it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:51 am

Post by Datisi »

daddy
In post 134, shellyc wrote:
In post 132, Datisi wrote:that word does not mean that in everyone else's mafia dictionary
*searches up wiki*
a tactic used to subconsciously become perceived as less of a threat by another player. While this is usually done by scum, Townies have been known to do this as well.
i looked it up, this is from a page about buddying, how dare you falsify information like this. anyway. white-knighting is in the majority of the cases used to mean "scum defending a townie". so. /SE hat
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:00 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 138, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 79, Datisi wrote:interestingly enough i'm still leaning +town on gypyx because of tone, posts like 60
I liked this too I guess but I still feel pretty meh about his later posting

Do you still think gypyx is town?
i do, actually

like so far this game, i've gotten two distinct ~vibes~.

(1) as someone who dislikes RVS and tries to get out of it asap as either alignment, most of my early reads when town are stretches. i know that, and that's fine, gotta start somewhere. but like, i'd sometimes get called out on that, "datisi, your reads are a stretch, are you scum?" like no shit they're a stretch, it's page 2.

(2) for a couple of games where ico and i were t/t, a pattern would happen: ico would enter the game doing ico things, i'd start correctly townreading him, some players, not knowing who they're dealing with, would start scumreading him, ico would negatively react to the scumread, they'd start scumreading him even more. i'd have to start yelling about how ico is town, can we please not derail 10-50 pages of day one barking up the wrong tree. and the current situation is giving me the same vibes, except not with ico, but with gypyx. (note i don't have the extensive meta on him that i do on ico, though.)

and both of those, coupled with the fact that gypyx's posting is just like, Not giving me the obvscum vibes it was last time, is making me think he's *just town*? like, is it possible the scumreads on gypyx are hitting a sore spot for town!me? i mean sure, like i already said i didn't agree with his reason of townreading shelly. but would i bet it's coming from a scum mindset? ...not really, no.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:12 am

Post by Datisi »

i feel like i could write out why i heavily dislike shelly's acting towards gypyx because it feels like pushing on surface-level scummy rhetoric stuff that comes from town more often than not, like the effort vs structure thing or "why did you post it if you thought it was bad" thing

but i don't know if my heart believes in those arguments

sad
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:15 am

Post by Datisi »

hmm

@iv, can you answer for me please?
~M
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:21 am

Post by Ydrasse »

all daddyposters will be elimmed on sight
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:22 am

Post by Ydrasse »

that being said i have a few thoughts regarding shelly + her meta which feel like the tinfoil hat resting heavily on me that i’m gonna type up when i’m on my laptop
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:16 am

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 152, Datisi wrote:i feel like i could write out why i heavily dislike shelly's acting towards gypyx because it feels like pushing on surface-level scummy rhetoric stuff that comes from town more often than not, like the effort vs structure thing or "why did you post it if you thought it was bad" thing

sad
Is there a reason you have a problem with Shelly pushing these arguments rather than me or Ico?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:19 am

Also, what do you think of Gypyx posting from 139 onward
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:46 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i'm actually gonna share my thoughts abt shelly's Play until after i get to talk to her :> it's not worth doing it rn
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:48 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 156, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 152, Datisi wrote:i feel like i could write out why i heavily dislike shelly's acting towards gypyx because it feels like pushing on surface-level scummy rhetoric stuff that comes from town more often than not, like the effort vs structure thing or "why did you post it if you thought it was bad" thing

sad
Is there a reason you have a problem with Shelly pushing these arguments rather than me or Ico?
ye, there was stuff i've seen from you and ico that i've liked
also i don't think either of you was pushing stuff the same way as her? like specifically the weird stuff like semantics effort/structure bad posts things?
In post 157, innocentvillager wrote:Also, what do you think of Gypyx posting from 139 onward
uhh, kinda the same thing as of the posting before it

your turn?
~M
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:02 am

Post by Ydrasse »

so, i'm caught up.

we should give gypyx some breathing room. i understand the frustration that they're dealing with right now because reading through the back and forth... it felt like the bar was being moved slightly, bit by bit, to a point where gypyx cannot win regardless of what they say, and that sucks if they're town; like, in particular and bothered me, especially the latter, because it just looks like gypyx is being set up to lose. no one thinks a bad post is bad until people point it out and start going at them for it, and asking "well why did you post that then?" while implying they were aware that it was bad just... no.

like, if he's scum and i'm wrong right now boo to me but i think that it'll become more overt as we go on if his frustrated reaction was actually scum caught out and struggling to like, counter reasons that aren't ~good~ ones (caught for wrong reasons, blah blah). if he's town it's better to let him collect himself, get on going a bit, and hope it pans out well as we continue.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:05 am

Post by Ydrasse »

it also seems like a dumb take to think someone decided on page 2 they were going to townread a specific player like that. it seemed very chalant in the way it was posted which... meh. if gypyx really had an agenda i think they'd try a bit harder with it.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:10 am

Post by Ydrasse »

also, i don't think that ico + shelly are scum together just for how it panned out; they both scumread gypyx but shelly was the one (imo) who was more actively pushing/questioning and ico seemed to be more casual about it all (but this just might be how ico acts in general.) i don't think that maf together would both hop on the same person early on like that.

if i had to say one was scum over the other i'd say shelly rn. that being said i also think i lean towards scumreading shelly on instinct because her luck at rolling scum precedes her + i have more familiarity there.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:56 am

In post 160, Ydrasse wrote:but i think that it'll become more overt as we go on if his frustrated reaction was actually scum caught out and struggling to like, counter reasons that aren't ~good~ ones (caught for wrong reasons, blah blah)
I don't like mind Gypyx giving breathing room but uh... what exactly makes you think this reaction on page 6 (which will eventually become some random thing people forgot) will become more AI over time if he's scum?

I think interesting things can happen when we keep the heat on someone who has accumulated heat due to the specifics of the gamestate. Simply giving him breathing room because the very initial reasoning was meh seems like a wasted opportunity. But at the same time, I know it's not fun as either alignment to be under fire like this (and people forget this is a game) so if there's nothing really scummy yet I'm fine with backing down for now
Ydrasse wrote:it also seems like a dumb take to think someone decided on page 2 they were going to townread a specific player like that. it seemed very chalant in the way it was posted which... meh. if gypyx really had an agenda i think they'd try a bit harder with it.
there's not always an agenda behind every scumpost other than free content/looking town/doing town things. It could kind of just be a TMI slip. When I'm scum everyone just kind of... looks town because I know they're town. So I start fitting reasons to the read instead of the other way around. Gypyx kind of just doubled down on the whole post structure thing when I pressed him which felt like it *could* be explained by that
Staarling
Staarling
Goon
Staarling
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:34 pm

Post by Staarling »

I think Gypyx and Ydrasse are townies!

Datisi less so, but I also have good feelings from him

I really liked Cyber Stockholm Syndrome, Ydrasse :>
Staarling
Staarling
Goon
Staarling
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:35 pm

Post by Staarling »

In post 85, Iconeum wrote:
In post 73, Datisi wrote:why does that reaction make you scumlean ico?
ohhh

i think we are t/t this game?

:]
Does t/t mean Iconeum is saying both are town? i don't trust it for some reason, like Iconeum is trying to get people on his side eagerly if you know what I mean
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:05 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 149, Ydrasse wrote:also shelly seems ~different~ this game but not in a way that makes me like, instinctually think she’s one alignment or the other; maybe it’s recently that we played together and i’m biased but i don’t feel the same spark in her play that’s normally there.

@shelly: are you trying to play a little different to how you normally do this game?
yes you're right. I'm trying to not tunnel and chill out more and also I have less time for this game than I usually would for a mini normal
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:08 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 162, Ydrasse wrote:if i had to say one was scum over the other i'd say shelly rn. that being said i also think i lean towards scumreading shelly on instinct because her luck at rolling scum precedes her + i have more familiarity there.
disclaimer and not very game related: I realised I have random odds in games I play from the start just newbie scum replace out rates are reeeeeally high

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:10 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 162, Ydrasse wrote:also, i don't think that ico + shelly are scum together just for how it panned out; they both scumread gypyx but shelly was the one (imo) who was more actively pushing/questioning and ico seemed to be more casual about it all (but this just might be how ico acts in general.) i don't think that maf together would both hop on the same person early on like that.
Do you think proactiveness/direct interrogation is alignment indicative? or are you scumreading me for another reason

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:12 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 164, Staarling wrote:I think Gypyx and Ydrasse are townies!
explain gypyx maybe

might have been confbiased last night so would like to hear from more in the town!gypyx camp
ydrasse seems to be doing more and had a decent amount of takes in their opening that wasn't consensusy, tripped town metatell there as well that I wont go deep into yet

Staarling
Staarling
Goon
Staarling
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:21 pm

Post by Staarling »

I think he was really angry and where I played, mafia were less likely to get angry or really emotional, sometimes they fake it but this time it looked real to me. And the other reason was that I think the quote at the bottom of his posts is quite townie, like he doesn't want to show off about people calling him good at being a townie to make us want to keep him around, instead he's showing off him being a very solid mod.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:22 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 170, Staarling wrote:And the other reason was that I think the quote at the bottom of his posts is quite townie, like he doesn't want to show off about people calling him good at being a townie to make us want to keep him around, instead he's showing off him being a very solid mod.
LMAOOOO

are you gunna give me cred for posting scumplay quotes :]

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 170, Staarling wrote:I think he was really angry and where I played, mafia were less likely to get angry or really emotional, sometimes they fake it but this time it looked real to me.
(may be biased since I like to AtE sometimes) eh. not the biggest towntell but town emotions are usually due to them knowing the person you scumreads them are WRONG, and scum emotions are due to knowing the person who scumreads you is RIGHT and you are FOUND OUT, so theres a subtle difference

I think what gypyx doing is the latter as he's thinking that he's trapped in my interrogations

Staarling
Staarling
Goon
Staarling
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:25 pm

Post by Staarling »

Oh you're right, you're showing off being good at mafia which means you're not scared of others getting paranoid of your skill. unless you're reaaaally confident and are playing with us :<
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:43 pm

Post by shellyc »

lol I dont change my sig from game to game, and I'm pretty sure nobody else does
Signatures prob not AI

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”