Mini Normal 2169 : random facts, game over !

Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:31 am

Post by Menalque »

Mine
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:31 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 144, Menalque wrote:In what sense, even vaguely, can you be said to have “busted my ass”
i had a list of 2 scum, you were on it. immediately afterwards you voted for me, apparently at least partly due to your fear that i would elim you (as you quoted that post when you voted me). Sorry dude but I'm taking those bragging rights to the bank, I busted your ass. :lol:
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:33 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 145, Menalque wrote:
In post 143, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 135, Menalque wrote:Bruh I haven’t even read saw but if you’re saying “you remind me of me, not a good vibe” that p strongly implies you were scum in the game you’re saying I remind you of you in
i disagree
Ok why
eh? i don't agree it strongly implies that at all - it's a leap of faith you have made. The burden of proof is on you to convince otherwise, not the other way around.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:35 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 139, Menalque wrote:The last line is sarcasm?
yes
In post 140, Menalque wrote:What’s your read on BM, datisi?
i thought he was vaguely +town for the mindmeld about noraa

truth be told i'm not following the spat between you two since the thread is moving fast (to me) and i'm tired
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:37 am

Post by Noraa »

Ok ok I see a shit ton of posts directed at me. I'm not replying to all of them individually. that's way too much work especially when most the questions are basically the same. Someone compile the questions into one post and I'll reply to that. I agree that currently NoraavBM definitely gives for a TvS look. However I believe town should not only focus on us two. The reason is that town is going to let the other scums do whatever tf they want. {Noraa, BM} has at most one scum. I am 100% sure of this fact bc I am town however it seems town agrees also that a Bm/Noraa scum team would not work. I think we do need to be looking elsewhere as well is my point. You can continue to tunnel, yes. But I dont see much potential there considering even if best case scenario town lims scum!Bm, tomorrow you will realize that you tunneled the shit out of two players and have close to nothing on whoever the other scums are.

pedit:can y'all slow tf down I'm having a hard time keeping up
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:38 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 146, Noraa wrote:
In post 117, Menalque wrote:I think a scum in (BM, noraa) seems likely above rand
Not sure if BM is scum at this point in time cuz as town, I've never actually been tunneled day 1 before. I've reread my entrance in attempt to seeing what I did differently this game that got me these reactions but I'm not seeing anything which is definitely adding to my suspicions on BM just being a scum trying to kill off some LHF day 1. Putting pressures on newbies generally always gets u some good "scum tells" but I find those often aren't AI instead are just a more experienced player trying to get a mislim. I think BM could very likely be a scum here tho. This is not backtracking no. Top of my scum reads is still BM. I am however not too sure if my read is accurate given my lack of experience.

However BM is the only one that is discrediting my opinions bc of inexperience. I'll quote some posts of his in my next post with that. It's either really rude of him or he is scum trying tp set me up to look like LHF so he can leave me til limlo where my opinions won't matter. I might be overthinking a shit ton considering we are on like page 5 but anyways yeah
I mean, you're literally discrediting your own opinions bc of inexperience, and using that as a reason we shouldn't elim you.

I don't know who LHF is, and I'm gonna take your "rude" accusation with a pinch of salt given you threw it at me earlier for accusing you of being scum (which is the point of the game).

I actually think you would have got some towncred for backtracking on me, but it still just looks like you backtracked on Datisi as you knew I would be more tenacious and you didn't want a war on two fronts. I don't see your Datisi-retreat as you re-evaluating your opinion at all, it sounds more like you're in denial that it ever happened. Although luckily this is forum mafia, and the evidence is in the thread.

If you wanted to be more constructive, you could look at Menalque and tell me what you think, as you've ignored him completely to this point.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:40 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 153, Datisi wrote:
In post 139, Menalque wrote:The last line is sarcasm?
yes
In post 140, Menalque wrote:What’s your read on BM, datisi?
i thought he was vaguely +town for the mindmeld about noraa

truth be told i'm not following the spat between you two since the thread is moving fast (to me) and i'm tired
is menalque an ego player? If we have split alignment neighbours, I'm quite fond of the idea we flip Menalque today, and then if he's town, we get the sweet pleasure of flipping Ico tomorrow. (not in a serious way though, for da newbies).
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:41 am

Post by Noraa »

I am inexperienced correct and that means I make more mistakes that others no matter my alignment. That is a fact. However using something that everyone has to go thru against me to discredit my opinions is a pretty shitty thing to do.

LHF- low hanging fruit or easy limbait

I Fosed Datisi and that doesn't equal I must follow up with a vote or SR
I SRed BM and I still do but am a little uncertain and will be rethinking. I dont think this SR will disappear. I'm just waiting for more evidence
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:42 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 154, Noraa wrote:Ok ok I see a shit ton of posts directed at me. I'm not replying to all of them individually. that's way too much work especially when most the questions are basically the same. Someone compile the questions into one post and I'll reply to that. I agree that currently NoraavBM definitely gives for a TvS look. However I believe town should not only focus on us two. The reason is that town is going to let the other scums do whatever tf they want. {Noraa, BM} has at most one scum. I am 100% sure of this fact bc I am town however it seems town agrees also that a Bm/Noraa scum team would not work. I think we do need to be looking elsewhere as well is my point. You can continue to tunnel, yes. But I dont see much potential there considering even if best case scenario town lims scum!Bm, tomorrow you will realize that you tunneled the shit out of two players and have close to nothing on whoever the other scums are.

pedit:can y'all slow tf down I'm having a hard time keeping up
You say the town shouldnt focus on us 2, but all you have done is talk about me. In contrast, I have talked about everybody else. Spot the one scumhunting from the one posturing.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:42 am

Post by Noraa »

Did you just tell me I have ignored someone?
How rich that its coming from you, a person that has only tunneled me and buddied everyone else
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:47 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 157, Noraa wrote:I am inexperienced correct and that means I make more mistakes that others no matter my alignment. That is a fact. However using something that everyone has to go thru against me to discredit my opinions is a pretty shitty thing to do.

I SRed BM and I still do but am a little uncertain and will be rethinking. I dont think this SR will disappear. I'm just waiting for more evidence
as i noted in a previous post, you yourself are using your inexperience as a crutch to absolve yourself of responsibility for high quality scumhunting. You're lazily tunnelling me, and accusing me of things which are factually and demonstrably inaccurate, at the expense of time and effort, for no benefit. You have discredited your own opinions to excuse yourself for when I, at some stage, flip town. Your read on me is based on nothing, and you haven't shown any legitimate scumhunting to me yet. Everyone makes mistakes, all you can ever do is try your best, regardless of your pedigree.

There's a question of consistency with your Datisi and BM reads. I won't labour the point as i've said it many times now. A town player should not feel compelled to stick with the same reads, but they should be able to explain why their reads changed. You are sticking with a debunked attack on me for no reason, and yet have not explained why you backtracked so hard from Datisi.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:48 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 159, Noraa wrote:Did you just tell me I have ignored someone?
How rich that its coming from you, a person that has only tunneled me and buddied everyone else
it's apparent you haven't read the thread then. Disappointing. I'm done for the night. adios
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:02 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 156, Battle Mage wrote:is menalque an ego player? If we have split alignment neighbours, I'm quite fond of the idea we flip Menalque today, and then if he's town, we get the sweet pleasure of flipping Ico tomorrow. (not in a serious way though, for da newbies).
"i think maybe a bit" at the first part, no comment on the second

i probably sound like a broken record atp but i kinda hate the bottom of
i get that you fossed me but like what, i don't get why you're walking back from it
"i'm uncertain about BM, but i don't think the SR will disappear, i'm just waiting for more evidence"

@mena pls gib tldr on BM scum?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:04 am

Post by Noraa »

Spoiler:
In post 65, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 36, Noraa wrote:
In post 33, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 10, Datisi wrote:
In post 9, Menalque wrote:I can only assume that datisi’s lack of enthusiasm, as proven FACTUALLY by her not getting first post, is a result of her being scum, probably with iconeum

2 down 1 to go
not so fast. "2 down 1 to go"? are you slipping that you know there are 3 scum in this game? the only logical explanation for this is that you are scum yourself and therefore this is a shitpush

checkmate
this is particularly weak, and i'm not overwhelmingly impressed with the jokey, overly flamboyant openings from Menalque and Datisi. Odds of both being scum, slim. Odds of 1 being scum, pretty good based on past experience. VOTE: Datisi
In post 17, Menalque wrote:Who wants to leave RVS early? Show of hands
After your little opening exchange with Datisi, I'm about ready to leave the game early. If only I hadn't claimed already... :facepalm:
I agree that its likely one is scum. The claiming early thing reads bad on ur part unless its a joke
Scr00 y00, don't tell me how to play, grr! And if you're gonna just piggyback off my reads, gimme some actual data to work with, rather than just agreeing with me.
In post 39, Noraa wrote:idc if its a joke. its not a joke you should be making
With respect, you've said you have not completed a single game of mafia. Even if I completely suck ass, I don't need you telling me what I should or shouldn't be doing in this game. Dial down the preaching sister.

In post 42, Noraa wrote:
In post 41, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 26, Noraa wrote:Found 2 scums 1 more to goooo ^^
who are the two?
it was a joke calm ur butt
is anything you've said so far serious? this jokey shit gets short shrift with me when it's prolific. Nothing worse than someone doing a bunch of scummy crap and excusing it with "I was only joking :shifty: "
Discrediting this early. The defensive one definitely looks like you here.
In post 81, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 64, Noraa wrote:
In post 58, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 54, Noraa wrote:plus I dont have to have finished town games to prove I'm town. This logic is really flawed
tell me how you will prove it otherwise though?
I dont think you need finished town games to prove ur town. Meta is trash and unreliable a lot of the time anyways so I dont see what's wrong with not having any. It just means I'm newer than everyone else but so? u trying to tell me that all new players have no way to prove they aren't scum and have to be scum every round until they have a finished town game? Im being a lil defensive ig? But like ur logic just isn't making any sense to me...
The wording of this is really poor. wishy washy rubbish.

"meta is trash"? an odd thing for a newbie who has never completed a game as town to say.
Meta can be very useful, although it isn't a silver bullet. Also useful is the threat of meta - and the "meta is trash" line is a real cheap way to try and discourage people from using an alternative avenue for scrutinising others. Marginally scummy but also bad form in my view (although i am old school).

And yes, I do think you are defensive, and I'm pinged by your hasty retreat when you tried to pressure Datisi and he wasn't having any of it. You said his vote was scummy, but your lack of courage of conviction didn't ring as town to me.

Obviously you not having a completed town game doesnt mean you are scum. I'm just testing you.
Discrediting again. "Her saying meta sucks doesn't mean shit cuz she's new" is what I hear. "I'm just testing u" what kind of literal bs is this? I feel like I'd have to be the stupidest person in the world to believe that all that tunneling can just be summed up as a quick "test"
In post 115, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 98, Noraa wrote:
In post 96, Noraa wrote:BM is basically only focusing on me and ngl that strikes me as pretty scummy considering I'm prolly one of the newest players in general in this game and I definitely strike most people as LHF first impression. Tunneling this early into the game is just a huge scumtell imo.

VOTE: Battle Mage
His entire play so far has been fluff and tunneling Noraa. There has been zero other content
I'll actually comment on this, because it's riddled with flaws. I have commented on other things - I talked about Datisi and Menalque's early engagement, and I talked about Datisi's vote on you. Not much else has happened, so I've basically talked about everything I possibly could have. Some fluff, but nothing selective.

Playing the newbie card to get yourself out of the spotlight above, is a scumtell in my book. I'm not going to give you a free-pass because you're new. You being new and vulnerable is a very good reason for targetting you in the first place - you are more likely to give interesting AI reactions in response to pressure.

Saying tunnelling is a scumtell when you have been tunnelling me as much as you think I've tunnelled you, is....meh.
1) you already replied to this post once
2) I'm tunneling as much as u? u take that back. hands down a complete lie.
3) "being new and vulnerable is a very good reason to target" hold tf up. I've never seen a playerlist bully noobs like this before. This isn't even that AI its just purely mean at this point.
In post 123, Battle Mage wrote:that's helpful, thanks Bob! she doesn't really think datisi is null, she's just too scared of him to continue pressing. Doesn't want a fight on two-fronts, which seems like sensible play for Noraa-scum, but nonsensical play for Noraa-town.

On a lighter note, Taylor Swift hasn't posted in the first 5 pages!?

dont talk for me. thanks
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:06 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

first
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:08 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 160, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 157, Noraa wrote:I am inexperienced correct and that means I make more mistakes that others no matter my alignment. That is a fact. However using something that everyone has to go thru against me to discredit my opinions is a pretty shitty thing to do.

as i noted in a previous post, you yourself are using your inexperience as a crutch to absolve yourself of responsibility for high quality scumhunting. You're lazily tunnelling me, and accusing me of things which are factually and demonstrably inaccurate, at the expense of time and effort, for no benefit. You have discredited your own opinions to excuse yourself for when I, at some stage, flip town. Your read on me is based on nothing, and you haven't shown any legitimate scumhunting to me yet. Everyone makes mistakes, all you can ever do is try your best, regardless of your pedigree.

There's a question of consistency with your Datisi and BM reads. I won't labour the point as i've said it many times now. A town player should not feel compelled to stick with the same reads, but they should be able to explain why their reads changed. You are sticking with a debunked attack on me for no reason, and yet have not explained why you backtracked so hard from Datisi.
This conflict directly with all the bs u threw at me earlier. This is subjective. If you want to set up limbait, u will just say they are backtracking but if they are ur scum buddy, u will say they are town for having fluid reads. I am sticking to a SR on u bc ur scummy as hell. I didn't back track "so hard" It was a tiny change in opinion and you turned it into a huge ass deal
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:09 am

Post by Noraa »

I feel greatly bullied here btw :D
y'all tunnel hard
accuse me of using AtE if u wish. In a way it is asking u to stop tunneling this hard
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:10 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 65, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 36, Noraa wrote:
In post 33, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 10, Datisi wrote:
In post 9, Menalque wrote:I can only assume that datisi’s lack of enthusiasm, as proven FACTUALLY by her not getting first post, is a result of her being scum, probably with iconeum

2 down 1 to go
not so fast. "2 down 1 to go"? are you slipping that you know there are 3 scum in this game? the only logical explanation for this is that you are scum yourself and therefore this is a shitpush

checkmate
this is particularly weak, and i'm not overwhelmingly impressed with the jokey, overly flamboyant openings from Menalque and Datisi. Odds of both being scum, slim. Odds of 1 being scum, pretty good based on past experience. VOTE: Datisi
In post 17, Menalque wrote:Who wants to leave RVS early? Show of hands
After your little opening exchange with Datisi, I'm about ready to leave the game early. If only I hadn't claimed already... :facepalm:
I agree that its likely one is scum. The claiming early thing reads bad on ur part unless its a joke
Scr00 y00, don't tell me how to play, grr! And if you're gonna just piggyback off my reads, gimme some actual data to work with, rather than just agreeing with me.
In post 39, Noraa wrote:idc if its a joke. its not a joke you should be making
With respect, you've said you have not completed a single game of mafia. Even if I completely suck ass, I don't need you telling me what I should or shouldn't be doing in this game. Dial down the preaching sister.
In post 42, Noraa wrote:
In post 41, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 26, Noraa wrote:Found 2 scums 1 more to goooo ^^
who are the two?
it was a joke calm ur butt
is anything you've said so far serious? this jokey shit gets short shrift with me when it's prolific. Nothing worse than someone doing a bunch of scummy crap and excusing it with "I was only joking :shifty: "
go away
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:17 am

Post by Noraa »

+ nice points for Taylor
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:22 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 72, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 67, Noraa wrote:So far BM's the scummiest person here. I see his SR on me as trying to set up some easy limbait since I hear I tend to give off that first impression. Ofc we are still technically kinda in rvs so this is a fairly weak read but ye I will be putting this here for future reference of what I was thinking 3 pages into the game. First impressions can often help town find the scums so I'm not too sure if I found one but we'll see :D
You are probably literally the only person who thinks I'm remotely scummy here. I'm pretty obvtown, even from my own perspective. Also, you are playing that RVS card way too hard, although can let that slide as you're a newbie.

However, I actually like the above post. Feels like a legit misguided attempt to get bragging rights. Some townie points for you (although no bragging rights, because, i'm not scum, and you tunnelling me is not helping town).
yes let me tell you how much you should have me as locktown on page 3
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:29 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 151, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 144, Menalque wrote:In what sense, even vaguely, can you be said to have “busted my ass”
i had a list of 2 scum, you were on it. immediately afterwards you voted for me, apparently at least partly due to your fear that i would elim you (as you quoted that post when you voted me). Sorry dude but I'm taking those bragging rights to the bank, I busted your ass. :lol:
Nah fam, because this would require me having fear of you being capable of guillotining me, so try again

I’m voting you because I’m increasingly thinking your pushes and efforts to sling shit are more likely to come from scum!you than town!you
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:31 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 152, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 145, Menalque wrote:
In post 143, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 135, Menalque wrote:Bruh I haven’t even read saw but if you’re saying “you remind me of me, not a good vibe” that p strongly implies you were scum in the game you’re saying I remind you of you in
i disagree
Ok why
eh? i don't agree it strongly implies that at all - it's a leap of faith you have made. The burden of proof is on you to convince otherwise, not the other way around.
I think this is pretty clearly not the reasonable assessment of anyone who’s coming to that statement from outside of the two of us

“You remind me of me, not a good vibe” in a /mafia game context/ is, i think, pretty clearly implying that you’re saying something about alignment unless you wanna argue that you have a well known reputation for disliking yourself as a person
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:32 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 153, Datisi wrote:i thought he was vaguely +town for the mindmeld about noraa
I would agree that if noraa is scum then he’s just arrogant, but I think he’s posting in a fairly agenda-y way (the push on noraa but also trying to leave room to pivot in my direction, advancing support for the opposite-neighbours thing but wanting to flip me first and only then icon)
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:33 am

Post by Menalque »

I assume that also answers your question about the tldr

Idk, dragon is prob still a better vote? But I don’t mind getting rid of BM today even if he is town if he’s one of the arrogant posters who is gonna spam the thread up with a bunch of very loud and wrong posts
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:34 am

Post by Gypyx »

Bottom text
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”