the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:40 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 144, Menalque wrote:Town lost this mostly because of a really badly executed claim from a town player, a fantastic scum fakeclaim from ducky, and some... I'm going to go with the word 'distasteful' AtE from the other scumplayer involved.
i am, honestly, amazing.
wrt other scum player - i can vouch for the AtE not being fabricated, so not sure "distasteful" is a word i'd throw around so quickly.

still, this is a digression. selecting the wrong type of AtE to eliminate is not really a fault in mafia play. i agree these are all very good examples of a very deserved nom.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:42 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

i can vouch for the townclaim being a train wreck level execution of bad.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:57 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 150, the worst wrote:
In post 144, Menalque wrote:Town lost this mostly because of a really badly executed claim from a town player, a fantastic scum fakeclaim from ducky, and some... I'm going to go with the word 'distasteful' AtE from the other scumplayer involved.
i am, honestly, amazing.
wrt other scum player - i can vouch for the AtE not being fabricated, so not sure "distasteful" is a word i'd throw around so quickly.

still, this is a digression. selecting the wrong type of AtE to eliminate is not really a fault in mafia play. i agree these are all very good examples of a very deserved nom.
It was not meant to imply that the AtE was fabricated. I fully believe the emotions were real. That does not change my opinion that it can be aptly described as “distasteful”. I would prefer not to dwell on this point. No names were stated for a reason, and I would like the focus to be on skitter and how good a player she is rather than making my nomination post about anything else. Also, not trying to take anything away from your play that game — you played very well.
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:02 pm

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 150, the worst wrote:
i am, honestly, amazing.

<3 Thank you duckling. Ftr, I would never ever do in a million years what Mena is alleging. To anyone in that game who incorrectly is under that impression, I apologize for not clarifying that sooner. I nearly had a breakdown over that game. There was a part of that game that seriously messed with my head which really freaked me out. I even made a point of telling people not to townread me for that. So it really really fucking hurts to be wrongly accused of something I would just never do. I would never intentionally jeopardize my own mental health nor anyone else’s to win a mafia game and when I play scum, I have strong ethical standards that I refuse to cross.

The scum PT was never released but if it were, I’d be getting a helluva lot more credit than shade for my contribution to winning that game. That said.

Nth for Skitter nom - she totally deserves it. She is one of the best all around players on the site.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:03 pm

Post by the worst »

no harm done here! in a vacuum it just felt underexplained / like it probably could have been left out to make the same point. skitter was terrifying in that game.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:08 pm

Post by Menalque »

I have nothing more to say here beyond that I (1) only mentioned it because I think it probably was a contributing factor to the scum win though it was by no means the most important nor did I ever intend to imply that it was and (2) I would suggest that anyone who is unsure about all of this read Raven’s ISO in that game and decide for themselves if the posts there were ‘distasteful’ or not. Not responding further after this post.
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:16 pm

Post by Alisae »

while the discussion is hot here, I would like to remind everyone to check out the Speedrunner's nomination thread
GTKAS
| here.
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:21 pm

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 155, Menalque wrote:I have nothing more to say here beyond that I (1) only mentioned it because I think it probably was a contributing factor to the scum win though it was by no means the most important nor did I ever intend to imply that it was and (2) I would suggest that anyone who is unsure about all of this read Raven’s ISO in that game and decide for themselves if the posts there were ‘distasteful’ or not. Not responding further after this post.
Spoiler:
Please and I say this with the utmost respect - something you are apparently unwilling to grant me - please remove your head from your ass, because you are unfairly slandering my character here and I will not tolerate it. Please do not clog up this thread. I only responded because you were saying things about me that I know to be false. I profusely apologize if anything I did hurt people due to my alignment but none of it was motivated by a scum wincon. Something happened during the course of the game that really did a number on me emotionally. When I reacted to it, I wasn’t thinking about the game or my wincon. Everything I said in that post was 100% true. I would have said what I did irrespective of alignment. I don’t understand how it makes absolutely no difference to you how what you said is affecting me. I nearly had a breakdown over that game and I thought I had finally put it behind me. Yes, Skitter, Datisi are still owed a personal apology from me. I believe SS already understood and I have made amends with Pooky. I did not intentionally do anything in bad faith and I don’t think it’s cool that Mena thinks it’s acceptable to continue to beat me up over that in a post that was presumably made to honour Skitter and that nom I fully endorse.
Last edited by Raven Branwen on Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:28 pm

Post by Alisae »

Also is raven skitter cuz if so that’s cool
GTKAS
| here.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:28 pm

Post by the worst »

In an official moderating capacity: Raven and Menalque, this thread isn't an appropriate place for this discussion.

If you have issues with each other, we encourage you to use the foe function.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:18 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 158, Alisae wrote:Also is raven skitter cuz if so that’s cool
nvm me stoopid and gorilla.
GTKAS
| here.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:24 am

Post by SirCakez »

Moment of Brilliance
SirCakez The town of Xenoblade 2 Mafia Xenoblade 2 Mafia I was scum in this game and we got totally, completely annihilated by a storm of essentially perfect town day and nightplay. Town found each other quickly and efficiently, nailed scum at day easily, and was never in danger of losing or miseliminating anyone. I don't think there was any weak link in the town at all and everyone played amazingly, resulting in the perfect town win night 3 when the last two scum conceded.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:29 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Just wait for the PT’s Cakez. We got like 26+ pages in those 2 first night phases alone.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:01 am

Post by SirCakez »

Paragon of Mafia Hunters
11-30-2020 SirCakez Cabd (1) Xenoblade 2 Mafia - As mentioned in my previous nom this game was a total massacre for town and it was completely lead by Cabd. Cabd totally nailed me day 1 and proceeded to correctly nail every other scum by night 2. His insane presence at day gave scum no chance at all to control the game and had us wanting to NK him from the first 24 hours. His incredibly accurate reads had town in the driver's seat the whole game. AND THIS WAS ALL WHILE HE WAS DEALING WITH SURGERY!

(2) Smoke-Filled Antechamber - While not the stomp that Xenoblade 2 was (due to unrelated player choices), Cabd showed his scumhunting and townleading chops here. He did an excellent job uniting the town and helped quickly sort the game down into a POE pool from which town ultimately won the game.

(3) Mini 2167: Illicit Substances Mafia - I did not play in this but Flavor Leaf can attest to Cabd's skill here.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:03 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Damn, I’m gonna have to write one now. That’s fine. I’ll do it tonight.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:43 am

Post by Bell »

In post 163, SirCakez wrote:
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
11-30-2020 SirCakez Cabd (1) Xenoblade 2 Mafia - As mentioned in my previous nom this game was a total massacre for town and it was completely lead by Cabd. Cabd totally nailed me day 1 and proceeded to correctly nail every other scum by night 2. His insane presence at day gave scum no chance at all to control the game and had us wanting to NK him from the first 24 hours. His incredibly accurate reads had town in the driver's seat the whole game. AND THIS WAS ALL WHILE HE WAS DEALING WITH SURGERY!

(2) Smoke-Filled Antechamber - While not the stomp that Xenoblade 2 was (due to unrelated player choices), Cabd showed his scumhunting and townleading chops here. He did an excellent job uniting the town and helped quickly sort the game down into a POE pool from which town ultimately won the game.

(3) Mini 2167: Illicit Substances Mafia - I did not play in this but Flavor Leaf can attest to Cabd's skill here.
nth. Though, biased.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:17 pm

Post by Cabd »

We need to lose the noose in the paragon award image, btw.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:32 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 161, SirCakez wrote:
Moment of Brilliance
SirCakez The town of Xenoblade 2 Mafia Xenoblade 2 Mafia I was scum in this game and we got totally, completely annihilated by a storm of essentially perfect town day and nightplay. Town found each other quickly and efficiently, nailed scum at day easily, and was never in danger of losing or miseliminating anyone. I don't think there was any weak link in the town at all and everyone played amazingly, resulting in the perfect town win night 3 when the last two scum conceded.
I wish to provide context.

Here's a list of the town players, and how many of the 5 scum they had in their POE list (Their lim pools) before the end of day one (Or out of 4 on day two if they didn't reads list day 1):
1. Battle Mage (3/5)
3. Bell (3/5)
4. Brian Skies (3/4) (Day Two read after cake flip)
5. Cabd (5/5)
6. Cobra Kai (4/5)
7. Dunnstral (3/4) (Day Two read after cake flip)
8. Fermis Flames (fferyllt/Syryana/Tammy) (4/5)
9. Firebringer (2/5)
10. Flavor Leaf (4/5)
11. Gamma Emerald (2/5)
13. l4pe (3/5)
14. Lady Lambdadelta (2/5)
16. MariaR (3/5)
17. midwaybear (4/5)
19. REAGAN BUSH 84 (petapan/Prism) (2/5)
21. unwnd (3/5)
22. Will catch up later maybe (Nachomamma8/zMuffinMan) (2/5)
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:42 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 167, Cabd wrote:
In post 161, SirCakez wrote:
Moment of Brilliance
I wish to provide context.

Here's a list of the town players, and how many of the 5 scum they had in their POE list (Their lim pools) before the end of day one (Or out of 4 on day two if they didn't reads list day 1):
1. Battle Mage (3/5)
3. Bell (3/5)
4. Brian Skies (3/4) (Day Two read after cake flip)
5. Cabd (5/5)
6. Cobra Kai (4/5)
7. Dunnstral (3/4) (Day Two read after cake flip)
8. Fermis Flames (fferyllt/Syryana/Tammy) (4/5)
9. Firebringer (2/5)
10. Flavor Leaf (4/5)
11. Gamma Emerald (2/5)
13. l4pe (3/5)
14. Lady Lambdadelta (2/5)
16. MariaR (3/5)
17. midwaybear (4/5)
19. REAGAN BUSH 84 (petapan/Prism) (2/5)
21. unwnd (3/5)
22. Will catch up later maybe (Nachomamma8/zMuffinMan) (2/5)
I was asked to provided context so here I am.

I was actually in full support of the D1 Cakez wagon (publicly advocated it, just never got to vote/hammer it), had 3/4 of remaining scum in POE for my Night 1 overnight reads, and all remaining scum in my POE once Spiffeh replaced here.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:28 am

Post by petapan »

In post 166, Cabd wrote:We need to lose the noose in the paragon award image, btw.
bring back the old ugly one with the nose
free crypto
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:35 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 169, petapan wrote:
In post 166, Cabd wrote:We need to lose the noose in the paragon award image, btw.
bring back the old ugly one with the nose
nah nah
We’ll probably update it before the end of the year because honestly, I forgot that it might needed to be changed, and I’m sure Datisi will have no problem doing that.

The new banner will likely not be used until the scummy is handed out at the ceremony.
This can change though.
GTKAS
| here.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:47 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

One year I'll get a nomination

Myabe

I'll just need to host a convoluted and confusing setup, but also fun.
StarToAYoungCulture
StarToAYoungCulture
Townie
StarToAYoungCulture
Townie
Townie

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:22 am

Post by StarToAYoungCulture »

Moment of Brilliance
09-12-2020 StarToAYoungCulture Hiraki, Ythan Micro 987 They found and executed mafia team under a page.
IDC about my pronoun but call me full name or STAYC plz (I'm not gonna beat you if you call me something else lol)
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:29 am

Post by Ythan »

All credit to Hiraki!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:29 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

If I don’t bungle things, I should be able to bust out 2/3 games for MotY 2021 before my scum day I think >XD
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”