Newbie 2035 - Movie Facts (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators.
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:22 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 117, AuroraDash wrote:Regarding TheDuke, it doesn't look like anybody voted for him until after he made his one post. I think it looked like a random vote -- like the rest of us made -- with some humour thrown in, rather than a reaction to anything.

Salsabil: Does the green text mean anything, or are you using it to make your posts look nice? I'm just curious.
no no, it doesn't mean anything :lol: I just love colors, so, decide to use different colored texts in different day thread :D (only, if I will alive!)
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:27 am

Post by Titus »

In post 165, Zurel wrote:Well, all right then.

Actually Titus, can you explain why did you scumread Norway? I can't follow the reasoning, sorry.
In post 23, Titus wrote:
In post 21, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 19, Town looter wrote:VOTE: Titus AND VOTE: Norway

You know why.
Why?
My guess is Manatee's mafia.
You said you believed this person to be mafia because he was a mafia in a prior game. I would understand you voting him because of his meta or something. Yet you voted Norway instead, with a reasoning that I cannot see. If you would explain why, that would be nice, thank you.
I was guessing the reason behind Looter's RVS post in the post you quoted.

I originally voted Norway for his only scum deal in absolutes post. That itself is an absolute. That combined with his LAMIST post for defending lynchbait left me confident enough to vote. (LAMIST stands for look at me I am so town.)

Norway then shading me for voting L minus 1 during my catchup and getting all defensive leave me confident enough to vote there.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:28 am

Post by Titus »

There's also the meta reason in that he's different from Manatee's mafia where he was town and I was scum. Meta's a weak way to view players though.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:31 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

My head is spinning right now! Can't discuss/understand game at this moment, see you guys tomorrow.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:32 am

Post by Trendall »

Titus can be seen in previous games saying that 'meta is garbage'.

But in this game when it's convenient for her it can be brought up and is no longer garbage. It's 'weak' now, but still suddenly worth bringing up in the conversation.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:35 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 176, Titus wrote:Norway then shading me for voting L minus 1 during my catchup and getting all defensive leave me confident enough to vote there.
Well i'm not really being defensive, more like aggressive.
Because i'm quite certain you're bad.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Zurel
Zurel
Goon
Zurel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:36 am

Post by Zurel »

I have a very strong feeling that I'm misunderstanding what lynchbaiting means. Can someone please explain? Thank you.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:38 am

Post by Titus »

In post 181, Zurel wrote:I have a very strong feeling that I'm misunderstanding what lynchbaiting means. Can someone please explain? Thank you.
Lynchbait is a slot that's town but is real easy for scum to take advantage of and lynch.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:38 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 181, Zurel wrote:I have a very strong feeling that I'm misunderstanding what lynchbaiting means. Can someone please explain? Thank you.
Lynchbait is a player, typically town that acts in a very scummy or clueless manner. And is thus an typical player scum would attempt to push as a elimination.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:38 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Don't worry Titus, i can explain how the game works to the newbies once ur gone.

- Bunno
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:39 am

Post by Titus »

In post 179, Trendall wrote:Titus can be seen in previous games saying that 'meta is garbage'.

But in this game when it's convenient for her it can be brought up and is no longer garbage. It's 'weak' now, but still suddenly worth bringing up in the conversation.
Weak is a polite way of saying garbage.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:40 am

Post by Titus »

People also specifically asked if my read was meta.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:41 am

Post by Trendall »

So you're telling us that your own argument is invalid?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:43 am

Post by Titus »

In post 187, Trendall wrote:So you're telling us that your own argument is invalid?
The meta part only. Some people love meta. I don't. I was just specifically asked if my read was meta.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:45 am

Post by Titus »

See .
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:45 am

Post by Trendall »

But then if you were being truthful the answer would be 'no, I do not have a meta read, I don't believe in meta', surely?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:46 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 188, Titus wrote:
In post 187, Trendall wrote:So you're telling us that your own argument is invalid?
The meta part only. Some people love meta. I don't. I was just specifically asked if my read was meta.
You literally are calling your own argument invalid. Meaning you actually admit i'm town. Good stuff.
As for my play in this game i don't believe you've seen enough to justify your read on me and the way you placed your vote.

- Bunno
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:49 am

Post by Titus »

In post 190, Trendall wrote:But then if you were being truthful the answer would be 'no, I do not have a meta read, I don't believe in meta', surely?
That would be dishonest. Something can not match meta but not be useful in determining a read.

For instance, if someone made the argument

"Everytime someone wears a blue shirt, it is sunny.
John wears a blue shirt.
Therefore, it is sunny."

We know the premise is bullshit. It can still be sunny and John can still be wearing a blue shirt.

Here, I have a meta read but meta doesn't mean a thing.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:50 am

Post by Titus »

Coincidence =/= causation.

Here Norway is scum. His meta doesn't match. He is not scum for that reason but all the other reasons I detailed.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:51 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

You are being ridiculous Titus.
I've detailed countless reasons why your push on me isn't genuine, and you're still just arguing with Trendall about this meta shit.

- Bunno
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:56 am

Post by Titus »

In post 176, Titus wrote:
In post 165, Zurel wrote:Well, all right then.

Actually Titus, can you explain why did you scumread Norway? I can't follow the reasoning, sorry.
In post 23, Titus wrote:
In post 21, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 19, Town looter wrote:VOTE: Titus AND VOTE: Norway

You know why.
Why?
My guess is Manatee's mafia.
You said you believed this person to be mafia because he was a mafia in a prior game. I would understand you voting him because of his meta or something. Yet you voted Norway instead, with a reasoning that I cannot see. If you would explain why, that would be nice, thank you.
I was guessing the reason behind Looter's RVS post in the post you quoted.

I originally voted Norway for his only scum deal in absolutes post. That itself is an absolute. That combined with his LAMIST post for defending lynchbait left me confident enough to vote. (LAMIST stands for look at me I am so town.)

Norway then shading me for voting L minus 1 during my catchup and getting all defensive leave me confident enough to vote there.
This is why Norway is scum.

@Norway, I am not arguing with Trendall but explaining. He's confused in good faith. You aren't.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:58 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

It's good to know you're spewing Trendall as town.

- Bunno
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:58 am

Post by Trendall »

Generally when people think an argument is invalid, they don't then go on to say that argument out loud, because what would be the possible town-sided motivation for presenting invalid arguments?

I'm not remotely confused, thanks.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:01 am

Post by Titus »

In post 197, Trendall wrote:Generally when people think an argument is invalid, they don't then go on to say that argument out loud, because what would be the possible town-sided motivation for presenting invalid arguments?

I'm not remotely confused, thanks.
I was specifically asked if the meta matched in 165. Generally that is correct.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:01 am

Post by Titus »

Also, if you understood, you'd be voting NorwegianboyEE.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”