The Pelican Brief
Goon
The Pelican Brief
Goon
Goon

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:44 am

Post by The Pelican Brief »

I forgot what I was gonna say probably that I need coffe

I am conferring with Titus soon on focus pools and reads at this stage of the day phase.

Bye for likely a few hours

~taly
Hydra of Titus and Taly
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:58 am

Post by Gypyx »

UNVOTE:

Giving time to TBP to make their post
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:28 am

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 824, The Pelican Brief wrote:Hey hey hey
I want vax to answer my analysis.
I also have a few things to say to people but I got morning classes.

Can we at least give this day to solve and talk more? I'm talking like 12 hours.

I unvoted with Titus to help do a sorting exercise reaction test but I also don't trust many slots with the hammer. (Tbf I don't really trust anyone with a hammer in games but)

I am just too used to from rushed day ends and lolhammers.

~Taly phone posting with no bold at 5:35 AM
I won't hammer unless Vax refuses to claim in his next post.
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:29 am

Post by BrightEyedFish »

VOTE: vaxkiller

Nope, got to keep the F-1 pressure on.
The Pelican Brief
The Pelican Brief
Goon
The Pelican Brief
Goon
Goon

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:46 am

going to pump out all my replies here

YO
IRCHER
YOU'RE FIRST UP.

In post 664, Ircher wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 440, Happy Unbirthday Boon wrote:No it's based on disliking several different points Taly has made and not seeing a lot there that I like despite volume. I don't feel like walling tonight, but basically I have a pretty easy time seeing almost every post Taly has made as coming from scum. Titus's posts could go either way but aren't particularly townie
I largely agree with this sentiment.
In post 448, Happy Unbirthday Boon wrote:
In post 133, The Pelican Brief wrote:Those posts were meant to feel unnatural, I'm grasping for a handle on any slot right now read-wise.
In post 145, The Pelican Brief wrote: I don't like that your focus here is to state that my posts were scummy without actually explaining what the issue you found with them was.

My reply about those posts came
after
your vote.

~Taly
In 133 Taly says he made deliberately unnatural/scummy posts but then acts like I need to explain why the posts he says he crafted to be scummy are scummy

this is not how town plays
Yes, I agree that this felt more of a "you're scum regardless of what you do" kind of thing, and it didn't vibe with me at all.
In post 448, Happy Unbirthday Boon wrote:switching to Samantha because why?
Yeah, it was very sudden and unexplained. Hence, I pointed this out earlier, and did not really get a satisfactory response to the question.
In post 448, Happy Unbirthday Boon wrote:idk this just seems random for day 1, why is Taly posting so much scum meta? this comes out of nowhere and feels like overcompensating

This is my top scumread by far
Yeah, the meta thing also just appeared out of nowhere, and it did not leave a good impression.
In post 454, The Pelican Brief wrote:"Scummy" was never used as a term, don't twist it that way.

I wanted to see how people would react, so I make statements that aren't committal to see how people interpret them.
Regardless of this fact, these so called reaction tests are not at all reliable because both town and scum are going to call you out for it, and justifiably so. How did you expect this to help you distinguish between town and scum?
In post 454, The Pelican Brief wrote:Yeah, it was a to get YOU to post something to the effect of 448 200 posts earlier, without the necessity for ET to pull your teeth for it after you talk around me. (Page 18)
While subtlety can be useful in some cases, I don't think this is a case where it was useful. We are not mind-readers; some things have to be laid out explicitly.
In post 454, The Pelican Brief wrote:Titus had pings with Sam's posts, so I leaned in on that for the vote whenever Sam chalked the "likely story" post up to a joke 279 because I figured her intention of the wagon might not have been to get BEF to spew because her scumread on him was based around a lack of content. Since she dismissed BEF and never really followed up on him, I thought it possible that her wagon is scum-led. I thought she'd be more present in this thread to resolve her reads by now, and interaction with BEF.
Like I said above, I agree that was kinda bad from samantha and a little bit overly dismissive. That said, samantha expressed legitimate concerns earlier as well, and BrightEyedFish had done nothing to make one reconsider.
In post 454, The Pelican Brief wrote:Because, HBB said he never saw scum-me, and I linked all my scum games so he can evaluate them.
They did not explicitly ask you to link all these games though, now did they? It still seems a bit random and unnecessary.
In post 469, Gamma Emerald wrote:Like I really feel like the cagey way they claimed neg-utility is a very towny way to do it, especially if I'm right about something else, something that will probably not be clarifiable until D3.
Oh okay, you gave your reason in the next post. This doesn't really convince me, but to each their own I guess.
---
I'm dividing this into two posts because I know this one is pretty long already.
Each numbered point is a different post in this wall that I'm responding to.

1)
It pings me that you agree with
HUB
but you're not engaging with my posts about it. Alongside
HUB's
votepark + sidestep of this slot, it feels like a positioning tactic. Like you're letting
HUB
do work for you.
2)
Quote 1
. OK. I can see why you and
HUB
interpreted that about my post.

My thought process in was that
HUB
entered with a genuine, scumread vote in (), but his explanation in was about recent posts I made like in . So I interpreted his scumread of me to be detailing a narrative on my posts and slot and I read that as solving in poor faith.

The other side to that was the claim shade. Read
Point 9
for a detailed explanation of my POV there. referred to this specific interaction with
HUB
, as well.
3)
Quote 2
I'm posting scum meta because it's implied that my town meta is in every other game... Not many of this plist is familiar with me, so I'm giving them more context to read me.
4)
Quote 3
Both heads wanted to follow a slot we both were pinged on, both heads place votes to solve alongside pressure and wagon.
5)
Quote 1
... well, it's been damn-near 800 posts and we're still talking about my entrance , , and

I'd say I'm getting good solving content out of that entrance. Hate it to break it to you
Ircher
;), I'm not tunneling you, I'm still sorting you despite having a read on you already.
6)
Quote 2
, another valid point from both of your slots.

I get that I didn't pass the vibe check and I wasn't coherent with my thought, but my issue was that
HUB
had to have OTHER people engage with HIM to get content on our slot. It feels disingenuous given he hasn't outlined other scumreads or many other townreads.
7)
Quote 3
This is more like a question to you, what do you think of
Ydrasse's
posts about you and
Sam
in ?
8)
Quote 4
May be less random and unnecessary if you actually utilized the game links to solve me. :D Not that you need to if that's not your style, but that's a thought.
9)
I'm less interested in what the thought process was. It's weird that a detailed, nuanced claim D1 is being quickly painted as potential scum based on its presentation. That's rolefishy imo, because
Titus/I
gave an abundant amount of information on our slot (, , ) and to uproot its integrity by scumreading the player's claim outright is to
seek more information from the claim
. That contributes to my read on
HUB
Ircher
. Not that I think you're doing that with the commentary on
Gamma's
post here, but this is my stance.

I get that this final point about the claim may be a miscommunication in perceiving
HUB's
intention, but that was my thinking in .
In post 667, Ircher wrote: BEF and samantha are both currently in my "do not fade D1" category for various ~reasons~.
I was going question this progression but I came to the same conclusion on
Sam/BEF
last night so it would be hypocritical to say anything but,
"interesting take,
ircher *uncomfortable slurpy slurp slurp* noises
"

In post 812, Ircher wrote:
In post 767, The Pelican Brief wrote:popping in because
titus
wanted me to bring up points i mentioned in our PT

yo
vax
i got a few pings with your posts, your entry spew is not making much sense to me.

1)
you haven't really given reads
vax
, you've pushbacked on multiple players sus'ing your slot
(re: in full length)
, or you're inquiring other people's positions on reads alongside questioning your own stances
Spoiler:
In post 721, Vaxkiller wrote:VOTE: Samantha

I don't see scum motivation in golden paradoxes one track mind to lynch a replacement. Weird an annoying maybe, but it feels town to me.
In post 723, Vaxkiller wrote:@pelican

You really htink there is scum motivation in TGP?
In post 722, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 717, Happy Birthday Boonskiies wrote:big fan of Falling For A Lullaby, Ydrasse. did you sing it yourself?

also a really big fan of Ircher
Im a huge fan of ircher, but he doesnt hit me in the town feels this game.
In post 724, Vaxkiller wrote:I'm retract me earlier statement on Ircher and want to think on this some more.
In post 725, Vaxkiller wrote:Re-reading stuff.

I really dislike Endless terror on this page.

it's not very clear what your understanding or assessment of the game is.

2)
your defense of the wagon so far mainly relies in discrediting
titus'
coherency with the hammer
Spoiler:
In post 731, Vaxkiller wrote:Sounds like you lining up lynches. I do not like this. I do not see the scum motivation in TGP pushing me so hard, but your lining up lynches concerns me.
In post 732, Vaxkiller wrote:@Titus, look at the previous page. Are you really telling me it doesnt give you the willies? And your going to vote me and then spend your time working on TGP tomorrow?
In post 740, Vaxkiller wrote:I feel like Titus is just going to hammer this. Look into them please. I dont like how they are lining up lynches, but im not 100% convinced they are scum.

My one request would be, dont let them lead us.

feeling icky about this take, because your first reaction to an intention to hammer is to shade whoever introduces the possibility, you are also not evaluating the majority of other votes and your minimization of
titus'
input and read progression is manipulative in the sense that you're arguing the perception
titus
has of the game,
not the vote she has on you.

3)
hyperbolic tone
(least important point/question here)

Spoiler:
In post 728, Vaxkiller wrote:My god, I hate the whole previous page.
In post 733, Vaxkiller wrote:This is all sillyness.

sure, your rage is valid and understandable regardless of your alignment.

but i dont think your posts are productive here.

this is probably a nitpick on my part so you can just ignore.

4)
why does
ircher
-scum depend on
bell
-town? actual question.
In post 738, Vaxkiller wrote:For some reason I thought bell was part of that hydra.

I'll look at bell in a bit, im not really concered about ircher.

Is bell so town that it would make ircher scum?
to be fair, im not keen on
Sam's
vote on you either but thats not what im talking about here.

gamma/ircher/gypyx/taylor(ET)
ill get to your guys' assessments/questions and for
tay
i had a comment about a post you made and this post is a reminder for me.

~taly
I actually like this post, but to answer 4), I don't Vaxkiller is saying my alignment is tied to Bell's. Rather, they're inquiring about Endless's comment that I am scum because Bell is so obviously town.

~Ircher
Ircher
, hon, if I wanted your perspective on a potentially manufactured TvS dichotomy comment that you're involved in, I'd be asking you by now :)

But thanks for your commentary, probably good to look for me to look back on D2 if
Titus/I
aren't yeeted into oblivion.

(This comment is truthful but the tone is meant in good fun. Not trying to dismiss you
<3
, it's just the main point I want
Vax
to answer from my analysis before any lim happens.)

~taly
Hydra of Titus and Taly
The Pelican Brief
The Pelican Brief
Goon
The Pelican Brief
Goon
Goon

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:47 am

my god that was an involved post

ill get to other replies soon

ircher
im not wanting a wall-to-wall encounter here. im just clarifying my position and im open to hearing any length of your response.

~taly
Hydra of Titus and Taly
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:57 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 812, Ircher wrote:Also, this post feels really faked. Like really faked. The typos especially contribute to the feeling of fakery because you have no typos in any of your other posts.
That's a really good point about the typos. I feel like some typo-analysis is warranted here.
In post 776, Vaxkiller wrote:DAMNIT. Why?

I'm not scum. After talking all about how we were going to go slow and get everyone on
teh
record? WTF? You even went through a long list of questions, and you know, maybe if I got to play for more than 24 hours... I could ahve answered them!!!! Like Why?

So muhc of that analysis seems town to me, but then you just pull the trigger. THis is why im not sure about you. You worried me with the "intent" and then you jsut wnet and did it.
- Our first typo. I tried searching for "teh" in Vaxkiller's entire post history, but it doesn't let you search for single word terms. So instead, I CTR+F-ed for the use of "teh" in his last two games. Imagine my shock and horror when I found ZERO instances of "teh" in
worst Idea Mafia - Game Over!
and
One Night Ultimate Ultimate Werewolf - Game Over

This suggests Vax does not normally make this typo, but has managed to on TWO occasions in this game.
That's right, I am NOT messing with you here. This is not the first time Vax has spelled "the" as "teh" in this game. Preceding the post above, he makes the error here:
In post 745, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 742, The Pelican Brief wrote:You should claim.

~Titus
I don't think so.

@gamma

Lol my reaction? I just joined a game that was in progress that I wanted to play in from teh start, only to already have a wagon on me and now titus is just going to hammer regardless of anything I say or do and my only hope is that someone else unvotes me before hand.

Reason for my lynch
-policy
-associations (with no flips even yet!)
-my "reaction" what ever the fuck that is

like WTF

AND to top it off im not scum. at least if I was I would have some fun writing this.
Did you spot it? It can be easy to miss if you're not paying close attention. I will happily help those of you that are new to mafia, and handily magnify the text:
In post 745, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 742, The Pelican Brief wrote:You should claim.

~Titus
I don't think so.

@gamma

Lol my reaction? I just joined a game that was in progress that I wanted to play in from
teh
start, only to already have a wagon on me and now titus is just going to hammer regardless of anything I say or do and my only hope is that someone else unvotes me before hand.

Reason for my lynch
-policy
-associations (with no flips even yet!)
-my "reaction" what ever the fuck that is

like WTF

AND to top it off im not scum. at least if I was I would have some fun writing this.
This is extremely incriminating for Vaxkiller. If I were him, I'd be feeling very embarrassed at this point. Crime never pays, and it especially doesn't when you start pretending to spell "the" as "teh".

Not convinced yet? Understandable, you want HARD evidence, and teh teh-case just isn't doing it for you. Fair enough, let's go back to the post in question, shall we?

I'm not scum. After talking all about how we were going to go slow and get everyone on teh record? WTF? You even went through a long list of questions, and you know, maybe if I got to play for more than 24 hours... I could ahve answered them!!!! Like Why?

So
muhc
of that analysis seems town to me, but then you just pull the trigger. THis is why im not sure about you. You worried me with the "intent" and then you jsut wnet and did it.
- This is the second part of my case, and the glue which makes it all stick together. He's misspelled "much" as "muhc". Is Vax trying to say the analysis has muck? Perhaps he is simply trying to fire some shots here, and this is a mere misunderstanding. In that case, why isn't Vaxkiller dropping some :igmeou: emojis? Everyone knows that it's standard practice when you're angry or annoyed and calling someone mucky, that you need to drop 1 or 2 :igmeou:s. The lack of them is really not a good look here for Vaxkiller.

I searched for the use of the term "muhc" and there are ZERO mentions in both of his previously completed games. Unbelievable.

And FINALLY, we have the real MEAT of the case. If you're still somehow not convinced, this will really seal the deal:

I'm not scum. After talking all about how we were going to go slow and get everyone on teh record? WTF? You even went through a long list of questions, and you know, maybe if I got to play for more than 24 hours... I could ahve answered them!!!! Like Why?

So muhc of that analysis seems town to me, but then you just pull the trigger. THis is why im not sure about you. You worried me with the "intent" and then you
jsut wnet
and did it.
- Do you see those beautiful words in brilliant blue? They honestly bring tears to my eyes. "words" is a very generous term here, since neither actually qualify as ones in the Oxford dictionary. Vaxkiller has not just made 1 typo here, but TWO in CONSECUTIVE FASHION. I am capitalising these words to show you just how wrong this is. Like, one typo because you're passionate and frustrated you've been hammered? Fine, I might buy it. But TWO in quick succession like this? Nah, I'm sorry, Vaxkiller, but there's a limit to theatre, and you're just not fooling me with these outlandish theatrics.

Oh, and "jsut" and "wnet" are not typos he's used in either of those two previous games.

This sums up my
Vaxkiller-scumcase
. It's airtight, and I really doubt anyone can poke any holes in this.

Hammer Vaxkiller without mercy (before or after a claim, I don't really care), and you will earn a Happy Birthday from I. There is no greater reward.
The Pelican Brief
The Pelican Brief
Goon
The Pelican Brief
Goon
Goon

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:01 am

you know, i can jsut get the rest of these tohughts out of the wayayayayay
In post 677, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 665, Gamma Emerald wrote:That Ircher wall looks pretty decent tbh
pocketing fluffpost that contributes nothing
who was
ircher
trying to pocket in ?
In post 689, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 626, The Pelican Brief wrote:I'm looking for at least 2, maybe 3 more townies in this pool for a strong D1 solve.
What’s your plan to sort those slots?
what im doing now

going along with
titus
big brain approaches

group ISOing still but i may not pump my analysis before EoD1 D: maybe thats a good thing tho so its more accurate?
SPEWING LIKE HELL BOI FUCK YEAH

i hope i strike fear, excitement, and/or confusion in all of you
In post 706, Endless Terror wrote:I’m quite sure there’s scum in {TGP/Vax}, dislike TGP angling but don’t think vax/TGP is a thing atm
-shelly
why is
TGP
likelier town then?
In post 718, Gypyx wrote:
In post 624, The Pelican Brief wrote:
In post 604, Endless Terror wrote:
In post 599, Ydrasse wrote:trying to foster goodwill i guess? it goes both ways but for me it feels like something that is so obvious in how it's played out. that's bold as hell if it is scum and i don't know if bef would do something like that
*deep breath*

this is the progression
BEF a day ago: ET IS SCUM (we already claimed ascetic [REDACTED] at that point)
BEF a day later: eh ok ET we are working with you we will untunnel you
us: whys that
BEF: "Well assuming you are town, I would not want you to tunnel another town.
If you are scum then this is all for naught anyways."
us: do you scumread us then?
BEF: No, but I'm not locktowning you either.

this is such a dodgy and fencesitting response to all our questions and finally saying "GTH town" in the end. while not really fleshing it out either.

-shelly
Shoutout, I feel this post, I'm going to reread
BEF
again, I keep gut townleaning due to tone and stances that I don't benefit scum here? But I do want to reread.

I encourage
Gypyx
to talk to me about his reread of the slot.

~Taly
Well after rereading i think BEF is nullscum, the stances are kinda town as you pointed out, but i think scum!BEF could have those, depending on his skill as scum

I'm also not a fan of the way he softed PR
kind of a moot point but im feeling good with
BEF
, interesting that you think it could be scum still, how experienced are you with
BEF
?

i think i know what you mean by the soft but ill shelve it here.

he made like 2 or 3 posts townreading people early game and is jumping on the most popular lim wagon while nodding with others.

thats not necessarily scum, but im weary.

if the analysis isn't too much to reply to, why is
TGP's
vote/push here town to you?
In post 774, Gamma Emerald wrote:That seems like a personal issue, could it just be that he feels rubbed the wrong way by you and is avoiding interacting because of that? For the lack of reads, I can't really speak to how much I see that, or whether I agree with the scumminess of such a thing. He seems decently probing in a way I think is good, at least? Like, I do see the poking others but think that might be townier than you do? It kinda feels like he's taking the responsible approach for the scenario you state him to be in. I guess our disconnect on Ircher seems to be that you are basing your thoughts on the "what" of his play, whilst I'm interested in the "why".
ugggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i want people to explain the townreads on
HUB

kind of mentioned this in
ircher's
post but its really weird for
HUB
to votepark on us while saying he is still solving? maybe its a playstyle clash but his position on us is functionally a tunnel but its not presented that way?

what am i misinterpreting with this slot? this is a better question, i think.
In post 789, Gamma Emerald wrote:btw breakdown of Ircher's samantha defense coming soon
encourage to pump this out before hammer but take your time :P

~taly

p-edit

OOO
OOO
OOO
OOOO
OOO!
!!!!
Hydra of Titus and Taly
The Pelican Brief
The Pelican Brief
Goon
The Pelican Brief
Goon
Goon

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:10 am

damn i didnt know
boon
had a mario themed game

~taly
Hydra of Titus and Taly
Happy Birthday Boonskiies
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:12 am

Post by Happy Birthday Boonskiies »

Can we ban whoever that was? They shouldn't be posting if they're not in this game.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:14 am

Post by Gypyx »

Lmao nice altslip

Pedit : that must've been the secret 16th player chill out guys
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:33 am

I'm looking forward to analysing all these votes tomorrow after we get Vax's scumflip, very exciting stuff. I won't start
preflip analysing
, but I'm tempted to..
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:35 am

Huh, NicoRobin is a slot in this game who still only has 2 posts

NICOROBIN NICOROBIN NICOROBIN

Maybe she just needs people to repeat her name to charge up her motivation to play
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:41 am

Taly, what do you think of the way HUB approached the Tsunami/Vax wagon? I'm in two minds about it.

On one hand, he didn't bus and continued to say the slot is probably town, which is a weird way to treat a doomed partner, but on the other, his loss of motivation would fit how a scum partner would feel about Tsunami's slot getting heat for the reasons that it did.
The Pelican Brief
The Pelican Brief
Goon
The Pelican Brief
Goon
Goon

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:57 am

In post 839, Happy Birthday Boonskiies wrote:Taly, what do you think of the way HUB approached the Tsunami/Vax wagon? I'm in two minds about it.

On one hand, he didn't bus and continued to say the slot is probably town, which is a weird way to treat a doomed partner
, but on the other, his loss of motivation would fit how a scum partner would feel about Tsunami's slot getting heat for the reasons that it did.
im a tiny bit fucked up over because i think the former point (the bolded) you mention here is a point in favor of a T/S dynamic, even though i scumread both individually.

i didnt want to mention this thought process unless someone asked me about it because im unsatisfied with this notion, my
Group-Scum Reads V Individual-Scum Reads
are not very aligned right now, but to even have these types of reads are really good for me gamesolve wise given thats it is D1.

but yeah, T/S most likely dynamic, S/S second likely, T/T i hope this is not the game we are playing omfg

if im wrong on either slot im going to have to reevaluate quite a few things in this game (including the T/T option)
not specifying what to ill look at to avoid
WIFOM/waffle galore

~taly
Hydra of Titus and Taly
The Pelican Brief
The Pelican Brief
Goon
The Pelican Brief
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:58 am

ok yeah wow

class in 30 minutes, bye for real

~taly
Hydra of Titus and Taly
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:54 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

Hey im writing, please wait. I'll ahve a bunch of posts but the first one is a response to TPB and its a long one. Prolly a bunch of short ones to follow... all while working.

incomming....
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:18 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

Spoiler:
In post 767, The Pelican Brief wrote:popping in because
titus
wanted me to bring up points i mentioned in our PT

yo
vax
i got a few pings with your posts, your entry spew is not making much sense to me.

1)
you haven't really given reads
vax
, you've pushbacked on multiple players sus'ing your slot
(re: in full length)
, or you're inquiring other people's positions on reads alongside questioning your own stances
Spoiler:
In post 721, Vaxkiller wrote:VOTE: Samantha

I don't see scum motivation in golden paradoxes one track mind to lynch a replacement. Weird an annoying maybe, but it feels town to me.

In post 722, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 717, Happy Birthday Boonskiies wrote:big fan of Falling For A Lullaby, Ydrasse. did you sing it yourself?

also a really big fan of Ircher
Im a huge fan of ircher, but he doesnt hit me in the town feels this game.
In post 724, Vaxkiller wrote:I'm retract me earlier statement on Ircher and want to think on this some more.
In post 725, Vaxkiller wrote:Re-reading stuff.

I really dislike Endless terror on this page.

it's not very clear what your understanding or assessment of the game is.

2)
your defense of the wagon so far mainly relies in discrediting
titus'
coherency with the hammer
Spoiler:
In post 731, Vaxkiller wrote:Sounds like you lining up lynches. I do not like this. I do not see the scum motivation in TGP pushing me so hard, but your lining up lynches concerns me.
In post 732, Vaxkiller wrote:@Titus, look at the previous page. Are you really telling me it doesnt give you the willies? And your going to vote me and then spend your time working on TGP tomorrow?
In post 740, Vaxkiller wrote:I feel like Titus is just going to hammer this. Look into them please. I dont like how they are lining up lynches, but im not 100% convinced they are scum.

My one request would be, dont let them lead us.

feeling icky about this take, because your first reaction to an intention to hammer is to shade whoever introduces the possibility, you are also not evaluating the majority of other votes and your minimization of
titus'
input and read progression is manipulative in the sense that you're arguing the perception
titus
has of the game,
not the vote she has on you.

3)
hyperbolic tone
(least important point/question here)

Spoiler:
In post 728, Vaxkiller wrote:My god, I hate the whole previous page.
In post 733, Vaxkiller wrote:This is all sillyness.

sure, your rage is valid and understandable regardless of your alignment.

but i dont think your posts are productive here.

this is probably a nitpick on my part so you can just ignore.

4)
why does
ircher
-scum depend on
bell
-town? actual question.
In post 738, Vaxkiller wrote:For some reason I thought bell was part of that hydra.

I'll look at bell in a bit, im not really concered about ircher.

Is bell so town that it would make ircher scum?
to be fair, im not keen on
Sam's
vote on you either but thats not what im talking about here.

gamma/ircher/gypyx/taylor(ET)
ill get to your guys' assessments/questions and for
tay
i had a comment about a post you made and this post is a reminder for me.

~taly

1. No I havent given to many reads. I just started the game into a slot where people already have preconceived notions about. I started playing the game mostly ignoring the votes on me and giving thoughts.

I always question my stances and I'm flow of consciousness style of writing. I dont write every single thought I have, but, as you can see, Im wavering on him. You yourself are waffling on me. At this point I wanted to say maybe this could is jsut be theatre from you, but upon further reflection while writing this. It can't be. It just cant. You have carte blanche to do wahtever you want, and you could have jsut pushed for my lynch without more information and I really cant see how you could not be town.

My assessment of the game? What would your assessment be if thrown into my slot? I started playing and giving thoughts, and then everyone jumped declared my slot is scum. I feel like I've been giving no time to develop my own reads and im only having knee jerk reactions to people reacting to my own slot. It's part of the reason im so unsure about everyone.

2. My first thought was to throw suspicion on the intent to hammer! Why wouldn't it be? If I'm scum and die, what would the point be? What would me "shading" you do? I'm town and the intent to hammer along with me being given almost no time has left me very suspicious!

Your right, im not evaluating the other votes. I have a tendency to address with what is in front of me at the time and also what is most pressing. You were there at that moment and could change the outcome.

3. You labeled it not important so im not going to go into too much detail, but don't you get upset when people dont see the things the way you do?

4. Im going to create a whole separate post about my internal dialogue of the page I talked about before. Every single post had me going down a rabbits hole

Games played.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:19 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

Well.... that spoiler thingy got wrecked....

Games played.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:27 am

In post 842, Vaxkiller wrote:ahve
the nerve
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:45 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 822, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 764, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 763, Vaxkiller wrote:Yea, you and gamma we heard from, but I want to hear everyone else's reasoning on the record.
I also support this
As I said, I want the wagon well defined. BEF knows I have pushed for this before btw, so I think he should be able to back my mindset up to people like Tay who are FoSing me for both pushing Vax and trying to pick at the Vax voters.

I feel comfortable in putting Gamma in my town block.
Yeah man
I gotchu
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:46 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 836, Gypyx wrote:Lmao nice altslip

OH MY GOD NO FUCK SHIT HELL
please tell me you know what foolishness you've just invoked.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:52 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 847, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 836, Gypyx wrote:Lmao nice altslip

OH MY GOD NO FUCK SHIT HELL
please tell me you know what foolishness you've just invoked.
Did i just accidentally summon cthulu?

bottom text
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:54 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

My Page 29 thoughts

Post 700

Post 701
Basically invalidates me. I start to get upset.

Post 702
Voice of reason.

Post 703
Not game relevant

Post 704
Argues for policy lynches, (has this changed since ive been gone? This has always been a bad idea)
Anger rising.

Post 705
I read this post as "im scum reading ircher for scum reading me" which is just weird.

Post 706
Going into this post im leaning town on TGP because he has given such a hard stance with like 0 reason. Hes convinced im scum and gived 0 fucks. It jsut seemed... too brazen for scum? Like I would flip and he would be under scrutiny - which is something town doesnt really think about but scum would.
Now Endless is scum reading the both of us? He goes on to say we cant be scum together, but one of us is scum. My alarm bells are going off again. Lining up lynches again. More associations.
This post raised my anger too. How does no one see all this?

Post 707
TGP thoughts, yea ok.

gives scum reads.
I'm leaning scum on him at this point, but... hes scum reading some of the same people i am. Great, now how does all this fit, but I dont understand what that means for my own reads.

Post 708
Same as above

Post 709
-

Post 710
I'm not sure what samantha is talking about

Post 711
Blatant misrep.
Anger rising.

Post 712-15
Not game relevant

Post 716
A criticism that I have not produced enough thoughts for reading and posting for a few hours.

The rest of the posts on that page have little to do with what made me so upset.

When i talk about lining up lynches, this is how I see it. The 2 people that are listed there, I'm seeing as town, and people are making associations with 2 people where they go "1 of these must be scum" ... so one flips town and it lines up the next days lynch, because "I told you one of them must be scum" then day 3 rolls around and "whoops, guess I was wrong".

Games played.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”