petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2250 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:03 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 2247, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2242, petapan wrote:insisted forcefully enough that she would have taken multitasking that i believed it
meh, I think it's well within scum-skitter's wheelhouse to pick one thing and strongly argue why she would have picked the other, especially if she did the pick specifically for WIFOM.
way she argued it felt believable, meh, but it's not a read i'd hang my hat on anyway
free crypto
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2251 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:04 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

I ask because I feel like you've had some good insights on stuff throughout the game and your lack of them here seems... odd?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2252 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:25 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 2249, Uncrowned wrote:S_S do you have thoughts on anything at the moment or have you been busy or something?
I have been busy or something.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2253 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:35 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Is "or something" possibly cooking up dastardly scum plans to kill us all?!
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #2254 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:17 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 2241, davesaz wrote:Of course your position has nothing at all to do with your own draft number. :roll:
purely incidental, let me assure you.

yes, i'm a 4 today, but in another lifetime perhaps i'm a 7.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2255 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:40 am

Post by Dunnstral »

get bad man
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2256 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:51 am

Post by lilith2013 »

hi I think I finally caught up

I think tgp’s reasoning for being on the DGB and mena wagons is super awkward and like he has no personal feelings about either of them but is/was voting them purely because of logic, which is fine in itself, but I feel like he’s trying to pass it off as scumreading them. and then trying to not take responsibility for being on the wagons because “his vote didn’t matter” even though he was the L-1 vote on both.

VOTE: tgp (L-1)

(As an aside, I feel a bit like I’m in perma-catchup mode due to rl and it kind of sucks. I’m hoping I can be more free soon to actually interact with people in real time because that’s where I do best.)
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #2257 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:08 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Do you still think mena is scum?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #2258 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:27 am

Post by lilith2013 »

I don't know, I feel like he's reasonably towny in his interactions with skitter (reasonably because I haven't played with scum!mena but I imagine he's a pretty competent player who knows what he's supposed to sound like as town) and I think it's less unlikely that I didn't actually block the kill than I originally thought
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2259 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:01 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 2104, TheGoldenParadox wrote:i'm town because my interactions and progressions don't make sense for scum
like. imo the biggest difference between town and scum is the fact that town is completely in the dark whereas scum knows the alignment of every player in the game
and my posting whatever you think of my reads and my reasoning make a lot more sense from someone who's uninformed than someone who knows the alignment of every player in the game
This is related somewhat to the thing I pointed out before.
TGP is aware of their posting and trying to push the narrative that it makes more sense as uninformed than informed.
It makes me think that the basically clueless looking style is an act.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2260 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:09 am

Post by petapan »

oh, tgp is actively ignoring this game, that's interesting
free crypto
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2261 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:07 am

Post by the worst »

vote count 2.15

TheGoldenParadox (6)
: Uncrowned, Best Bird, skitter30, Menalque, petapan, lilith2013
Menalque (2)
: JacksonVirgo, Dunnstral
Dunnstral (2)
: Hoopla, Infinity 324
Infinity 324 (1)
: TheGoldenParadox
Best Bird (1)
: davesaz

Not voting
: Something_Smart

Deadline: (expired on 2020-11-13 13:00:00)

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to eliminate.

mod notes
:
- I've been away for the weekend, I'll b back properly tmrw
- prodding best bird
- skitter30 v/la fridays & saturdays
- quack
Best Bird
Best Bird
Goon
Best Bird
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2262 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:42 am

Post by Best Bird »

tgp
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #2263 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:10 am

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

In post 2246, petapan wrote:
TheGoldenParadox
, please try to explain what's bad about infinity's posts to you
unvote for now and i will
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2264 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:11 am

like at this point chances are i'll probably be hammered without intent so i'm not going to waste time formulating a real infinity case unless i'm no longer at l-1
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2265 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:12 am

Post by petapan »

i don't think anyone should hammer unannounced but
fine

UNVOTE:
free crypto
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2266 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:19 am

thanks. give me half an hour or so, i should have a case done by then.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2267 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:45 am

In post 1426, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 1422, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1419, Infinity 324 wrote:Pretty sure scum!lilith chooses 1-shot vig and uses it night 1.
1s vigi is paired with 1s pgo ... which dgb flipped
So barring an odd WIFOM play, the top couple slots in the draft are probably town.
this seems like intentionally bad reasoning, and it looks scum-indicative to me. Because dgb was below every unique number that was picked, it seems like a stretch to say that:
1. it would be an odd wifom play to not take the 1-shot vig as scum
2. this only applies to the top couple slots in the draft

while i understand the possible reasoning that the top couple of slots in the draft would be more confident in getting 1-shot vig as scum, it's not a particularly coveted town role and is not incredibly likely to be picked by town. thus, this reasoning seems like it falls apart pretty quickly when attempting to make both of those arguments together.
In post 1433, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 1420, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1415, TheGoldenParadox wrote:VOTE: hoopla

there is confirmed no scum 1-shot vig, so we should absolutely avoid shooting at the top of the draft.
We certainly should avoid shooting the top of the draft

Oh shit...the pt. Wrong thread.
Lol you think a post with a vote in it was meant for the scum pt?
also... a bit weird. like penguin is an (obviously) quite shitposty player, and this post seems like... something i wouldn't expect from town.
In post 1594, Infinity 324 wrote:There's an amount of pride that goes with reads you have before replacing in, you clearly seemed like you had caught me, you were
so sure
and then I make an effort post and you're like ehh sort later without even reading it?
while this alone isn't terrible, it's made a lot worse by the fact that infinity does... essentially the same thing back to menal. even though this post itself isn't that scum indicative, it calls out menal in a way that i particularly agree with and doesn't seem to be made in good faith.
In post 1996, Infinity 324 wrote:UNVOTE:

Mena is too earnest. Need to rethink

Still think the 1-shot vig thing makes lilith pretty likely to be town

I think a doc save might be what's going on
this is bad, not only because of the stretched mechanical reasoning about lillith but because of the reevaluation of mena. infinity had recently pointed out that in a recent game he had seen confirmed scum pretend like they were earnestly game solving, and i feel like this flip on menal without a massive change in menal's tone and posting style at that point (just the amount of it) was fairly scummy.
In post 2042, Infinity 324 wrote:I think JV is much more likely than TGP to be scum pretending to be town stuck in a tunnel. For example, feels like a town "aha" moment. JV has tunneled peta from super early on giving very little focus to other slots, and when they did, it was often on NAI stuff. I don't think town tunnels based on an early d1 response to a joke, and didn't feel like a "heh I'm gonna catch you with this" post.

VOTE: JV
this gut pinged me, so i'm going to try to explain it. infinity has pointed out themselves that they try to just focus on slots that specifically ping them (they said 3-4 was good, which it seems like JV has), and strikes me as a good enough player to know that tunnels aren't usually indicative of scumplay,
especially
when they're on what seems like thin reasoning.
none of this reasoning is bad, per se. but it pings me more as coming from someone who knows alignments than not.
In post 2108, Infinity 324 wrote:If the entire plan was to make a bunch of opportunistic votes and use "I'm LHF" as a defense, why does sound so nervous? It doesn't add up for me
In post 2122, Infinity 324 wrote:Not really. I like to focus on a few slots at a time because I can get overwhelmed if I try to focus on everyone at once (this is one of the realizations that made me feel better about hoopla fwiw). But 3-4 slots for directed attention is a good sweetspot imo.
this is a good post in isolation, but the fact that infinity has called others out for doing similar things (notably JV) is problematic.
In post 2210, Infinity 324 wrote:The problem is that your case isn't very convincing to me because I don't see flip-flopping and weak reasoning as scumtells in the general case. I try to match emotion and tone to players' behavior to see whether more sense as town vs. scum, and here it feels like it matches up much better if TGP is town.
In post 2216, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 2215, Uncrowned wrote:people who sit on the fence, go under the radar, or make attempts to be unpolarizing are the ones who are likely to be scum
TGP has been the total opposite of this.

Besides that I give up trying to explain my townread.
finally, Infinity's defense of me is bad. it feels very much that they KNOW i am town and are attempting to invent fairly thin reasoning to defend me for the towncred when they know i'll flip town. it's an argument that relies on the knowledge that i am town, but the actual arguments that are being made (that flip-flopping and weak reasoning aren't scumtells and i'm doing the opposite of sitting on the fence or going under the radar, implying me being town) don't seem like genuine, good-faith town arguments.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2268 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:29 am

Post by Menalque »

Who is in your scum pool, TGP and who are your top 3 picks within it
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2269 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:40 am

uhh my scumpool is like {infinity, hoopla, penguin, dunn, dave} in that order
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2270 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:20 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2239, petapan wrote:
In post 2226, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2224, TheGoldenParadox wrote:flavor leaf won the don corleone scummy and is probably the best scumplayer on this site today.
Man my ego
pff i bet they give that award to just about anyone
:)
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2271 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:21 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2247, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2242, petapan wrote:insisted forcefully enough that she would have taken multitasking that i believed it
meh, I think it's well within scum-skitter's wheelhouse to pick one thing and strongly argue why she would have picked the other, especially if she did the pick specifically for WIFOM.
tbf this is true
(except that i usually wouldn't make a pure wifom play like that)
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2272 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:34 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1056, Menalque wrote:
In post 1053, petapan wrote:what i know about pine is i got him eliminated once long ago when i was scum and he was obvtown. also had a kinda trash scumgame but that was also forever ago so i assume no longer true
Pine now has a notoriously good scumgame and is actively more enthusiastic when rolling scum (although he can strategically lurk). It’s ++town for me that he let himself be replaced instead of hitting the minimum activity requirements, which is something he could definitely have done if he was scum and lurking intentionally instead of bc he just wasn’t engaged as town
also now that lilith's game is over, i feel the need to point out that this is no longer accurate meta %
he basically played *exactly* like he did in this game and ultimately got repped out for inactivity
Show
Hiatus once more.

petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2273 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:18 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 2270, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2239, petapan wrote:
In post 2226, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2224, TheGoldenParadox wrote:flavor leaf won the don corleone scummy and is probably the best scumplayer on this site today.
Man my ego
pff i bet they give that award to just about anyone
:)
:wink:
free crypto
Best Bird
Best Bird
Goon
Best Bird
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2274 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:24 pm

Post by Best Bird »

In post 2272, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1056, Menalque wrote:
In post 1053, petapan wrote:what i know about pine is i got him eliminated once long ago when i was scum and he was obvtown. also had a kinda trash scumgame but that was also forever ago so i assume no longer true
Pine now has a notoriously good scumgame and is actively more enthusiastic when rolling scum (although he can strategically lurk). It’s ++town for me that he let himself be replaced instead of hitting the minimum activity requirements, which is something he could definitely have done if he was scum and lurking intentionally instead of bc he just wasn’t engaged as town
also now that lilith's game is over, i feel the need to point out that this is no longer accurate meta %
he basically played *exactly* like he did in this game and ultimately got repped out for inactivity
It didn’t start with that game, but yes, that’s one of the reasons I said I didn’t like Mena using that to push a tr on the slot yesterday.

Return to “Completed Open Games”