Mini Normal 2168 | So Many Bats! | Game Over!

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2375 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:58 am

Post by Battle Mage »

i feel pretty hot about partner equity between mundivore - duppin too if duppin flips red.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #2376 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:59 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 2372, Battle Mage wrote:do you believe norweg's claim? my initial thought was "sounds like bs". i need to read it properly though
Yeah, I believe it. I don't think Norwee comes up with that in less than 2 min. It also makes Tayl0r look better, and not worse, which isn't exactly ideal for scum!Norwee who Tayl0r was scumreading iirc
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2377 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:59 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2374, Hectic wrote:Right... it better not be another choice of wording tell. Is this based on meta with duppin, or an independent read?
LOL, it's not quite that no, but it is about keywords, and wholly independent read. don't spill the beans anyway, i love that i can still catch scum with the simple things. :lol:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2378 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2376, Hectic wrote:
In post 2372, Battle Mage wrote:do you believe norweg's claim? my initial thought was "sounds like bs". i need to read it properly though
Yeah, I believe it. I don't think Norwee comes up with that in less than 2 min. It also makes Tayl0r look better, and not worse, which isn't exactly ideal for scum!Norwee who Tayl0r was scumreading iirc
hmm....remind me what town role has knowledge of a mafia doctor, and what the point of that would be? seems a bit...random? dunno, jury's out for me until i read it i think
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2379 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:02 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

you may as well sheep me anyway. get that vote to work and get some info at least.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #2380 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:02 pm

Post by Hectic »

I see lol
Well, hate to break it to you, but no one's sheeping you unless you provide some sort of reasons or case.

Pedit: Informed Townie. Why, I wouldn't know without seeing the whole setup and more claims which we can't rn obviously
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2381 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:04 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2380, Hectic wrote:I see lol
Well, hate to break it to you, but no one's sheeping you unless you provide some sort of reasons or case.

Pedit: Informed Townie. Why, I wouldn't know without seeing the whole setup and more claims which we can't rn obviously
i find that hard to believe. you've made it nearly 100 pages, and all that has happened is 1.5 claims? and they were in the last 10 pages.

I think ppl had probably better sheep me :giggle:

does my claim help somewhat?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2382 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:05 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

also, the leading wagon is like 2/3 probable scum, so somebody needs to actually make some move.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2383 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:14 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Ya, I'm struggling with this sequence:

Norweg: "Screw you taylor, you scum scum scum"
Taylor: "dude ffs, i'm the town rolestopper"
Norweg: "Ah ha! I have relevant knowledge which proves there is a mafia doctor, which is similar to your claim"
Norweg, a few posts later: "well, I guess my knowledge didn't really matter, I'm just gonna town-read you now".

Norweg spewing out an "informed townie" claim for basically no reason doesn't add up to me. It didn't seem like sharing that knowledge at that point served any benefit, and Norweg-town would probably keep his cards closer to his chest...maybe?

Like, what was the point of him claiming anything?

In contrast, I thought the way Taylor claimed was very believable as town. and presumably she'll be killed at some point anyway as a claimed town PR.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #2384 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:15 pm

Post by Hectic »

Your claim doesn't help in the slightest and you know that lol. If it's actually a serious one, I need you to really explain the thought process behind that one.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2385 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

scum-city, from scummiest to least
duppin
shellyc
Mundivore
NorwegianboyEE
Hectic

neutral-ville no particular order
3. bugspray
6. davesaz
11. Redados
12. UNOwen

town-land
PlusJOYED
Tayl0r Swift
Noraa
Battle Mage
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2386 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2384, Hectic wrote:Your claim doesn't help in the slightest and you know that lol. If it's actually a serious one, I need you to really explain the thought process behind that one.
i know i'm just messing haha

it's a deadly serious claim though, and i'll explain post-game. :lol:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #2387 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:18 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 2383, Battle Mage wrote:Ya, I'm struggling with this sequence:

Norweg: "Ah ha! I have relevant knowledge which proves there is a mafia doctor, which is similar to your claim"
Norweg, a few posts later: "well, I guess my knowledge didn't really matter, I'm just gonna town-read you now".

Norweg spewing out an "informed townie" claim for basically no reason doesn't add up to me. It didn't seem like sharing that knowledge at that point served any benefit, and Norweg-town would probably keep his cards closer to his chest...maybe?

In contrast, I thought the way Taylor claimed was very believable as town. and presumably she'll be killed at some point anyway as a claimed town PR.
The point of claiming is because it's directly relevant in working out whether Tayl0r's claim is legitimate. Scum are unlikely to have both a doc and a rolestopper, so it comes down to ascertaining whether Tayl0r is a mafia doc who's decided to claim rolestopper instead (arguably more sus as scum so bad idea), or is a town rolestopper.

Pedit: :dead: I won't forget to ask
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #2388 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:18 pm

Post by Hectic »

:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2389 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:23 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Hectic man, did you read the duppin ISO? it's one of the scummiest ISO's I've ever seen, and I refuse to believe you can read it in good faith and not think he's scum.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2390 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:27 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2387, Hectic wrote:
In post 2383, Battle Mage wrote:Ya, I'm struggling with this sequence:

The point of claiming is because it's directly relevant in working out whether Tayl0r's claim is legitimate. Scum are unlikely to have both a doc and a rolestopper, so it comes down to ascertaining whether Tayl0r is a mafia doc who's decided to claim rolestopper instead (arguably more sus as scum so bad idea), or is a town rolestopper.

Pedit: :dead: I won't forget to ask
erm, but it didn't achieve that did it? I mean, info is nice i guess, but that information didn't help make a definitive decision about Taylor. The default would have been trusting her claim, so unless Norweg was claiming to undermine her, I can't see the point. Although it read to me like he was initially trying to frame his "info" as a counter-claim of sorts, but it ended up being a bit bungled.

In any case, the interaction between duppin and Norweg is seriously rough, so a duppin red-flip means Norweg is maybe top target tomorrow.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2391 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:27 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

VOTE: duppin :idea:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #2392 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:30 pm

Post by Hectic »

It doesn't matter what town!Norwee thought it meant for Tayl0r in the instance that he claimed - he'd only had a minute or two to think about it after all - he came around to thinking she was town for it a few posts later is the important thing.

Default would definitely not be trusting Tayl0r's claim. If you run someone up and they claim PR, it just increases the chance they're scum, not decreases.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #2393 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:32 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 2389, Battle Mage wrote:Hectic man, did you read the duppin ISO? it's one of the scummiest ISO's I've ever seen, and I refuse to believe you can read it in good faith and not think he's scum.
I mean, he was pinging me a lot early on too, but I eventually figured his defensive choice of wording is an extension of his personality, and not alignment.

This is a good post:
In post 1905, UNOwen wrote:On ISO reread I still think duppin is town. I understand why the occasional text blocks that appear look like he is too concerned with explaining himself but I think that might just be his style, some of the arguments he makes are so meandering I don't know why he would bother with them as scum. The bugspray town read was not so lazily held as I thought it might be, he went back to bugs at least a couple of times which shows interest in actually solving. The Saudade vote continues to be a stain but I guess I can see why he would want to hold onto it when it was his major hook in the game and disappeared in a puff of smoke. Despite this focus, there is still an interest in the rest of the game throughout his posts and I can't detect any scum agenda.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2394 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:35 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2392, Hectic wrote:It doesn't matter what town!Norwee thought it meant for Tayl0r in the instance that he claimed - he'd only had a minute or two to think about it after all - he came around to thinking she was town for it a few posts later is the important thing.

Default would definitely not be trusting Tayl0r's claim. If you run someone up and they claim PR, it just increases the chance they're scum, not decreases.
i think the way she claimed seemed pretty town, it isnt just about what the claim is. it's the manner and circumstances. plus flipping the first claimed PR, no bueno.

i don't agree with your defence of Norweg. "he only had a minute or two" assumes he was somehow compelled to post immediately after the claim. He wasn't - if he was a legit informed role, wouldn't he have waited and taken stock before claiming unnecessarily? Using the fact it happened quickly as an excuse doesn't do it for me at all.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2395 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:36 pm

Post by UNOwen »

In post 2355, Hectic wrote:Leaning VOTE: Redados atm

UNOwen, what do you think of Redados's latest replies? Changed your mind in any capacity?
They have confirmed what I thought, that Redados's reads were wafer thin and not backed up by anything of substance. Already I thought this was the case with the two meta turned scumreads after he was so evasive when I questioned him. I find it pretty remarkable that he claims to have read enough of my posts to notice what I wasn't saying while also not noticing that what I was saying was pointing the finger at him. I guess I believe that he really wasn't aware that I suspected him, or at least that he forgot, because that is a pretty silly lie to tell if scum. However this just shows that his scum read against me which came to him after my second post was not all that thought out after all. That makes the "why are you townreading UNOwen!!!" stuff at the end of his catch up and in the posts after sound even more insincere.

My hesitation is that it's very brazen, and feels like exactly the sort of thing I would be targeting if I was scum trying to stitch up a lazy town player. Since Redados has never been under serious suspicion before though (I skimmed VCs, don't remember a single wagon against him ever getting further than two votes) it seems unlikely that this is the case, surely if this stuff was typical of Redados he would have faced more scrutiny throughout his games.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2396 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:37 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2393, Hectic wrote:
In post 2389, Battle Mage wrote:Hectic man, did you read the duppin ISO? it's one of the scummiest ISO's I've ever seen, and I refuse to believe you can read it in good faith and not think he's scum.
I mean, he was pinging me a lot early on too, but I eventually figured his defensive choice of wording is an extension of his personality, and not alignment.

This is a good post:
In post 1905, UNOwen wrote:On ISO reread I still think duppin is town. I understand why the occasional text blocks that appear look like he is too concerned with explaining himself but I think that might just be his style, some of the arguments he makes are so meandering I don't know why he would bother with them as scum. The bugspray town read was not so lazily held as I thought it might be, he went back to bugs at least a couple of times which shows interest in actually solving. The Saudade vote continues to be a stain but I guess I can see why he would want to hold onto it when it was his major hook in the game and disappeared in a puff of smoke. Despite this focus, there is still an interest in the rest of the game throughout his posts and I can't detect any scum agenda.
well im not gonna do big effort to change your mind i guess. i'm very confident he's scum, so happy to flip him if we can get a majority. we can get an easy one to begin with.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2397 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:41 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

ah i hope saudade is ok. his ISO was a rollercoaster of emotions.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #2398 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:35 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 2351, bugspray wrote:it would be so much nicer and easier to analyze this game if shelly and noraa didnt together make up over a third of all the posts dammit
It would also be nice if u had some actual reads + evidence to back any of them up.
In post 2356, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 2354, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 2352, PlusJOYED wrote:it says im at 4 votes but theres only 3 names?
Fixed.
i have a solution

VOTE: plusjoyed
I dont like that you hop on the largest wagon with zero reason.
In post 2357, Battle Mage wrote:my initial scumreads from a glance, are:

Norweg
Hectic
Shelly
this is the shittiest SR list I've seen so far with two of the literal towniest damn players in it.
In post 2367, Battle Mage wrote:scum-city, from scummiest to least
duppin
shellyc
Mundivore
NorwegianboyEE
Hectic

3. bugspray
4. PlusJOYED
6. davesaz
7. Tayl0r Swift
11. Redados
12. UNOwen

town-land
Noraa
Battle Mage
I dont want a free town pass. wtf.
In post 2370, Battle Mage wrote:did i claim yet? if not, i'm a VT
I hate this. VOTE: BM
In post 2385, Battle Mage wrote:scum-city, from scummiest to least
duppin
shellyc
Mundivore
NorwegianboyEE
Hectic

3. bugspray
6. davesaz
11. Redados
12. UNOwen

town-land
PlusJOYED
Tayl0r Swift
Noraa
Battle Mage
1) u just voted plus
2) Taylor claimed a pr so ur just trying to be safe

I was fine with Saudade. Bm is not doing Saudade's slot any justice if Saudade was town but now I'm convinced BM is scum.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #2399 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:36 pm

Post by Noraa »

Saudade wagon where y'all at?

Lets lim this slot
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”