Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5050 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:46 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 5044, Nero Cain wrote:who do you this is the scum faction here?
I think that Donatello's Army is scum.

I think it's likely that schadd told them something like "at the start of day 2, you must reveal one player as not belonging to your faction; at the start of day 3, you must reveal three players at least one of which belongs to your faction; ..."
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5051 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:47 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5047, MathBlade wrote:
In post 5046, Nero Cain wrote:you are very tight lipped this game math
Is this the part where you change your username to Captain Obvious?
I don't do alts.

but I'm saying that you being tight-lipped is :igmeou: at least IMHO.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5052 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:47 pm

Nero:
In post 5040, Something_Smart wrote:To clarify: is it true that your faction will always win if the town wins (though not necessarily the other way around)?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5053 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:48 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5050, Something_Smart wrote:I think it's likely that schadd told them something like "at the start of day 2, you must reveal one player as not belonging to your faction; at the start of day 3, you must reveal three players at least one of which belongs to your faction; ..."
and this was something done in previous games you say?
In post 5040, Something_Smart wrote:To clarify: is it true that your faction will always win if the town wins (though not necessarily the other way around)?
our wincon is a separate wincon that doesn't interfere with either town nor scum wincons.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5054 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:49 pm

So you have only one wincon then, and you leave the game when it's accomplished?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5055 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:49 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5048, Nero Cain wrote:I have a q for you Math. You said you believe that a50's faction has the town wincon and that they are pro-town. He has said repeatedly that we are not scum nor a threat to the town. Why is it that you don't believe him about that?
Part of me does part of me doesn’t.

I am torn between ignorance/carelessness or outright scum.

A50 trusts you and if I am right on the setup this will resolve itself.

I really don’t see a need to further your mission to poke and prod me every ten minutes.

I legit do not understand. You’ve played with scum me.

It’s not like if I was scum I would scream “I am scum execute me!!!!!”

You’ve made your point known. You’re not making any arguments and this is just more bloat making it harder to have engagement. You want to misfade me fine. Do your best. Not this.

If you’re town you deserve better we all do.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5056 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:52 pm

In post 5053, Nero Cain wrote:and this was something done in previous games you say?
Very similar things were done. This exact thing is probably too powerful in a micro, which would mean it makes sense for it to be here.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5057 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:53 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5056, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 5053, Nero Cain wrote:and this was something done in previous games you say?
Very similar things were done. This exact thing is probably too powerful in a micro, which would mean it makes sense for it to be here.
Can you link or give me something to search on for these?

I can’t figure something out so I wanna look at prior games.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5058 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:54 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

our wincon is concurrent with the town wincon. Town has to achieve its wincon for our wincon to be possible. Since there's no pint in holding it back, one of the things we must acomplish is to be on EVERY scum lynch.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5059 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:55 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

yes, I'm relentlessly pushing you and letting my voice be heard. Get over it.

I could certainly be wrong but you just don't seem very townie to me, Math. *shrug*

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5060 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:55 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 5023, Nero Cain wrote:I'm just kinda...idk wow. IDK what to really think. I can get behind the idea that players would be paranoid of two 3p groups working together but I mean there are 4 factions here.

the society
growliths health industry or w/e the fuck a50's group is
king didi's army

and town

so it just boggles my mind what people actually think this setup is.
lmaoooooo the names of the factions

pedit: ON EVERY SCUM LYNCH LOL
I love this game
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5061 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:57 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

S_S you don't seem to be hunting much

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5062 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:57 pm

Post by shellyc »

im caught up

nero what do you think of the TGP slot

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5063 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:58 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5059, Nero Cain wrote:yes, I'm relentlessly pushing you and letting my voice be heard. Get over it.

I could certainly be wrong but you just don't seem very townie to me, Math. *shrug*
Yes. You are. And you’re doing a bad job.

I am trying to help you do a better one. Because if you actually tried versus just whatever this is, you’d see where there’s a very tall thin cylindrical object close to a couple of splits of something or other.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5064 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:59 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5060, shellyc wrote:
In post 5023, Nero Cain wrote:I'm just kinda...idk wow. IDK what to really think. I can get behind the idea that players would be paranoid of two 3p groups working together but I mean there are 4 factions here.

the society
growliths health industry or w/e the fuck a50's group is
king didi's army

and town

so it just boggles my mind what people actually think this setup is.
lmaoooooo the names of the factions

pedit: ON EVERY SCUM LYNCH LOL
I love this game
Hey did you ever answer my question? I am catching up so bear with me.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5065 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:00 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

he's in my POE. I :igmeou: when he suggested we hood Math. He can be flipped.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5066 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:01 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5064, MathBlade wrote:Hey did you ever answer my question? I am catching up so bear with me.
then y not finish catching up and see if I did instead of asking a question?

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5067 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:02 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5058, Nero Cain wrote:our wincon is concurrent with the town wincon. Town has to achieve its wincon for our wincon to be possible. Since there's no pint in holding it back, one of the things we must acomplish is to be on EVERY scum lynch.
So in other words if A50 hits scum then you’re screwed if this counts as an execution? The VoteCount says it does? So are you rooting for him to hit town? How was A50 made king?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5068 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:02 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5066, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 5064, MathBlade wrote:Hey did you ever answer my question? I am catching up so bear with me.
then y not finish catching up and see if I did instead of asking a question?
Why not stop ruining my reaction tests?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5069 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:02 pm

In post 5057, MathBlade wrote:Can you link or give me something to search on for these?
It's pretty hard to find the setups in an easily digestible format but here are the design PT's for some of them
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=83356
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=81984
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=80651
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=79455
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=78603
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5070 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:03 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Thanks S_S!
GTKAS -- MathBlade
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5071 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:04 pm

Post by shellyc »

what question sorry

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5072 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:05 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I gave him the ability so if he hits scum it counts for us.

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5073 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:05 pm

In post 5053, Nero Cain wrote:our wincon is a separate wincon that doesn't interfere with either town nor scum wincons.
In post 5058, Nero Cain wrote:our wincon is concurrent with the town wincon. Town has to achieve its wincon for our wincon to be possible.
These seem to be in direct contradiction. If town has to win for you to win, it sure sounds like that interferes with the scum wincon, no?
In post 5035, Nero Cain wrote:titus, myself and Mastina are a faction that have an alt wincon and we leave the game once we achieve it.
This is also in contradiction with the above, because how can you leave the game upon achieving your wincon if your wincon is dependent on the game already having ended in a town win?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5074 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:06 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5063, MathBlade wrote:Yes. You are. And you’re doing a bad job.
says the person that tunneled us until threat of getting lynched today. and you don't seem to really be pushing your subjects much and every other post is "I can't explain!"

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”