Newbie 2038: Elements [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Vote Count 1.4
Boron, 5B
— metalloid, standard atomic weight 10.812, group 13, period 2, p-block

c4e5g3d5
(2): ,
Mizzytastic
cylstar
BipolarType2
(1):
72offsuit
(1):
AGamblingPig
(1):

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to eliminate.

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-11-06 06:30:00)
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Land Down Under... Where women glow and men thunder

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:32 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 112, c4e5g3d5 wrote:ISOs:

Bipolar -- Nothing particularly telling yet IMO
AGamblingPig -- His only real read so far is his Bipolar read and it's basically a toneread so I don't feel like I can say much here yet.
Mizzy -- Tunneling someone in a vacuum is generally NAI and avoiding tunneling someone is good but Mizzy's treatment of cyl is horribly inconsistent with Mizzy's treatment of me.
hunterr -- Initial vote on me reads as obligatory contribution based on the only thing he can find to talk about. Eventually he gives an actual reason with original thought though so that's nice.
c4 -- Can't read this guy at all
cyl -- Looks like he's genuinely trying to figure out the game.
72 -- Beyond the spam he's doing a good job of being a newbie-stimulating SE.
muh316 -- hmmm
Egix -- See 72 but less so because of the relative shortage of posts.

@Bipolar, what do you think of this reads list?
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:28 am

Post by Umlaut »

BipolarType2 was prodded.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:17 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

In post 111, c4e5g3d5 wrote:
In post 103, Mizzytastic wrote:You didn't say that though. Your reasoning could totally be read as "this is my rvs vote, I only just figured out how to do it."

And the 72 comment sounds like putting out feelers to see if it will go. VOTE: cylstar
So your attacks are:
1. Not immediately stating reasoning, but then doing so when asked, which is a valid attack, uh, never?
2. Asking for affirmation on a read... in a mfn newbie game

I still have more reading to do to catch up but this is just gross. VOTE: Mizzytastic
In post 112, c4e5g3d5 wrote:-- reads snipped--
I think it could be trying to pass it off as an RVS vote. I feel like it has a reason or doesn't as suits her.

Like your tone that I made a read off earlier, cyl's behaviour can be NAI, but when looking for affirmation on a read is AI it leans scum. It's about trying to fit in and trying to find if what you want to do can get off the ground. I'm pretty sure Egix is thinking similar things to. She could just be a new player who isn't confident in her reads, but I'm voting there to try and work that out. As I said, early for pressure, late to elim. I also think competing wagons between cyl and Bipolar are a good way to try and sort what happened on your wagon.

As for the rest of your reads, do you think doing SE stuff is AI? Cos that's the extent what you have to say about both 72 and egix. You are voting on me with 72 but from your reads list it'd sound like he hadn't done anything game relevant.

Do you agree or disagree with Pig's townread
How did you get Pig's only read is a town read from him voting that person?
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:18 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

sorry, toneread, misread
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:19 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

Ignore that last bit. I was about to go off on Pig for not noticing how innacurate your take on him was and it made me re-read
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:20 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

In post 120, hunterr wrote:We're comfortably out of RVS and have plenty of info to go off of now. VOTE: cylstar please answer my question
You townlock c4 based on a post where he decides to vote me, then vote with me in the next post. It feels like a contradiction
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:24 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

@cyl - I appreciate the sentiment but you don't need to worry about pushing me, it's part of the game. If you want to vote me you should vote me. If not I'm still kind of confused why you mentioned me in the first place in that post?

I'm doing better now btw. Slept all day the next day and now I'm more or less back to normal other than my sleep schedule being even more busted than before
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:26 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

In post 123, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 114, muh316 wrote:
In post 112, c4e5g3d5 wrote:muh316 -- hmmm
hmmm
Got anything to add to the game?

What's your read on hunter?
Why specifically hunterr? So far you've come to his defence by attacking me when I was voting him, and now you are specifically curious for a read on him. Is there a reason?
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:40 am

Post by Egix96 »

VOTE: muh

Lights are on but no one's home?
c4e5g3d5
c4e5g3d5
Townie
c4e5g3d5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:02 am

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

In post 128, Mizzytastic wrote:I think it could be trying to pass it off as an RVS vote. I feel like it has a reason or doesn't as suits her.
And my 72 vote is different how?
In post 128, Mizzytastic wrote:As for the rest of your reads, do you think doing SE stuff is AI? Cos that's the extent what you have to say about both 72 and egix. You are voting on me with 72 but from your reads list it'd sound like he hadn't done anything game relevant.
Yes, just not very. Everything that's come from 72 and Egix so far looks easy for SE scum to fake. Still makes them a little more likely to be town than an SE who is doing nothing.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:16 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

In post 135, c4e5g3d5 wrote:
In post 128, Mizzytastic wrote:I think it could be trying to pass it off as an RVS vote. I feel like it has a reason or doesn't as suits her.
And my 72 vote is different how?
In post 128, Mizzytastic wrote:As for the rest of your reads, do you think doing SE stuff is AI? Cos that's the extent what you have to say about both 72 and egix. You are voting on me with 72 but from your reads list it'd sound like he hadn't done anything game relevant.
Yes, just not very. Everything that's come from 72 and Egix so far looks easy for SE scum to fake. Still makes them a little more likely to be town than an SE who is doing nothing.
Your reason is explicit to begin with so that's different. But like I said to hunterr, I initially thought you could be doing the same thing I thought he was doing - finding an easy spot to vote.

It was your terse/unhelpful tone when (lightly) pressed that made me think you were more likely to be town, you didn't seem at all worried about the impression you made. cyl is blatantly worried about the impression she is making and trying to fit in. These could be personality tells for the both of you and NAI, but if they aren't yours leans town and hers leans scum.

That makes sense with regards to SEs. Still curious that you don't mention anything about 72's content while voting the same person he is though. Any thoughts there, beyond agreeing enough to vote in the same place?
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:40 pm

Post by muh316 »

In post 134, Egix96 wrote:VOTE: muh

I'm working from home, but works been pretty busy. It's friday so I finally have some time to read through this :]
Also, looks like you're home but haven't seen any thoughts from you. You only have a single RVS vote and then voted me for inactivity. Your ISO is just questions, and not much else. Which is hypocritical of me but something I want to point out.

hmmm

Why are you specifically asking me about hunter? Him and I haven't had any direct interaction. And you and hunter haven't had any significant interaction either. Are you scumreading Hunter?
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:43 pm

Post by muh316 »

In post 121, cylstar wrote:Yes I didn't want to ruin relationships with Mizzy.
Why not, what significance does maintaining a positive relationship with Mizzy have?
c4e5g3d5
c4e5g3d5
Townie
c4e5g3d5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:45 pm

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

In post 136, Mizzytastic wrote:Still curious that you don't mention anything about 72's content while voting the same person he is though. Any thoughts there, beyond agreeing enough to vote in the same place?
I think we just reached the same conclusion for different reasons. I actually called out his LAMIST read on you as bad.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Land Down Under... Where women glow and men thunder

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:28 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 137, muh316 wrote:

I'm working from home, but works been pretty busy. It's friday so I finally have some time to read through this :]
Also, looks like you're home but haven't seen any thoughts from you. You only have a single RVS vote and then voted me for inactivity. Your ISO is just questions, and not much else. Which is hypocritical of me but something I want to point out.

hmmm

Why are you specifically asking me about hunter? Him and I haven't had any direct interaction. And you and hunter haven't had any significant interaction either. Are you scumreading Hunter?
Id like u to tell me ur read on hunter before i taint it with any thing I say.

You dodging my question and responding to my question with a question doesnt give me good vibes about your slot.
hunterr
hunterr
Goon
hunterr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:54 pm

Post by hunterr »

In post 121, cylstar wrote:
In post 118, hunterr wrote:
In post 107, Egix96 wrote:
In post 97, hunterr wrote:
In post 95, cylstar wrote:I voted c4 because I didn't necessary like his tone as other people have said. I am considering voting 72 since he seems to be quite defensive. Can someone tell me if that is more scummy?
Depends on the player, but it's bait to align based on someone being defensive this early imo. Do you think Mizzy pushing 72 to being defensive is towny then?
What do you mean by "bait to align"?
Just being defensive isn't enough for alignment, it's more about the context. Here, cylstar thinks that defensive 72 = scum, which is why I want to know from him if he thinks aggro Mizzy = town.
Obviously I don't think so in all contexts, but basically yes. I read some of their earlier posts as town. Yes I didn't want to ruin relationships with Mizzy. Mostly because I am sick a lot (including at the time of my last post) and sympathise with them. I can't really remember everything they said at this point. I have played social deduction games in which being defensive is an indication of being scum and some where it isn't.
Now that I'm feeling somewhat better I'm going to be busy catching up on school and won't post much.

What is townlock?
Empathizing for another in an online forum is sweet but misguided in a game like this. From my perspective it looks like you're trying to marinate Mizzy, maybe you think they're a strong voice and that's why you want to avoid conflict with them? I have an early scum read here.
hunterr
hunterr
Goon
hunterr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:56 pm

Post by hunterr »

hmmm

Strange that you're asking for a specific read from someone pretty much AFK, why are you afraid to step forwards?
hunterr
hunterr
Goon
hunterr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:08 pm

Post by hunterr »

In post 131, Mizzytastic wrote:
In post 120, hunterr wrote:We're comfortably out of RVS and have plenty of info to go off of now. VOTE: cylstar please answer my question
You townlock c4 based on a post where he decides to vote me, then vote with me in the next post. It feels like a contradiction
I enjoy his change in approach to the game and confident vote on you despite you townreading him. Personally, I sometimes find myself automatically liking anyone that townreads me which is a terrible habit, so him doing this is really good in my eyes. Doesn't have to do with you specifically, it could have been anyone townreading c4.
hunterr
hunterr
Goon
hunterr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:11 pm

Post by hunterr »

In post 133, Mizzytastic wrote:
hmmm

Why specifically hunterr? So far you've come to his defence by attacking me when I was voting him, and now you are specifically curious for a read on him. Is there a reason?
Where did 72 come to my defense?
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:14 pm

Post by muh316 »

In post 140, 72offsuit wrote:Id like u to tell me ur read on hunter before i taint it with any thing I say.
I don't need to give my read on hunter just because you asked for it for no apparent reason.
hunterr
hunterr
Goon
hunterr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by hunterr »

2 posts in a row you're asking more from muh but you haven't provided anything of value so far, are you posting just for the sake of posting?
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by muh316 »

Hunter, could you explain what you mean by townlock? I couldn't find the definition in the wiki.
hunterr
hunterr
Goon
hunterr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:19 pm

Post by hunterr »

Hmm, I can put it this way. c4 would have to do something terrible for me to change his alignment. He is comfortably deep within my town circle where I can forgive a misread or a slight tone change.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:30 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

In post 144, hunterr wrote:-- quote chain snipped--

Where did 72 come to my defense?
I attack you, he immediately decides to go for me. If you two are scum together, or even if he is scum with some other interest with you (trying to pocket, etc.) it's a chainsaw defence.

It could also be that he coincidentally found me scummy and isn't defending you but it felt connected from my perspective at the time and now there is another post from him weirdly focused on you and it starts to look like a pattern.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”