duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:46 am

Post by duppin »

In post 446, Thestatusquo wrote:And now you've spent 2 more posts on it instead of actually discussing the game in a meaningful way.

There were 2 whole pages between
In post 398, duppin wrote:
In post 380, PJ. wrote:To be most clear; I think 2 of murder/outworld/duppin are scum and 1 of nora/chicken katsu/blitzo are scum
could you elaborate on this? i am mainly interested in your association reads
And this
In post 434, duppin wrote:
In post 428, PJ. wrote:I already claimed scum bro..

Also it isn't actively unhelpful. 3 scum in those 6. Probably could narrow it down more, but that'd require effort.
well it would be very helpful if you could elaborate on the association reads you made because they seem rather weird to me
and 6 whole pages between the first and your previous comment on the game.

Do you have nothing else to say about 8 pages of content?
of course i do, but i dont feel the need to comment on everything that is happening especially if i dont get anything from it and sometimes i prefer to see where a discussion leads.

ive aleady stated that while I think the initial scumread on kasu was pretty bad I think the townpass for his "anger" is questionable and not in the sense that it necessarily makes kasu more scummy, but more so that I think its odd for pooky to look up his meta and seeing he just seems to be aggressive by nature but still trying to give a townpass for it. I think my issue is perhaps not so much with the read itself but the fact that it feels like he is trying to push the read

i also dislike UneducatedGuesser's post but I can't quite explain what it is because when I read it the logic seems relatively solid actually
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:52 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 427, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 422, PJ. wrote:
In post 403, Noraa wrote:.......how in the world is this read helpful to anyone?
It'd probably be better if you thought more about it instead of asking me to explain it to you, but I def already explained why it's helpful.
I agree with Noraa that its actively unhelpful. And "X is scum look in your heart" is a common scum tactic.
This is the "these are clearly the scums but you'll have to go figure out why"
In post 428, PJ. wrote:I already claimed scum bro..

Also it isn't actively unhelpful. 3 scum in those 6. Probably could narrow it down more, but that'd require effort.
u took 3 people out of the limpool for ??? reason. First off, taking out three people isn't helpful to begin with cuz the scums will just nk those three if they are the most town and we'll still have the 6 people to choose from. Second off, you dont even have any evidence as for why we should be taking three people out.
In post 430, PJ. wrote:I'm poor at explaining. But I'm right so like...do whatever I guess.
I'm sorry but what? Your start date is in 2007. You literally cannot use the newb card under any given circumstance.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:56 am

Post by Noraa »

Panzer is honestly being so scummy I can't imagine them as scum. Scum would have to be really daring to play like this. I could see a scum!panzer but I think a town!panzer is more likely as it seems panzer has a jestery playstyle that just likes to deal in fluff. I might meta dive them a lil if I feel like it but we'll see
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:56 am

Post by Noraa »

Blitz has avoided solving me even tho my presence here has gotten bigger as I start actually keeping up with the thread. Blitz no avoiding. Solve me. A vague read is better than no read
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:04 am

Post by PJ. »

Lol.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:18 am

Post by Noraa »

Im gonna have to ask you to not just say lol and be done with everything. Please reply to accusations against u.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:23 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 449, Thestatusquo wrote:Pooky who do you think is most likely to be scum and why

Who do you think is most likely to be town and why

Shea is my top town-read atm because I like his progressions throughout the game - his transparency so far makes it very easily to follow along with his thoughts - I liked that he picked a fight with Kasu and re-evaluated after re-thinking his read after looking at different viewpoint - this looks better considering Kasu gained steam and it would've been just as easy to ignore the evidence - its very easy at this stage of the game with this Plist to push a ML on LHF-Kasu town just looking at his meta ->

but what if Kasu is scum here? You ask? What if Shea-Scum is backing off because he sees the wagon on his Kasu-distancing vote getting too big?

I dunno - I'm not sure if Kasu is capable of this type of scum theater - sure the argument wasn't like gigantic or toxic but it still felt genuine to me.

Blitzo is my top scum-read,

It feels like he's more interested in pushing LHF-Kasu ML than actually solving for or figuring out what Kasu's real alignment is.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:25 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 455, Noraa wrote:Im gonna have to ask you to not just say lol and be done with everything. Please reply to accusations against u.
Nooooraa is too cute, do you actually expect to get anywhere talking to PJ like this?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:30 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 457, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 455, Noraa wrote:Im gonna have to ask you to not just say lol and be done with everything. Please reply to accusations against u.
Nooooraa is too cute, do you actually expect to get anywhere talking to PJ like this?
Im always cute :3
but the downside is that I get killed day 1/2 in all my marathons >:(
tsk tsk no one appreciates my cuteness
UneducatedGuesser
UneducatedGuesser
Goon
UneducatedGuesser
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:34 am

Post by UneducatedGuesser »

Sorry.

Had to take one of my cats into the vet for emergency surgery yesterday morning, probably going to be ok but I spent yesterday being a mess. Trying to get my head straightened out and not be a waste of a slot. Going to be trying to reread and provide some actual content in the next 12 hours once I’ve gotten things settled at work for the day. If anyone wants my opinion on anything in particular let me know and I’ll make sure to get to it on top of whatever I find to comment on in more general terms.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:40 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 459, UneducatedGuesser wrote:Sorry.

Had to take one of my cats into the vet for emergency surgery yesterday morning, probably going to be ok but I spent yesterday being a mess. Trying to get my head straightened out and not be a waste of a slot. Going to be trying to reread and provide some actual content in the next 12 hours once I’ve gotten things settled at work for the day. If anyone wants my opinion on anything in particular let me know and I’ll make sure to get to it on top of whatever I find to comment on in more general terms.
I'm so sorry to heae that I hope they come out fine.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:58 am

Post by Noraa »

aw nu guesser. *sending virtual get well cards to ur cat*
Blitzo
Blitzo
Goon
Blitzo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:47 am

Post by Blitzo »

In post 433, Thestatusquo wrote:Ok but why did you yell at me to stop dodging a question when I have dodged zero questions and then seeing I had answered the question you were in the middle of yelling at me for dodging, leave the part in about dodging the question?
Because it always seems like you get fixated on things that don't matter and I was getting annoyed.
Kind of like you're doing right now.

Back to things that actually matter - talk to me about kasu, please.
Blitzo
Blitzo
Goon
Blitzo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:50 am

Post by Blitzo »

In post 452, Noraa wrote:Panzer is honestly being so scummy I can't imagine them as scum. Scum would have to be really daring to play like this. I could see a scum!panzer but I think a town!panzer is more likely as it seems panzer has a jestery playstyle that just likes to deal in fluff. I might meta dive them a lil if I feel like it but we'll see
I feel like this logic doesn't really hold much water but I can see where it's coming from.
In post 453, Noraa wrote:Blitz has avoided solving me even tho my presence here has gotten bigger as I start actually keeping up with the thread. Blitz no avoiding. Solve me. A vague read is better than no read
I don't think avoided is the term but I can ISO dive you now if you want.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:53 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 463, Blitzo wrote:
In post 452, Noraa wrote:Panzer is honestly being so scummy I can't imagine them as scum. Scum would have to be really daring to play like this. I could see a scum!panzer but I think a town!panzer is more likely as it seems panzer has a jestery playstyle that just likes to deal in fluff. I might meta dive them a lil if I feel like it but we'll see
I feel like this logic doesn't really hold much water but I can see where it's coming from.
In post 453, Noraa wrote:Blitz has avoided solving me even tho my presence here has gotten bigger as I start actually keeping up with the thread. Blitz no avoiding. Solve me. A vague read is better than no read
I don't think avoided is the term but I can ISO dive you now if you want.
It's not bad logic considering its day 1 rn. We dont exactly need a god tier scumhunter d1. Avoided is the term lel. I would like the ISO dive please :D
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:54 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 462, Blitzo wrote:
In post 433, Thestatusquo wrote:Ok but why did you yell at me to stop dodging a question when I have dodged zero questions and then seeing I had answered the question you were in the middle of yelling at me for dodging, leave the part in about dodging the question?
Because it always seems like you get fixated on things that don't matter and I was getting annoyed.
Kind of like you're doing right now.

Back to things that actually matter - talk to me about kasu, please.
this feels like ... very obvious shifting of attention. I'm sorry but like when ur the one being sussed, u can't exactly be like nothing to see here, nothing to see here go away. You can do that to someone else and be like ey theres nothing to see there bc of blah blah and blah but not when its u....
Blitzo
Blitzo
Goon
Blitzo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:03 am

Post by Blitzo »

Well I dove.
Lots of one liners but the readslist is sort of okay I guess. Maybe a townlean?
I can think of a number of people I would lynch and you wouldn't be one of them, is what I'm saying.

Pedit - well what are you expecting? People are getting up in arms over what I feel is next to nothing and it's getting really annoying.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:21 am

Post by Noraa »

Well I understand that you think its nothing(unless ur scum in which case ur just lying) but ig I just dont agree with the way you are approaching this. I dont know if you are scum but if you aren't, I recommend just ignoring them for the most part and just do some scumhunting while pretending they are silent walls or something.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:22 am

Post by Noraa »

Recently I came across something similar to this where I got extremely frustrated as town and I think the only way out of that anger and frustration is to ignore and let ur pure towny energy shine thru. Unless ur scum ofc. Then I'd prefer u just stay scummy lmao since that makes everyone's lives easier
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:24 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 415, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 331, Kasumeat wrote:I was leaning town on him but his explanation for his SR on me is just so scummy. It hinges entirely on my RVS vote being an attempt to "ramp up a wagon" with 0 people on it and then saying that my SR on Blitzo makes no sense because I'm saying his post is NIA when I'm saying it was either NIA or scummy, so it amounts to a slight SR. I've never played with Shea before but his "read" on me just seems extremely fake which is scummy in my books
I'm reading genuine anger here - I think if he was caught for wrong reason scum he would've at least been a bit more diplomatic about it - like it feels he really pounded the keyboard in anger here.
how much of this take, would you say, is Tone vs Meta vs Theory, if you had to give me like a pie chart?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:25 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 424, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 412, The Bulge wrote:
In post 331, Kasumeat wrote:
In post 184, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:you think shea is scum for real or just posturing?
I was leaning town on him but his explanation for his SR on me is just so scummy. It hinges entirely on my RVS vote being an attempt to "ramp up a wagon" with 0 people on it and then saying that my SR on Blitzo makes no sense because I'm saying his post is NIA when I'm saying it was either NIA or scummy, so it amounts to a slight SR. I've never played with Shea before but his "read" on me just seems extremely fake which is scummy in my books
@Shea/Pooky what stands out to you as genuine and unfakeable by scum in this post or others around it
I don't think it isnt fakeable I just don't think its faked. I don't see a lot of scum motivation to react like that. And I swear to god if someone says "BUT SHE WIFOM" I will eat donkey poop, because its not because my thinking its town is definitely not a predictable reaction to making it.
I'm not suggesting a wifom play, but are you discounting the possibility of a genuine scum kneejerk reaction? we know kasu hasn't rolled scum before and is apparently an emotional player as town, ie when he is presumably at his most genuine. is that too easy?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:25 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 441, Thestatusquo wrote:come the fuck on dude.
is there an implication of panzer!town in this post?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:31 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 470, The Bulge wrote:
In post 424, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 412, The Bulge wrote:
In post 331, Kasumeat wrote:
In post 184, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:you think shea is scum for real or just posturing?
I was leaning town on him but his explanation for his SR on me is just so scummy. It hinges entirely on my RVS vote being an attempt to "ramp up a wagon" with 0 people on it and then saying that my SR on Blitzo makes no sense because I'm saying his post is NIA when I'm saying it was either NIA or scummy, so it amounts to a slight SR. I've never played with Shea before but his "read" on me just seems extremely fake which is scummy in my books
@Shea/Pooky what stands out to you as genuine and unfakeable by scum in this post or others around it
I don't think it isnt fakeable I just don't think its faked. I don't see a lot of scum motivation to react like that. And I swear to god if someone says "BUT SHE WIFOM" I will eat donkey poop, because its not because my thinking its town is definitely not a predictable reaction to making it.
I'm not suggesting a wifom play, but are you discounting the possibility of a genuine scum kneejerk reaction? we know kasu hasn't rolled scum before and is apparently an emotional player as town, ie when he is presumably at his most genuine. is that too easy?
I think I pretty clearly stated that there's a possibility of them faking it but that it doesn't feel faked to me.

Honestly I really don't understand this whole line of questioning. It seems like in order to respond to me saying "it could be faked I just don't think it is" with "But don't you think it COULD be fake!?" kind of requires willfulness. Yes, it could be fake. I don't think it is because to me it feels genuine.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:33 am

Post by The Bulge »

I'm not pressing you, just trying to develop my kasu read
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:33 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Like it doesn't feel like a scum play to me. It feels there are lots of incentives for Kasu to not play that way as scum. Could he? Sure, but I don't think its likely.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”