Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5375 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:00 pm

Post by Grendel »

I hope you guys had a good day. Mine was pretty terribad. :death:

Spoiler:
1575 Looking as IKS role claim. Rude's reaction is disappointingly passive. He fielded a question, and seemed to wait on thread's feelings instead of voicing a stance quickly. NoPM disagreeing that its town aligned role based off what is known of the flavor is town looking. Most other players seem unsure how to react. Pooky/A50 defends the flavor claim. Drew Switches to No Power next page.

For some reason I thought Rude had town looking moment dealing with ISK claim, but I must have misremembered things.

1629 It is a curious thing that A50 says that his behavior is normally scum read. Yet in this game very few seem to scum read him.

1667 Gammmaaaa, if you are reading rn this can you walk me through why A50's posts around this time struck out as town to you?

1692 my town read on drew is diminishing. This looks like scum stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I guess that all i had left to say about D1.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5376 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:02 pm

Post by Grendel »

D2 read through starting here

Spoiler:
1743 rude believing the trolly day vig claim is such a weird thing for scum press upon. Like regardless if he as scum is faking it or telling the truth. Makes more sense from town not catching the truth.

1781 No power casing DBG as scum who posted their vig list as cover for the night kill is really funny. Its not something I think scum would attempt to push b/c the roster at large would discredit it hard. (which the roster basically did)

1812 Drew point on No power is interesting. It is weird that site flake dosent cross vote. Never thought about it.

1982 I notice that pookys point here parrals Drews point earlier about No Power, IKS, cross vote. Drew acknowledges that in a pretty awkward way next post.

2008 If Rude where to end up flipping scum I find the behavior here to be akin to a frustrated at a buddy. He refers to No power here.

2021 No Power keeping Iecrint in his PoE is a good look. Iecerint was better off then IKS, possibly one of the more set-up scum. Usually scum going deep aren't kept as back pocket reads.

1915 Sometimes as scum I have a preference for burying myself into one specific tool for an extended amount of time. Like for example spending a v long time developing a reads list to look townie. That’s something I’ve done as scum before. Also he has takeaways I just totally disagree with. Like No Power position D1 EoD still looking to him.

2071 I agree with Dave’s point of Lavender’s vouyarstic playstyle being scumy feeling.

2072 Dave’s point of scum spending more time on post formatting is such a superficial thing to push. ;/

2076 this tendency for Tipain to scum read players strongly without explanation is troublesome. I've more or less cone to the conclusion that is just a thing he likes to do, and probably isn't AI.

Chkflip vs Looker looks like a waste of time so i skipped it.

2284 & 2387
Im curoius to know where Lavender is for Gamma now b/c i seem to recall him pulling back on her past D3, (Gamma can correct my if im wroung) Also I wonder way Gama thinks that No Power looks town for the whole "Dont invite outsiders into mafia games, thats the MODs job" when No Power raised that point again later after I subbed in, and in that instance Gamma SR'd it. No Power had basically the same reaction both times.

Chkflip keeps emphasizing how town Lavender is via meta. This is making me feel obligated to read some of her other games. Tho it'dd be a bit before i do.

2463 This point dosent make sense to me. Like how in context does it even point to scum No Power. If Tipaindeath still thinks its relevant then I'd like to hear it out.

2479 series of gamma posts here seem weirdly detached from the game state. Reminds me of old school gamma, and i cant tell if thats something Ai for me. I recall always SR'ing it, but I dont think I was ever correct back then so....

2508 I generally like these kind of these "planing ahead" posts being made in thread proper as town like. Shows thought in the game state beyond causal commentary, plus scum natural instinct is to do planning posts in private chat. Nice Dave post.

2510 something feels manufactured by A50's paranoia here.

IM past page 100, and im tired of doing this tonight. I havent really mentioned Pisskop here. Umm, he looks fine, I'll keep him in my TR's.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5377 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:05 pm

Post by pisskop »

I do damn well look fine!

I got asked out for drinks thursday.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5378 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:06 pm

Post by pisskop »

yea, can we powerrope drew yet?
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5379 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:06 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 5330, davesaz wrote:
My TiphaineDeath vote is blatant OMGUS because the loltunnel is getting on my nerves.

Sorry, I need to sleep soon as well. I'll say that looking for scum chemistry can be a mixed bag. Scum know they are partners and know they should avoid laying down connections, so behavior that you would think is counter-intuitive for partners is often the right thing to do. I'll try to remember to look at specifics.
Thanks, Im looking forward to the cross refence.

So annoyance is the biggest factor in the vote itself, but how likely do you think he is to flip scum?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5380 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:07 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 5378, pisskop wrote:yea, can we powerrope drew yet?
If you have a case on him I'd be interested for sure.

I really want to know how he interacts with scum buddies if you have info
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Lavender
Lavender
Goon
Lavender
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5381 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:08 pm

Post by Lavender »

Sorry this will be a prodge from me
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #5382 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:09 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Lav-Chan! (.❛ ᴗ ❛.)

have you figured out yet why squares can't be triangles!? (.❛ ᴗ ❛.)
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5383 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:11 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 5332, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 5326, Grendel wrote:OH!

Is anybody town reading A50? I would like to hear some reasons for that if possible.

It seems like a lot of players are just avoiding sorting that slot and it bothers me.
I’ve been TRing A50 pretty steadily since D3
Dave also was a TR at one point, but I need to double-check how I feel on him
Can i get follow up on both these points?

Im hungery for more takes on Dave, and I dont understand where A50 has town motives.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5384 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:13 pm

Post by Grendel »

Really i feel my reads of gotten less concrete then they were yesterday. x.x
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5385 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:23 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 5348, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: Ok you fucking clowns lets look at things Pooky has done:

viewtopic.php?p=12270475#p12270475

You see this? The mo-mo had swung from Ice-Ice to RudeB 7-5 - then I fucking turn the town around and we nail Ice-Ice for DGB like a fucking boss.

That should be enough to tell you I'm town.

But if you guys really want to shred-obvtown pooky to continue the long string of town-throwing I'm happy to die so I can go shit talk Galron some more in the deadthread for making the biggest throw in forum mafia history in 2020.

It's fine, this entire town is one big giant throw and I'm cool with it.
Idk if the momentum would've turned back onto Iecenrint if Gamma hadn't joined you on voting Iecerint tho.

Also you claimed this as a reason to TR you to DGB the day after when she showed some suspicion in your direction. I dont think its an Obvi bus. I just dont see it as impossible that you wouldn't bus Icerint. Espesaliy if you thought you could use it to pocket DGB, and get serous town cred, in the process.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5386 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:24 pm

Post by pisskop »

I think dave and 50 can get roped. more drew and dave than 50 tho.

50 is kind of just prodging, whereas i feel like scum 50 is just more involved.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5387 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:31 pm

Post by Grendel »

VOTE: Drew

Drew's focus and logic then he first started cutting into IKS D1 is in v sharp juxtapostion with how he was playing by the time i subbed in. Drew was pretty unfocused D3 onwards, play didnt stand out to me much at all. I feel like an informed perspective is why his IKS push in the early to mid D1 looked so impressive to me. He hasnt replicated yet in my read through.

Granted i dont know how he distinces/busses etc,
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5388 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:37 pm

Post by Grendel »

Town is {NOPM, Pisskop Rude, TIpainDEATH, Gamma, bambi} roughly strongest to weakest, but I doubt I'd touch any of these guys outside of a Lylo situation

Everybody else is shifting and sliding around too much for me to give a concrete scum team rn.

-/-/-/-

See you tomarrow evening.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #5389 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:47 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Might do some VCA myself, I feel like I’ve recently learned how to do it well, even if the results aren’t 100% perfect.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5390 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:51 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 5375, Grendel wrote:1667 Gammmaaaa, if you are reading rn this can you walk me through why A50's posts around this time struck out as town to you?
It felt like his town tone. A good example of what I mean is mystery box of silver 10, which just finished
I’ve not felt as much of that recently but I also haven’t felt he was actively scummy at all.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5391 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:58 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 5376, Grendel wrote:2284 & 2387
Im curoius to know where Lavender is for Gamma now b/c i seem to recall him pulling back on her past D3, (Gamma can correct my if im wroung) Also I wonder way Gama thinks that No Power looks town for the whole "Dont invite outsiders into mafia games, thats the MODs job" when No Power raised that point again later after I subbed in, and in that instance Gamma SR'd it. No Power had basically the same reaction both times.
I still feel like Lavender is net scummy, but recent developments make her a low priority for trying to yeet. As for NPOM it’s a context thing, and also probably a little selfish. The former part was me thinking it was weird to make scene about that sort of thing as scum. The latter was me thinking it was an attempt was being made to smear the two of us.
<Embrace The Void>

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #5392 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:53 am

Post by davesaz »

I have completely lost confidence in A50 town. By this time in the game he has usually pushed something or gotten irate about something.
If he has picked up on the reason for my early game TRs it is easy to fake as scum. If that reason is why most people TR him early game, even more reason to learn how to fake it.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5393 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:07 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

@Grendal I was right re inviting outsiders.
Mafia Record: Town 4-3 Mafia 0-1 Third Party 1-0 Total 5-4
"NPOM you can do apparently whatever the fuck you want this game." - Alduskkel

Wiki: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... owerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5394 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:10 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

I got some criticism for saying it at the time but the fact is that it's not fair to give one player an advantage over another by bringing in a possibly perferred player(not saying Grendel was preferred in this instance, just as a principal).

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5395 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:23 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 5392, davesaz wrote:I have completely lost confidence in A50 town. By this time in the game he has usually pushed something or gotten irate about something.
If he has picked up on the reason for my early game TRs it is easy to fake as scum. If that reason is why most people TR him early game, even more reason to learn how to fake it.
Since most of the town tells I picked up from A50 were early I can definitely see this
<Embrace The Void>

a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5396 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:32 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

In post 5394, NoPowerOverMe wrote:I got some criticism for saying it at the time but the fact is that it's not fair to give one player an advantage over another by bringing in a possibly perferred player(not saying Grendel was preferred in this instance, just as a principal).

oh god, back to this.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #5397 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:40 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 5393, NoPowerOverMe wrote:@Grendal I was right re inviting outsiders.
In post 5394, NoPowerOverMe wrote:I got some criticism for saying it at the time but the fact is that it's not fair to give one player an advantage over another by bringing in a possibly perferred player(not saying Grendel was preferred in this instance, just as a principal).
What prompted you to bring this up?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #5398 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:42 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 5392, davesaz wrote:I have completely lost confidence in A50 town. By this time in the game he has usually pushed something or gotten irate about something.
THIS GAME was the main reason why I was putting this on the back burner. It was MUCH more fun and had much faster pace, and there were too many "moving part" (I was a Mason, so talking to 2 slots in private, and I got neighborized on N1, so had 3 more to talk to in addition to a 4th that was added on N2), aside from the main thread.

I think I can pay more attention to this game now, although it still is BORING (mainly because nobody's bringing anything new to the table and there isn't nearly as much activity)

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5399 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:06 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

I'm fine getting rid of drew not so much a50 I'm kind of perplexed why people want to keep death around though.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”