Mini Normal 2174 | Korean Pop Music | Mafia Wins!

Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:19 pm

Post by Glitch »

PlusJOYED (7) - derp, JohnnyFarrar, Glitch, Hiraki, Flubbernugget, Noraa, Hopkirk

Keita (6) - JohnnyFarrar, Staarling, The Slime Collective, Noraa, Glitch, nopointinactingup

So the lynch pools together minus dead people, me, and Hopkirk leaves:

derp, Johnny, Flub, Noraa, Staarling, nopo

This is my pool today. I know it's wide but that's where I'm at. I like the nopo slot, Staarling is null, and deep pings me as scummy and towny back and forth.

I want to understand the case on flub. Can someone link to a summary or make a quick one?
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:29 pm

Post by Trendall »

'Vote Count Analysis' proves to be a complete waste of time once again.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:56 pm

Post by Noraa »

VCA is stupid. its based solely on how good one's reads are and that's ridiculous.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:53 pm

Post by nopointinactingup »

Catching up posts:

I liked derp's thought process at the beginning even though it's a pain to process.

I'm not sure what derp's case on Noraa is but Nora's OMGUS and Glitch buddying was anti-town at best.

Noraa having a null read on Flubber doesn't seem that scummy. I have similar thoughts on Flubber, he's slightly leaning town for me only because we've had similar reads.

I don't like Hopkirk's push on Noraa in 1028. The Keita wagon was literally the only option at the end of D2 and what Hop does feels like shaming/bullying. Also, this and the royalty part really smells like scum theatre.

Hopkirk's case on Flubber at 968 is not impressive. Pretty much the same points can be made about Trendall with the exception of the fact that when and only when pressured, Trendall actually make an effort in this game, which is even scummier. He said more in one post defending himself than the rest of his posts combined.

Nora saying my set-up speculation is weird IS weird. Didn't she literally say she liked it before.

Not sure what to think about Hopkirk's 180 on me then deriding me as confused. Does he think that's supposed to get him on my good side?

Glitch's posts sound townish, I don't think scum would make an effort in this situation. Not sure how I feel about both Derp and Glitch completely disregarding the fact that Trendall was on the Keita wagon at the end there.

Feels like Trendall is the best lynch here since Hopkirk is off the table for most. Scummy in both VCA and playstyle. Flip would also clarify alignment of Nora, Glitch and Flubber more
VOTE: Trendall
Justice will prevail
\m/
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:17 pm

In post 1103, Hopkirk wrote: If you were a doctor enabler, had seen no game had EVER had two doctors in it before, and there are two doctor claims then are you going to either
a.) 100% sure there must be two doctors in this game with no reasons to support this
b.) Think the first doctor claim is a claim from scum who got caught out by a counterclaim (this happens all the time in mafia)

The fact that you're considering b as literally 0% likely makes everything you say hard conf.bias and objectively bad. There's a very clear reason for town DE to vote what he thinks is probably a fakeclaim. Why is it LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE that town-Hop thinks that PJ is probably scum that got caught out on a fakeclaim? You have said this outright because you can't see 'any plausible' alternative your your theory.
b by itself is possible of course. But how can you think the first doctor claim is from scum when:
- They are the first to claim doc. How does scum know this is a doc set-up?
- You caught a breadbrumb from the first doctor claim. That supposed to significantly increase the chance that person is really doc.
In post 1103, Hopkirk wrote: - PJ immediately said that he hadn't softclaimed. Scum and town PJ both say that because scum PJ doesn't want to say 'yes' because he didn't and doesn't want to get caught out, while town PJ doesn't want to say 'yes' because he didn't and doesn't want to lie.
Do you think scum would not take credit for a supposed softclaim that make their claim more believable?
In post 1103, Hopkirk wrote: - I vote PJ because a counterclaim is 100% more believable than an initial claim because scum (unless they're in a bad spot already) doesn't have the incentive to counterclaim that town do.
If you are actually town and really think so then this is a dangerous line of thought. It basically gives scum a free pass for yeeting any PR.
In post 1103, Hopkirk wrote: What I bought when I voted PJ was that Derp was town, NOT that there were two doctors in the game. That's very clearly why I voted PJ
Fair point, I still think it's extremely risky to lynch a possible doctor. I'm skeptical you could have developed a 0% PJ - 100% derp mindset at that point. It's not impossible yes, but I'm sus of you because it's more likely to come from scum taking advantage of the situation to get a doc killed.
Justice will prevail
\m/
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:20 pm

In post 1127, Noraa wrote:VCA is stupid. its based solely on how good one's reads are and that's ridiculous.
VCA is about how likely someone is to be scum base of their positions in wagons it has nothing to do with reads. Also, VCA is not the only thing I'm basing my reads on FYI.
Justice will prevail
\m/
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:04 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Depression episode woo-hoo
In post 1111, derp wrote:so what does johnny think about it?
I think at this juncture the frustration comes from town's weak position. When you factor that in the rest of her play matches up almost 1-1 with betrayal. Incomprehensible reads, fence sitting, being under heavy scrutiny, it's all there. I think Noraa is town here.

Also just taking the stance here that staar is really who they say they are and town here. This is a tough game and they're doing their best.

Much as I like a trendall vote, I don't really trust nopo

That leaves me with VOTE: derp
I'm not losing this game in ello to a day 1 CC that flipped a town pr. Enabler talk and whatever else be damned
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:56 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Shit i forgot about this
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:58 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 1005, Noraa wrote:Slime is trully a weird kill. I'd think the scums would ... be more worried about the outed prs?
Maybe I'm overthinking but I almost think atm that one of the outed is scum and the scum team is keeping both alive to like idk provide cover for the other....
The only reason scum has to not kill in the claims is if they're in that set of people
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:35 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1133, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 1005, Noraa wrote:Slime is trully a weird kill. I'd think the scums would ... be more worried about the outed prs?
Maybe I'm overthinking but I almost think atm that one of the outed is scum and the scum team is keeping both alive to like idk provide cover for the other....
The only reason scum has to not kill in the claims is if they're in that set of people
Really, that's the only reason? It objectively isn't. If you're town then you're saying it hasn't crossed your mind that scum aren't killing the claims so that town (like yourself in this example) want to vote them because they think they must be scum for not getting killed?

Its literally one of the most classical examples of wifom this is. You've been playing long enough to know what wifom is.
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:58 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

VC in a few hours sorry lol
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:34 pm

Post by Glitch »

In post 1128, nopointinactingup wrote:Not sure how I feel about both Derp and Glitch completely disregarding the fact that Trendall was on the Keita wagon at the end there.
Wait can you elaborate?

Trendall wasn't on the Keita wagon at all on D2 unless I missed something. If he was on it at the end I want to know but VCs don't reflect that. What am I missing?
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:39 pm

Post by Glitch »

derp, Johnny, Flub, Noraa, Staarling, nopo

Derp is high efforting with decent reads but the level of effort gives me gut scum vibes and I can't pin why. I'm also struggling not to just immediately want to jump at derp for the CC STILL.

Johnny gives me weird vibes but I think it's just the avatar and the fact that I only have like 10 minutes a day to play this game this week.

Flub and Staarling are null but I will get more of a read on them when I can put some effort into this game again which will be either tomorrow after work or Sunday evening. Sorry, I'm just stretched really thin right now with a new job working 60 hours a week and I'm playing 2 games and modding one. So much to do.

Nopo still strikes me as town even this much into the game. I know that's been either a TL or a TR from me from the start but I just feel like solid effort coming from that slot is town indicative and it seems they are genuinely trying to solve.

At this point my lack of ability to focus on this game leaves me in a position where my reads are not as strong as they could be either way but regardless of that I would still be happy with a derp flip. Johnny just voted there which makes me feel like MAYBE we could get some traction there so hell, let's do it.

VOTE: Derp
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by Glitch »

Right now my town bin is Hopkirk and Nopo; trendall's application is pending.

I want to eliminate Noraa but I'm trying to figure out if it's because I SR her or if I just am annoyed with how she plays and think it's really immature. That line is blurry for me so Derp it is. No offense meant to Noraa, I have no ill will against you, our playstyles just don't mesh well.
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:43 pm

Post by Glitch »

Glitch
Hopkirk

Nopo

Trendall

Flub
Staarling

Johnny

Noraa

derp
derp
derp
Goon
derp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:06 pm

Post by derp »

In post 1131, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Depression episode woo-hoo
In post 1111, derp wrote:so what does johnny think about it?
I think at this juncture the frustration comes from town's weak position. When you factor that in the rest of her play matches up almost 1-1 with betrayal. Incomprehensible reads, fence sitting, being under heavy scrutiny, it's all there. I think Noraa is town here.

Also just taking the stance here that staar is really who they say they are and town here. This is a tough game and they're doing their best.

Much as I like a trendall vote, I don't really trust nopo

That leaves me with VOTE: derp
I'm not losing this game in ello to a day 1 CC that flipped a town pr. Enabler talk and whatever else be damned
if u are town u might lose the game to it if u yeet poor derp now

also derp said u should either have yeeted me yesterday or believe in derp, because choosing to pursue something as illogical as thinking derp would cc a doc claim d1 as scum is something makes no sense, only reason to misyeet derp would be due to policy which should have happened yesterday

but u can vote on derp if u want to, but derp would still like to hear if u have any other scum reads
derp
derp
Goon
derp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:09 pm

Post by derp »

glitchy boy derp is not going to bother trying to defend himself against a policy wagon, derp said u shouldve yeeted derp yesterday because now ure just wasting a day by essentially not pushing anything
derp
derp
Goon
derp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:11 pm

Post by derp »

u already know derps role, u know derps reads, u know it would be very illogical for derp to be scum because the cc does not make sense from a scum perspective and with hopkirks claim it does not make much sense for derp to be a mafia doctor either from a setup perspective unless u believe derp and hopkirk are dirty buddies, but there is always wifom around and technically derp did cc a now confirmed town doc so pushing a policy yeet is what it is
derp
derp
Goon
derp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:12 pm

Post by derp »

dear nopo, could u elaborate on ur trendell read?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:07 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 1134, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 1133, Flubbernugget wrote:
Really, that's the only reason? It objectively isn't. If you're town then you're saying it hasn't crossed your mind that scum aren't killing the claims so that town (like yourself in this example) want to vote them because they think they must be scum for not getting killed?

Its literally one of the most classical examples of wifom this is. You've been playing long enough to know what wifom is.
You've been playing long enough to know that wifom can explain away any action scum makes

What are you doing dude
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:09 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Anyway

HARDCLAIM ROLE COP
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:11 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

There's scum in {hop, me, derp} off of 4 pr towns being unprecedented for normals. Derp makes the best candidate because my role plays nicely into a town/scum doc dynamic
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

VOTE: derp

Also staarling should probably claim
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:18 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Enabler probably makes sense to mitigate follow the cop but idk how that plays into alignment
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 1145, Flubbernugget wrote:Anyway

HARDCLAIM ROLE COP
isnt role cop a scum role?
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”