BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3750 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:57 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 3747, Gamma Emerald wrote:Tbh I’m trying to remember a time when a late arriving role PM has caused significant trouble. I vaguely remember something but it’s faint in my mind.
Maybe Grendel replaced into a PR with certain knowledge from Night Actions or some other mechanical thing (quick example, post restriction) that would mess things up.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3751 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:58 pm

Post by pisskop »

meh. bakers cool people. i feel like as a mod id be miffed. eve3n though i kind of did the same thing grendel did.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
The Baker
The Baker
Goon
The Baker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3752 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:16 am

Post by The Baker »

Im cool with everything that’s gone on. I didn’t know that Grendel was invited by Gamma but that just makes me gracious. I’m happy to have a replacement so quickly. I don’t suspect any malfeasance from either of them, I trust Gamma. And one post before I get them their pm is no skin off my back. I was just on my phone when they messaged me to replace in. Wasn’t easily able to send them the role immediately. Y’all just continue on in your merry way with the game. All is good.
I'm the mod. Dr Easy Bake is the main Baker. Debbie Doggie Do is the certified taste tester. Darth Baker is your father. Son of a Shepherd is a simpleton, yes?
Croissants for everybody!
UwU click my links!
GTKAS
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3753 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:24 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 3743, pisskop wrote:
In post 3689, The Baker wrote:@Doctor Drew
k shame.

I think drewboi is scum.
Wut.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3754 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:19 am

Post by Starbuck »

Super Mega Read/Catch Up Thing --- Go. Starting around Page 132 to bottom of 138.
In post 3343, chkflip wrote:Giving Walt!slot the axe brings stress off the moderator and shores up issues in regards to (If town) cohesion overall. This isn't a bad play.
In post 3345, chkflip wrote:Yes, this is a policy lynch on D3.

It's absolutely necessary.
I needed a reminder of where the push for the Assemble wagon started. I saw his vote, but wanted to quote the reasoning.

Drew, I appreciate all the push back that I'm seeing from you after this and through Page 134.

The wagon reeks of opportunism when I see votes from Bambi, Pooky, and then NPOM (really dude?).

In post 3359, Gamma Emerald wrote:And I am very much against the assembler elim atm
In post 3371, Gamma Emerald wrote:Walter also genuinely tried to solve things
Finally, someone reasonable.

He did! I'm glad that I'm not the only one who caught this.

In post 3399, DrippingGoofball wrote:The scum could have been drummers, roadies, fans...
Ahh, nope, this isn't true.

From the sign up thread:
In post 0, The Baker wrote:This is the first of a five game series I am starting. They will all be based on a different part of the typical band: guitarists, bassists, drummers, vocalists, and producers/engineers.
Now, I'm not necessarily going to do them back to back, other games might come up in between, but I have planned a grand finale for this series of games. Although, it is going to stay open since we never know what may happen during them.
Guitarists are first up on the ballot! I have selected 21 guitarists that have made an impact in my life through one way or another. Could be from inspiration and/or enjoyment. Every role will have the flavor of one of these individuals.
I see A50 already hit this correction.

In post 3424, NoPowerOverMe wrote:DGB is looking increasingly scummy. Looking at her iso it looks like she talks to the whole player base at large rather than specific people and is not game solving.
Can you give examples of the lack of game solving? Additionally, talking to the whole player base vice specific people is rather NAI. Can you show me how the two connect for you in your recently new read of scumDGB?

In addition, her response to me in feels genuine. I have been wrong in the past and I'm still tossing A50's observations around in my head, but I'm not sure if she's the tree that we should be barking at as the townDGB that I'm used to just came out in .

Lastly, I appreciate Gamma's with the listing of Lavender games. Here's my reminder to myself to go back to it when I get a chance.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3755 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:36 am

Post by Starbuck »

Page 139 to 142
In post 3455, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 3454, NoPowerOverMe wrote:@DGB When's the last time you were wagoned without a result?
I just busted out laughing. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

@Lavender - you only ever come in the game in regards to post about you and you're putting forth no effort to solve. Let alone effort to be here. That's my issue with your slot. You're still in the null pile for me because you aren't putting forth effort. This can come from town or scum, but it would be appreciated if you actually contributed rather than taking up space in the game. The Activity Overview has you with less posts that Looker, Princess Leia, Titus, IKS, and Walter. I'm firmly against policy, but I don't necessarily think a shred on you would be policy anymore given your beetlejuicing and active lurking.

Basically, I think Gamma has a point all through page 140.

In post 3517, chkflip wrote:Galron hasn't been active at all this phase and that post just means they're also not reading. I feel like people should care about that.
That's blatantly untrue.
In post 3533, NoPowerOverMe wrote:I don't practice wifom.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
In post 3536, DrippingGoofball wrote:I'm still not all that convinced that the guy who did a universal roleblock that didn't stop the faction NK is town.
Your attention to detail is normally better than this. From the thinking scum aren't guitarists and now, not noticing that there wasn't an NK? Are you faking this? Hrm.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3756 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:36 am

Post by Iecerint »

In post 3691, Grendel wrote:In very far into Tideath's ISO, but is a highly antagonistic tone common for Tideath to those who have played with him?
He's a bit emotionally sensitive in general, but it's outside his typical range this game.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3757 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:45 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

VOTE: Lavender
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3758 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:55 am

Post by Starbuck »

Page 143 to 148

Even after all the previous conversations, rude and dave both vote the Assemble/Walter slot after the mod's vote count on 143. I'm not surprised by rude's vote, but dave's. Anyone on a ghost wagon is suspect.
In post 3563, TiphaineDeath wrote:^I really don't get how absolutely ANYONE can see this slot as town anymore^
That's funny. I don't get how anyone can see your slot as town either.
In post 3619, DrippingGoofball wrote:NPOM will board any wagon, even if it doesn't stop at his station.
Ain't that the god damn truth.

Oh look, Grendel just got here and he has more input than Lavender. And his about TD vibes with me a ton.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3759 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:05 am

Post by Iecerint »

I don't buy DGB's claim.

1. If her claim were as she says, she would have reacted differently to IKS's claim D1 (e.g., because townDGB would instantly infer that IKS was scum, for the same reason that people are now inferring that DGB's claim implies she is town due to scumIKS). This is particularly true because IIRC she was saying that IKS was scum while voting NPOM with me D1. This is why I think she is not town with the role she says she has.
2. Bambi already claimed another version of IKS's claim. Bambi's claim seems related to something that happened to multiple players N2 and is relatively verified (though it's not impossible that the action could be an omni-fruit vender). So far as I have experienced them, Baker's games are "bastard" in name only -- they're similar to ordinary Theme games on the site from the early 2010s. This is why I think the role is probably fabricated, rather than "the role that scumDGB has."
3. DGB's claim is an ideal scum fakeclaim. She can continue to fabricate it as the game goes on. Her note that abilities are "probabilistic" gives her even more flexibility in fakeclaiming as the game goes on.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3760 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:09 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 3755, Starbuck wrote:
In post 3517, chkflip wrote:Galron hasn't been active at all this phase and that post just means they're also not reading. I feel like people should care about that.
That's blatantly untrue.
When I saw the chkflip post I initially thought the same thing.
There is a difference between posting stuff, and posting meaningful stuff.
Anyone can say I think this, I think that. What differentiates for me is when people say why they think things. If someone consistently fails to say why, it's a clue. From what I remember when I looked, Galron's posting falls into that category.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3761 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:15 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 3758, Starbuck wrote:Even after all the previous conversations, rude and dave both vote the Assemble/Walter slot after the mod's vote count on 143. I'm not surprised by rude's vote, but dave's. Anyone on a ghost wagon is suspect.
I explicitly disagree with the other big wagons. Given my only public weapon is my voice and vote, I chose to make use of my vote.
Gamma going to find a replacement can be viewed as altruistic, but it can also be viewed as scum desperation.
Was it Gamma who went out of his way to hammer without warning when the tide started to move from Looker to Walter?
Anyone defending Walter slot is extremely suspicious to me. The why was completely absent -- see my other post.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3762 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:22 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 3728, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:like im assuming when Gamma said "help"

he means like explain the rules and shit.

not like I got your back and will support you to win the game regardless of your alignment.
SAME.
In post 3734, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:ok there's like nothing fishy about inviting a friend to replace into a game that's dragging and needs a replacement...
+1

@Gamma - I don't think you did anything wrong and you've been more than forthcoming.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3763 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:24 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 3761, davesaz wrote:Anyone defending Walter slot is extremely suspicious to me.
Anyone voting a slot that can't (at the time) defend themselves is scummy to me. So maybe we're at an impasse.
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3764 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:25 am

Post by TiphaineDeath »

Huge post incoming in the next couple hours. Random question I should REALLY know the answer to by now, does anyone know how to use spoiler tags? xD.
Chaos, Panic, Disorder, my work here is done.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3765 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:29 am

Post by Iecerint »

You can't use recursive spoiler tags, if that's what's coming up.

Otherwise, it's [spoiler = "Nameoftag"][/spoiler] absent the spaces around the =.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3766 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:35 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3759, Iecerint wrote:Bambi already claimed another version of IKS's claim. Bambi's claim seems related to something that happened to multiple players N2 and is relatively verified (though it's not impossible that the action could be an omni-fruit vender). So far as I have experienced them, Baker's games are "bastard" in name only -- they're similar to ordinary Theme games on the site from the early 2010s. This is why I think the role is probably fabricated, rather than "the role that scumDGB has."
See this is why I asked about multiball a little bit ago. I was townreading Bambi for having a claim that seemed functionally similar to IKS’ role, and when DGB claimed similar (or more precisely, referred me to where she did, as while the claim was D1 I only acknowledged it today) I wondered if it could be possible for one of Bambi or DGB to be scum opposite to IKS. I think the things you noticed about how DGB reacted to IKS’ claim would make sense from an opposite scum, and the slip commentary still makes sense as opposite scum as well.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3767 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:44 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3760, davesaz wrote:
In post 3755, Starbuck wrote:
That's blatantly untrue.
When I saw the chkflip post I initially thought the same thing.
There is a difference between posting stuff, and posting meaningful stuff.
Anyone can say I think this, I think that. What differentiates for me is when people say why they think things. If someone consistently fails to say why, it's a clue. From what I remember when I looked, Galron's posting falls into that category.
In post 3761, davesaz wrote:
In post 3758, Starbuck wrote:Even after all the previous conversations, rude and dave both vote the Assemble/Walter slot after the mod's vote count on 143. I'm not surprised by rude's vote, but dave's. Anyone on a ghost wagon is suspect.
I explicitly disagree with the other big wagons. Given my only public weapon is my voice and vote, I chose to make use of my vote.
Gamma going to find a replacement can be viewed as altruistic, but it can also be viewed as scum desperation.
Was it Gamma who went out of his way to hammer without warning when the tide started to move from Looker to Walter?
Anyone defending Walter slot is extremely suspicious to me. The why was completely absent -- see my other post.
I like these posts from dave. He’s being critical about how he approaches my bringing in Grendel, thinking about the possible angles. I myself admit on the surface it does look like S/S behavior, but I think, especially based on the fact suggesting replacements was discussed earlier, I would have been more subtle about it.
I also like him actually elaborating on why he was suspecting Galron and Walterslot. The vibe I sense from it is, “I actually have good reason to be suspecting these people, maybe you should listen to it”. Also going to note this reduces my load of having to see who has FoSed Galron and Walterslot.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3768 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:09 am

Post by Galron »

In post 3766, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3759, Iecerint wrote:Bambi already claimed another version of IKS's claim. Bambi's claim seems related to something that happened to multiple players N2 and is relatively verified (though it's not impossible that the action could be an omni-fruit vender). So far as I have experienced them, Baker's games are "bastard" in name only -- they're similar to ordinary Theme games on the site from the early 2010s. This is why I think the role is probably fabricated, rather than "the role that scumDGB has."
See this is why I asked about multiball a little bit ago. I was townreading Bambi for having a claim that seemed functionally similar to IKS’ role, and when DGB claimed similar (or more precisely, referred me to where she did, as while the claim was D1 I only acknowledged it today) I wondered if it could be possible for one of Bambi or DGB to be scum opposite to IKS. I think the things you noticed about how DGB reacted to IKS’ claim would make sense from an opposite scum, and the slip commentary still makes sense as opposite scum as well.
Yeah where did DEB say there was no multi-ball. Admittedly, it's been awhile since I read the instructions, and I can't be arsed to right now. I can't look rn but I was going to make a post a couple of days ago about how I though DGB was suspicious for 3P but then you posted that DEB said there wasn't multi-ball so I nixed it so I could go back and check.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3769 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:12 am

Post by Galron »

In post 3750, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 3747, Gamma Emerald wrote:Tbh I’m trying to remember a time when a late arriving role PM has caused significant trouble. I vaguely remember something but it’s faint in my mind.
Maybe Grendel replaced into a PR with certain knowledge from Night Actions or some other mechanical thing (quick example, post restriction) that would mess things up.
You don't seem as solvey as you were Day 1 or at the beginning of Day 2, and you're wagon hopping like NPOM. I can't pinpoint the change though. I know you said you'll sheep a good wagon, so that's fine, but something is strange.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3770 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:13 am

Post by Galron »

I just got the 1983 joke. That's a classic. Truly.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3771 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:39 am

Post by Iecerint »

In post 3766, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Points against opposite scum are:
1. No multi-death at night (so you'd have to imagine multiple successful protections, which is very low-probability).
2. I think otherscumDGB would relish shredding scumIKS (or !townIKS). I think her ambivalence around scumIKS (as evidenced by calling him scum and not voting him) is more consistent with being scum with IKS and being conflicted about bussing.

What's the "slip commentary?" I think I remember you saying you went back and reread her D1 and worked things out in a way that made sense to you, but I do not know what you found. Also, I thought you had concluded that it meant DGB was town, but your language here implies otherwise or at least that it was less conclusive.
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3772 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:42 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

The amount of discussion over Grendel's replacement in, makes me think one of BEF/NPOM is scum.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3773 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:45 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 3772, a2rudeboy wrote:The amount of discussion over Grendel's replacement in, makes me think one of BEF/NPOM is scum.
You're getting that feeling, too? Huh. There was a previous overall game-centered conversation that NPOM got a bit over the top about that this conversation reminded me of. I just can't recall the subject matter right now.
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3774 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:48 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

A lot of distraction over something the mod will just take care of anyway, if it is a problem.
And right at a time when we've actually got a vacant slot, who has been inactive since D1, contributing.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”