afraid to ask whats a DWS
In post 381, Tayl0r Swift wrote:driving while stripping. cops hate sex workers.
Driving while suspended. Those are easy to beat. Like when a speeding ticket gets knocked down to a NLP.

Why are you voting for TaylorSwift, pob long? You both should be voting for shellyc.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:22 am

Post by Titus »

In post 411, Vecna wrote:
In post 396, Titus wrote:
In post 394, Fidget wrote:
In post 391, Titus wrote:
In post 317, Fidget wrote:
In post 315, Titus wrote:By the way, Fidget is lockscum. Taylor is town.

There was no "scumslip" at all. I was testing the fluidity of the wagons entirely. Fidget was sheeping scum based on wagon momentum before but this seals it.

I have no read on shelley but I know Fidget is scared.

Vecna is well Vecna.

VOTE: Fidget
Why does your VCA always implicate me? It's astounding to me that you've suspected me in every game we've ever played together, except for the one I was scum in.
I hate this woe is me. You are acting like this is a personal vendetta when I have no idea who you are. You're clearly some sort of alt that I have no knowledge of your main. So if my methods always ping you then it's either a) you're scum or b) you play like it. You spend this rant as if you're speaking to town me too.

Through page 15. Not touching the Pickaxe Pete wagon based on who got on. Reevaluating the wagon conclusion based on the motions of new wagons.

I think Battle Mage is getting sheeped by scum for his invalid premise and a reaction by Pickaxe that is easy to jump on.
I'm sorry I didn't mean for it to come off like accusing you of having a personal vendetta.

What I mean is that your method has a 0% success rate on me. Which is an option you left out, so I suppose that is option c).

I'm torn because the craziness of your test and its ensuing result doesn't match up with your confidence level. I feel you could have thought it was a good test as town, I guess. It's not the first time. I would say I'm past it but I just spent a lot of time getting annoyed about it so maybe it's a little soon to say that
Well, if you were really familiar with me, you'd know that a) my VCA is just wagon momentum study until day 3 with a scum lynch. Lockscum means I would be willing to vote you for the rest of today.

My problem is you seem to act like we have extensive history but you don't know basic things about me, my VCA, or apparently my scum game.
so you wouldnt agree with me your scum game relies a lot more on gimmicks like this early early vca, while your townplay involves a lot more gut and natural progression?
No. I don't argue what I did as VCA. As scum, I don't argue VCA early. I keep hidden the magical time where it becomes effective then more and more effective.

My townplay does involve more natural progression and is less cohesive than my scum play. My scum play has less holes but still frquently advises town of the best answer (unless forced into otherwise).

My personality is changing since my divorce though, which naturally carries over to how I play mafia. So meta circa 2017 should not be used to read me.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:26 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 369, pob long wrote:if Petes your name too.
I'm leaning town on this guy.
In post 370, shellyc wrote:VOTE: Pickaxe Pete

I hate the opening. Shading me opportunistically is super scummy. I don’t care if you call this OMGUS because I think shading me isn’t pro town at all at this point

I don’t think my listing of reads is fake and pointless. They are initial impressions and I’m still gutreading people atm
Was there a point at which shading you would have been pro-town?? Odd choice of words. Also lots of emotion here - a bit much for my taste.

What's your read on me btw?
In post 371, shellyc wrote:
In post 343, Pickaxe Pete wrote:

I need to stop forgetting about stuff, can someone give me a tl;dr with the 6 new pages

also replacements don't just happen for inactivity, force-replacement is a way to solve a compromised slot but you're not supposed to discuss replacements anyways
In post 279, shellyc wrote:initial impressions

plusjoy is probably scum here ;) like tbh this is a serious read, for 1) reasons I cant talk about and 2) town!plus does solve despite the solves might not being correct, plus is very agreeable here or am I just paranoid about you

don't like taylor's posting feels very forced

pob long is nullish scum to me, weird flexes and their posting confuses me
Do you have a town read?
Townleaning fidget and Titus. Titus reaction test is pretty indica to ice of a solving mindset and fidgets posting gives me a good vibe (this is more gut)
No ballsy reads here.
In post 374, Pickaxe Pete wrote:
In post 368, pob long wrote:
In post 360, Pickaxe Pete wrote:
In post 318, pob long wrote:
In post 312, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 94, shellyc wrote:
In post 88, Princess Leia wrote:Why are you pointing me to your signature? Is there a town or scum game you want me to examine there to compare to this game?
To prove that I have played games on this account, and therefore have not created this specifically for this game
PL very aggressive towards shellyc here, it looks like
Day 1
bus'ing.
could be
pob long, if that is your real name, I think you're probably town even if you're a HTV.
what is that
Because you posted your driver's license photo I'm assuming you were recently reinstated. My first guess was you were a habitual traffic violator, but that might be unfair. Could just be a DWS.
:yawn: :facepalm:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:27 am

Post by Battle Mage »

i havent caught up yet, but i see from above post, Titus is burying me for some reason. In defence of Pete? Wtf man, colour me intrigued. invalid premise pfft
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:48 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 383, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 315, Titus wrote:
By the way, Fidget is lockscum. Taylor is town.

There was no "scumslip" at all.
I was testing the fluidity of the wagons entirely.
Fidget was sheeping scum based on wagon momentum before but this seals it.

I have no read on shelley but I know Fidget is scared.

Vecna is well Vecna.

VOTE: Fidget
Bolded part does seem like complete BS.
Strictly speaking, the only bolded part was the vote, so not really BS. I think I dig what you meant to say though.
In post 385, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 334, Marashu wrote:That said, when I saw it, it was meant to gauge the towniness/scuminess of the person being targeted, so it strikes me as weird to do this to someone who is V/LA, or at least not waiting that it was fabricated until the person got back to see if she got nervous.
An actual good point being made.
hey I've made lots of good points...I think...(how's my humility Titus!?)...I'm a fountain of insight, check my ISO!
In post 346, Battle Mage wrote:you mean the saw game where I single-handedly fked the entire game up for town? yeah, i think that answers your question.

On a more serious note, I generally reap better rewards when I lay low for the first half of day 1. I haven't done it often, but when I have, my reads have tended to be really good - Saw Day 1 was actually an example of that, although better examples in games since. Good question though.
I like the humility here and it explains some reservations I had about you. I am used to the Battle Mage that goes all out as town (barring that one game you had a post restriction).
You've seen enough of me as town and scum to know the difference.
In post 352, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 348, Pickaxe Pete wrote:I've seen enough to do this for now.

VOTE: shellyc
you've seen people want you gone

you've seen shelly is the counterwagon with most momentum

you are joining

regardless of shelly's alignment, i'd say this is not a good look for you hombre
The shelley wagon is literally dying and was never going to be a thing. The wagon on me is the more viable counterwagon. Your premise is just wrong here.
Respectfully, I disagree. But more to the point, saying my premise is wrong is needlessly antagonistic, and even if you actually believe what you say here, I'm not sure why you're bothering to quibble with me about it. If you want to defend Pete, you'll need to do better than picking on one observation (of many), and trying to undermine it without anything substantive. No bueno.
In post 391, Titus wrote: Through page 15. Not touching the Pickaxe Pete wagon based on who got on. Reevaluating the wagon conclusion based on the motions of new wagons.

I think Battle Mage is getting sheeped by scum for his invalid premise and a reaction by Pickaxe that is easy to jump on.
An alternative interpretation would be, at this stage, if Pete was town, he's not putting the slightest bit of effort into demonstrating it.

I'm not sure concern about who got on his wagon is enough of an excuse for you not being on it. It's Day 1, you have no confirmed knowledge of any other player's alignment, and Pete is clearly scummy (although you've ignored the reasons for that, unclear why). And bussing/distancing is a thing. So you won't vote Pete because of other players voting for him? Yeah, I don't buy it.

I'm nonetheless pleased you are accepting, without a shred of doubt, that I'm town here.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:02 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 395, Titus wrote:
In post 392, Tayl0r Swift wrote:so titus how many scum do you think are on the pickaxe wagon and who are they?
I need a VC to answer this specifically.

However, I am drawing this conclusion because 1) the premise that started the wagon is wrong and obviously so 2) my wagon minus Vecna jumped onto the Pickaxe wagon, 3) the wagon movement makes me rethink my earlier wagon momentum thoughts
What? Yuck, I really don't like this.

Let's break it down:

1. You didn't want to join the Pete wagon because of other people on it. But from the above, you're not actually sure who was on it.
2. You're labouring the point that the "premise that started the wagon is wrong" - however, the premise you're referring to was by no means pivotal in starting the wagon, or a critical component of it. In simple terms, it seems to me that you've seen a bunch of legitimate reasons for voting Pickaxe Pete, and you've chosen to pick one, make a subjective judgement falsely presented as fact to undermine it as an argument (as noted, I think your judgement here is clearly wrong, and am slightly baffled you're arguing so strongly otherwise, but it's of little consequence anyway). You've then conspicuously failed to engage with any of the other arguments, and have instead falsely implied that there aren't any.
3. This is the second post in a row in which you've vaguely referenced your observations about wagon momentum. It's a fairly trivial point compared to the above, but I'm not sure what you're gaining by making those comments? They are too vague to be of any value to you later if you were going back to your own ISO. They are also not even close to being helpful to anybody else by explaining your train of thought. It just seems like a way to present yourself as being very clever and scumhunting, when actually it doesn't appear you are?

FoS: Titus

Also I sorta like Fidget as town for seeming so irritated and struggling to get over it, and if Titus flips scum, that did not feel like a SvS interaction.

I'll be back tomorrow probably, tired now.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:12 am

Post by Fidget »

In post 344, Pickaxe Pete wrote:277 comes from an informed perspective
Are we not going to talk about how Pete said that this post that sort of implies shellyc is informed about his slot being scum comes from an informed perspective? How is that a genuine town thought? Is he saying he's scum with shelly? Wha?

BM pointed this out and then I made a big deal out of it and Pete still hasn't explained what this means. He's posted fluff, asked to be put on trial a few times, and thrown every reason he can to suspect shelly possible at her in a giga tunnel. Nothing about this seems good to me.

I thought Titus was saying she disagreed with this premise for the Pete wagon but actually I guess she's saying she disagrees with whatever started the Leia wagon in the first place? Which isn't even relevant to my vote so :I
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:13 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 435, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 395, Titus wrote:
In post 392, Tayl0r Swift wrote:so titus how many scum do you think are on the pickaxe wagon and who are they?
I need a VC to answer this specifically.

However, I am drawing this conclusion because 1) the premise that started the wagon is wrong and obviously so 2) my wagon minus Vecna jumped onto the Pickaxe wagon, 3) the wagon movement makes me rethink my earlier wagon momentum thoughts
What? Yuck, I really don't like this.

Let's break it down:

1. You didn't want to join the Pete wagon because of other people on it. But from the above, you're not actually sure who was on it.
2. You're labouring the point that the "premise that started the wagon is wrong" - however, the premise you're referring to was by no means pivotal in starting the wagon, or a critical component of it. In simple terms, it seems to me that you've seen a bunch of legitimate reasons for voting Pickaxe Pete, and you've chosen to pick one, make a subjective judgement falsely presented as fact to undermine it as an argument (as noted, I think your judgement here is clearly wrong, and am slightly baffled you're arguing so strongly otherwise, but it's of little consequence anyway). You've then conspicuously failed to engage with any of the other arguments, and have instead falsely implied that there aren't any.
3. This is the second post in a row in which you've vaguely referenced your observations about wagon momentum. It's a fairly trivial point compared to the above, but I'm not sure what you're gaining by making those comments? They are too vague to be of any value to you later if you were going back to your own ISO. They are also not even close to being helpful to anybody else by explaining your train of thought. It just seems like a way to present yourself as being very clever and scumhunting, when actually it doesn't appear you are?

FoS: Titus

Also I sorta like Fidget as town for seeming so irritated and struggling to get over it, and if Titus flips scum, that did not feel like a SvS interaction.

I'll be back tomorrow probably, tired now.
why is this not enough for a vote?
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:18 am

Post by Fidget »

In post 426, Gypyx wrote:
In post 414, Gypyx wrote:Hmmmm i think figet's reaction to titus's reaction test feels like paranoia, i'd say scum!paranoia but not sure about this one
What does that mean? Wouldn't scum paranoia be fake paranoia? So, does it feel like paranoia or does it feel fake?
Basically, paranoia generated by a scum mindset like, an "oh shit he's onto me" moment you see?
I don't think "paranoia" means what you think it means. I don't think scum can be paranoid, not exactly anyway.

I think a more accurate description would be "Scum caught for the wrong reasons". So like, I'm scum, Titus points out insane reason for me being scum, I flip out because it's not true (Because it isn't), but the response is massive because I'm annoyed at being caught for bad reasoning, which would then make the person reading me think they read me right when in reality they got lucky.

That's not what's happening here though I'm just an angry bean in response to votes a lot regardless of alignment. I'm not sure if I'm the type to get angry over being caught for the wrong reasoning because it hasn't happened yet, but if my town game is any indicator then yes I would
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:40 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 405, Tayl0r Swift wrote:so titus and fidget were just distancing? this reconciliation reads really strange to me. but maybe thats just because its past bedtime.
Something is VERY OFF

I can't put my finger on what, exactly.

On one hand I am reading Fidget as town, but am puzzled by the extreme deference and attention paid to mollifying Titus, as if it was more important to convince Titus than the rest of the town.

On the other hand, Titus' phony gambit was just that, a phony gambit. But is it alignment-indicative? If so, which alignment?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:42 pm

In post 426, Gypyx wrote:
aka "caught for the wrong reasons?"
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:44 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Why meta is rubbish:
In post 431, Titus wrote:No. I don't argue what I did as VCA. As scum, I don't argue VCA early. I keep hidden the magical time where it becomes effective then more and more effective.

My townplay does involve more natural progression and is less cohesive than my scum play. My scum play has less holes but still frquently advises town of the best answer (unless forced into otherwise).

My personality is changing since my divorce though, which naturally carries over to how I play mafia. So meta circa 2017 should not be used to read me.

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:46 pm

Post by Titus »

@BM,

Stop being butthurt that your Pickaxe wagon is full of scumbutts and bad town.

Also, I never reread my ISOs. I use VCs to assess wagons later. That's why it's called VCA.

I'll wait here while you scream Pickaxe is scum and wonder why the wagon fails.

@DGB,

Thanks
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:47 pm

I'm nursing a game crush on Battle Mage.

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:48 pm

Post by Titus »

Taylor, on a 1-10, how bad does a town!Titus scare you right now?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:48 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 436, Fidget wrote:I thought Titus was saying she disagreed with this premise for the Pete wagon
Yes
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:50 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 444, Titus wrote:Taylor, on a 1-10, how bad does a town!Titus scare you right now?
what?
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:51 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

im scared of scum!titus, which is why im voting titus!titus
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:52 pm

Fidget, find your 'nads and help us find scum.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:55 pm

OH WAIT

Pickaxe is replacing Leia? Mmmm

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”