Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3525 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:54 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3522, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3519, Titus wrote:@Mathblade, You're running yourself ragged trying to avoid the conclusion scum were shopping for a counterwagon and failed.

Logically, gamma could not have been a planned bus because only Pickaxe Pete could be early army on the wagon.
If you read my post carefully I agree, planned bus was impossible based on claims. However I don’t see the evidence of a scum aiming for a counter wagon. I looked at the people on the wagon and a majority of the scum would have to be on Ban All Hydras.

I just don’t see that as viable based on my read.
That's also incorrect. Scum weren't sitting on one counterwagon alone, given the multitude that sprung up.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3526 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:55 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

i think the SS wagon (other than the scumslip) is about as good as the gamma wagon yesterday. that is to say, i think its not good. and how often do scumslips actually come from scum?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3527 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I also object to the classification “running ragged” to avoid the conclusion.

None of that is opinion except how I processed the data. The fact the wagon was 3P driven if 3P claims are true.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3528 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3526, Tayl0r Swift wrote:i think the SS wagon (other than the scumslip) is about as good as the gamma wagon yesterday. that is to say, i think its not good. and how often do scumslips actually come from scum?
Can you clarify this? I read it multple times and it sounds like you're implying the Gamma wagon wasn't good.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3529 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:57 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3525, Titus wrote:
In post 3519, Titus wrote:@Mathblade, You're running yourself ragged trying to avoid the conclusion scum were shopping for a counterwagon and failed.

Logically, gamma could not have been a planned bus because only Pickaxe Pete could be early army on the wagon.
If you read my post carefully I agree, planned bus was impossible based on claims. However I don’t see the evidence of a scum aiming for a counter wagon. I looked at the people on the wagon and a majority of the scum would have to be on Ban All Hydras.

That's also incorrect. Scum weren't sitting on one counterwagon alone, given the multitude that sprung up.
A multitude didnt spring up. They were there already.

Check the VC again Titus. Scum were inactive/ineffective.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3530 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:00 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 3528, Titus wrote:
In post 3526, Tayl0r Swift wrote:i think the SS wagon (other than the scumslip) is about as good as the gamma wagon yesterday. that is to say, i think its not good. and how often do scumslips actually come from scum?
Can you clarify this? I read it multple times and it sounds like you're implying the Gamma wagon wasn't good.
it hit scum (probably?). in that sense it was good. but the wagon itself i thought was bad at the time. i never understood why it was so quick to form, why there were no counterwagons, except on BH who was even townier, or what the reasons for the wagon were to begin with.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3531 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:00 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3529, MathBlade wrote:

Scum were. Whenever they'd get on a counterwagon, it died most likely. Scum tried to get counters but town (or town plus 3p if semantic) had synergized.

Now, rather than bicker about theory, let's talk about reads.

I will agree you make a decent point to bump down Pickaxe Pete though.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Pickaxe Pete
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3532 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:01 pm

Post by Pickaxe Pete »

In post 3505, Nero Cain wrote:hunting 3p is a pro-scum move
Are you talking this game or in general?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3533 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:02 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

both
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3534 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:03 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

like, I do understand that others could be paranoid about our claims but hunting 3p instead of army is either stupid or scummy.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Pickaxe Pete
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3535 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:04 pm

Post by Pickaxe Pete »

In post 3507, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 1521, Nero Cain wrote:im counting a50 and SB. Even if they do win with the town I feel like anything that's not TOWN is scum. There are those that say that a 3p that can win with town aren't scum but I don't really buy into that philosophy.
In post 1848, Nero Cain wrote:my thoughts on 3p always being scum despite being able to win with town are consistent throughout my time on site.
In post 1971, Nero Cain wrote:imagine thinking that a claimed 3p is town.
In post 1974, Nero Cain wrote:superbowl and a50 but they win with the town and ONLY the town, they promise.
Queue your claim:
In post 3505, Nero Cain wrote:I feel like you and april and whomever pushing us has a good chance of being scum b/c hunting 3p is a pro-scum move.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3536 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:04 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 3520, TheGoldenParadox wrote:"i didn't check the TOWN wincon" as opposed to "i didn't check MY wincon"
Why should I drag my alignment into this? The town wincon is available for everyone to see.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3537 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:04 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

in a shocking development, the 3p wants us to not look at the 3p.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3538 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:05 pm

I don't understand why you think one way of phrasing is more likely from one alignment than the other. They are equivalent.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3539 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:05 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 3530, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
it hit scum (probably?). in that sense it was good. but the wagon itself i thought was bad at the time. i never understood why it was so quick to form, why there were no counterwagons, except on BH who was even townier, or what the reasons for the wagon were to begin with.
Gamma's played with a lot of people. Meta. He really does omgus and self-wagon analyze way more as town than he did when he got here.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3540 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:05 pm

Post by Titus »

I think you and I have a different standard for counterwagons.

This post comes from someone who recognizes they are on the outside.

Talk to me about your reads a bit. Who do you want to eliminate (aside from shellyc)?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3541 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:05 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3531, Titus wrote:
In post 3529, MathBlade wrote:

Scum were. Whenever they'd get on a counterwagon, it died most likely. Scum tried to get counters but town (or town plus 3p if semantic) had synergized.

Now, rather than bicker about theory, let's talk about reads.

I will agree you make a decent point to bump down Pickaxe Pete though.
My reads are based on theory. So if you don’t understand my theory you won’t understand my reads. Because you’ve got a lot of people as scum the VCA doesn’t support. If you assume Pickaxe Pete is scum that’s in the inactive/ineffective column not the shopping for counter wagon as Pete’s never moved.

I kinda think I am getting into the groove.

GTKAS -- MathBlade
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3542 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:06 pm

Definitionally, 100% of the time.

But plenty of things look like scumslips that aren't.

Presumably you're asking "what percentage of alleged scumslips are real scumslips", which I would estimate at around 4%.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3543 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3540, Titus wrote:
I think you and I have a different standard for counterwagons.

This post comes from someone who recognizes they are on the outside.

Talk to me about your reads a bit. Who do you want to eliminate (aside from shellyc)?
Something Smart, maaaybe Golden Paradox but that one is a stretch. I mainly have a lot of townreads atm.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3544 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:07 pm

Post by Bell »

@Mathblade:
What theory?
I have like 4 empirical bits of data that are reliable and unlikely to change but a theory seems a little far off.
Pickaxe Pete
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3545 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:07 pm

Post by Pickaxe Pete »

In post 3514, MathBlade wrote:
Spoiler: followupVC not colored mobile
In post 1759, schadd_ wrote:
breaking a bone is basically nothing

vote count 1.4

Gamma Emerald (8):
Ban Hydras, Pickaxe Pete, Menalque, Titus, superbowl9, NorwegianboyEE, mastina, Morning Mage
Ban Hydras (6):
PlusJOYED, DiamondSentinel, Christøpher, Nero Cain, samantha97, Gamma Emerald
NorwegianboyEE (3):
Almost50, DrDolittle, TheGoldenParadox
Menalque (1):
jjh927
Almost50 (1):
Vecna
April Ludgate (1):
EchoVision
DiamondSentinel (1):
Tayl0r Swift

not voting (2):
April Ludgate, Bell

with 23 alive, it takes 12 to Execute someones Ass. day 1 ends october 24th at 13:30 central US time; in (expired on 2020-10-24 13:30:00)

mod notes
  • Christøpher has requested replacement
  • : good
[/area]

Almost50 a 3P leaves
Nero leaves

Mastina and Morning Mage enter the wagon.

This leaves Morning Mage and Pickaxe Pete as only potential army on the wagon.

On the Ban all hydras wagon added Nero Sam and GE
Nero is 3P who floated between the wagons
GE was voting the biggest wagon other than himself.

So we’re left with Plus DS Christopher (who I think is Chemist) and Samantha (scully I think)

Rule of three says there’s likely a scum somewhere in this list.

However again none of these were really pushing the wagons iirc (please correct me if I am wrong)
Based on tone this didn’t seem like a scum driven wagon either.

So this game seems to be driven by NT players.

This jives with my 2-8 out of no where scum bus just it was NT.
There's no such thing as a rule of three outside of what titus would call moon logic.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3546 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:07 pm

If anything, is scum indicative because it equates being not town with being scum when that clearly isn't the case.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3547 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3537, Tayl0r Swift wrote:in a shocking development, the 3p wants us to not look at the 3p.
fmpov its no different than town being calling scum and saying that you shouldn't lynch me b/c its a mislynch.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3548 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:11 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3544, Bell wrote:@Mathblade:
What theory?
I have like 4 empirical bits of data that are reliable and unlikely to change but a theory seems a little far off.
Not a theory but wagon theory.

The wagon theory says scum were ineffective/useless and not pushing the counter wagon.

Titus and I deviate here. I am guessing it’s because she’s 3P and wants to control it like she is town. So she’s trying to label herself as town to reach the conclusion she did. However as she’s claimed 3P the data doesn’t support it. It would maybe be a possibility if she was town but not 3P.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3549 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3264, Titus wrote:
Town
Titus

Plusjoyed

Diamond Sentinel
Nero Cain

shellyc

A50

Ban Hydras
mastina
Menalque
Above Null
NorweiganboyEE

The Golden Paradox
superbowl9

Bell
NullDrDolittle
something_smart
Mathblade
jjh927
Lean ScumChemist1422
April Ludgate

Morning Mage
Pickaxe Pete
ScumTayl0r Swift

A planned bus doesn't generate four counters. Scum would abandon the bus.

I have realistically 8 names that could be scum. I'm cutting off at above null right now. That needs to have 4 scum.

Can you look at your notes and see who overlaps?
@Math, Pete couldn't move to a counter without losing the towncred.

Second, if scum are in the ineffectives...that points to SS, jjh... DDL...and you.

I am pretty sure Pickaxe moves to Taylor level based on today's developments.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”