DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:35 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 1125, Menalque wrote:Oh, nice

Hey, DGB, have you considered that you’re at G-2 and have two people (PP and myself) who are very willing to vote you

You should support my infinity wagon if you want to live
I would have to care to live

I read I-324 as town as of last time I looked at that player slot

It's a strange experience for me to be wagon'd on day 1, because usually the scum fears me and the town doesn't bother trying to read me because I'm usually the first or second NK.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:58 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1106, Menalque wrote:also, just look at this: viewtopic.php?t=84622&f=51&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go

look how delicious, how tasty the takes are! how he has scumreads/leans and tries to explain them and to build support for them! where he's actively engaged and has a desire to figure out who the uninformed faction are!

compare and contrast to this game where he's like, making little comments, excusing a lack of reads or only really offering them when prompted, not doing much of anything to build support for flipping them, and is generally just not trying v hard
This post really got to me tbh

Y'all are about to see high effort infinity whether you want to or not
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:32 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 22, Hoopla wrote:
In post 20, skitter30 wrote:Also i'm intrigued that scum picked informed, i prob would have picked multitasking
you're lucky you voted correctly, otherwise i would be all over this.
The fact that she says this and then keeps pushing on skitter for it is like ???

It just felt off, it's enough to vote on at this stage of the game and I'm not sure why she didn't.
In post 133, Hoopla wrote: enthusiastic & busy, which is usually a good sign early.

i do think a couple of his questions seem surface-level, though. in some ways that is nature of the beast for early game discussions; everyone has to start somewhere.

but these sort of questions seem like meaningless busywork:
In post 41, Uncrowned wrote:With this thought process in mind, how many scum do you think there is between myself (14) Infinity (23) and Petapan (100000)?
Ok I liked this post at first, but it's actually a problem I have with a lot of hoopla's posting. It looks nuanced on the surface, but it's not really saying much. And she doesn't really follow up on this worry; her read instead evolves to "active poster and will look at later".
In post 309, Hoopla wrote:
In post 304, Something_Smart wrote:Why is that weird thought more likely to come from scum than town?
looks to me like he threw out a surface-level offhand 'read' on skitter, then when someone pressed him on it, he just made up some BS and doubled down on it when pressed again.

i think if this was a genuine town observation, it's more likely for him to have had this thought about me (someone who has actually posted walls).
She's clearly thinking about this and trying to get into JV's head, but the scum motivation isn't there. Like why doesn't scum!JV say this about hoopla instead? Why don't they just say nothing?
In post 576, Hoopla wrote:
dunnstral
- played a game as scum against him recently, and he was a dominant voice on D1 that seemed quite obviously town. granted, i had confirmed info that game which can sometimes trick you into thinking someone is more town than they actually are, but i haven't seen similar town energy from him yet.

uncrowned
- i'm a believer in awarding town points for super active players (as annoying as they are). a few of his posts have felt cosmetic, but i suppose when you throw out as many nets as he does, some will come back empty. i don't know. i've been skimming his posts recently, and i shamelessly admit to this fact, if only as passive-aggressive way to guilt-trip him into a "quality over quantity" mindset. regardless, as most active poster, he gets a pass for now.

infinity 324
- i think his handling of the jackson virgo episode was very level-headed (given i now realise JV is prob-town). i think he could have easily been sucked into going along with my logic, or at least not played devil's advocate in a way to throw the brakes on what could have been a fast wagon if there was less resistance. leaning town.

petapan
- i have a vague uneasiness with peta's willingness to go to bat for my parade of naked voting. a part of me feels like it's early buddying, but it could also be we both share a similar philosophy about voting/wagoning. leaning scum so far. she also tricked me into attacking a fellow member of the 4 bracket!
Clearly shows a willingness to use nuance and be thoughtful, but she uses it inconsistently. Often I use nuance/thoughtfulness inconsistently as scum because if I used it all the time, it would lead me to having scumreads on all my buddies since I have more information.
In post 771, Hoopla wrote:
In post 710, TheGoldenParadox wrote:townleaning on Infinity because i think he's making valid and helpful points and his mindset seems to be solvey, with genuine attempts to find town and scum. i don't think i have any chance at successfully reading SS
because he's a very mechanical player and my reads on those are generally quite bad
- if i had to give a read, extremely light townlean. dave is slightly weird because they seem to be focusing on me to a greater extent than they should be, and null on dunnstral because i don't have enough from them yet.
ah, so that's why your radar is off about me. i appreciate your candour.
This feels like discrediting and is sort of a weird thing to bring up as town
In post 855, Hoopla wrote:current status: sipping a coffee and reading through skitter's lilith-links.

i'm trusting skitter taking the lead on this one. skitter's a good pick for town, and i'm generally willing to sheep good town players on specific meta-claims like this (particularly on D1 when my alternative is usually utility-executing).
Why is she asking for/reading lilith's meta if she wasn't going to use it? I'm willing to sheep skitter on lilith, as I've said, but hoopla's pretending that she's trying to come to her own conclusions.
In post 858, Hoopla wrote:a couple people picked up that this looked like a scumslip:
In post 840, Infinity 324 wrote:Actually town doesn’t have a tracker right? Honestly I feel like skitter is confident enough that we maybe just lim lilith here. But I think we should talk about it more.

PEdit: you didn’t need to put it to L-1 though?
turns out that was just a typo?

but!

when i was reading the latest posts
this
actually caught my eye as a perspective slip:
In post 833, Infinity 324 wrote:I mean scum already knows she’s a powerful PR
does this imply he knows lilith is town? or am i out to lunch here? someone help me.
I've pointed out that I didn't like this earlier, but I also don't like how easily hoopla buys that the first isn't a scumslip. Like why couldn't I lie that it was a typo? I think these two should be equally likely to be a scumslip from a town perspective.
In post 878, Hoopla wrote:
In post 873, Infinity 324 wrote:Am I BoP’ing you too much? I feel like it’s such a level 0 thing that people get scumread for all the time but is just NAI. Like we’re clearly assuming she’s town for the sake of argument there, otherwise there’s no risk in limming Lilith.
i don't know. maybe? i'm definitely guilty of reading too much into things sometimes.
I've played one game with hoopla a few years ago. If I really shouldn't be expecting hoopla to use more nuance, I think she should be pushing me more on it. In reality, a lot of my expectations come from this game, but it hasn't been something I've been able to articulate until now.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:42 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

is how I approach scumreads as town.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:03 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1152, Infinity 324 wrote:I've played one game with hoopla a few years ago. If I really shouldn't be expecting hoopla to use more nuance, I think she should be pushing me more on it. In reality, a lot of my expectations come from this game, but it hasn't been something I've been able to articulate until now.
To elaborate on this a bit more, I think hoopla is giving more validity to my reasoning since she knows it’s leading to a correct conclusion (i.e. that she’s scum).
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:16 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

PP, why the unvote? We have <2 days left, it's compromise crunch time imo.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:21 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1099, Infinity 324 wrote:VOTE: DGB ok

I think hoopla is scum, it really isn’t a sheep I’ve been pushing that one for a while? Davesaz is also pretty scummy. Honestly I’m proud of how many scumreads I have, I usually have none on d1
why the swap?
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:27 am

Post by petapan »

also dave probtown
free crypto
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:37 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1155, Infinity 324 wrote:PP, why the unvote? We have <2 days left, it's compromise crunch time imo.
Ok Dave. You hopped on and it was gross and I’m trying to re-eval you with what Mena said because I haven’t really tr you.

Plus - maybe I want to hammer.
<(") | (")>
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:49 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1156, petapan wrote: why the swap?
I think we need to compromise atm, we don't have a ton of time and while DGB is pretty low on the list, there could still be a claim to evaluate.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:14 pm

I still think Infinity is town.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:15 pm

You guys are going to have to hurry up and eliminate >this< townie.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:34 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Around for a bit, catching up now
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:38 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1027, DrippingGoofball wrote:So I'm pretty certain I am today's elim based on petapan's say so that my catch up post of 30 pages wasn't good enough.
I'm not sure this is the sole reason you're getting wagoned ...
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1033, Menalque wrote:I believe it’s standard practice in this setup to make sure your role is public knowledge? So
hardclaim cop
to begin with
Firstly, hi mena!!

Secondly: uhhhhh in the last iteration of this game i was in, you were scum and lolclaimed cop in your first post (a role which you decidedly did not have) ....

@ dunn
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:41 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1036, DrippingGoofball wrote:And it took you two whole minutes to come to this conclusion?
Tbf after the game filled but before it fired he told me he was gonna try to snag an empty slot if one became available ^
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:44 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1056, Menalque wrote:
In post 1053, petapan wrote:what i know about pine is i got him eliminated once long ago when i was scum and he was obvtown. also had a kinda trash scumgame but that was also forever ago so i assume no longer true
Pine now has a notoriously good scumgame and is actively more enthusiastic when rolling scum (although he can strategically lurk). It’s ++town for me that he let himself be replaced instead of hitting the minimum activity requirements, which is something he could definitely have done if he was scum and lurking intentionally instead of bc he just wasn’t engaged as town
Also uh i'm not sure i'm townreading you
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:46 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1082, Menalque wrote:
In post 1079, petapan wrote:infinity 324?
*ding ding ding ding ding*

Goes the gameshow scumfinding bell!

VOTE: infinity
I'm not vibing this
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:49 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1113, Menalque wrote:@S_S I think skitt has mostly got increased equity there because she's generally steered things back towards being in lil/DGB and has defused pressure on infinity whenever it's come up which are things I could see her doing with a partner

although now I write it out it does seem less likely, and that she would prob just bus
Uh i'm not sure this is an accurate assessment of mu treatment towards infinity, esp sincd i think he was only pressured like once iirc

And i think it's kinda weird that you're framing this as 'defusing pressure on infinity' vs 'stating i dont scumread him'
Show
Hiatus once more.

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:50 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I’m pretty sure menal’s SR on me is genuine, but it probably started before he saw his role PM.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:51 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1114, Menalque wrote:I guess it's like a BoP-esque thing really, but you're right that maybe she wouldn't so openly link herself to infinity if they were scum together

that said, no-one else has really called this out so maybe she didn't think there was a lot of obvious linkage?
Uh again there isnt really any linkage ...
You can say literally the exact same thing with me/jv, as i actually *did* try to stop a wagon there ...
I'm not sure why you're not calling that out ^
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:53 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1132, Menalque wrote:Untrue, others did start to push at things about infinity and skitter was the person who prevented those things developing
When did this even happen ...
The only time i can think of is lilith once asking me about infinity and me saying i thought he was townish

Like i dont think this is a recurring trend like ur making it out to be
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:55 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1148, davesaz wrote:S_S just got major scum equity btw. No way in hell that 9 people skipped a role like cop to allow it to drop to 10th, and a mechanics player should be on that.
BTW for the love of god don't counter claim. We don't need to know, and we sure as shit don't need scum to know.
I can't decide if Menalque gets scum points for fishing or if it's a reaction test, but I'm busting it right now.
It's a bs claim and possibly scum indicative
Show
Hiatus once more.

petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:58 pm

Post by petapan »

are obvious joke claims scum indicative
free crypto
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:00 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Subject: Open 779: Pick Your Power X/Y Game Over!
DonCorleone wrote:
hardclaim cop

Yeah, I’m as surprised to have got it as you all are, what can I say, luck of the Irish
He was scum in this game ^

(This is a public alt ^)
Show
Hiatus once more.

Return to “Completed Open Games”