Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:06 am

Post by Pickaxe Pete »

In post 1540, Pickaxe Pete wrote:
In post 1520, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1504, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 1500, Nero Cain wrote:whats your role name in the pm?
GOLIATH GOUTHWITS HEALTH INTERNS
GDI! We are TOTALLY unorganized, aren't we?? :lol:

Moving on.
Sounds legit?
I meant to quote this in there
In post 1518, Almost50 wrote:
Is that for me?? Nod told me I was a GOLIATH [something, something, something] and I said I won't be outing the rest of it for <reasons>. Role description though was in the mod's opening post inside the PT. In other words, I wasn't told my alignment or my abilities in my role PM. Just the name and a link to the PT.
In effect it sounds like another hydra with two known heads. I don't see the benefit to town to yeeting any of them. I'm kinda with Blossom on this, it prolly does more harm than good.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:07 am

Post by Menalque »

I wholeheartedly believe that dragging days to the deadline doesn't actually help town that much with more information, ESPECIALLY on D1 and ESPECIALLY in fast moving games

what it does, imo, is inundate the thread with noise that makes it hard to find the important posts to find scum. plus, the added negative that it tends to lead to more town apathy with a lack of flips and action and endless back and forhts

I think it's much more pro-town on D1 to find a slot that seems scummy, run them up, get their flip and then proceed from there on D2 with the added benefit of being able to start looking at VCA and being able to use NKA
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:07 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 1538, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1504, superbowl9 wrote:
GOLIATH GOUTHWITS HEALTH INTERNS
It's this? I thought that was a joke.
I did too when i saw the role pm
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:07 am

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

In post 1114, Ban Hydras wrote:
In post 687, Ban Hydras wrote:
In post 674, PlusJOYED wrote:why does no one else dislike mastina's list like I do?
I dislike it because we're waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too low. anyone with any reasonable ration would give us town points for Blossom's excellent jokes

~Buttercup
You forgot to mention your own winning humor :]
In post 694, Almost50 wrote:^Unless you're a masochist, that is.
Says the guy posting during the twenty somethingth page of RVS.
In post 705, TheGoldenParadox wrote:goddamn it these hydras
I can tell this guy is impressed with our top quality obvtowning. You're welcome friendo.
In post 703, TheGoldenParadox wrote:i feel like the potential benefit from a mastina scumflip today is massively outweighed by the drawbacks of flipping town!mastina, and in any case she seems to be making a concentrated effort to gamesolve, but i'm not sure if that's nai for her. VOTE: plusjoyed their entire push on mastina feels manufactured and and ping me as calling out something for which there is no reason to call out.
Do you think buddying her will work? Hm, gl.

-Blossom
In post 1280, DrDolittle wrote:
In post 1243, TheGoldenParadox wrote:VOTE: ban hydras

this slot is making it difficult to play and it feels like they're doing this deliberately. can you block one player's posts and read the thread? kinda like an opposite iso?
why dont you just skip over the post when you see the powerpuff girls icon

i feel all these posts are very not genuine -- it's super easy to glance over posts as you read if you don't want to read someone's posts
goddamnit a50/superbowl that's awfully convenient. "we have a pt, and we all investigate as third party, but not to worry! because we are actually town, and you will take our word for it."

that being said, that seems like exactly the kind of role schadd adds to the game to fw town, so i'll begrudgingly townbin the "masons".

this gamma wagon feels too fast and too easy to be a wagon on scum. i'm wagering that there's at least two or three scum on that wagon, maybe more.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:08 am

ugh why did those quote ignore that i guess
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:08 am

Post by samantha97 »

In post 1551, Menalque wrote: I think it's much more pro-town on D1 to find a slot that seems scummy, run them up, get their flip and then proceed from there on D2 with the added benefit of being able to start looking at VCA and being able to use NKA
I don't think it's possible to lynch mafia d1 in a game this size unless most of them are afk
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:08 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1548, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 1534, Menalque wrote:it's more a question of I'm not sure I'm confident enough in them collectively town to let scum bring all 3 of them to lylo by the end of the game and then have to decide if they are scum fake claiming together or genuinely miller masons. I'm undecided where I'm coming down on the question, but I don't think it's a horrible take to say that resolving that ambiguity and forcing scum to kill there (and not on other PRs) is a good thing to do earlier rather than later UNLESS there is a high level of consensus that this is definitely town/town-aligned 3p
I normally agree but waiting here makes sense from your thought process no? We have the time to wait until almost-Lylo, in which case if you still think all 3 of us are scum gambiting you can elim one of us and head to lylo with a conftown.
the problem is that as lylo grows closer people become less willing to make clarifying policy Guillos and tend to feel more pressure to pursue their top SR
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:09 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 1547, Nero Cain wrote:like ok mena, wanting to hurry up and lynch Gamma just seems incredibly scummy to me. I mean, my gut reaction was that Gamma was scum and maybe he is but I don't see a good reason to end the day so quickly.
Also Nero I think you're looking at this as a "hurry" scenario when you're really the one who's trying to slow down the natural pace of the wagon.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:09 am

In post 1551, Menalque wrote:I wholeheartedly believe that dragging days to the deadline doesn't actually help town that much with more information, ESPECIALLY on D1 and ESPECIALLY in fast moving games

what it does, imo, is inundate the thread with noise that makes it hard to find the important posts to find scum. plus, the added negative that it tends to lead to more town apathy with a lack of flips and action and endless back and forhts

I think it's much more pro-town on D1 to find a slot that seems scummy, run them up, get their flip and then proceed from there on D2 with the added benefit of being able to start looking at VCA and being able to use NKA
gamma seems scummy here?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:09 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1555, samantha97 wrote:
In post 1551, Menalque wrote: I think it's much more pro-town on D1 to find a slot that seems scummy, run them up, get their flip and then proceed from there on D2 with the added benefit of being able to start looking at VCA and being able to use NKA
I don't think it's possible to lynch mafia d1 in a game this size unless most of them are afk
maybe not, but if so then you really might as well get the flip done and move on, no?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:10 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1558, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
In post 1551, Menalque wrote:I wholeheartedly believe that dragging days to the deadline doesn't actually help town that much with more information, ESPECIALLY on D1 and ESPECIALLY in fast moving games

gamma seems scummy here?
scummy enough, sure

I'd also be fine with Taylor or plus, the important thing is to pick one, build up consensus votes and get that claim/flip
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:10 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm not saying we have to milk every second of the deadline but I don't really see the harm in holding off for a day or 2.

I mean, give Vecna a chance to get prodded FFS!
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:13 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 1561, Nero Cain wrote:I'm not saying we have to milk every second of the deadline but I don't really see the harm in holding off for a day or 2.

I mean, give Vecna a chance to get prodded FFS!
Sure agree with this, also let the man claim but after that what are we really waiting for? More of the star content that has been produced thus far?
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:16 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

I'm just waiting for people to come around and recognize that BH deserves the next hammer.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:19 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1527, Nero Cain wrote:but u r still 3p.

I mean, it ultimatly doesn't matter so lets selve the "is 3p scum?" talk and lynch the mafia, no?
I gave you 3 preliminary SRs already in Norwee, mastina & Plus. Pick one and I will follow.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:21 am

Post by Nero Cain »

let's talk about my gut town read on T. Swift
In post 1291, Tayl0r Swift wrote:tend to scumread me early on because of my weak early game
So I think a lot of players they think they are some kind of "end game" player or...like I always see players say they are trash early game and shine like a star near endgame. So this game off genuine to me and generally genuineness is towny.

Am I like on to something here or is this just stupid and I should ignore my faulty gut?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:21 am

Post by superbowl9 »

Tbqh plus is not a bad elim
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:21 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1530, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Is there any reason why we can't know what the specific name of the 3P mason clique thing is?
superbowl already outed it. You're not reading.. again! :facepalm:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:25 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1545, Menalque wrote:@skitter I really wish you were playing in this and not just spectating
Me too. I am tempted to ask the mod if she noticed my crumb as soon as I made it. I mean, she should, but she sometimes misses my most obvious of crumbs too.

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:26 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1567, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1530, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Is there any reason why we can't know what the specific name of the 3P mason clique thing is?
superbowl already outed it. You're not reading.. again! :facepalm:
I thought it was a meme dude.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:30 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I feel like ppl constantly not knowing if things are a joke or not kinda proves exactly why joke posting leads to confusion and is thus bad.

I'll be back later and decide the fate of Gamma.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:33 am

Post by Nero Cain »

or for us Star Wars fans

joke posts lead to confusion
confusion leads to stupid posts
stupid posts lead to scum reads
being scum read as town leads to miselimination
miseliminations lead to scum victory

Ban Hydras
Ban Hydras
Goon
Ban Hydras
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:34 am

Post by Ban Hydras »

Or you can post jokes because you want to have fun while playing mafia, and people can ignore the jokes.

~Buttercup
It takes a lot more than a couple of cheap shots to make us cry.
Ban Hydras
Ban Hydras
Goon
Ban Hydras
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:35 am

Post by Ban Hydras »

You're acting like we get paid for this or something.

~Buttercup
It takes a lot more than a couple of cheap shots to make us cry.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:35 am

Post by Nero Cain »

they ignore me most of the time anyways :(

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”