Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:20 pm

Post by shellyc »

pagetop
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:07 am

Post by Battle Mage »

I'm a
vanilla townie

I'll try and keep my thoughts fairly succinct and in 1 post:

Massclaim is correct play today - key is working out what the setup balance should be.

I still think Mini is most likely scum and one weakness of the Doctor claim is Mini claimed to target Shelly last night which makes no sense when she claimed there was a scum roleblocker (i.e. scum had no incentive to NK her). Also if Shelly's claim is true, Mini-mafia RB would have had to target her over the last 2 nights, meaning it's a safe claim in the event of any trackers/watchers. Overall, it's possible, but I don't buy it, and my preference is to eliminate her today.

I'm baffled by the Staarling-NK, although it doesn't tell me much about who did it. Mini-scum could have made an objectively bad kill choice. Datisi/Icon scum probably assume this game is in the bag anyway, so it didn't really matter. Same perhaps true of Shelly, although Staarling was suspicious of her at the end of yesterday, so there's also that. For what it's worth, scum-BM would never kill Staarling in that situation, as the easiest route to victory would be 2 required mis-elims on Staarling and Mini.

This is my first time playing a game with a majority 'townblock' of which I'm not a part, despite being town. Tbh, it's pretty de-motivating, because this game basically plays itself now without any real intelligent thought, so I'm not gonna high-effort unless there's evidence that we aren't just going through the motions.

I think if it's not Mini, it's probably Shelly, for a number of reasons:

1. Shelly is just riding off an investigative claim with no results, despite having been considered the scummiest player on Day 1, which is a basic but proven scum gambit (interestingly, more valuable when your scumteam has a rolecop which gives you more insight into the setup).
2. Shelly has been pushing the idea of me being scum for no reason for a long time. Which would make sense if she needed to line up 2 mis-elims to win, and her own position is the next most precarious (although you could level the same challenge at me now). However, Shelly is a capable player who has not been trying to read me in good-faith, and not properly looking at Dat-Ico. It hasn't seemed to me like Shelly has tried to solve my slot at all - which either mean she is scum, or possibly just wants to elim me for personal reasons. For that reason, I'm not
3. Shelly has just been generally very scummy in this game, even the little things like sheeping other people's logic without acknowledging it, and posturing with probing questions seemed a bit LAMIST.

I think because of the above, I'm resigned to the fact that Ico or Datisi scum win this game due to the townblock, so am fine with that. I'll be disappointed to lose to scum-Shelly if that is the case, but that's the peril of bad townblocks I guess, and I'll take the cred for being right all along. Scum-mini should never win anyway, so if that's the solve we're all good.

VOTE: Mini
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:11 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1326, MiniMegabyte wrote:Okay okay jeez I’m a town doctor no need to hammer me here jesus
i know i said only 1 post, but come on. lurk for days, and then act shocked and appalled when you get run up. also not even "the" town doctor? :facepalm:

also just occurred to me that if Shelly is town, we had scum-RB and scum-rolecop and no scum-doctor? both of which would show up guilty to a gunsmith? Is it normal to have a gunsmith in a normal setup without any false positive potential?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:25 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1452, Battle Mage wrote:also just occurred to me that if Shelly is town, we had scum-RB and scum-rolecop and no scum-doctor? both of which would show up guilty to a gunsmith? Is it normal to have a gunsmith in a normal setup without any false positive potential?
there's nothing in the Normal rules that says that a town gunsmith has to have false positives/negatives.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:42 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1453, Datisi wrote:
In post 1452, Battle Mage wrote:also just occurred to me that if Shelly is town, we had scum-RB and scum-rolecop and no scum-doctor? both of which would show up guilty to a gunsmith? Is it normal to have a gunsmith in a normal setup without any false positive potential?
there's nothing in the Normal rules that says that a town gunsmith has to have false positives/negatives.
lol I wasn't suggesting it would be against the rules - more a question of whether it is usually the case or not. I can't think I've ever seen it.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:45 am

Post by Datisi »

right lol sorry

i don't think it's ~usual~, but then again, up until like a month ago i didn't think anyone would ever design a bulletproof vengeful, so who knows
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:49 am

Post by Battle Mage »

to my question above, are we just going through the motions here? Or are you considering the possibility Shelly could be scum, if Mini isn't?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:54 am

Post by Datisi »

i'n considering shelly scum, you'll remember she was my strongest scumread day one and the feelings aren't 100% gone. i'm just kinda idling right now since it's mid-massclaim and mech > reads.
~M
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:49 am

Post by Iconeum »

In post 1450, shellyc wrote:pagetop
Datisi you claim and I'll go last
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:07 pm

Post by Datisi »

aight

so, i am a
town checker

here’s my crumb:
Spoiler:
In post 620, Datisi wrote:ico - so like. this just looks like
c
lassic town!ico that i’ve played the last god knows how many games with. (do you ever roll scum anymore?) didn’t see anything red-flagy, don’t feel like i’m being led astray, his reactions feel like they always do, etc, etc. i won’t waste time typing here.

ydrasse - if this is scum, i’mma
h
ate myself for falling into that pocket. the paranoia on me feels townie as it almost seems too... convoluted? illogical? for scum to make up. also feels decently solve-y for day one.

staarling - the tone is good,
e
ach post follows a clear train of thought... while i *could* see her being scum, i think it’s more likely she’s Just Town? i wish you posted more, though :c

george - he is like,
c
lose to null, maybe a smigde towards town. i cooould be getting fooled here because of haunted village, but... eh. i feel what he’s saying about mini, and for some reason, i feel like scum!george would’ve jumped on the shelly wagon there that was building? unless obviously they’re scumbuddies, but do i ever nail a scumteam on day one...

gypyx - first i
k
inda thought this would be much more towards town due to start-of-day tonal read thing, but as i was rereading his iso, i thought that’s the only thing he has going for him? like tonally he still feels more town than not, but he seems to have trailed off as the day is progressing. the only serious vote being on a at-the-time non-poster is... ehh.

iv - what
e
ven. fuck if i know. my first thought is to townbin people being purposefully difficult with me, becuase ~what is the scum motivation behind that~, and i got burned enough times by that.

mini -
r
ight, what exactly feels solvey here? i think ico said she’s commenting on what he’d expect her to, but i dunno chief, i just don’t see it. also the read on me feels like weird shading.

shelly -
i think i have explained my read here, like, a lot of times by this point, but two main things, again.
> townbins me, then takes me out of the townpool for “pocketing ydrasse”, a read that clearly didn’t make any sense given what happened.
> townbins me for going against the grain. later on shades me and calls it “weird” and asserts that she’s inclined to scumread people who have differing takes than her. i call her out beause she was townreading me for the *exact same thing* earlier, but no, that was situational (???) because the most of the game was scumreading gypyx at the time. (which is when she started townbinning me originally???)
(also apparently ico is disagreeable and that’s “another reason to townbin him” lmfao)

7th letter in the first para, 6th in the second, etc, and the 8th para starts with three dots because the word is only 7 letters long i’m sorry i tried

anyway:
on night one, i targeted shelly, and my check passed. i figured targeting (1) a scumread and (2) claimed PR was probably the best chance of getting a result that might not be completely useless (idk, if my check passed, and someone then claimed to be an alien on shelly on n1, i’d know they’re lying. still very situational, but eh.)

on day two, my first thought to shelly getting blocked was “lol yeah right”, however then i figured that the odds of that being true might be more likely than i first thought, because my role implies some sorta blocker in the game, which is what eventually made me give up on her push mid day two for the time being. (and also the knowledge that i was probably gonna hang in lylo if i pushed shelly through on day two and she flipped town gunsmith and that was not a gamble i was yet ready to do so)

on night two, after iv flipped red, i had a thought that if shelly is town, there might not be a mafia roleblocker at all, there might be a mafia rolestopper, since shelly did claim no result on a player who flipped scum (the logical mafia rolestop target).

my thinking was that if i target the same player as shelly, and if we both get “no result” (and then nobody claims something like a jailkeeper on me on n2) that that is probably +++town for that player, since it would mean they’re either rolestopped/alienated or ascetic/commuter. if there was *then* no public claim of blocking shelly on night 1, that would mean that either (1) the player we targeted on n2 is some sorta ascetic mafia rolestopper (which is unlikely) or (2) that player is town ascetic/rolestopped by scum, therefore much more likely to be town.

i figured it's all a probably ~somewhat~ unlikely course of events, but why not try, so i reskimmed d2 twilight, to try to figure out who gunsmith!shelly would target, found this post:
In post 1246, shellyc wrote:if i die tonight i would like to give my final solve as {staarling/IV} and {BM/mini}, leaning towards the latter in each bracket
and i targeted mini night 2.
In post 1278, shellyc wrote:N2 Checked BM, No Result
rip.

at least my check passed.

tldr, checker, n1 shelly, n2 mini, both passed. i *don't think* that tells me shit right now.

also, i think i may have caught dragon's loafs, but i'mma wait until it's official.
~M
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:13 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

what's a checker? i think in my country we call it a draught lol
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:15 pm

Post by Datisi »

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Checker

an investigative role that only learns whether their action succeeded or not
~M
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:19 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

eh, this is already too complicated for me haha, ill be back when the massclaim is done.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:39 pm

Post by shellyc »

ummmmmmm

I can see all three being in a setup together tbh, because I'm a cop (basically)
cop/doctor/vts/roleblocker/goon is supposedly balanced so + 1-shot rolecop and + checker should rebalance it as well???

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:41 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 1459, Datisi wrote:the player we targeted on n2 is some sorta ascetic mafia rolestopper
Lol throwback to *weird flavour game that you modded*

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:42 pm

Post by shellyc »

does that uh mean bm is probtown if its a rolestoppper

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:50 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 1465, shellyc wrote:does that uh mean bm is probtown if its a rolestoppper
i mean, *if* what is blocking you really is a scum rolestopper, then yes, i think that would mean BM is town (because otherwise he'd have to be an ascetic rolestopper and that is decently unlikely)

but like that is a big *if* you feel
~M
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:51 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 1466, Datisi wrote:i mean, *if* what is blocking you really is a scum rolestopper, then yes, i think that would mean BM is town (because otherwise he'd have to be an ascetic rolestopper and that is decently unlikely)

but like that is a big *if* you feel
ascetic m-mafia rolestopper

i still feel roleblocker is much more likely though, if it was rolestopper they'd prob kill me

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:52 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 1464, shellyc wrote:
In post 1459, Datisi wrote:the player we targeted on n2 is some sorta ascetic mafia rolestopper
Lol throwback to *weird flavour game that you modded*
yeah lol, when i was racking my brain on n2 trying to figure out if there was anything useful i could be doing, i thought of my own game and was like "ok but what if scum have rolestopper tho lol"

pedit: yeah i know, i was just playing along with the scenario
~M
Sirius9121
Sirius9121
Mafia Scum
Sirius9121
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:54 pm

Post by Sirius9121 »

MiniMegabyte has been prodded.
余命数か月ばかりの恋に点滴で扶養する患者達
被害者の甘い期待を弔い悔悟の機会を躊躇うドクター
所以など行方知らず未知の病巣に臥す患者達
発熱が死因 然れば早期に躊躇すべきだったと知る放火犯
MiniMegabyte
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:58 pm

Post by MiniMegabyte »

Sorry guys bit busy atm will post later
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:46 pm

Post by Iconeum »

Im a gated bulletproof

Unless important ill keep thé modified to myself
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:49 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 294, MiniMegabyte wrote:I’m going to read everything and catch up cause I didn’t even know dag had started
In post 494, MiniMegabyte wrote:I’ve just woken up I will catch up as soon as I can but I’m going to be at the hospital today but will jump on as soon as I can
In post 677, MiniMegabyte wrote:I’m on mobile right now and most of what I can see are pretty long posts so I’ll catch this game up when I get home
In post 804, MiniMegabyte wrote:Alrght im home I am going to catch up
In post 989, MiniMegabyte wrote:I’m off to hospital so I will get on when I can
In post 1031, MiniMegabyte wrote:Hey all just a heads up I’m in hospital with a fractured back and neck so if I’m not very active thats the reason
In post 1044, MiniMegabyte wrote:Been discharged from hospital will catch up when I can
In post 1072, MiniMegabyte wrote:
In post 1059, Datisi wrote:hi mini do you have reads at all
I have really missed i feel a lot of the game from being in hospital and even now i still cant move much or focus on things for a long period of time so i am slowly reading back
In post 1383, MiniMegabyte wrote:Not rightnow
In post 1409, MiniMegabyte wrote:Okay give me a couple hours then I’ll read the entire game
In post 1470, MiniMegabyte wrote:Sorry guys bit busy atm will post later
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:51 pm

Post by shellyc »

I just remembered that mini is hitting her "apologising for activity" scumtell

it happened in the scumgame i found and NOT in the towngames at all

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:53 pm

Post by shellyc »

Datisi - town checker
Ico - gated BP
shellyc - ungated gunsmith (equiv. to cop)
mini - ungated doctor

I think gated BP, town checker, and ungated GS would be enough power. ungated gunsmith + doc + BP is too much. probably scum between ico/mini and almost certainly mini

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”