Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:21 pm

Post by Bell »

#1427: Thanks for responding to all of that. I am not going to respond in that format.

1. You compared a Saber/Titus post to Diamond whose posts read completely different.
2. You called Pooky prob town because he decided to shelve her. This was me being mad that shelving her was a good thing because I enjoyed it. I should probably have stated from the get go that it's a combination of reads, notes, bookmarks and communications directly to the players or to other players. It seems like a void because I was reading them in order so my thoughts are disjointed from one post to the next post as some posts percolated changing my reads while others stayed functionally the same. I try to keep myself entertained when I make these catch up posts because it's grueling to sit down and read everything. But it feels nice too because I rarely get so involved post by post as a game gets more and more dense I lose that focus. Or feel like I can't continue and read back due to the enormous task it involves.
3. It was a jibe at you moving your vote all over the place. Also, in the other game I did not peg you as somebody who had firm convictions on their reads. Being relatively honest about not knowing who the scum are.
4. A sketch to me is an unfinished haphazard drawing that captures the essence of a thing but not the totality of the thing. To me it felt like what you were saying was empty with a mix of shade thrown in. I directly pointed everyone to their own posts. So it's not like I didn't expect you to respond or challenge them.
5. That's what I just said. Because you acknowledged it. This is why I gave you 0.02 town points for the post. The earlier posts I felt were not in alignment with what you were saying and you didn't immediately clarify, you only clarified later. I was following along with the thought that you never would. But then you did.
6. We all make the "this post is pointless" post. You're doing it yourself. It's just an inefficiency thing. Everyone presumably knows that, so saying it isn't very enlightening.
7. It was a "can I see this post coming from town?" 'sure' or fair.
8. I have an empathy tell, it's not very good. It doubles as I "I get where you're coming from emotionally" point.
9. 1167 and 1170. Was acknowledging how you were defending yourself revealed little initially. You balled up and waited to make their point rather than exposing yourself by jumping to conclusions and letting them implicate themselves by making their meaning clear. It gives someone nothing. I felt it was a good strategy as either alignment. #1177 felt like a dead end. You're not really supposed to do anything with it. Unless you're interested in my thoughts processes.
10. Yeah.
11. It's unexpected that as scum you would cut off a potential ally like that. Which made me run down scum partner lane before derailing myself out of it.
12. Okay. It's fairly typical for me to ask questions like that one. There is no issue. Well, besides the fact that I can come off as more biting than I mean to. I was trying to be friendly but that really didn't come off right. I was speaking similarly to Syrana because I wanted to engage with you. I got my wish, but it looks like I pissed you off instead.
13. Why would I want to look good to you? Or anyone?

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:23 pm

Post by Bell »

You're a mass of contradictions to me basically. So I don't know what to make of you.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:48 pm

Post by Alisae »

catching up
GTKAS
| here.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:00 pm

Post by Tammy »

Jake - Are you and Gamma Emerald friends or have you played together before?

Gamma can answer that question too.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:07 pm

Post by Alisae »

okay so I caught up and like
I don't have much to say or like add
honestly when I read up I feel like its just the same people posting and I don't really see a problem with any of it.

Quite frankly, I have no idea why the only read that Diamond is still pushing is Jake.
I'm not sure why voting Nahdia is productive when ideally that slot should be trying to generate content instead of just AtE
I have no idea why I feel like Pooky hasn't really done much aside from being a fun person to chat with
I'm starting to get concerned with Bulge's activity

I'm probably not voting any of Cabd, ffery, tammy, syr, midway, ss, cakez, peta, or gamma right now at least for the given moment.
GTKAS
| here.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:21 pm

Post by Bell »

@ff: makes sense to me. But I'm more concerned with the other way around.
Your reads are yours. I'm pretty sure I'm more scared of town binning scum than the other way around. I try not to let personal biases on favorites effect my reads. I rarely think "I can sort X later, but not Y" preferring to try to solve right then and there due to limited time/ getting nked/regrets for not doing the thing that I think will unlock the puzzle of that player/feeling like I didn't give the player a fair shot.

Yes, actually I want to make sure I can accurately understand what you were doing on those two posts. I'm glad you rested well. :]

All of it.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:23 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1356, petapan wrote:
In post 1332, Tammy wrote:
In post 1331, petapan wrote:tammy i wish you had more thoughts on this game and not on old games
Me too!

dammit we crossposted and then my browser went out and I lost my post.

It wasn't anything great, but it is apropos to this post so I'll just rewrite it as a reply.

I've got some free time today so I'll actually be able to read this game mostly undistracted and not while also trying to work. Before my actual read, I've got working town reads on midwaybear, ffery, cabd, sryry. I don't even know why on midwaybear though; I just remember liking this posts.

I was looking at the playerlist last night and I realized that I don't actually have active suspicions on anyone*. Some pings here and there which has me wondering if it's setup related or if scum are in the people that I just haven't seen posting much? I don't know; hopefully a reread fixes that.

Although! If you're vote on me was serious, it's wrong, but I think you'll realize that once I have some thoughts on the game after actually reading it. I hope. I hope I have thoughts.
well the process was raelizing i don't actually remember anything about how you play, which made me realize i didn't remember anything you've done this game, which led me to read back on you and realize i don't townread you and i'm not sure why anyone does. i didn't have any serious intentions of attempting to wagon you (i was going giving you and diamondsentinel the "first game off a hiatus" d1 pass regardless of my read), but felt the need to express that read in a visible fashion
lowkey feeling this
my last game with Tammy she felt a lot more "actively town"
if that makes sense

Bell vote Taylor with me
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:25 pm

Post by Bell »

VOTE: Taylor swift

Guess you read my whole post.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:28 pm

Post by SirCakez »

hahaha tbh I only read the parts on mine and Taylor and that was enough
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by Bell »

Aw. Well I did say you didn't need to.
Could you answer my question about #1144?
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:33 pm

Post by midwaybear »

I sympathize with peta for that 1427 post completely.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:34 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1456, SirCakez wrote:my last game with Tammy she felt a lot more "actively town"
I was scum in our last game together
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:35 pm

Post by SirCakez »

major respect to ffery and Petapan for actually responding to everything in Bell's catchup
In post 1289, Fun and Games wrote:Can we plz wagon him now ... ^
I really dont think he's this bad
"i'm scum and don't want to effort"
In post 1435, Tammy wrote:There haven’t been that many times I’ve seen town make a catch-up post like that. The format itself whether it’s by player or page automatically pings me. It’s made worse when there are so many unnecessary comments or comments that don’t add anything, which makes it look like padding.
yeah it reeks of catchups I used to make as scum. it's not really helpful but it looks good on the surface.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:35 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1461, Tammy wrote:
In post 1456, SirCakez wrote:my last game with Tammy she felt a lot more "actively town"
I was scum in our last game together
<.<
<.<
<.<
>.>
>.>
>.>

i did say i didn't remember it very well
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:36 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1450, Bell wrote:#1427: Thanks for responding to all of that. I am not going to respond in that format.

1. You compared a Saber/Titus post to Diamond whose posts read completely different.
2. You called Pooky prob town because he decided to shelve her. This was me being mad that shelving her was a good thing because I enjoyed it. I should probably have stated from the get go that it's a combination of reads, notes, bookmarks and communications directly to the players or to other players. It seems like a void because I was reading them in order so my thoughts are disjointed from one post to the next post as some posts percolated changing my reads while others stayed functionally the same. I try to keep myself entertained when I make these catch up posts because it's grueling to sit down and read everything. But it feels nice too because I rarely get so involved post by post as a game gets more and more dense I lose that focus. Or feel like I can't continue and read back due to the enormous task it involves.
3. It was a jibe at you moving your vote all over the place. Also, in the other game I did not peg you as somebody who had firm convictions on their reads. Being relatively honest about not knowing who the scum are.
4. A sketch to me is an unfinished haphazard drawing that captures the essence of a thing but not the totality of the thing. To me it felt like what you were saying was empty with a mix of shade thrown in. I directly pointed everyone to their own posts. So it's not like I didn't expect you to respond or challenge them.
5. That's what I just said. Because you acknowledged it. This is why I gave you 0.02 town points for the post. The earlier posts I felt were not in alignment with what you were saying and you didn't immediately clarify, you only clarified later. I was following along with the thought that you never would. But then you did.
6. We all make the "this post is pointless" post. You're doing it yourself. It's just an inefficiency thing. Everyone presumably knows that, so saying it isn't very enlightening.
7. It was a "can I see this post coming from town?" 'sure' or fair.
8. I have an empathy tell, it's not very good. It doubles as I "I get where you're coming from emotionally" point.
9. 1167 and 1170. Was acknowledging how you were defending yourself revealed little initially. You balled up and waited to make their point rather than exposing yourself by jumping to conclusions and letting them implicate themselves by making their meaning clear. It gives someone nothing. I felt it was a good strategy as either alignment. #1177 felt like a dead end. You're not really supposed to do anything with it. Unless you're interested in my thoughts processes.
10. Yeah.
11. It's unexpected that as scum you would cut off a potential ally like that. Which made me run down scum partner lane before derailing myself out of it.
12. Okay. It's fairly typical for me to ask questions like that one. There is no issue. Well, besides the fact that I can come off as more biting than I mean to. I was trying to be friendly but that really didn't come off right. I was speaking similarly to Syrana because I wanted to engage with you. I got my wish, but it looks like I pissed you off instead.
13. Why would I want to look good to you? Or anyone?

i will be responding to the points where i feel there is something for me to build off

1. do you even know what specific post i was referencing? if not, how are you going to say they read different? (for the record, it was this post, and while it's worded a little differently, the formatting is pretty close to the idea i'm describing: "i'd vote for [townie], [townie], [townie] or maybe [scumbuddy]". this just had the end clause at the front. but you called it 'lazy' which i'm not sure i understand.
3. you're taking jibes at me while your vote's on me and by all indications still don't approve of me, i'm going to take it as critical toward me and in this context it's a weird thing to say because it feels like you're bypassing the substantive stuff to snipe at me
4. no, you said i was
"sitting on a fence"
and now you're saying
"it felt like what you were saying was empty with a mix of shade thrown in."
those are two different things. why are you trying to change your explanation here?
5. i don't even understand why you award town points there. or what you mean by "The earlier posts I felt were not in alignment with what you were saying and you didn't immediately clarify, you only clarified later."
6. everyone knows that i don't have enough townreads? news to me
9. i mean i'm interested in your thought process because i'm interested in trying to get a read on you? so why wouldn't i be? and you did put it out there for me to respond to it
11. i'm not sure what expectations you have for my scumplay, but your first instinct in me biting back at nahdia taking my side in an argument is to think we're scum together? when i had my vote on them and expressed a gut scumread there? why is your immediate assumption the least likely thing, rather than wondering if it makes sense for me to do it as town? you seem to be saying you took me being scum as a prior. am i to believe this is how you're actually thinking about things this game?
12. "should I buy this?" is skeptical in tone. i'm not sure how that's supposed to be friendly? in concert with the rest of your post and how you've reacted otherwise in the game i took it to be confrontational in nature. an you're dodging what i asked: what was the point of asking me that question? you say you "wanted to engage" with me, but "Should I buy this?" isn't exactly going to prompt much engagement? What were you hoping to get, here?
13. it's not about looking "good" per se, but about making yourself visible. towns win games when town players are visible to one another. for a lot of stuff you wrote in that post, i'm having a hard time looking at it and going "i can see someone thinking this way".
Bell wrote:You're a mass of contradictions to me basically. So I don't know what to make of you.
where do you see me as being contradictory? and what have you done to try to resolve this?
free crypto
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:36 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

I can see the words.

I just can't understand
them.

Someone please digest the meaning and feed them to me like a mother bird.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:36 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1433, Cabd wrote:Ready to vote Bell yet?
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:36 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1417, Bell wrote:Sigh, here we go again. Well, here we go. Have you ever played a large theme or how many large themed games have you played? Have you ever done this gambit as scum. Have you ever seen scum do this gambit. Have you ever thought to yourself "boy it would sure be neat if I faked not knowing whether there was day chat or not as scum!" Have you ever thought about the poor townsfolk that have to WIFOM themselves to death when you do dis? Oh well. Re Bulge: Not same.
idk I was trying to go on the safe side because I have scumslipped as town before (which consequently lost town the game) so ya
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:37 pm

Post by petapan »

lmao at that quote misfire that i will say nothing else about
free crypto
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:37 pm

Post by SirCakez »

jfc
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:39 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 1417, Bell wrote:Why the selective wording?
I cover my bases.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:41 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 1454, Alisae wrote:I have no idea why I feel like Pooky hasn't really done much aside from being a fun person to chat with

It's just hard to get into the conversation because it feels like a lot of what is being said is just flying over my head atm :/. It is like a party where people all know each other and are excited to see each other and swap stories about stuff and you just don't really know what to do so you feel super awkward.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:41 pm

Post by midwaybear »

you don't need to get into a conversation with someone to make reads...
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

It's impressive tho that Cakez is now quoting from an entirely different game. I don't think I've seen this play before.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by midwaybear »

ok that's probably a little harsh but still

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”