PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:10 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 748, OutWorldER wrote:your implication that my push onto you is unnatural implies that you think the push is made by scum.
Yes I feel it is unnatural - hence why I want you to flesh out your scum-case and not just shade me for posting activity which is a fairly weak cop-out.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:17 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 747, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:@MC

You think town wouldn't react that way after pushing a ML?
I'm not sure I understand this question
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:20 pm

In post 745, MURDERCAT wrote:I feel like there is an implication when you discuss how outworld would react when you "flip town."

You imply this reaction = Outworld is scum right?

I'm saying town would react the same way after a ML no?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:32 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

@Pooky

You've made no actual attempt to scumhunt or push any of your reads this entire game. The times you do throw shade or SR's on people you've rarely voted them. In 80 you called Gamma's TR shady but didn't vote him on it and kept your vote on an RVS vote onto Shea. In 223 you legit said "Blitzo feels a bit like 'caught for the wrong reasons scum'" and didn't vote him on it and STILL kept your vote on an RVS vote. 456 you outright state Blitzo is your top SR, and you still have your vote on a RVS vote.

You claim this is because your trying to take a "more logical solve-based approach" but for someone who's attempting to solve slots you don't seem to genuinely engage them quite a whole lot or throw out any reads outside of those on Blitzo and Shea.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:35 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

scum would be more likely to want to excuse their vote, no?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:37 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

Gamma Emerald wrote:scum would be more likely to want to excuse their vote, no?
I'm not quite sure I understand the point here.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:40 pm

In post 754, Gamma Emerald wrote:scum would be more likely to want to excuse their vote, no?
pretty sure a town that pushed an ML would also want to excuse their vote
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:44 pm

In post 753, OutWorldER wrote:@Pooky

You've made no actual attempt to scumhunt or push any of your reads this entire game. The times you do throw shade or SR's on people you've rarely voted them. In 80 you called Gamma's TR shady but didn't vote him on it and kept your vote on an RVS vote onto Shea. In 223 you legit said "Blitzo feels a bit like 'caught for the wrong reasons scum'" and didn't vote him on it and STILL kept your vote on an RVS vote. 456 you outright state Blitzo is your top SR, and you still have your vote on a RVS vote.

You claim this is because your trying to take a "more logical solve-based approach" but for someone who's attempting to solve slots you don't seem to genuinely engage them quite a whole lot or throw out any reads outside of those on Blitzo and Shea.
I don't like throwing my vote around willy-nilly like candy. It tends to mean less that way.

Your criticism that I didn't vote someone when I called their action shady or w/e is just kind of silly.

I'm engaging you right now, so just give me what you think is the crux of your case because right now all I see is criticism of my style and not anything based on substance.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:44 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

scum are more likely to be worried about appearances, and like, the way it was said seems to indicate intent or perceived intent on outworld's part to handwave suspicion for being part of the pooky wagon. Town would more likely accept some suspicion, but still feel like they did the right thing.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:46 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 715, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 651, Noraa wrote:I love how you cherry pick out one singular post from gamma and the reason for an SR is .... unhelpfulness of the post? Yeah that's just stupid. Have you seen basically any of the playerlist actually post something useful? cuz I sure haven't seen much. Gamma was just telling us how to read Pooky who is generally hard to read due to play style. dont attack that. its not a valid argument and there's plenty of other posts to pick on if that's all u got. Kazu if ur town, untunnel asap.
I think you’re defense of me is a little off. Saying “don’t attack that” about my Pooky meta summary is a bit of a bridge too far. I didn’t really present a personal opinion on what I actually thought of Pooky there, and if I’d been consistently lacking in opinions then it would have made sense to attack it. I just think you’re expressing an absolute that shouldn’t be adhered to. Could be mistaken though.
No. What Kazu attacked was stupid. There was no point in the attack and it didn't help anyone. Pivoting on me here and trying to use me to seem more towny is a terrible move. Also what's with this fencesitty stuff followed by a vote?
Whoever said Gamma was scum, I'm starting to agree
VOTE: Gamma
In post 716, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 668, Noraa wrote:Others have been scummier as of late so for now
UNVOTE: Murder
Why didn’t you opt to vote one of the scummier people then?
Why dont you see that two people have already asked this and asking again doesn't help anyone?
In post 718, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 691, Noraa wrote:
In post 689, Thestatusquo wrote:Why didn't you answer my other questions?
didn't feel like it. my scum radars gone off too many times for each time to be a scum so its not determined who my SRs are rn so I didn't elaborate
Except you explicitly named Outworld?
In post 691, Noraa wrote:
In post 690, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 684, Noraa wrote:I want to dig more there but he's slightly absent from the thread
Is this in reference to me or Outworld?
u
MCat already said this, but MCat hasn’t really been absent in any real sense.

VOTE: Noraa
My town vibes on her dried up very fast.
Way to sheep the attacks on me and start setting up a Noraa lim scum!Gamma. Smart move.
In post 724, OutWorldER wrote:But speaking of Noraa, hey, girl, we sorta had an entire conversation going on between you and me in 570 that you just sort of dropped without recognition? You wanna maybe continue with it?
In post 729, Blitzo wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: pooky

I was awaiting some type of response from pooky after my last post.
I now understand that there likely won't be one.

This is a good vote.

In post 740, MURDERCAT wrote:I know I am still working on my reread but I'm ok with my vote sitting here for now based on that last post that pinged me

VOTE: Pooky

That was one of Pooky's most substantial posts all game and it was super defensive. It also comes with what seems like somewhat of an assumption that outworld is scum but I haven't seen anything in Pooky's iso that suggests there is a scum read there.
The above two sheep votes are garbage. I hate it. stop. Murders was the better one but I dislike them both either way. Jumping on a likely wagon to go thru on pooky cuz pooky plays weird is not ok.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:47 pm

Post by Noraa »

@Outworlder
I dont remember where we left of. Remind me pls
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:49 pm

I don't think I play weird. I just play differently. I can switch to the regular attacking playstyle if you guys want but I like trying new things out and if this is an actual common complaint among the game I am happy to go back to attack bear mode.

I've had many postgame feedback tell me that I'm too "dominant" in games and I tend to drown out everyone else's voice so I have been more restrained in general.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:52 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 752, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 745, MURDERCAT wrote:I feel like there is an implication when you discuss how outworld would react when you "flip town."

You imply this reaction = Outworld is scum right?

I'm saying town would react the same way after a ML no?
In the future yes, but it seems as if you argue that outworld is currently conscious of which way you would flip, which requires scum.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:56 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 759, Noraa wrote:The above two sheep votes are garbage. I hate it. stop. Murders was the better one but I dislike them both either way. Jumping on a likely wagon to go thru on pooky cuz pooky plays weird is not ok.
It's like you only read every third word of each post and then try to piece it together from there. I have a real reason to vote Pooky, it's not because he plays "weird." I don't even see what is that weird about his play.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:58 pm

Post by Noraa »

I didn't mean to make that sound offensive. sorry pooky 8(

it was meant to just say that ur play style is unique. yes unique is a better word :D
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:59 pm

@MC

That's not what I am saying at all.

His case is currently based on actions I have committed and playstyle. It is not based on his perception of my alignment.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:59 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 760, Noraa wrote:@Outworlder
570:
In post 570, OutWorldER wrote:
In post 563, Noraa wrote:
In post 531, OutWorldER wrote:
In post 520, Noraa wrote:
In post 516, OutWorldER wrote:Trying to place Noraa's slot is a bitch considering all the fluff going on in this ISO. 242 gives me really bad scum pings I didn't pick up before and it reads as very deflective. I have no idea what to make of that conversation about opportunism considering I don't even really understand what people are saying there. 465 rings to me as a good post with a genuinely good point.

IDK, I'd go slight scumlean with a trend towards null on that slot right now.
I kinda love how the two posts u point out are both literally such random posts that aren't even any of the ones I considered scummy or townie. Like I had some posts that I, myself knew where sorta townie or sorta scummy. But u literally point out two of the most useless and random posts. Idk I just dont get why you cherry picked those two that mean absolutely nothing imo.
this post annoys me severely

242: You point out that Murdercat also didn't have much substance to his reads, which is fair tbh, but also means you are completely deflecting what is a very fair point. Pot calling the kettle black, essentially, and deflection is a very scummy tactic.

465: you did actually have a good point about Blitzo deflecting attention to kasu in his post and dismissing any pressure against him once again, which was kinda yikes and I'm surprised nobody pressed on that harder.

I pointed out these two posts because they were the ones I was able to read into at the time. I didn't really get pinged by any of other posts, so I either missed something or just didn't fine anything noteworthy about them that I hadn't already said.
I dont think scums need to "read into" anything so I could definitely see you just pointing out some random posts on me. And its stupid that ur being so fence sitty with one post of mine that "so so scummy" and another that's "so so town" and then the result is a SR? lel okay then. Im sorry but I just dont vibe with your reads and stuff. I feel like u put close to zero effort in and cling to people and tunnel. You haven't full on tunneled, no. But I think ur attention is not evenly distributed among all the players.
I legitimately do not know how to explain to you that you are not the decider of who finds what in your ISO towny or scummy. You can attack the reasoning but just saying "wow this is dumb I thought that post that I, myself, made was really random you should've pointed to [X] instead" is incredibly dis-earnest and just...I don't even know if I can describe it as logic.

I gave you my reasoning as to why those posts pinged me the way they did. Attack the reasoning behind it if you think it's bad reasoning/reading.

As for being fence sitty, I do admit that I was unclear in how that resulted in a scumlean. Your deflective tactics in 242 struck gave me a stronger scum ping than the town pings I got elsewhere.

And yes, my attention isn't evenly distributed. That's just sort of the nature of Mafia? I only have so much brain power and certain posts/players simply catch my attention more often. Who would you rather have me focus on? Who do you think I've not focused on enough?
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:59 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 763, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 759, Noraa wrote:The above two sheep votes are garbage. I hate it. stop. Murders was the better one but I dislike them both either way. Jumping on a likely wagon to go thru on pooky cuz pooky plays weird is not ok.
It's like you only read every third word of each post and then try to piece it together from there. I have a real reason to vote Pooky, it's not because he plays "weird." I don't even see what is that weird about his play.
why would anyone straight up say they are limming off of playstyle?
my point is that is what the scums are thinking when looking for mislims. I didn't even call u scum yet over this.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:01 pm

In post 764, Noraa wrote:I didn't mean to make that sound offensive. sorry pooky 8(

it was meant to just say that ur play style is unique. yes unique is a better word :D
I don't think it's that unique, I've played with a lot of people who have played this way and they make it look much more beautiful than I can. That's why I am trying it out to learn and improve. :3

Maybe it just looks unique because I am fairly bad at it :>
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:01 pm

Post by Noraa »

Spoiler:
In post 766, OutWorldER wrote:
In post 760, Noraa wrote:@Outworlder
570:
In post 570, OutWorldER wrote:
In post 563, Noraa wrote:
In post 531, OutWorldER wrote:
In post 520, Noraa wrote:
In post 516, OutWorldER wrote:Trying to place Noraa's slot is a bitch considering all the fluff going on in this ISO. 242 gives me really bad scum pings I didn't pick up before and it reads as very deflective. I have no idea what to make of that conversation about opportunism considering I don't even really understand what people are saying there. 465 rings to me as a good post with a genuinely good point.

IDK, I'd go slight scumlean with a trend towards null on that slot right now.
I kinda love how the two posts u point out are both literally such random posts that aren't even any of the ones I considered scummy or townie. Like I had some posts that I, myself knew where sorta townie or sorta scummy. But u literally point out two of the most useless and random posts. Idk I just dont get why you cherry picked those two that mean absolutely nothing imo.
this post annoys me severely

242: You point out that Murdercat also didn't have much substance to his reads, which is fair tbh, but also means you are completely deflecting what is a very fair point. Pot calling the kettle black, essentially, and deflection is a very scummy tactic.

465: you did actually have a good point about Blitzo deflecting attention to kasu in his post and dismissing any pressure against him once again, which was kinda yikes and I'm surprised nobody pressed on that harder.

I pointed out these two posts because they were the ones I was able to read into at the time. I didn't really get pinged by any of other posts, so I either missed something or just didn't fine anything noteworthy about them that I hadn't already said.
I dont think scums need to "read into" anything so I could definitely see you just pointing out some random posts on me. And its stupid that ur being so fence sitty with one post of mine that "so so scummy" and another that's "so so town" and then the result is a SR? lel okay then. Im sorry but I just dont vibe with your reads and stuff. I feel like u put close to zero effort in and cling to people and tunnel. You haven't full on tunneled, no. But I think ur attention is not evenly distributed among all the players.
I legitimately do not know how to explain to you that you are not the decider of who finds what in your ISO towny or scummy. You can attack the reasoning but just saying "wow this is dumb I thought that post that I, myself, made was really random you should've pointed to [X] instead" is incredibly dis-earnest and just...I don't even know if I can describe it as logic.

I gave you my reasoning as to why those posts pinged me the way they did. Attack the reasoning behind it if you think it's bad reasoning/reading.

As for being fence sitty, I do admit that I was unclear in how that resulted in a scumlean. Your deflective tactics in 242 struck gave me a stronger scum ping than the town pings I got elsewhere.

And yes, my attention isn't evenly distributed. That's just sort of the nature of Mafia? I only have so much brain power and certain posts/players simply catch my attention more often. Who would you rather have me focus on? Who do you think I've not focused on enough?

okay and what's there that I need to reply to here? I dont see the point in dragging this convo out. It will get us absolutely nowhere and imo it'll just be a huge waste of time.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:02 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

responding to post 759:
well that townread on me was paper-thin. Here is what is probably a good example of scum formulating a plan of attack based on thread contents. I never fully pressed the attack until 718, though I started building to it in 716. I was not, however, trying to actually push Noraa in 715, I was merely correcting what I felt was an erroneous comment. Look at what I said and how I said it. I was being very diplomatic and courteous towards Noraa. Despite that, Noraa thinks I am attacking her there. That doesn't really confirm she did what I'm accusing her of, but it points to it, and even if that isn't the case she's still responding to a very unantagonistic post with a significant amount of defensiveness.
Outworld, since you called me out for seeming to do what Noraa actually likely did here, I expect some level of agreement here.
<Embrace The Void>

Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:02 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 768, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 764, Noraa wrote:I didn't mean to make that sound offensive. sorry pooky 8(

I don't think it's that unique, I've played with a lot of people who have played this way and they make it look much more beautiful than I can. That's why I am trying it out to learn and improve. :3

Maybe it just looks unique because I am fairly bad at it :>
everyones playstyle is unique^^
ur is bootifuller. always gotta stay confident pooky <3
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:03 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 765, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:@MC

His case is currently based on actions I have committed and playstyle. It is not based on his perception of my alignment.
It's like it goes in one ear and out the other.

You are not scumhunting, I have pointed to your actions and specific posts because I believe they make the point that you are not scumhunting. This lack of scumhunting makes me think that you are scum.

Is that clear enough?
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:03 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 765, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:@MC

I'm aware, that's why I clarified that I didn't think it was intentional. But to me it seemed inconsistent with something a town player would say to someone who is not a scum read.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:04 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 767, Noraa wrote:I didn't even call u scum yet over this.
You called my post bad and then misrepped it though

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”