Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:31 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1497, xofelf wrote:I had a cult spotter in a previous game which was just this side of not VT, and that was actually fun cuz I at least had information to do something with. I kinda.. need direction and concrete something to work with or I don't exactly know where to go or where to really start, and too many options and variables makes for not fun for xoffies. BUT I'm trying here.

BM does kind of have a point, but idk, both he and Taylor feel a little bulldog grabbing a hold on things.
I'm completely right on the Taylor-meta. she started the game as open-wolfing scum, playing deliberately anti-town in an open setup. Exactly like she did in her only other scum game, also in an open setup with me. It's the strongest meta read I've ever had I think. Taylor is smart enough to play to her wincon.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:32 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1496, MURDERCAT wrote:VT is the best role.

I kind of wanted to be in control of the hammer but I trust Alice I guess

Noraa is still E-2 right? If so I'll vote
yeah do it
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:33 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1496, MURDERCAT wrote:VT is the best role.

I kind of wanted to be in control of the hammer but I trust Alice I guess

Noraa is still E-2 right? If so I'll vote
Pretty sure it's E-3 lol, taylor and plus unvoted
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:34 am

Post by Battle Mage »

infinity - are you strong?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:34 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1351, egotisi wrote:also another thing i think pointing to town!noraa is that there's like... scummy slots that seem to not really care which one goes through
In post 1148, Jewel Barons wrote:VOTE: egotisi
While I'm a bit skeptical of Infinity's motives currently, I also think we've kinda been stuck talking about a few slots and a wagon here shakes that up a bit.

-GAMMA
this weak asf vote BeCaUsE WaGoN even tho he's kinda skeptical of our main pusher?
In post 1149, Jewel Barons wrote:I will say it's a bit funky Noraa was looking for a compromise that early, but wagons are wagons, I had a 5 vote wagon form on me on the first couple pages of a 13p mini normal once, and iirc it generated some interesting data, though probably not accurately interpreted data.

-GAMMA
and in his next post, literally 2 whole minutes later, he's throwing shade at noraa

@inifinity, i think i saw you say that your preferred votes are us and noraa, right? can you tldr me why you suspect noraa or link it or something?

-tisi
Bruh your SR on me is honestly terrible, it started for weak reasons on Nor that iirc amounted to being for non-alignment reasons, and your read on me has essentially been “nothing has been town so he’s scum”, when base odds would make me more likely to be town?
And to address the actual point here, just because I’m skeptical of someone doesn’t mean I actually SR them, I’m just watching my back. As for me “shading” Noraa while voting you, that is the weakest excuse for shade I’ve even seen. While it was a strange thing to do it’s not like I tried to say “it’s strange and that’s bad”. I just think she was playing a little differently than most players would in the gamestate at hand.

I also want to point out that ego essentially is using the same tone of “this vote is weak so the wagon is bad” that MCat used, so if Noraa gets yeeted today and flips town these two need to be critically examined.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:36 am

Post by Battle Mage »

the amount of people saying "if noraa flips town, do this" is making me nervous
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:37 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1503, Battle Mage wrote:infinity - are you strong?
?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:38 am

Post by xofelf »

Haha, I'm largely Mish Mash and Large Socials. I only venture out here if I'm invited these days. I replaced out of Alisae v Pine but I had rolled VT in that game. This is the only game I've finished in years Mainstream Mafia II where I rolled the cult spotter. I've hydra'd in Calendar Mafia and On the Flying Scumsman. The latter didn't finish. I think the last game I played before AvP was a Survivormeet Invitational, and that had a mod error where the game had to be scrapped, but I did roll scum there. Before either of those were also hydra games. On my own the last game I played myself was probably in 2010 maybe? I honestly don't remember.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:39 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 1499, Cobra Kai wrote:Can someone paint me a picture their xof scumread? I haven’t minded her since early game at all.
For me it's just a complete lack of scum hunting and general disinterest in the game unless their name comes up. And I get that happens as town sometimes, but I explicitly asked for more effort and reads and didn't really get anywhere

Also if you are pooky you can tell me
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:40 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1354, egotisi wrote:(idk the point of replying to this but)
my idea is that town doesn't have to force themselves to have reads because it comes to them naturally
and i know scum!norwee does *not* get reads naturally
so the "hihi i was just gonna derp around" feels like a scum excuse more than anything
Well while we were in the hydra he’d told me he wasn’t really paying attention to the game due to not wanting to post on the wrong account, which is a fair sentiment as I myself have hydra-slipped before because I got excited to post something, and I also tend to lose interest in games where I can’t really post like I’d prefer to. The plan eventually became that I would solve and he would just be my sanity check to make sure I wasn’t tunneling on anything too hard. However there was an issue with something I’d rather not discuss publicly at this point, and that made us not feel like hydraing anymore, and since I was more invested in the game at that point I took over the slot.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:40 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

VOTE: Noraa
GTKAMURDERCAT

xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:42 am

Post by xofelf »

Ah no wait, I was in Inuyasha Mafia. I rolled... a JOAT I think? Idk, it was still a good 5 or more years ago.

P-edit: You're getting the reads that I have as I have them, Cat. You just don't tend to like that they're not big confident lists. That's not I do. If things look funky, I say so, that's what I do. I am interested, but I need more information to give you the kind of reads and feelings you're looking for.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:44 am

Post by Noraa »

Y'all really want a claim eh? sure. I am a vanilla town.
I was preparing to fake claim/strong soft an important role until I remembered that for scum its completely open setup(someone posted that a few posts ago) so I decided against it. Cuz if I claimed a role that actually existed, a pr might out to cc and that would do the opposite of what I wanted my soft to do. If I claimed a pr that's not on the list, the scums are gonna think I'm a vt throwing so that also doesn't help anyone. I was originally just gonna soft a really strong pr but never reveal exactly as to draw the nk. I definitely think if I had softed something really powerful, I could've eaten the nk bc after all, they have 3 prs and I'm certain they don't want any to die day 2(I would've softed that I was that powerful). Prolly would've went with vig but anyways that's a bad idea in case there actually is a vig and if there isnt, scums wouldn't be scared of me anyways so that all doesn't work out if scum know what prs town has. Anyways that plan's not gonna work now that I claim vt and wasn't gonna work anyways since I forgot something major so there was a big flaw in the plan.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:45 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1508, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 1499, Cobra Kai wrote:Can someone paint me a picture their xof scumread? I haven’t minded her since early game at all.
For me it's just a complete lack of scum hunting and general disinterest in the game unless their name comes up. And I get that happens as town sometimes, but I explicitly asked for more effort and reads and didn't really get anywhere

Also if you are pooky you can tell me
if this is pooky, we need an intervention.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:45 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 1511, xofelf wrote:P-edit: You're getting the reads that I have as I have them, Cat. You just don't tend to like that they're not big confident lists. That's not I do. If things look funky, I say so, that's what I do. I am interested, but I need more information to give you the kind of reads and feelings you're looking for.
I don't even need a big list, but I think I never got a response to asking you for you top three SRs? You gave one and I asked for two more. The problem is just that I literally can't sort you without info. So yeah you could do this as town but you could also do it as scum and just coast and there's no way to tell it apart
GTKAMURDERCAT

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:45 am

Post by Battle Mage »

UNVOTE:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:46 am

Post by Noraa »

I'm really glad whoever posted the thing about scums having open setup posted that otherwise I might've outed a vig or looked like a fool. The first option would've been really bad.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:47 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 1512, Noraa wrote:I could've eaten the nk bc after all,
At best you just eat a roleblock

UNVOTE:

Let's not rush. Where is Isis?
GTKAMURDERCAT

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:47 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1379, Tayl0r Swift wrote:hmm we are in a very unusual position here: i actually like both of the main wagons, and could easily see noraa or xof flipping scum here. the problem is, what are the odds that both the leading day 1 wagon and the counterwagon are on scum? almost 0. i think this suggests that noraa is scum with egotisi, but fuck me if im seriously trying to do VCA
I feel like both the Noraa wagon and the xof wagon got a second wind in response to the egotisi wagon
Make of that what you will.
<Embrace The Void>

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:48 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1512, Noraa wrote:Y'all really want a claim eh? sure. I am a vanilla town.
I was preparing to fake claim/strong soft an important role until I remembered that for scum its completely open setup(someone posted that a few posts ago) so I decided against it. Cuz if I claimed a role that actually existed, a pr might out to cc and that would do the opposite of what I wanted my soft to do. If I claimed a pr that's not on the list, the scums are gonna think I'm a vt throwing so that also doesn't help anyone. I was originally just gonna soft a really strong pr but never reveal exactly as to draw the nk. I definitely think if I had softed something really powerful, I could've eaten the nk bc after all, they have 3 prs and I'm certain they don't want any to die day 2(I would've softed that I was that powerful). Prolly would've went with vig but anyways that's a bad idea in case there actually is a vig and if there isnt, scums wouldn't be scared of me anyways so that all doesn't work out if scum know what prs town has. Anyways that plan's not gonna work now that I claim vt and wasn't gonna work anyways since I forgot something major so there was a big flaw in the plan.
yeah ok i buy it. for the record, that's exactly what I thought you were when I posted earlier that I thought I knew your role. I was trying to tease you a bit into fake-claiming a PR as I would've felt better about elimming you.

ok so what do we do now?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:49 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

I don't know but you are super town BM sorry for earlier
GTKAMURDERCAT

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:50 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1397, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 1392, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 1391, Battle Mage wrote:1389 logic is actually why you should think taylor is scum
the wagon on me isnt taking off because youre the only one who scumreads me and your case is "but shes scum tho"
i must be the best scumhunter here then, if im the only one! My case on you is pretty damning, to the point there's no way scum don't take you as an easy mislim here if you're town.
Mate, having good reads don’t mean shit if you can’t convince anyone, and your Taylor read is awful. You pretty much rehash the same shit. It seems more like you’re afraid to lose to scum!Taylor than you legitimately think she’s scum.
<Embrace The Void>

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:50 am

Post by Battle Mage »

no probs dude.

One thing worries me now about the xofelf claim.

She said "i'm so sick of getting VT all the time" only she has barely played any games in 10 years? makes me think it's maybe BS
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:52 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1521, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1397, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 1392, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 1391, Battle Mage wrote:1389 logic is actually why you should think taylor is scum
the wagon on me isnt taking off because youre the only one who scumreads me and your case is "but shes scum tho"
i must be the best scumhunter here then, if im the only one! My case on you is pretty damning, to the point there's no way scum don't take you as an easy mislim here if you're town.
Mate, having good reads don’t mean shit if you can’t convince anyone, and your Taylor read is awful. You pretty much rehash the same shit. It seems more like you’re afraid to lose to scum!Taylor than you legitimately think she’s scum.
lol did norweg abandon your hydra because you kept spamming pointlessly about stuff from 100 posts ago? :lol:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:53 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1522, Battle Mage wrote:no probs dude.

One thing worries me now about the xofelf claim.

She said "i'm so sick of getting VT all the time" only she has barely played any games in 10 years? makes me think it's maybe BS
that was to Murder btw
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Open Games”