Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:12 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Idk how this happened but I haven’t posted yet
I regret being a part of this
PEdit: waow
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:14 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 874, Almost50 wrote:Actually, here's my first serious vote 9actually my first in-game vote, since my RVS went to a spectator)

VOTE: Gamma

Gamma has been on MS for 4.5 hours now. He made 47 public posts (the last if which was maybe 2 minutes ago) but is yet to even make an ego post in this game.
I wanna vote you for this.
But I feel so bad about misreading you and making an ass out of myself that I want to vote with you instead. :3
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:16 pm

Post by Almost50 »

I vote him and 33 seconds later he shows up! :lol:

@Bell: You can wait to see what Gamma brings in before deciding to vote him or not, but I agree you shouldn't misread me twice in a row. ;)

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:16 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 874, Almost50 wrote:VOTE: Gamma
Gamma has been on MS for 4.5 hours now. He made 47 public posts (the last if which was maybe 2 minutes ago) but is yet to even make an ego post in this game.
I do seem to recall the last time Gamma did that, he was scum, so consider me in support of this. (I like my Bell vote more, but in spirit I am with you here and will happily switch.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:17 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 876, Bell wrote:I wanna vote you for this.
But I feel so bad about misreading you and making an ass out of myself that I want to vote with you instead. :3
(Inb4 Bell-Gamma as part of the scumteam. :shifty: )
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:19 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 873, Bell wrote:<3 At least we're not scum buddies together this game.
This would be the best ST ever :lol:
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:27 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 879, mastina wrote:
In post 876, Bell wrote:I wanna vote you for this.
(Inb4 Bell-Gamma as part of the scumteam. :shifty: )
I still don't get your SR on Bell.. nor on Morning Mage for that matter.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:32 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 874, Almost50 wrote:Actually, here's my first serious vote 9actually my first in-game vote, since my RVS went to a spectator)

To be fair, this game’s huge, and if you’re not in it, or plan to be, i can understand why.

If anything this is probably more town indicative for me.

Side note, I have an 8p Micro game in queue with the theme of Guillermo Del Toro’s The Shape of Water, should be a fun small ride. It’s taking long to fill than my large themes. :lol:

Just in case anyone is looking for a small game to play.
Time Is Money, Money Is Power, Power Is Pizza, Pizza is Knowledge
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:35 pm

Post by Bell »

Sorry, my mafia card is maxed out. I would just make that game worse.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:51 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

@ that bill guy...

Ban Hydras
Ban Hydras
Goon
Ban Hydras
Goon
Goon

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by Ban Hydras »

VOTE: Gamma Emerald

~Buttercup
It takes a lot more than a couple of cheap shots to make us cry.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 779, mastina wrote:
In post 505, NorwegianboyEE wrote:@Mastina
Why are your scumreads what they are?
Well, I just explained the Bell scumread.

The powerpuff girl hydra scumread comes mostly from feeling like, if they were town, that I
should
be townreading them...and yet, having an utter absence of a townread. They are one of the top-two posters in the game, as in, literally only one slot has more posts than them--plenty of content to sift through for getting a townread.

And yet.

I don't have one on them.

Everything they've done is a big ol' fat pile of null. Nothing that even remotely looks alignment-indicative. And while I realize that there is a lack of scumminess just as much as there is the lack of towniness, in a void, where both are absent, the alignment I'd expect is scum because if they were town I'd expect there to not be the void, I'd expect to have a read one way or another.

So basically, it's an "absence of evidence is evidence itself" sort of scumread.

For the Morning Mage hydra, it's largely similar, with a side of thinking that the Battle Mage from this game might be the same as the Battle Mage from my last game with him--basically, I'm not townreading the slot and I would expect to be townreading the top-poster in the game if they were town. But, this is explicitly not a strong read, because while Battle Mage's opener might've given me minor scumpings, it's not total deja vu, his game here doesn't seem like it's a perfect match to that scumgame, and overall it's not a strong scumread and has a significant chance of being wrong.

Heck, I'd probably call the Morning Mage scumread weaker than the Ban Hydras scumread. It's more or less a scumread for the sake of having a scumread, because in this game I should have five scumreads and right now even including all three, I'd have only three--but really, it's even worse than that; I have only one.

(I have one real scumread and what amounts to two rvs-tier-scumreads, when I need five real scumreads.)

So I've got a while to go yet before I can get so much as an initial solve.
why do you need 5 real scumreads?
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:33 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 848, Almost50 wrote:
In post 832, Titus wrote:Since when do scum pick the setup at all?
Did you read the intro & specifications to the game you signed up to??
schadd_ wrote:
motifs of the series:

assignment of roles to town by mafia; heavy information to mafia;
night actions being determined by events (e.g., two players are assigned to collaboratively use a doctor ability); normal roles or otherwise non-flashy roles; uncertain guilties vs. certain innocents; setup fake-outs; vanilla by any other name tastes just as sweet.
my understanding of this was these were things that happened in the series, but none of them were guaranteed in this game. if all of those things were to happen itd be a basically open setup
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:42 pm

Post by Titus »

@Taylor, That's mastina. She doesn't feel like she has a good grip until she has a full scumteam guess.

What do you think of Melanque?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:45 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 888, Titus wrote:@Taylor, That's mastina. She doesn't feel like she has a good grip until she has a full scumteam guess.

What do you think of Melanque?
so you dont think that the specific number was a slip? i dont remember seeing the number of scum present in the setup being given. uhh menal has been a person in the thread. i remember having thoughts, i dont remember what they were. i can go read the iso real fast. i should say that in my experience with menal usually you notice his presence right away, so thats a bit odd.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:49 pm

Post by Titus »

No. I don't. In fact I know it wasn't. 5 to 6 is a good guess for a game this size. 5 scum at a minimum. Can you see 4 scum in this setup? Not unless multiball. Therefore a solve requires 5 scum minimum.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:54 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

hmm ok i reread and menal seemed a little bit too excited about the nero wagon. it pings scum but its kinda obvious. people who know menal better can tell me whether thats something scum!menal would actually do. but whats really interesting is that menal switched to voting plus and hasnt mentioned nero since. nero is now near the top of the readlist though. makes me scratch my head. maybe the nero push was a meme, it was early game. i also dislike the wanting to flip his townreads if we dont catch scum early. it reeks of fake paranoia. so i think menal is a solid scumread for me. VOTE: menal

also, i think your real question was asking if im scum with menal. the answer is yes.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:54 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 876, Bell wrote:

I wanna vote you for this.
It's honestly fair him to call me on it, though it's not really meaning of anything for my alignment or anything (except I guess that I've been avoiding the game)
In post 878, mastina wrote:
In post 874, Almost50 wrote:VOTE: Gamma
I do seem to recall the last time Gamma did that, he was scum, so consider me in support of this. (I like my Bell vote more, but in spirit I am with you here and will happily switch.)
Which game was this? I can meta dive you if you want but I'd rather hear from you.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:56 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 882, April Ludgate wrote:

To be fair, this game’s huge, and if you’re not in it, or plan to be, i can understand why.

If anything this is probably more town indicative for me.

Side note, I have an 8p Micro game in queue with the theme of Guillermo Del Toro’s The Shape of Water, should be a fun small ride. It’s taking long to fill than my large themes. :lol:

Just in case anyone is looking for a small game to play.
but what do you think it means for me? You kinda made it about yourself there.
<Embrace The Void>

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:11 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 891, Tayl0r Swift wrote:hmm ok i reread and menal seemed a little bit too excited about the nero wagon. it pings scum but its kinda obvious. people who know menal better can tell me whether thats something scum!menal would actually do. but whats really interesting is that menal switched to voting plus and hasnt mentioned nero since. nero is now near the top of the readlist though. makes me scratch my head. maybe the nero push was a meme, it was early game. i also dislike the wanting to flip his townreads if we dont catch scum early. it reeks of fake paranoia. so i think menal is a solid scumread for me. VOTE: menal

also, i think your real question was asking if im scum with menal. the answer is yes.
It wasn't. I happen to have mena as weak town and would like him to open more up on his reads.

Why did you feel I was trying to link the two of you?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:20 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 894, Titus wrote:
In post 891, Tayl0r Swift wrote:hmm ok i reread and menal seemed a little bit too excited about the nero wagon. it pings scum but its kinda obvious. people who know menal better can tell me whether thats something scum!menal would actually do. but whats really interesting is that menal switched to voting plus and hasnt mentioned nero since. nero is now near the top of the readlist though. makes me scratch my head. maybe the nero push was a meme, it was early game. i also dislike the wanting to flip his townreads if we dont catch scum early. it reeks of fake paranoia. so i think menal is a solid scumread for me. VOTE: menal

It wasn't. I happen to have mena as weak town and would like him to open more up on his reads.

Why did you feel I was trying to link the two of you?
well why ask me about my thoughts about menal?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:22 pm

Post by Titus »

Because I want to see if anyone else feels he's town and try to understand how such a bad wagon forms.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:37 pm

Post by samantha97 »

someone post a vote count so I can bandwagon please
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:53 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 4, schadd_ wrote:music should not be listened to with headphones - if certain elements are too quiet for a speaker then they are worthless
except that's not why I use headphones, I use them so I don't have to worry about others hearing my stuff
In post 18, EchoVision wrote:norwegian why didn't you place an rvs vote
also fuck yeah neither noraa nor shelly are in this game so top post count is all mine
I fucking hate you already
<Embrace The Void>

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:56 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

how much of this have u read, Gamma?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”