Newbie 2038: Elements [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:31 am

Post by Umlaut »

Vote Count 1.10
Sodium, 11Na
— alkali metal, standard atomic weight 22.990, group 1, period 3, s-block

AGamblingPig
(4): , , ,
muh316
(3): , ,
cylstar
(2): ,

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to eliminate.

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-11-06 06:30:00)
Last edited by Umlaut on Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:31 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

Did you find what you were looking for about no elims and the stats? What put Pig up to good enough candidate for you when 72 is voting there. You seem more confident on 72 than I am on cyl and it gave me uncertainties.

I'm kinda busy right now gonna be around this evening. I won't be awake at deadline but I'll get pretty close with my current sleep schedule.

Someone should intent on pig ASAP so we have the possibility of getting a claim and moving elsewhere, though I kinda doubt it at this speed of game.
JDye
JDye
Goon
JDye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:43 am

Post by JDye »

In post 326, Mizzytastic wrote:Did you find what you were looking for about no elims and the stats?
I didn't. Muh linked me to a wiki post about the stats which showed no elims do give higher chances of winning but that was done by randomly picking candidates so those stats were higher than they would be IRL. The post I remember was an analysis of actual games played but I've not been able to find it. I don't think a no elim should happen here. I think we get a lot of info from whoever gets elimmed.
In post 326, Mizzytastic wrote:What put Pig up to good enough candidate for you when 72 is voting there. You seem more confident on 72 than I am on cyl and it gave me uncertainties.
Knowing that the chances of finding scum on D1 are so low, I'm trying to not let myself be swayed too much by reads on other people, especially when the reads are mostly tonal (Cyl) or predicated on bad play (72) and bad play doesn't have to be scummy. I think they're scummy but chances are I'm wrong so I don't want to not eliminate someone who I also think could be scum because of that. I tried to pick the candidate that I think had highest chance of flipping scum and I think that's pig. He's got the most hard evidence against them.

Honestly, this is a really hard elim for me and I'm really thrown off by the fact that the person I think is scummiest doesn't have a wagon with them.
AGamblingPig
AGamblingPig
Goon
AGamblingPig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:53 am

Post by AGamblingPig »

Welp, Looks like I'm a goner. I'm vanilla townie. Hopefully my lynching will give you all the info you need to make better choices tomorrow.

Good luck town.
Pathological liar with good intentions.
Queer for your pleasure
JDye
JDye
Goon
JDye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:54 am

Post by JDye »

Can't muster a response to anything said? Or give us your reads?
safebet222
safebet222
Goon
safebet222
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:59 am

Post by safebet222 »

In post 328, AGamblingPig wrote:Welp, Looks like I'm a goner. I'm vanilla townie. Hopefully my lynching will give you all the info you need to make better choices tomorrow.

Good luck town.
While you're around, care to give us any thoughts on the game?
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:03 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

In post 324, c4e5g3d5 wrote:Take big issue with Egix and Mizzy forgetting this is a newbie game (re: cyl).
I find this misrepresentitive. We are disagreeing on how we read her brand off newness, but in my case and from what Egix has said both our reads are informed specifically by her being new.

Do you think it's alignment indicative? If you do, then do you think a scum team of me and Egix make votes 1 and 2 on what you are saying scum see as a low hanging fruit wagon with a very similar read? Do you think scum!me leaves that wagon like I did?

If you think it's bad sport separate from alignment I'll remind you that although I'm not a typical newbie and am comfortable with some parts (mechanical/theory) of the site and game I'm not eligible to be an SE and am playing here cos I struggle with some of the more emotional parts of the game - this is part of my learning experience too. I also think it's totally fair for someone to use what experience they have with new players to inform their reads on new players.
safebet222
safebet222
Goon
safebet222
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:08 am

Post by safebet222 »

@JDye... Your APig vote confuses me... Are you saying that its most likely that 72 is bussing? Care to elaborate more on this?
AGamblingPig
AGamblingPig
Goon
AGamblingPig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:19 am

Post by AGamblingPig »

In post 330, safebet222 wrote:
In post 328, AGamblingPig wrote:Welp, Looks like I'm a goner. I'm vanilla townie. Hopefully my lynching will give you all the info you need to make better choices tomorrow.

Good luck town.
While you're around, care to give us any thoughts on the game?

As I said in the post that some of you read as scumslip, I think 2 of Me, Muh and Egix are scum. Which is why I'm voting Muh.

I also don't love 72s sudden heavy push for me, but that's likely just OMGUS on my part.

I have very little else but tonereads at this part so I don't think they're too relevant.

I've liked the play from both replacements so far.

So,

Town - Jdye, Mizzy, Safebet, Me
Neutral - Cyl, 72, C4
Scum - Muh, Egix
Queer for your pleasure
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:36 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

Is your read on Egix and Muh based on anything other than activity?
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:43 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 324, c4e5g3d5 wrote:
In post 315, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 297, JDye wrote:Weird that both 72 and Mizzy started leaning towards town!cyl and started FOSing AGamblingPig within a very short amount of time. 72 being opportunistic when it looks like town is going to move in a certain direction?
You comment on my interacting with Mizzy and my vote on GamblingPig, and FoS me,
yet you make ZERO references to my actual case against GamblingPig.

Which basically reveals your mindset is not to solve slots, but rather to secure a miskick.

JD is scum.
This reach lmao

Take big issue with Egix and Mizzy forgetting this is a newbie game (re: cyl).
The real stretch is in his very next post...

As for your second point, I'm sorry, but there does come a point at which you can't just give someone a pass for being new. Still have to find scum somewhere, you know?
safebet222
safebet222
Goon
safebet222
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:59 am

Post by safebet222 »

@egix I get having a read and not wanting to move off it... But its time to get moving...cyl's wagon isn't going anywhere today. Who's it going to be?
JDye
JDye
Goon
JDye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:05 am

Post by JDye »

In post 332, safebet222 wrote:@JDye... Your APig vote confuses me... Are you saying that its most likely that 72 is bussing? Care to elaborate more on this?
If Pig is scum, 72 isn't. If 72 is scum Pig isn't. They can't be scum together. I'm not looking for scum teams right now, I'm just finding individuals who I think are scummy and voting them. Despite everything 72 has done which makes me think he's scummy, I'm not certain of it and since a wagon on him isn't possible, I'll settle for the person I think has the highest chance of flipping scum out of the available wagons.
AGamblingPig
AGamblingPig
Goon
AGamblingPig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:25 am

Post by AGamblingPig »

In post 334, Mizzytastic wrote:Is your read on Egix and Muh based on anything other than activity?

I gave my read on Muh and it isn't just activity. It's also the evasiveness..

Egix is definitely more an activity read. Like I said I have very little that isn't tone related at this point.
Queer for your pleasure
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:49 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 336, safebet222 wrote:@egix I get having a read and not wanting to move off it... But its time to get moving...cyl's wagon isn't going anywhere today. Who's it going to be?
VOTE: muh316
E-1

I still feel like AGP is probably town here.
cylstar
cylstar
Townie
cylstar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:48 am

Post by cylstar »

I might not post for the rest of the day, so:
Regarding my supposed experience, irl mafia has a lot of differences. for one, people don't have records of everything people say, and the 'loud' people tend to dominate the conversation. I've only really played these games with people I know pretty well. I also never said I was good at irl mafia. Scumhunting is even harder and my only strategy as mafia is to lurk.

72 being so accusatory is weird, but I don't know what to attribute it to. But it's good how they are trying to raise activity levels, I guess

I definitely felt like people were voting muh for only one small reason (their evading the question) which made me suspect people were jumping on the 'easy' wagon. This sort of reasoning will probably lead me to WIFOM but...
I've got to go back and reread what made mizzy and 72 vote Pig
safebet222
safebet222
Goon
safebet222
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:08 am

Post by safebet222 »

I'm gonna get this out of the way... I intend to hammer APig at 10pm Central (Milwaukee, WI time) unless someone hammers Muh or Apig before. I prefer the Muh flip but also prefer the APig flip to no vote.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:18 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

I'm doing other stuff but checking semi regularly if anyone wants to interact with me.
c4e5g3d5
c4e5g3d5
Townie
c4e5g3d5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:35 am

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

In post 335, Egix96 wrote:I'm sorry, but there does come a point at which you can't just give someone a pass for being new. Still have to find scum somewhere, you know?
Yeah, there's a point at which you have to read new players, but with LAMIST? Come on, no.
AGamblingPig
AGamblingPig
Goon
AGamblingPig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by AGamblingPig »

In post 342, Mizzytastic wrote:I'm doing other stuff but checking semi regularly if anyone wants to interact with me.

Hammer Muh and save me.
Queer for your pleasure
c4e5g3d5
c4e5g3d5
Townie
c4e5g3d5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:25 pm

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Since we have tied wagons and the people who plan to hammer only plan to do so to avoid NE, muh should probably claim to be safe.
safebet222
safebet222
Goon
safebet222
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:33 pm

Post by safebet222 »

In post 345, c4e5g3d5 wrote:Since we have tied wagons and the people who plan to hammer only plan to do so to avoid NE, muh should probably claim to be safe.
Someone needs to claim intent...
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:42 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

In post 343, c4e5g3d5 wrote:
In post 335, Egix96 wrote:I'm sorry, but there does come a point at which you can't just give someone a pass for being new. Still have to find scum somewhere, you know?
Yeah, there's a point at which you have to read new players, but with LAMIST? Come on, no.
I know this is directed at Egix but you are accusing me of the same stuff so I just want to say you and I have a very different interpretation of LAMIST. I'm saying she's trying overly hard not to rock the boat and making sure the things she does doesn't upset people. She doesn't want people looking at her, she wants people overlooking her because she hasn't ruffled feathers.

I also had some questions earlier about whether you see me and Egix as a partnership cos it seems like bad scum strategy the way we treated the cyl slot. I'd still like to hear an answer about that.

Do you think cyl's newness is town!newb or NAI newb?
In post 344, AGamblingPig wrote:
In post 342, Mizzytastic wrote:I'm doing other stuff but checking semi regularly if anyone wants to interact with me.

Hammer Muh and save me.
Convince me. Your case on muh is weaker than the case on you from my point of view, you don't have intent on you, and we already have a claim and would prefer to avoid more.
AGamblingPig
AGamblingPig
Goon
AGamblingPig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:50 pm

Post by AGamblingPig »

Convince me. Your case on muh is weaker than the case on you from my point of view, you don't have intent on you, and we already have a claim and would prefer to avoid more.[/quote]

Eh, my time will be better spent finishing Lovecraft Country with my roommate. You think I have a weak case. I don't disagree, but I don't have anything to add.

Enjoy the egg on your face. Make better choices tomorrow.
Queer for your pleasure
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:34 pm

Post by muh316 »

On mobile right now, do you really want me to claim given we already have one claim? Having 2 claims is not the best idea on D1.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”