Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3925 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:50 am

Post by shellyc »

Math vs mastina Titus is clearly a TvT shitfight over random setup spec
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3926 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:50 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 3537, Tayl0r Swift wrote:in a shocking development, the 3p wants us to not look at the 3p.
Let me put it as simple as this: We are NOT "Army". Society are NOT "Army". Both groups confirm each other to be "a different faction than them and the Town" AND both confirm the other faction is "Pro-Town". Do you think we are two scum factions that decided to a) Out, and b) falsely confirm their "rivals"?

There's also this little bit when Gamma apologized to me for fooling me and confessed to be "Scum". He was NOT "Goliath" and was NOT "Society". So you believe there are THREE anti-town factions in the game? If not, then
at least
one of Goliath/Society is NOT anti-town, and if they confirm the other to also be Pro-Town then they must be too.

Conclusion: Try to accept the fact that this isn't your conventional setup, and that we do have 2 3P factions that are explicitly Pro-Town, and that the reason why that is was for them to actually suspect each other and for Town to suspect them both as well, but things took a different route when Society decided to neighborize me, so we got to confirm each other rather than fight against each other.

P.S. I'll even add this bit, as it doesn't give away any "secrets" to Scum: It was mastina who correctly read me and decided to make that move. Both Titus and Nero initially were opposed to it (and if you look at our mutual history you would know this makes perfect sense from them both) but mastina managed to convince them my claim was legit and true and that Goliath was indeed a Town-aligned 3P faction.

ALSO, that explains why Nero first was hunting for us and now is siding by us. Nero thought if they were Pro-Town 3P then we must be Scum who are either fake claiming or true claiming their alignment but not their wincon. That is typically how Nero thinks. He is the type of player that is most paranoid of anything that doesn't look like a typical treat of usual games/setups. Once it was pointed out to him how this game works he changed his mind because now he sees how the setup was initially supposed to work.

Any other questions? I am here for the next few hours (unless an unexpected "lights out" or I have a heart-attack or something)

Spoiler:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3927 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:51 am

Post by Titus »

Fwiw, I think Math is only scum in an April!town universe. I can't see Math rage as a hard bus. I think Mathblade's town anyway but this is further evidence.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3928 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:53 am

Post by mastina »

In post 3862, NorwegianboyEE wrote:What? Why would that be information you're given? Now i'm starting to wonder if i agree with Math that it's almost too good to be true.
Heck if I know, maybe schadd thought we'd be more antitown than we actually are in practice? Like, we have very heavy shades of the 3p faction in the last MBOS game, we're just more town-friendly (much much more town friendly), and the 3p faction in the last MBOS game had knowledge like that, so it might be an artifact of that? Like, maybe we were initially designed as a more antitown faction than what we are, and were given that knowledge to balance it, but were later made more protown, more town friendly, and the information was left in as a relic?

You'll have to ask schadd_ about it postgame, this is just my theorycrafting.

We got a lot of knowledge that helps the town in some form or another, I legit have no clue why we were given what we were.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3929 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:53 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3927, Titus wrote:Fwiw, I think Math is only scum in an April!town universe. I can't see Math rage as a hard bus. I think Mathblade's town anyway but this is further evidence.
This doesn’t make sense.

Either April is conf scum or they aren’t.

Take your pick.

You can’t weasel out because I am giving you the execution you want.

“Oh wait in case this fails I gotta shade Math”

That’s disgusting.

You have control of the game highness. That includes ownership of the responsibility.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #3930 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:53 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

One question to the 3P gang.
If your second wincon is "close to impossible" as you put it. Why not just tell us what it is?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3931 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:54 am

Post by mastina »

In post 3864, MathBlade wrote:Just fucking claim all the setup information you have right fucking now. There’s no reason to keep shit hidden.
To some extent there actually is tho.

I've revealed a lot publicly, and
everything
in the PT.

There's six players who can decide if the stuff in the latter not in the former should be moved from the latter into the former.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3932 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:54 am

Post by shellyc »

Mastina if your hood is informed and the info is useful and you’re protown why don’t you just out it considering you win with us

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3933 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:55 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3930, NorwegianboyEE wrote:One question to the 3P gang.
If your second wincon is "close to impossible" as you put it. Why not just tell us what it is?
Because it requires a series of events that outs our entire wincon to explain. I will say this, no one event will ever create that scenario.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3934 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:56 am

Post by shellyc »

In post 3931, mastina wrote:o some extent there actually is tho.
Don’t you like, win with town and have an impossible wincon

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3935 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:56 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3931, mastina wrote:
In post 3864, MathBlade wrote:Just fucking claim all the setup information you have right fucking now. There’s no reason to keep shit hidden.
To some extent there actually is tho.

I've revealed a lot publicly, and
everything
in the PT.

There's six players who can decide if the stuff in the latter not in the former should be moved from the latter into the former.
Uh huh.

Clearly.

Yup.

I believe you.

(This post is sarcastic)
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3936 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:56 am

Post by mastina »

In post 3877, Titus wrote:
In post 3841, mastina wrote:EXACTLY this strat, where he or a scumbuddy at his behest (forget which) claimed motion detector (falsely so) to try and synergize with a town loyal/disloyal role (forget which).
Don't remember which game he pulled this in, but he 100% has done it before and would and did do it again.
Which game?
It'd be a Normal that I was a reviewer of, but fucked if I know which one.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3937 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:57 am

Post by mastina »

In post 3884, superbowl9 wrote:I feel like if we were in the same PT we’d get along so well mastina
It can be arranged!

:P
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3938 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:58 am

Post by shellyc »

Math

If you don’t like mastina approach do you think they’re just anti town or scum fakeclaiming

Because this obviously isn’t a fakeclaim

If you know mastina to be “town” why do you shitfight with them

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3939 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:59 am

Post by shellyc »

Mastina i would still like to hear a MM towncase as well

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3940 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:00 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3939, shellyc wrote:
Me too.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3941 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:00 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3938, shellyc wrote:Math

If you don’t like mastina approach do you think they’re just anti town or scum fakeclaiming

Because this obviously isn’t a fakeclaim

If you know mastina to be “town” why do you shitfight with them
I don’t think they’re town. I don’t think they’re scum. I think they’re 3P like they claimed.

I don’t trust not town until they earn it. I pegged Mastina as not town during the read through.

The wagon on Gamma was 3P driven not town driven.

All of the information has been routed through 3P and not town.

If their setup spec is true Norwegian is lock town to them. Invite them boom done.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3942 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:02 am

Post by MathBlade »

Because they haven’t earned my trust and are tunneling one of my top townreads and each answer just piles more and more BS on rather than fight them I am trying a new strategy of “fine let them choke on their BS”

Then if April is army we are good
And if not then they are the anti town 3P I thought they were and we can exe them tomorrow.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #3943 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:04 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 3942, MathBlade wrote:Then if April is army we are good
And if not then they are the anti town 3P I thought they were and we can exe them tomorrow.
What exactly do you expect their win condition to be if they are anti-town 3P though? What would their goal be by targeting April here? What is their plan?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3944 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:06 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3943, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 3942, MathBlade wrote:Then if April is army we are good
What exactly do you expect their win condition to be if they are anti-town 3P though? What would their goal be by targeting April here? What is their plan?
The wincon no idea. As nearly everything would be bullshit. It would be back to the drawing board.

Their plan would be to get rid of motion detector for accountability.

Motion detectors are incredibly OP in an experienced player’s hands. And April is experienced.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3945 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:07 am

Post by mastina »

In post 3930, NorwegianboyEE wrote:One question to the 3P gang. If your second wincon is "close to impossible" as you put it. Why not just tell us what it is?
Because it reveals information that's pro-scum and not pro-town--which would make instant sense if we did reveal it and you'd go, "oh, yeah, that IS proscum to have revealed", but like. Can't reveal what the proscum info to reveal is, without revealing it, so. For now, gotta take our word for it. :P
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3946 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:07 am

Post by Titus »

@Mathblade, And your response when NorwegianboyEE believes us is that he was agency captured. We aren't going to appease you. We are going to play for town to win. You don't get to dictate our actions.

Second, none of us are backing off from being 3p. Setting aside whether we're good or evil, that leaves 5 group scum.

We aren't going to earn your trust. You have made that abundantly clear to the thread. We definitely are not today, since you are hinging your trust in us based on following your whims.

Let's just go after a common enemy.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3947 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:11 am

Post by mastina »

In post 3932, shellyc wrote:Mastina if your hood is informed and the info is useful and you’re protown why don’t you just out it considering you win with us
I have been, but not all info is protown to reveal publicly. There IS information that is proscum to reveal, even if it would have some protown utility.

Basically, when it comes to revealing information:
If scum get more from revealing the information than town, don't reveal it; (all the information that we have left fits this, pretty sure)
If town get more from revealing the information than scum, DO reveal it (all the information we've divulged was this, pretty sure).

Do you disagree?

It should be noted: some information if revealed would also reveal other information, such as us knowing the number of groupscum in this game being a dead giveaway that we're a 3p. :P (Thus, why I shared the former only after the revelation of the latter.)
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3948 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:11 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3946, Titus wrote:@Mathblade, And your response when NorwegianboyEE believes us is that he was agency captured. We aren't going to appease you. We are going to play for town to win. You don't get to dictate our actions.

Second, none of us are backing off from being 3p. Setting aside whether we're good or evil, that leaves 5 group scum.

We aren't going to earn your trust. You have made that abundantly clear to the thread. We definitely are not today, since you are hinging your trust in us based on following your whims.

Let's just go after a common enemy.
Nope. Not how this works.

You say you’re town siding.

You say you’ve caught scum in April.

We’re testing you.

Otherwise you don’t have caught scum in April and my townread is right.

Which is it?

I don’t work to find a common enemy when I don’t know if you’re town or scum siding. Because then you just pick from the Townie in my list.

You have a “conf” scum. You can either admit their not conf scum and actually try to cooperate
Or you say their still conf scum and it’s a barometer check

Mastina said she had setup spec that makes April scum.

If that is true then April is scum. If that’s not then it’s BS to get April hung and it is known.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3949 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:13 am

Post by mastina »

In post 3939, shellyc wrote:
Will have to wait--it's literally 7:15 am here and I've been playing this game since about 1:15, I've been in this game for 6 hours, the sun is beginning to rise and I've not slept for the night.

My plan is to catch up and then go to bed. :P

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”