shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:33 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 148, Ydrasse wrote:i’m very tired and skimmed this and have to go to work so i won’t be active for a little longer BUT i’ve a town read on iv; his line of questioning so far this game reminds me a lot of 2163 where he was town
oh and is 2193 is weird GB flavour game or launch mob
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:35 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 161, Ydrasse wrote:it also seems like a dumb take to think someone decided on page 2 they were going to townread a specific player like that. it seemed very chalant in the way it was posted which... meh. if gypyx really had an agenda i think they'd try a bit harder with it.
ehhhhh

why do you think the way gypyx decided to townread me isn't a tryharded agenda
what do you expect scum!gypyx to do there if you TR them rn

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:37 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 162, Ydrasse wrote:also, i don't think that ico + shelly are scum together just for how it panned out; they both scumread gypyx but shelly was the one (imo) who was more actively pushing/questioning and ico seemed to be more casual about it all (but this just might be how ico acts in general.) i don't think that maf together would both hop on the same person early on like that.

if i had to say one was scum over the other i'd say shelly rn. that being said i also think i lean towards scumreading shelly on instinct because her luck at rolling scum precedes her + i have more familiarity there.
this is a townpost

gunna elaborate later when I'm not in shitposting mode

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:40 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 177, shellyc wrote:
In post 162, Ydrasse wrote:also, i don't think that ico + shelly are scum together just for how it panned out; they both scumread gypyx but shelly was the one (imo) who was more actively pushing/questioning and ico seemed to be more casual about it all (but this just might be how ico acts in general.) i don't think that maf together would both hop on the same person early on like that.

if i had to say one was scum over the other i'd say shelly rn. that being said i also think i lean towards scumreading shelly on instinct because her luck at rolling scum precedes her + i have more familiarity there.
this is a townpost

gunna elaborate later when I'm not in shitposting mode
ok actually I'm going to explain this now
so yeah. there's analysis about how me/ico s/s is unlikely, but that's not the townposting part
basically there's a take and it's assertiveness which isn't TMI'd but there's self-reflectiveness which comes from town a lot of the time

Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:28 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 163, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 160, Ydrasse wrote:but i think that it'll become more overt as we go on if his frustrated reaction was actually scum caught out and struggling to like, counter reasons that aren't ~good~ ones (caught for wrong reasons, blah blah)
I don't like mind Gypyx giving breathing room but uh... what exactly makes you think this reaction on page 6 (which will eventually become some random thing people forgot) will become more AI over time if he's scum?

I think interesting things can happen when we keep the heat on someone who has accumulated heat due to the specifics of the gamestate. Simply giving him breathing room because the very initial reasoning was meh seems like a wasted opportunity. But at the same time, I know it's not fun as either alignment to be under fire like this (and people forget this is a game) so if there's nothing really scummy yet I'm fine with backing down for now
Ydrasse wrote:it also seems like a dumb take to think someone decided on page 2 they were going to townread a specific player like that. it seemed very chalant in the way it was posted which... meh. if gypyx really had an agenda i think they'd try a bit harder with it.
there's not always an agenda behind every scumpost other than free content/looking town/doing town things. It could kind of just be a TMI slip. When I'm scum everyone just kind of... looks town because I know they're town. So I start fitting reasons to the read instead of the other way around. Gypyx kind of just doubled down on the whole post structure thing when I pressed him which felt like it *could* be explained by that
it's not the reaction itself, but more so his behavior as a whole which i feel will become like... easier to discern? at least for me, personally. like, at this point gypyx has been sort of isolated as the Main Person Pushed and that puts a spotlight on him which is hard to escape at this point, unless he does some Really Good Posting in which... well, uh, right now i don't think a scum!gypyx would be able to pull that off given the heat thus far which would indicate he's town.

but by being isolated/pointed out i feel that a) it's less likely that he will be able to get things by us as scum if he goes down bad roads, b) it gives him a unique position to try and point out (if he's town) who/where/etc he thinks the pushes are shitty/scum-oriented, and c) it's probably not going to be forgotten. to me, gypyx's push/reaction is the first big ~moment~ of the game and that's more likely to stick in people's minds than not.

i wasn't thinking of it as him just... slipping up though, admittedly. i tend to think that that sort of thing happens less likely than people want it to (bc it would make shit so much easier) so my brain goes straight to "scum are Doing Everything With Purpose."

idk! i just wanna give him some room to recollect, see what happens. worst case i am an idiot and everyone was right and you may point and laugh at me.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:29 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 164, Staarling wrote:I think Gypyx and Ydrasse are townies!

Datisi less so, but I also have good feelings from him

I really liked Cyber Stockholm Syndrome, Ydrasse :>
thank you! :>

i was planning on changing the songs in my signature Soon so i'm glad they were enjoyed for now. she has some good music.

what makes you place datisi a bit lower than me/gypyx?
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:31 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 166, shellyc wrote:
In post 149, Ydrasse wrote:also shelly seems ~different~ this game but not in a way that makes me like, instinctually think she’s one alignment or the other; maybe it’s recently that we played together and i’m biased but i don’t feel the same spark in her play that’s normally there.

@shelly: are you trying to play a little different to how you normally do this game?
yes you're right. I'm trying to not tunnel and chill out more and also I have less time for this game than I usually would for a mini normal
okay, so... is this a recent choice, is there anything in particular that makes you want to do this?

because i'll be real: my tinfoil theory here is that you're in a playerlist with a decent amount of familiarity with you and you might've, if you rolled scum
again
, decided to make a conscious effort to differentiate this game from your other scum games. the absence of tunneling/passion wigs me out when it's coming from you.

time/irl though i get, so. ya.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:32 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 179, Ydrasse wrote:it's not the reaction itself, but more so his behavior as a whole which i feel will become like... easier to discern? at least for me, personally. like, at this point gypyx has been sort of isolated as the Main Person Pushed and that puts a spotlight on him which is hard to escape at this point, unless he does some Really Good Posting in which... well, uh, right now i don't think a scum!gypyx would be able to pull that off given the heat thus far which would indicate he's town.

but by being isolated/pointed out i feel that a) it's less likely that he will be able to get things by us as scum if he goes down bad roads, b) it gives him a unique position to try and point out (if he's town) who/where/etc he thinks the pushes are shitty/scum-oriented, and c) it's probably not going to be forgotten. to me, gypyx's push/reaction is the first big ~moment~ of the game and that's more likely to stick in people's minds than not.

i wasn't thinking of it as him just... slipping up though, admittedly. i tend to think that that sort of thing happens less likely than people want it to (bc it would make shit so much easier) so my brain goes straight to "scum are Doing Everything With Purpose."

idk! i just wanna give him some room to recollect, see what happens. worst case i am an idiot and everyone was right and you may point and laugh at me.
why does this feel like filling space up with words

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:35 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 181, Ydrasse wrote:okay, so... is this a recent choice, is there anything in particular that makes you want to do this?

because i'll be real: my tinfoil theory here is that you're in a playerlist with a decent amount of familiarity with you and you might've, if you rolled scum again, decided to make a conscious effort to differentiate this game from your other scum games. the absence of tunneling/passion wigs me out when it's coming from you.
yes, I think after the boardgames game tbh, idk I just wanna have a large range of moves as either alignment and I also want to like. calm down more and not tunnel forever with one scummy thing because confbiasing is bad.

eh. i said before that everything I've posted so far is in my scumrange, and it still is. what do you think my scumgame looks like with your theory that I decided to expand my scumrange suddenly?

Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:35 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 168, shellyc wrote:
Do you think proactiveness/direct interrogation is alignment indicative? or are you scumreading me for another reason
meh. depends on person to person but a lot of things are AI, probably.

it's not the direct interrogation so much as it felt like when you were doing it, you were making it a bit tougher on gypyx every single time to match the standard of what would be "good" or townie replying/action. i already posted that / especially make me go :/. like, there's a difference between questioning someone and trying to figure out what he's up to and asking them things in a certain way where no matter what, he's gonna come out of it looking bad and
that's
what my qualm is with the push.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:37 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 183, shellyc wrote:
In post 181, Ydrasse wrote:okay, so... is this a recent choice, is there anything in particular that makes you want to do this?

because i'll be real: my tinfoil theory here is that you're in a playerlist with a decent amount of familiarity with you and you might've, if you rolled scum again, decided to make a conscious effort to differentiate this game from your other scum games. the absence of tunneling/passion wigs me out when it's coming from you.
yes, I think after the boardgames game tbh, idk I just wanna have a large range of moves as either alignment and I also want to like. calm down more and not tunnel forever with one scummy thing because confbiasing is bad.

eh. i said before that everything I've posted so far is in my scumrange, and it still is. what do you think my scumgame looks like with your theory that I decided to expand my scumrange suddenly?
you were 2/3 in that game though, yeah?

and right now it looks like it could be a more mellow version of it in this game. you still like, when you went after gypyx there were hints of what you normally do when you're in your little attack dog mode (i'm calling it this because it makes me laugh) but it was like... watered down.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:38 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 163, innocentvillager wrote:But at the same time, I know it's not fun as either alignment to be under fire like this (and people forget this is a game) so if there's nothing really scummy yet I'm fine with backing down for now
i'm confused by this. didn't you say you found gypyx's reaction there scummy? why are you now fine backing down "if there's nothing really scummy there"?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:38 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 184, Ydrasse wrote:it's not the direct interrogation so much as it felt like when you were doing it, you were making it a bit tougher on gypyx every single time to match the standard of what would be "good" or townie replying/action. i already posted that 140/142 especially make me go :/. like, there's a difference between questioning someone and trying to figure out what he's up to and asking them things in a certain way where no matter what, he's gonna come out of it looking bad and that's what my qualm is with the push.
ok I am not used to paragraphs ydrasse (fwiw i think this is actually AI but will come back to this Later)

yeah I was making it tougher for him to be townie to my standards in hindsight and that's my confbias kicking in. you've experienced that before as well.

is your TR on gypyx a matter of "the pushes on them are bad" or do you think gypyx TR of me is genuinely townie?

Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:39 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 175, shellyc wrote:
In post 148, Ydrasse wrote:i’m very tired and skimmed this and have to go to work so i won’t be active for a little longer BUT i’ve a town read on iv; his line of questioning so far this game reminds me a lot of 2163 where he was town
oh and is 2193 is weird GB flavour game or launch mob
also this is weird flavor game, i was reminded of the first interaction i had with iv (or one of the first, i'm not bothered to go check) where he was questioning my reason for liking someone's posting super early on. it felt like i was reading the same sort of thing.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:40 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 165, Staarling wrote:
In post 85, Iconeum wrote:
In post 73, Datisi wrote:why does that reaction make you scumlean ico?
ohhh

i think we are t/t this game?

:]
Does t/t mean Iconeum is saying both are town? i don't trust it for some reason, like Iconeum is trying to get people on his side eagerly if you know what I mean
yeah, ico was saying he thought both of us were town. do you find anything else suspicious about him, and if so, why?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:41 pm

Post by shellyc »

datisi what are your thoughts on ydrasse's opening

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:42 pm

Post by Datisi »

btw staarling, signatures are same across the games and aren't related to people's alignment :)
~M
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:42 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 187, shellyc wrote:
In post 184, Ydrasse wrote:it's not the direct interrogation so much as it felt like when you were doing it, you were making it a bit tougher on gypyx every single time to match the standard of what would be "good" or townie replying/action. i already posted that 140/142 especially make me go :/. like, there's a difference between questioning someone and trying to figure out what he's up to and asking them things in a certain way where no matter what, he's gonna come out of it looking bad and that's what my qualm is with the push.
ok I am not used to paragraphs ydrasse (fwiw i think this is actually AI but will come back to this Later)

yeah I was making it tougher for him to be townie to my standards in hindsight and that's my confbias kicking in. you've experienced that before as well.

is your TR on gypyx a matter of "the pushes on them are bad" or do you think gypyx TR of me is genuinely townie?
it's more a matter of me feeling up to playing again "seriously" after some irl stuff happening and killing my urge to play and rolling town this time LMAO.

it's the latter; i've very much thought those same sort of things before and been like, "oh, this seems townie because they are trying super hard early on" so i vibe with it. the only time that i've disliked gypyx's posting was around , but even then it's like... is he actually caught out for the wrong sort of reasons or is he just super frustrated. i've been there. so i wanna give him some time to see what happens.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Staarling
Staarling
Goon
Staarling
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:43 pm

Post by Staarling »

In post 179, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 163, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 160, Ydrasse wrote:but i think that it'll become more overt as we go on if his frustrated reaction was actually scum caught out and struggling to like, counter reasons that aren't ~good~ ones (caught for wrong reasons, blah blah)
I don't like mind Gypyx giving breathing room but uh... what exactly makes you think this reaction on page 6 (which will eventually become some random thing people forgot) will become more AI over time if he's scum?

I think interesting things can happen when we keep the heat on someone who has accumulated heat due to the specifics of the gamestate. Simply giving him breathing room because the very initial reasoning was meh seems like a wasted opportunity. But at the same time, I know it's not fun as either alignment to be under fire like this (and people forget this is a game) so if there's nothing really scummy yet I'm fine with backing down for now
Ydrasse wrote:it also seems like a dumb take to think someone decided on page 2 they were going to townread a specific player like that. it seemed very chalant in the way it was posted which... meh. if gypyx really had an agenda i think they'd try a bit harder with it.
there's not always an agenda behind every scumpost other than free content/looking town/doing town things. It could kind of just be a TMI slip. When I'm scum everyone just kind of... looks town because I know they're town. So I start fitting reasons to the read instead of the other way around. Gypyx kind of just doubled down on the whole post structure thing when I pressed him which felt like it *could* be explained by that
it's not the reaction itself, but more so his behavior as a whole which i feel will become like... easier to discern? at least for me, personally. like, at this point gypyx has been sort of isolated as the Main Person Pushed and that puts a spotlight on him which is hard to escape at this point, unless he does some Really Good Posting in which... well, uh, right now i don't think a scum!gypyx would be able to pull that off given the heat thus far which would indicate he's town.

Why is Main Person Pushed and Really Good Posting capitalized?

You asked me about Datisi after this post so I'll answer that here. I think the way he entered and especially tried to get the top post of the page was quite fearless, like he isn't scared to stand out. But maybe that's just a Staarling projecting her own confidence and what it means onto other players ^^
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:44 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

@starling: that's just how i type for ~emphasis~ on certain things, or when it feels right to capitalize them!
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:45 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 192, Ydrasse wrote:it's the latter; i've very much thought those same sort of things before and been like, "oh, this seems townie because they are trying super hard early on" so i vibe with it. the only time that i've disliked gypyx's posting was around 120, but even then it's like... is he actually caught out for the wrong sort of reasons or is he just super frustrated. i've been there. so i wanna give him some time to see what happens.
sounds projecty + first readslist was not a readslist but ok

ydrasse iv ico datisi staarling max. 1 deepwolf

ydrasse read is very metaheavy but basically. i don't think scum ydrasse high efforts this like how they're playing rn. and scum ydrasses play is more CLATS-ish this is different

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:46 pm

Post by Datisi »

@shelly, i thought her opening was like. fine. i specifically had a ping that either she's town or she's trying really hard to pocket me/gypyx. which... eh. doesn't get me far i don't think.
In post 178, shellyc wrote:ok actually I'm going to explain this now
so yeah. there's analysis about how me/ico s/s is unlikely, but that's not the townposting part
basically there's a take and it's assertiveness which isn't TMI'd but there's self-reflectiveness which comes from town a lot of the time
can you explain this in non-mafia lingo? because i feel like i'm reading a buzzword salad without actually knowing what it's trying to say
~M
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:47 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 196, Datisi wrote:@shelly, i thought her opening was like. fine. i specifically had a ping that either she's town or she's trying really hard to pocket me/gypyx. which... eh. doesn't get me far i don't think.
In post 178, shellyc wrote:ok actually I'm going to explain this now
can you explain this in non-mafia lingo? because i feel like i'm reading a buzzword salad without actually knowing what it's trying to say
i'm going to pocket you so i can get access to all the weird flavor you have.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:47 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 196, Datisi wrote:can you explain this in non-mafia lingo? because i feel like i'm reading a buzzword salad without actually knowing what it's trying to say
maybe. might be hard.

like ydrasse isnt afraid to make differing takes on gypyx going against the consensus of {ico iv shelly} town {gypyx} scum but in a way that isnt super confident so doesnt sound informed

ydrasse town immediately townpings usually i think this is it

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:48 pm

Post by shellyc »

this is mine

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”