He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5125 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:37 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5078, MathBlade wrote:
In post 5074, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 5063, MathBlade wrote:Yes. You are. And you’re doing a bad job.
says the person that tunneled us until threat of getting lynched
today
and you don't seem to really be pushing your subjects much and every other post is "I can't explain!"
*sigh* You love revisionist history don’t you.

I haven’t tunneled you at all today.

The intro was a polite “reset” request and said I wouldn’t lord it over Mastina/Titus’s head unless they repeated this.

Have I demanded others vote for you? Have I screamed Nero’s scum OMG OMG The thread is on fire?!?!?!?! No

Not tunneling.
Bold emphasis mine to show the word today.

Nero fucking stop. This is old.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5126 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:37 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 5121, superbowl9 wrote:Did you all realize that Nero’s faction might have a different wincon??? I don’t know I never considered this angle!! I guess we will have to run all information through SS now, since he is good at setup spec. Im glad I realized this and saved the game!!!
Have you been discussing what you think their wincon might be in your PT? It might be better to have that discussion in here, if it doesn't hinge on secret info.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5127 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:38 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

But wait wait I think I figured out something else too...

DAE think that maybe 6 masons is too much in a game??1? Idk im not quite sure if they’re masons or not because superbowl hasn’t specified but..... no way someone would create such a terrible setup!!

The solution HAS to be that they’re actually scum, and we have 11 scum in the game!!! Game is starting to make much more sense!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5128 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:38 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5101, MathBlade wrote:
In post 5088, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 5081, shellyc wrote:S_S isn't scumhunting and focusing on mech is a good way to get townpoints
girl knows whats up
Girl knows how to suck up to Nero.

He literally said that like a page or two or something close.

Girl needs to show me original thought
did I? I know I've been calling SS scum in the hood but I'm not sure if I've done so publicly. I could have though.

but this is kinda weird since weren't you scumreading SS but you are blasting Shelly for scum reading YOUR scumread?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5129 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:39 pm

In post 5124, MathBlade wrote:I get the doubt but sometimes liars if they exist won’t tell you they’re lying.
I mean, right now I'm waiting for Nero to explain the contradiction I pointed out in .

If he doesn't resolve it, then he basically has told me he's lying.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5130 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:39 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4417, Titus wrote:I feel like today is a blessing to helping sort MathBlade. There's going to be no 3p execution and he'll have to give reads on the pool. If he doesn't, off with his head.

I disagree with Nero on the reads. I would lynch Pere first, then jjh927 then DDL.

mastina was wrong. It happens.

VOTE: NorwegianboyEE

Spoiler: Math Message
Dear Mathblade,

The six of us have been talking remotely about you and what to do about you. The general consensus is that we don't know if you're scum, but we have no problem executing you. The only exceptions are the one or two people who flat out scumread you.

That being said, as of now, you are not the main priority for an execution. We really need to hit scum today. Another lynch fueled partially by personal biases hitting town helps no one.

Therefore, we decided to write you a note to tell you what you can do to improve the general health of the game, increase your chance of survival and ultimately increase your influence in future games. This boils down to three things: limiting your post volume, listening more to others, and actually hunting army instead of just strictly opposing us.

The first two items go hand in hand. Responding to everything makes it much harder to respond to what needed to be responded to. For instance, shelly posted a content wall that completely missed her need to respond to the question about if she was visited. This means town shelly can't keep up with the developments or scum shelly needed cover to get her response together. There's no way to know if the response is scummy. Running most gambits is impossible at the rate the game goes. To that end, I suggest you limit yourself to thirty posts a real life day.

This limitation also hopefully helps you listen more. Even if you think we're a massive scum cabal, direct, spammy opposition doesn't help. It demotivates people from changing their minds on a lynch. Maybe someone stands up to mastina if we all weren't so exhausted from dealing/reading your posts repeating the same thing. Instead, documenting our allegedly evil ways in a post per day might get more interaction.

The last thing you need to do is show you're hunting army outside of us. We've tried to engage you on this. You have said you can't discuss your reads based on "reasons". This feels more spiteful than actually scummy. We're giving you a chance to prove that right and that you have reads. Titus found it icky that you defended chemist without a townread there. We look forward to actually discussing reads with you, in a less spammy manner. That hopefully will let us sort each other.

When you take the time to listen rather than talk, objectives and then alignment get revealed.

Good luck,

The group of 6
And if you mean this,

This was asking for my reads and apologizing for not listening.

This was not a threat.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5131 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:40 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

wow 11 scum! how will town ever win?!?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5132 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:40 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 5126, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 5121, superbowl9 wrote:Did you all realize that Nero’s faction might have a different wincon??? I don’t know I never considered this angle!! I guess we will have to run all information through SS now, since he is good at setup spec. Im glad I realized this and saved the game!!!
Have you been discussing what you think their wincon might be in your PT? It might be better to have that discussion in here, if it doesn't hinge on secret info.
Oh wait we can discuss things in the main thread??? I thought I was only allowed to post drawings! You’re really changing my outlook here, next you’re going to tell me we can vote for people or something, haha how silly!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5133 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:40 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

clearly, I'm lying

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5134 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:41 pm

Do you want to have an actual conversation or are you just going to keep mocking things I didn't say?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5135 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:41 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5128, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 5101, MathBlade wrote:
In post 5088, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 5081, shellyc wrote:S_S isn't scumhunting and focusing on mech is a good way to get townpoints
girl knows whats up
Girl knows how to suck up to Nero.

He literally said that like a page or two or something close.

Girl needs to show me original thought
did I? I know I've been calling SS scum in the hood but I'm not sure if I've done so publicly. I could have though.

but this is kinda weird since weren't you scumreading SS but you are blasting Shelly for scum reading YOUR scumread?
Yes.

Sometimes scum sheep reads Nero.

They sometimes also do it to prevent authenticity on buddies.

I want to see something that isn’t what you said.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5136 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:42 pm

In post 5133, Nero Cain wrote:clearly, I'm lying
does this mean you're uninterested in addressing ?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5137 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:42 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5132, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 5126, Something_Smart wrote:
Oh wait we can discuss things in the main thread??? I thought I was only allowed to post drawings! You’re really changing my outlook here, next you’re going to tell me we can vote for people or something, haha how silly!
We actually can’t today.

Come back tomorrow when votes r us is open.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5138 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:42 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

im losing sleep and brain cells by talking to Math so ima stop.

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #5139 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:43 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

You know, the mason faction could theoretically just have said they have no second wincon. And people might buy it, it doesn’t even appear with their flip that they have another wincon.
So are we going to be suspicious because of honesty now?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5140 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:44 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5136, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 5133, Nero Cain wrote:clearly, I'm lying
does this mean you're uninterested in addressing ?
yes, i have no intrest in debating with scum

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5141 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:44 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5139, NorwegianboyEE wrote:You know, the mason faction could theoretically just have said they have no second wincon. And people might buy it, it doesn’t even appear with their flip that they have another wincon.
How would you know any of that?

No win cons have flipped.

The only one I know is my own.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5142 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:45 pm

With all the fancy powers they have, I'm not sure saying "oh yeah we're just special magic townies, nothing to see here" would have been less suspicious than what they're doing.

Also, Nero just admitted to making a blatant contradiction and won't correct it, so there's that.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5143 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:46 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 5139, NorwegianboyEE wrote:You know, the mason faction could theoretically just have said they have no second wincon. And people might buy it, it doesn’t even appear with their flip that they have another wincon.
Woah there Norway, I know you may THINK you know what you’re doing, but maybe we should let the people with less information than you decide? After all we CAN discuss non-secret things outside of PT now, in case you didn’t get the memo!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5144 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:46 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

p sure that a50 outted that we have a 2nd wincon @ the beginning of d2. S_S just now making a fuss about it is dumb and scummy. Was S_S here on d2 though?

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5145 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:47 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5142, Something_Smart wrote:With all the fancy powers they have, I'm not sure saying "oh yeah we're just special magic townies, nothing to see here" would have been less suspicious than what they're doing.

Also, Nero just admitted to making a blatant contradiction and won't correct it, so there's that.
As much as it pains me to defend the annoying one, I have done this as town for certain reasons.

It’s not a smoking gun but it’s pretty bad.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5146 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:47 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

i mean, it's not one but you aren't in the know.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5147 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:48 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5146, Nero Cain wrote:i mean, it's not one but you aren't in the know.
Thanks for calling me town.

Can you move on from this bs please and let me hunt?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5148 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:49 pm

In post 5144, Nero Cain wrote:p sure that a50 outted that we have a 2nd wincon @ the beginning of d2. S_S just now making a fuss about it is dumb and scummy. Was S_S here on d2 though?
why were you talking before as if you had just one wincon then :/

so you have:
- one wincon which requires town to win and some other stuff to happen, including for you to contribute to every scum execution
- a different wincon which can be achieved midgame and will cause you to exit the game?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5149 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:49 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5135, MathBlade wrote:Sometimes scum sheep reads Nero.
y is shelly scum rather than town with the same read as the both of us?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”