Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:45 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Noraa, if you want to engage me atp, I reeeeaally suggest you take a good hard look at me again. Ground zero just got declassified, pal.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:46 am

Post by DoubtingThomas »

Spoiler:
In post 696, Battle Mage wrote:hi Noraa
In post 700, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 697, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Oh hi bm
hi Johnny

are you scum?

if not, who is scum?

did i claim yet?

if so, what? :shifty:
In post 701, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 699, superbowl9 wrote:BM is it time for us to team up again? Knowing you you'll think I rolled scum this game :lol:
*peeks out from covers* is A50 here too? :lol:
In post 703, Battle Mage wrote:superbowl, are we townblocking? i havent read anything yet, so early preview welcome!
In post 706, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 704, Chaos Triforce wrote:
In post 696, Battle Mage wrote:hi Noraa
BM!!!!!!!!

-excitednornor
<3 I'm excited to see you too, and also at peace with the fact you being here means I don't need to worry about anything after this dayphase. :lol:
In post 707, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 705, superbowl9 wrote:PLEASE because right now the townblock is weird gamma and 2 newbies
great, who are the newbies? and who are we elimming?
In post 712, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 711, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 633, Chaos Triforce wrote:Town!Taylor doesn't give two shits what anyone thinks about anything/anyone. Hmmmmmm.
thats true but i do caere about the game being fun due to limited toxicity. the game is currently not meeting that threshold.
don't worry, I'm here...to...uh....save the day? :lol:
In post 713, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 577, Guillotina wrote:
In post 571, PlusJOYED wrote:I see no reason to continue spending my freetime playing a forum game to be insulted by strangers on the internet who obsess on winning a game with no stakes behind it. I don't feel like I'm the only one who feels this game has become toxic either. I'm replacing out.
This is should get modkilled!
I hope i dont have to explain why.
what the fk is this? :facepalm:
In post 715, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 568, PlusJOYED wrote:this is the most toxic mafia game I've ever played
:lol: what an endorsement! no wonder Marashu was so keen to let me rep in...

I'm enjoying the read so far- will work my way through over the next couple of days.
In post 723, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 721, Guillotina wrote:Except Cat cause it got confused. Insert BlackMage there
what the fuck is with this 'black mage' crap? can we keep my ethnicity out of it, thanks :mad:
In post 725, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 723, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 721, Guillotina wrote:Except Cat cause it got confused. Insert BlackMage there
what the fuck is with this 'black mage' crap? can we keep my ethnicity out of it, thanks :mad:
oh yes, you were the one who tried to get my predecessor modkilled
In post 729, Battle Mage wrote:it's alright, seems there always one clever clogs in every game nowadays who thinks that shit is funny.
In post 788, Battle Mage wrote:Chaos is town.

I'm undecided on Guillotina - lots of examples of selective reading, bad faith arguments, and strawmanning, which would suggest scum. But the abrasive, confrontational and un-cooperative approach makes me think town. I don't think Guillotina-scum survives long in this game, so willing to give the benefit of the doubt for today at least.

My initial hero solve is Gamma-Tom-Aristo, although I haven't read all the way through yet.
In post 790, Battle Mage wrote:I sort of like the progression in Catboi's ISO, as it has the vibe of genuine solving. But it's also pretty cagey and not throwing a lot of shade.

Catboi - who are your top scumreads today?
In post 792, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 789, Guillotina wrote:
In post 787, Tayl0r Swift wrote:hmm thats an interesting interpretation of what i said
Is it? Tell me all about it.
if you're town, you don't do yourself any favours. :facepalm:
In post 795, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 793, Guillotina wrote:
In post 788, Battle Mage wrote:Chaos is town.

I'm undecided on Guillotina - lots of examples of selective reading, bad faith arguments, and strawmanning, which would suggest scum. But the abrasive, confrontational and un-cooperative approach makes me think town. I don't think Guillotina-scum survives long in this game, so willing to give the benefit of the doubt for today at least.

My initial hero solve is Gamma-Tom-Aristo, although I haven't read all the way through yet.
Also, can you explain to me what “stawmanning” is please?
strawmanning is when you suggest someone is making a particular argument, which they are not making, and then proceed to explain why that argument doesn't hold.
In post 797, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 794, Guillotina wrote:
In post 792, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 789, Guillotina wrote:
In post 787, Tayl0r Swift wrote:hmm thats an interesting interpretation of what i said
Is it? Tell me all about it.
if you're town, you don't do yourself any favours. :facepalm:
Yah? Why is that?
because you're arguing about sod all for the sake of it.
In post 798, Battle Mage wrote:can we all just compromise on a VOTE: pob long

I am sorry, but these are all the posts that you've said before trying to push pob long.

You made one post about being not sure on guillotina and you liking progression that catboi's made. you really think those are real reads? you had 20 posts before making that push on poblong, and all the other posts are you asking empty questions to not go off on additional questioning, making transparent thoughts or making friendly remarks.

sorry, but you didn't make reads, no. it's a fact.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:47 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 899, DoubtingThomas wrote:nice misrepresentation of my posts. that confirms that you don't really read posts.
an accurate representation, although others will be the judge. But you keep hiding behind the fact I repped in, and must not have read your posts (Spoiler: I have). And trying to bury my capability as a player to undermine me because you can't handle the scrutiny. In fact, you couldn't handle scrutiny on anyone outside of the 3 biggest wagons, but I guess you were most afraid of people looking further afield due to self-preservation.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:48 am

Post by DoubtingThomas »

I said you haven't done any solving at the point of you trying to push pob long for low efforting. that is a true statement because you've only tried any solving on me and that was even after I joined the thread and engaged YOU. not because you were really solving me. and it's very evident that you haven't read any of my posts.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:48 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 791, Guillotina wrote:bad scummy town.
I thought this was just rhetoric when you said it before but apparently you mean it. You seem to lean into this Slayer’s Gambit style of play. Do you not realize how much of a disadvantage socially leaning into this sort of personality puts you? I myself played similarly once and while I probably didn’t get yeeted a lot I also had a hard time making people trust the things I was saying.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:49 am

Post by DoubtingThomas »

it's funny that you say I couldn't handle the scrutiny on anynone outside of the 3 biggest wagons. lol. why would a scum!dt give any shit about towns trying to go wild and putting more people into the PoE? are you thinking clearly here?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:51 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 905, DoubtingThomas wrote:it's funny that you say I couldn't handle the scrutiny on anynone outside of the 3 biggest wagons. lol. why would a scum!dt give any shit about towns trying to go wild and putting more people into the PoE? are you thinking clearly here?
it depends who was in the PoE. If scumDT was quite happy with the pool of 3, as you obviously were, scumDT would naturally be scared of his teammates or even himself being put into the PoE. I'm baffled I actually have to explain that. :lol:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:53 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 903, DoubtingThomas wrote:I said you haven't done any solving at the point of you trying to push pob long for low efforting. that is a true statement because you've only tried any solving on me and that was even after I joined the thread and engaged YOU. not because you were really solving me. and
it's very evident that you haven't read any of my posts
eh, if you're gonna continue to be ridiculous, there's no point in me engaging you. it's inconceivable you're town at this point.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:53 am

Post by DoubtingThomas »

no. I would encourage more people to put more people in the PoE to stir further confusion, because having only 3 people in the PoE is a pretty terrible scum play.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:54 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 812, Guillotina wrote:I do have a low tolerance for coasting scum players too but pob long has not done anything to make me think he is either alignment. I'd rather wait to see if he gets substituted by someone who actually wanna play the game because that slot could be a town PR you know?

That said, i'd yeet him out of self preservation.
I don’t really have something like this on pob long, but wrt Ari I feel like he’s had a different vibe to my last game with him where he was quiet town, so essentially I’m more willing to yeet Ari over pob long if it comes down to those two.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:55 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

BM/DT what are you two talking about rn?
<Embrace The Void>

superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:55 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 875, Chaos Triforce wrote:why is everyone so convinced there is a vig? did I miss something?
It's literally any open game...
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:55 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 910, Gamma Emerald wrote:BM/DT what are you two talking about rn?
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING LIKE ALL CONVERSATIONS IN THIS DAMN GAME
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:56 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 820, Battle Mage wrote:Honest Thomas:

Spoiler:
In post 323, DoubtingThomas wrote:the ongoing one I
honestly
barely read anyone
In post 470, DoubtingThomas wrote: I
honestly
haven't been able to do anything besides defending myself from getting scum read
In post 211, DoubtingThomas wrote:
In post 204, DoubtingThomas wrote:
In post 153, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 150, DoubtingThomas wrote:
In post 144, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 128, DoubtingThomas wrote:5 pages of no real substance though isn't great
Why is it that this post happens every RVS ever played?? Why do people think they see no content (there is AI content in these pages so idek what ur on in the first place), then instead of generating content just complain about it and dip??? I never understand it
also probably because this site's meta for sod1 sucks? lol
So your approach to D1 is “sit back and let others do the work for me”. Good to know
how does this even make sense? i dont think you are understanding stuff correctly here or you arent communicating to me correctly
besides the fact that it's not true
In post 486, DoubtingThomas wrote: I really haven't read much,
tbh
. I really planned on trying to stay out of the thread
In post 148, DoubtingThomas wrote:
In post 89, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Snoooooooore

@guillotine where you played before did you scumread people who posted four pages of nothing?
I was responding to this post,
tbh
In post 213, DoubtingThomas wrote:
In post 148, DoubtingThomas wrote:
In post 89, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Snoooooooore

@guillotine where you played before did you scumread people who posted four pages of nothing?
I was responding to this post, tbh
I don't believe your push on me is real,
tbh
Maybe that’s how he is, his name is DOUBTINGThomas after all? But that is a good thing to call out still.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:57 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Pipe down, scum.
<Embrace The Void>

superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:58 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 897, Gamma Emerald wrote:I haven’t seen DT put his ego out into the thread like a bronzed horse turd
WHAT??? Are we reading the same posts??
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:59 am

Post by DoubtingThomas »

In post 897, Gamma Emerald wrote:I haven’t seen DT put his ego out into the thread like a bronzed horse turd, so that’s why I haven’t reacted will the same distaste towards him as towards you. Plus I HAVE played with him before, so I know him better than I know you. Inb4 some idiotic remark about “you posing a threat to me since I don’t know you”. I know DT as someone with a bit of a bitter temperament. Setting him off is something I think is bad for the game and myself. Obviously some people didn’t realize that and are now trying to act like DT is the one solely at fault.
I think this is a pretty townie defense of gamma. scum gamma could easily have at least made some sorts of push on me when I was getting heat, he hasn't and this explanation matches with my initial impression on gamma. maybe i am just pocketed by gamma for being the few that is actually defending me, but i think this is a pretty accurate analysis of what's been going on itt, as the three people that i've 'shit on' as some say all started with the other slot trying to push me for reasons i didn't understand. i think gamma making this analysis is less likely to come from a scum who is mainly focused on blending in and stirring confusion. could still be an SK, as they naturally play differently than how scums do, but i think gamma's play other than this has also been largely townie. don't understand what chaos take on gamma is either. i have a - at this point too much of a - firm scum candidates, so until they are flipped and proven to be town i am probably not re evaluating gamma
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:59 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 915, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 897, Gamma Emerald wrote:I haven’t seen DT put his ego out into the thread like a bronzed horse turd
:lol:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:00 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 916, DoubtingThomas wrote:maybe i am just pocketed by gamma for being the few that is actually defending me
you currently have 1 vote, and it's by a shit player called Battle Mage. Why the appeal to emotion here?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:03 am

Post by DoubtingThomas »

In post 918, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 916, DoubtingThomas wrote:maybe i am just pocketed by gamma for being the few that is actually defending me
you currently have 1 vote, and it's by a shit player called Battle Mage. Why the appeal to emotion here?
defending here is not just about being scum read. your predecessor and superb has also largely pushed me, even calling out for a policy lim for superb which gamma also has disagreed with superb on

the others haven't really expressed any strong stance on me otherwise tohugh, meaning they haven't defended me.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:03 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 915, superbowl9 wrote:
I might have overlooked something idk. DT does seem to post bricks of text. But guillo’s at least was blatantly obvious to the point it couldn’t be missed. If going with the pre-established metaphor, DT is basically showing you around his place and has the bronzed turd sitting on a cluttered shelf. It’s there, just not as apparent.
<Embrace The Void>

Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:04 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 892, Battle Mage wrote:The bottom line is, be nice to people, and they'll be nice to you. If you act like a shit, people will treat you like one.
+1
lets all be positive and sunny :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

-nornor
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:05 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 845, DoubtingThomas wrote:someone else besides superb (cuz i am not talking to them anymore) point to any real scum reads that superb has had? he's called for me and guillo's policy lim and then now a 'compromise' on pob long? lol why is this town again?
Yeah superb actually sorted in my last game with him and did at least okay at it. That’s why I asked if I am overrating his skill earlier.
<Embrace The Void>

DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:07 am

Post by DoubtingThomas »

still waiting on someone to post superb's scum reads besides calling for policy lim on me and guillo and then now trying to compromise on pob long, btw
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:08 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 895, DoubtingThomas wrote:you scum.
I just realized something. Plus looked really towny from the doubtingxPlus interaction. Doubting had plus in their SRs and then dropped it for no reason and replaced our hydra in. Originally, we weren't there. Doubting does seem to be very go-with-the-flow-y. I'll be consulting with my other head soon.

-nornor
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE

Return to “Completed Open Games”